Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Sorry... Not Sorry

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I watched it again in glorious slow motion. It was white wine. And here is more in the chain of events. Monique is flipping Candiass' hair. Gizelle pushes Monique then you see Candiass' leopard arm pull Monique's vest. Monique starts pushing and grabs Candiass' hair. That's when Candiass tosses the white wine in Monique's face. Monique has one hand full of weave and the other hand is smacking. Candiass is still holding the intact glass and starts swinging. The first swings appears to hit Monique in the face as she jumps back at bit. The second swing misses Monique, but when her arm comes up, we see the glass is broken. With a broken glass in her hand, Candiass managed to make 3 more swings. The first one was blocked by arms but the second one is in the zone of Monique's face, and the third swing was aimed even better plus Candiass managed to combine a lunge with the swing. We don't see where these last two blows hit because a crew member is blocking our view of Monique's face. The dudes finally get the broken glass under control. Monique goes into Terminator mode continuously repeating "Get off of me". Others are imploring Monique to let go. Closed captioning displays "I'm bleeding" and we can clearly see the blood in Monique's mouth.

They are all lucky that something tragic didn't occur from this foolishness

Thank you for the break down. I rewound over and over and just gave up at some point. I find it odd the show won't release the other angles filmed. If they did NOT film from various angles somebody didn't do their job. I feel like it would not support the narrative they want to push right now though. 

They are not above that as we know. on RHoNY they didn't show the footage of Dorinda going deranged MOB BOSS on John from the end of the last season. Tinsley had to bring it up before it was finally shown. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Thats not the same as actually hitting someone., to me.  

There are quite a few people I'd like to kick in the nuts.  George Zimmerman comes to mind.  There are quire a few people I'd like to smack in the face.  Casey Anthony comes to mind.  

I'd dare to say that most human adults have a person that they would like to kick in the nuts or smack in the face.  But, we all can and should accept it as puffery and talk.  However, when someone DOES cross that line into physical violence than I think its not unreasonable to retrospectively look back and think that those statements that you thought were puffery and talk were really something entirely different.  

Absolutely, it is not the same. Talking about it and doing it are two completely different things. The problem is that Gizelle said that she should have seen this coming because Monique talked about it so much. That doesn't fly when everyone else has done so much talking about it too. If they lose judgment or get drunk and hit someone, they put themselves in the same position, after talking about it for so long. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Absolutely, it is not the same. Talking about it and doing it are two completely different things. The problem is that Gizelle said that she should have seen this coming because Monique talked about it so much. That doesn't fly when everyone else has done so much talking about it too. If they lose judgment or get drunk and hit someone, they put themselves in the same position, after talking about it for so long. 

But, retrospectively, after someone has physically attacked someone, their talking looks less like puffery and more like threats and escalation.  Thats how I'd see it at least.  

Like gee, now that I look back on it, all that stuff you said was probably serious and not just random shit-talking because you ended up acting on it.  If, in two weeks, you read about me kicking George Zimmerman in the nuts, you probably will read this post a little differently.  

I think the reasoning is sound if no one else engages in violent behavior.  If they know themselves, then they can probably be confident that their exercise of poor judgment and drunken mistakes don't extend to physical attacks on fellow castmates.  

***I am not going to kick George Zimmerman in the nuts, BTW. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Candiace and the glass is irrelevant because once Monique put her hands on Candiace, all bets were off.  It doesn't matter if it was white wine or red wine or Candiace even touching Monique's lapel because Monique put her hands on Candiace first.  I think many people (and half of the cast) feel a sense of disgust towards Monique not really for the fight, but for the fact Monique (or Ashley) and her team went around for nearly a year claiming that Candiace attacked Monique with the glass and that's why she had to fight her while conveniently leaving out the tidbit of Monique putting her hands on Candiace's person first.

And again, if we go by the "Candiace kept running her mouth so Monique was justified" logic, then Robyn was justified in going down to Ashley's restaurant and putting her finger in Ashley's face because Ashley had been running her mouth for 3 years straight on Robyn, her finances and Juan and Robyn never did anything to Ashley to deserve that.

