Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Home Alone

• Start Topic

On 10/10/2020 at 5:24 AM, psychoticstate said:

Bennett and the one square

This is, without a doubt, the grossest thing anyone has said on this show. I couldn't care less about shoes on in the house and on the bed or the inside/outside clothes debate, but the one square got me. Without being gross, how the hell do you get clean after the business? I really hope he has a bidet or something, although then that would be wasting water instead.

Also horrible, visualizing Bennett taking a crap in his yellow dress and trying to verrrrry carefully wipe (shudder)..........

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 10/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, topanga said:

I found both of them pretty awful people. I wouldn’t want to spend time with either one of them. I am glad that Brett ripped off the bandaid and told Olivia that they just weren’t right for one another and shouldn’t be together. I’m sure Olivia was hurt and maybe a little embarrassed, but in, she’s got to know he was right. She kept talking to the experts about not wanting to be failure, but not about any real potential she saw with her and Brett. 

My guess is that Amani braided Woody’s hair into the little plaits he was wearing. And she usually does her own hair (except for the braids she wore on the honeymoon). 

Whatever she does looks great.  Always something different according to her moods. I love everything about her and hope they last.

• Love 3

I was thinking about Christina's friend who allegedly texted her to say that Henry had given him a gay come-on. A couple episodes back, Christina had a visit from a male friend who was pinging my gaydar pretty hard and seemed to enjoy being on camera; could this be the same person? Maybe he was just wishfully thinking that Henry was coming on to him. Or maybe he was just trying to make Christina feel a boost of self-esteem because she'd been complaining to him about how Henry didn't seem interested in boning her. Or maybe Christina made the whole thing up because she's a Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire (you have to imagine that being said in a Judge Judy voice). I don't trust Christina or, by extension, any of her friends.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2020 at 12:50 AM, ChiMama said:

She said to his face in front of Dr. Cal that she doesn’t believe him. Game over. She’s super defensive, on the lookout constantly for problems, like a dog with a bone with her incessant complaint reruns, and very schoolmarmishly UNFUN. Traveling or living with her would be a stressful uptight experience, even as a friend/roommate. Plus who’s going to wait 2-5 yrs while she fritters away HER money hanging out with her equally joyless nagging friends and THEN decide she’s definitely NOT willing to “consider” kids after all. He DEFINITELY wants kids; she doesn’t (and doesn’t have the personality for it). He’s a saver, she’s a spender. Doomed.

Truthfully, I don’t think Olivia really wants kids.  She’s too selfish.  Kids come first.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2020 at 12:04 PM, Neurochick said:

When he and ChristinA were on the honeymoon it seemed like he never did anything before.  He was like, "I never did this, I don't know how to swim, I've never been out of the country."  I'm not rich or well to do at all, and I did leave the country when I was 23.  It just seemed strange to me.   I still think he's off, YMMV.  But that doesn't give ChristinA the right to abuse him, and I do think she emotionally abused him, but YMMV there.

Lots of people never went out of the country.  There’s plenty to see here.  I live on the east coast and only went to Denver and Vegas.  I wish we could have seen the national parks and California, and many more places in the west, but there was always something.  We could have flew to Rome as my kid worked for United, but the husband didn’t want to travel, so that was that.  I just watch the travel channel, lol.  Christina goes because she’s a stewardess, so big deal.  She rather have a husband.  Henry seems to be happy the way he is, and there’s nothing wrong with that.  He’s content.  He could never live with Christina.  She’s too demanding and he doesn’t like her anyway.  She would kill his spirit.  Right now, we are driving up the east coast to see the colors and buy maple syrup.  We now have the means to go to Europe, but don’t have the stamina to walk around anymore.  Some people are just homebodies, and that’s o.k.   P.S.  I thought this show was over because of the virus? In the t.v. Guide, it says it’s on tomorrow. ????

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

P.S.  I thought this show was over because of the virus? In the t.v. Guide, it says it’s on tomorrow. ????

This show is like a vampire...it won't die unless you ram a wooden stake deep through its heart...joking...there may be 2 more regular episodes, including tomorrow's,  Decision Day, Reunion Show and then a LA Special...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

This show is like a vampire...it won't die unless you ram a wooden stake deep through its heart...joking...there may be 2 more regular episodes, including tomorrow's,  Decision Day, Reunion Show and then a LA Special...

Oh goody.  Even tho this season stinks, it’s still my favorite show.  Plus, I’m crazy about vampires.  We were up the other night watching all the Bella Logosi vampire movies on TCM, my favorite channel for old farts.  Just LOVE the old black n whites, especially this time of the year.  I lit all my candelabras in the bedroom to make it spooky, not kidding.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, TheMediumBopper said:

I was thinking about Christina's friend who allegedly texted her to say that Henry had given him a gay come-on. A couple episodes back, Christina had a visit from a male friend who was pinging my gaydar pretty hard and seemed to enjoy being on camera; could this be the same person? Maybe he was just wishfully thinking that Henry was coming on to him. Or maybe he was just trying to make Christina feel a boost of self-esteem because she'd been complaining to him about how Henry didn't seem interested in boning her. Or maybe Christina made the whole thing up because she's a Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire (you have to imagine that being said in a Judge Judy voice). I don't trust Christina or, by extension, any of her friends.

I don't remember what he said but I feel like it was more than just a "come on" or it could have been easily laughed off - there are some people who think everyone is hitting on them 😄 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I don't remember what he said but I feel like it was more than just a "come on" or it could have been easily laughed off - there are some people who think everyone is hitting on them 😄 

Oh, the claim was that the texter is sleeping with Henry. If it was true, Henry would know who sent the text. And, he probably wouldn’t have been the one to mention it. Though it would be something if someone in production is messing with Christina and gave Henry the opportunity to be the one to discuss it on camera.

