Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
raven

Britannia

Created by WGA Award-winning writer Jez Butterworth ("Spectre," "Jerusalem") "Britannia" is set in A.D. 43, when the Romans invaded Britain led by General Aulus Plautius, who is determined to succeed where Julius Caesar failed and conquer this mythical land on the very end of the Roman Empire.

Is anyone else watching this batshit show?  Druids!  Evil Romans!  People with great hair and bad hygiene!

Anyway, it's fun.  I'm here for the Cait and Divis show "AS THE BREEZE BLOWS ACROSS YOUR FACE, YOU FEEL SLEEPY" lol but really, everyone is entertaining in one way or another - is Phelan just a loser or does he have a greater purpose?  What new evil thing will Aulus do? that lead Druid guy needs a sandwich and Zoë Wanamaker's Queen Antedia is scary!

I just finished S1 on Epix and S2 will premiere on it today.  S1 is also on Amazon.

I watch it!  I’ve lost track of how many people have been decapitated onscreen.  I love the weird mentoring relationship/buddy movie that Divis and Cait have going on.  I really want Divis to wear that antler/birdcage hat every episode.  And now Phelan has turned into the ultimate deadbeat dad who also drags his dead sister’s head around.  What’s not to like?

They can call Aulus by that name all they want, but he’ll always be The Governor to me.  I got a very weird kick out of he and Lucius speeding up Jesus’ crucifixion because they were hungry and bored.

Edited by eejm

On 10/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, eejm said:

I really want Divis to wear that antler/birdcage hat every episode.  And now Phelan has turned into the ultimate deadbeat dad who also drags his dead sister’s head around.  What’s not to like?

Agree about everything.  I laughed and laughed when Cait jumped over the cliff and Divis is all "oh shit",

I though Claudius would hang around a while longer. 

I guess we'll have more competing Druids, though what dark haired Druid wants with Phelan + head is anyone's guess!