I don't see too much of a problem with what Gizelle said.  Once you've proven you're about that life, it makes everything you say and do and have said and done suspect, in my opinion.  Monique certainly should've gotten the side eye after she threatened to beat up Candiace while pregnant.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Thats not the same as actually hitting someone., to me.  

There are quite a few people I'd like to kick in the nuts.  George Zimmerman comes to mind.  There are quire a few people I'd like to smack in the face.  Casey Anthony comes to mind.  

I'd dare to say that most human adults have a person that they would like to kick in the nuts or smack in the face.  But, we all can and should accept it as puffery and talk.  However, when someone DOES cross that line into physical violence than I think its not unreasonable to retrospectively look back and think that those statements that you thought were puffery and talk were really something entirely different.  

Thank you .... Being an ADULT is knowing the difference between wanting to do something like punching someone in the face and having enough responsibility and self restraint for yourself NOT to do it... People need to stop making excuses for What Monique did ... she was fully responsible for her own actions NO ONE made her do anything ... again she could have walked away at any time but chose to get physical

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7

I'm over Ashley bringing baby Dean everywhere.  I get it, she's a new mom.  But when I signed up to watch this reality show, I expected to see adults, not babies.  That is all.

• Love 9

Don't know if it's the same show, but they uploaded an interview with Monique on Bravo. 

All I can say is that I wish she would pay a PR team so they could advise her on how to manage this situation, I guess the entire budget went to the bloggers. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Candiace was on a podcast today describing her version of the winery incident. I posted it in the media thread. 

Thanks, I listened to some. 1, it's interesting that everyone is again seeing the footage, and kind of seeing the event differently than when the lived it. Also, it clear that the two Chris's spoke recently, but the contents of the conversation is different based on who is speaking. Maybe both versions happened, but clearly people are only talking about the part of the conversation that is favorable to them. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, charliesan said:

Don't know if it's the same show, but they uploaded an interview with Monique on Bravo. 

All I can say is that I wish she would pay a PR team so they could advise her on how to manage this situation, I guess the entire budget went to the bloggers. 

LOL, I could tell her how to manage the situation for free.  Apologize.  And apologize without an express or implicit "but...."  

Does Iyalana still do that show about fixing lives?  She could get on that.  

• Love 5
On 10/6/2020 at 7:00 PM, drivethroo said:

Wendy just met this lady so she doesn't know who or what Monique is all about. 

Really?  You honestly think that after Wendy got the news she'd been cast, she didn't watch all four seasons of Potomac?  😀

See, I guess that's where my entire disconnect from this whole incident comes from.  We're pretending it's a spontaneous incident, but it''s not a spontaneous incident.

Aren't all these women assigned a story editor?  Who follows them around and whispers in their ears, THIS would make good TV!  Like, for instance, Candiace seems pretty innocuous to me, your basic pleaser personality, so I've always figured that the reason she stirred up so much sh*t is because her story editor was edging her on, If you're too BORING, you'll get fired!  And I don't think Candiace can afford to get fired.  Even the insults she hurls at the other Housewives when she's provoking them sound pre-scripted to me.

Part of me blames Bravo for this fight.  Like to some degree, Monique was set up.  Monique is a gorgeous control freak, but people who are control freaks are generally pretty easy to trigger.  I'm guessing the story editors did not figure Monique could be triggered into an actual violent confrontation, but I still blame the entire Bravo set-up more than I blame Monique for that.

I get that this is probably not a popular opinion.  😀

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

Really?  You honestly think that after Wendy got the news she'd been cast, she didn't watch all four seasons of Potomac?  

Ok, let's say Wendy studied the first 4 seasons of the show.  She saw Monique threatening to fight the first season she was on, threaten to fight Robyn with the umbrella and threaten to fight Candiace while pregnant.  Wendy has seen Monique express this desire to be violent towards her castmates.  So why would Wendy feel safe and secure around Monique now that she's actually around her?