• Love 2

I'll say it again. He wanted his bride to have nice shoes. 

!!!!!

Edit:  Truly, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.  But I seem to be the only one leaning that way.  Huh.

Edited by Linarina
9 hours ago, Linarina said:

I'll say it again. He wanted his bride to have nice shoes. !!!! Edit:  Truly, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.  But I seem to be the only one leaning that way.  Huh.

Shoes can tell you a lot about a person. Some non-zero subset of straight and staightish guys I absolutely make judgments or at least assumptions about women based on their shoes. Woody probably would. 

Maybe Henry sent the text!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Shoes can tell you a lot about a person. Some non-zero subset of straight and staightish guys I absolutely make judgments or at least assumptions about women based on their shoes. Woody probably would. 

Maybe Henry sent the text!

There are absolutely straight men who care about fashion and shoes - my ex boyfriend was one before the term metro sexual was invented.

I do not see any upside for Henry to come on this show to deceive and marry a stranger wife if he is a gay man. Why would anybody do that in 2020? Nobody needs a beard in this day and age, plus Henry's gaggle of girlfriends don't seem the sorts who would care, and his father already has little to no respect for him anyway.......Also, for all of his oddities, Henry does seem like a generally nice guy, and doing this would be a pretty cruel thing to do to a woman who came into this in good faith to be married, which for all HER faults, I think Christina did........

• Love 5
On 10/9/2020 at 11:28 AM, gonecrackers said:

I felt so bad for Miles when Karen was talking about maybe this is what it’s like to deal with his depression. Poor guy can’t work, is home alone most of the time but is no slacker, spending much of his time doing things to make her life easier, yet she still acts like she barely tolerates him. Seems to me he’s holding up fairly well under these grim circumstances. She’s so cold. 

I think we could tell what Karen was going to be when her mother read Miles the riot act on how her little princess DESERVED to be treated. Now it may be that mama has had to dry Karen's tears after an endless procession of jerks ditched her and wanted assurance that Miles would be different. OR it could be that Mama raised Karen to think that her shit doesn't stink, and a guy who is young and occasionally puppyish, but works with kids but doesn't make much money is somehow beneath her.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I think we could tell what Karen was going to be when her mother read Miles the riot act on how her little princess DESERVED to be treated. Now it may be that mama has had to dry Karen's tears after an endless procession of jerks ditched her and wanted assurance that Miles would be different. OR it could be that Mama raised Karen to think that her shit doesn't stink, and a guy who is young and occasionally puppyish, but works with kids but doesn't make much money is somehow beneath her.

Oh, I wonder what Miles' mother and Karen's mother think of each other.

According to her MAFS bio, Karen was single the five years before MAFS. In that episode where Miles mentioned the ten relationships, Karen said she's only been in two relationships in adulthood. So possibly 1 or 2 jerks who were around when she was 18-25. Unless jerks that she dated a few times are included, too.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:17 PM, bichonblitz said:

I'm glad Amelia and Bennett came to some agreement on her moving to VA but I wish she would have put a timeline on the commuting back and forth for Bennett. Like maybe saying they could try it for 6 mos and then he should have a feeling of what he wants to do. Leaving it wide open is not good in a situation like that. Bennett may think it's ok to go on like that indefinitely.  I want them to make it! 

I think residency is generally two years?  At that point, she might be able to apply to a NOLA hospital.  I don’t think any of this relocation is all that permanent.

13 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Her mom might be feeling overprotective given the asshole Karen was with prior, so I can understand that.  Karen should have made peace with the issues that created for her before coming into this experiment relationship marriage. That was her mistake & it is putting tremendous pressure on Miles. Most men would've 'done a Brett' by now.

• Love 2

I think residency is generally two years?  At that point, she might be able to apply to a NOLA hospital.  I don’t think any of this relocation is all that permanent.

I think it depends on the specialization. I believe Amelia's is two???

On 10/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, Ilovepie said:

This is, without a doubt, the grossest thing anyone has said on this show. I couldn't care less about shoes on in the house and on the bed or the inside/outside clothes debate, but the one square got me. Without being gross, how the hell do you get clean after the business?

I like to think his goal is one sheet, bringing in reinforcements when necessary.

But more common than one-sheeters are women with super-long fingernails.  Is there some sort of technique that I can't quite imagine, that prevents that from devolving into an unholy mess?  Serious question. 

On 10/13/2020 at 6:38 AM, Silver Bells said:

Truthfully, I don’t think Olivia really wants kids.  She’s too selfish.  Kids come first.

But if she's selfish, the kids wouldn't come first.  That wouldn't prevent her from having kids in the first place.

It's entirely possible she just doesn't want to have kids.  It happens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I like to think his goal is one sheet, bringing in reinforcements when necessary.

But more common than one-sheeters are women with super-long fingernails.  Is there some sort of technique that I can't quite imagine, that prevents that from devolving into an unholy mess?  Serious question. 

Yes - it involves holding the tp between the side of your thumb and the side of your index finger.  You couldn't do it with only one square 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 10/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

What a cold bitch, Karen saying it’s good we have an extra room. He needs to go too. Miles is plenty masculine, what she wants is toxic masculinity. Cal needs to shut it. 

What in the actual flying F$ck is she talking about with all this “masculinity” crap??? Miles is super masculine. I don’t get what she wants???? She wants someone to totally dominate and control her??? She’s weird. I see nothing feminine or non-masculine about Miles. So confusing!!

• Love 1