Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E04: Top 13

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I don't watch the show with the exception of Johnny Weir's performances. What was said about Nev's nipples. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Apparently he manscaped before the show because Bruno made fun of his hairy chest the week before. He made a joke that he could finally see his nipples after several years.

He is awkward and weird, but he can definitely dance. Maybe watch him and put your mute button on?

• Love 2
On 10/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Note:  did I really see one of the celebrity dancers inject her tummy!!!  I about fainted.  I know what it's for but is that a part of any dance show???

It was for IVF. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
4 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Apparently he manscaped before the show because Bruno made fun of his hairy chest the week before. He made a joke that he could finally see his nipples after several years.

He is awkward and weird, but he can definitely dance. Maybe watch him and put your mute button on?

Thanks for the explanation. The only reason I mute is at the end of the dance so I don't have to hear Tyra's voice.

• Love 3
On 10/6/2020 at 4:07 PM, iMonrey said:

The show also needs to work on its timing. I realize Tyra is standing in for both Tom and Erin, hence the inane interviews after the judges have given their remarks. But too much time is being eaten up by those segments and the ending is too rushed. We don't even give the couple eliminated a chance to say goodbye or share their final thoughts anymore. 

The show has always had trouble with timing and I've never understood why they couldn't figure out that all the drawn out B.S. in the front of the show was robbing time at end of the show. So why not keep it all even as far as time throughout the show and if there ends up being a lot extra time at the end, there's always the option to let the eliminated folks talk and do a last dance?

But the moment that stood out in this episode was when AJ was speaking to Tyra and was clearly done talking and Tyra was all "don't you have anything more to say????" AJ seemed startled and scrambled for something else to add to what he'd already said and it just seemed like an awkward moment. I assumed they must have been running way ahead on time, but no, the end was as frantic as ever.

I wanna like Skai but she just seems scared and/or sad most of the time. 

I remember that I loathed Alan until they did the DWTS Juniors show and he worked so well with the children. And unfortunately, I get the same vibe in his partnership with Skai. She just looks and acts SO young, it makes it hard to watch with the judging and potential elimination. The Jrs show was incredibly gentle with critique in a way the adult show isn't necessarily set up to be and it feels uncomfortable to have someone so young-seeming be a part of it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

The show has always had trouble with timing and I've never understood why they couldn't figure out that all the drawn out B.S. in the front of the show was robbing time at end of the show. So why not keep it all even as far as time throughout the show and if there ends up being a lot extra time at the end, there's always the option to let the eliminated folks talk and do a last dance?

But the moment that stood out in this episode was when AJ was speaking to Tyra and was clearly done talking and Tyra was all "don't you have anything more to say????" AJ seemed startled and scrambled for something else to add to what he'd already said and it just seemed like an awkward moment. I assumed they must have been running way ahead on time, but no, the end was as frantic as ever.

That was extremely awkward with AJ.  She did the same thing to him when she asked why he loved his wife a few weeks ago.  He gave an answer and then she wanted him to keep going.  I think it caught him off guard back then too.  Plus, that was the week that Derek only had time to say "Good job" as a critique for another contestant. 

I agree that this show is not very good with time management.

• Love 5