2 hours ago, Maximona said:

Part of me blames Bravo for this fight.  Like to some degree, Monique was set up.  Monique is a gorgeous control freak, but people who are control freaks are generally pretty easy to trigger.  I'm guessing the story editors did not figure Monique could be triggered into an actual violent confrontation, but I still blame the entire Bravo set-up more than I blame Monique for that.

The only person to blame for the fight is MONIQUE.  Not Candiace, not Robyn, not Ashley, not Gizelle, not BRAVO, not even Chris Samuels.  MONIQUE.

In her latest interview with People Magazine, Monique says Candiace got the beating for 36 years of pent up frustration.  Candiace has only known this lady for 3 or 4 years max so why is Candiace catching the beat down for the other 32 years?  BRAVO did not have to whisper in this lady's ear to beat Candiace, she wanted to beat Candiace's ass, she tried provoking Candiace into a fight all season and finally got her chance at the winery.

People need to stop making excuses for why Monique tried to bash in Candiace's head over some "I'm Sleep/You Sleep".  The same people cheering Monique on for beating Candiace are not about that Talk Shit/Get Hit life off-line...they walk away because they know they have things to lose.  Monique didn't feel she had anything to lose by beating Candiace's ass and that's why she chose to attack Candiace and not attack/follow through with any of her other cast members. Monique keeps saying this is how you handle things in the hood from which she came ...ma'am you don't live in that hood anymore and you're proving Gizelle & Candiace right every time you open your mouth.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Ok, let's say Wendy studied the first 4 seasons of the show.  She saw Monique threatening to fight the first season she was on, threaten to fight Robyn with the umbrella and threaten to fight Candiace while pregnant.  Wendy has seen Monique express this desire to be violent towards her castmates.  So why would Wendy feel safe and secure around Monique now that she's actually around her?

The only person to blame for the fight is MONIQUE.  Not Candiace, not Robyn, not Ashley, not Gizelle, not BRAVO, not even Chris Samuels.  MONIQUE.

In her latest interview with People Magazine, Monique says Candiace got the beating for 36 years of pent up frustration.  Candiace has only known this lady for 3 or 4 years max so why is Candiace catching the beat down for the other 32 years?  BRAVO did not have to whisper in this lady's ear to beat Candiace, she wanted to beat Candiace's ass, she tried provoking Candiace into a fight all season and finally got her chance at the winery.

People need to stop making excuses for why Monique tried to bash in Candiace's head over some "I'm Sleep/You Sleep".  The same people cheering Monique on for beating Candiace are not about that Talk Shit/Get Hit life off-line...they walk away because they know they have things to lose.  Monique didn't feel she had anything to lose by beating Candiace's ass and that's why she chose to attack Candiace and not attack/follow through with any of her other cast members. Monique keeps saying this is how you handle things in the hood from which she came ...ma'am you don't live in that hood anymore and you're proving Gizelle & Candiace right every time you open your mouth.

People really seem to not like Candiass. In the Wendy Williams interview...Wendy came down rather hard on her and she was the one that got beaten up.

18 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

In the season previews, looks like lil Ms. Candiace is getting in people's faces again. Whatever.. you asked to get your ass dragged and that's what happened. Team Monique!

I can't be on the team of someone who wanted to get to Candiace to "finish her off." 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

People really seem to not like Candiass. In the Wendy Williams interview...Wendy came down rather hard on her and she was the one that got beaten up.

No, they don't, which is why they are cheering on Monique for fighting her. 

If the roles were reversed and Candiace had been antagonizing Monique, the people cheering Monique for beating Candiace would not be cheering Candiace for beating Monique.

I'd have more respect for everyone involved if:

*Monique said "I sure did beat Candiace's ass and if she EVAH says anything to me again, I will beat her ass AGAIN.  I do apologize for disrupting the winery, for making everyone uncomfortable and embarrassing my family on tv and I understand and accept whatever consequences come from that."  None of this "She provoked me so I had to do it" business.

*Candiace said "I mouth off and take things too far and I need to be more mindful that my words can hurt and leave people feeling hurt long after I've said them."  None of this "I don't know why ____________ is mad at me" business.  Although in this one case Candiace doesn't know because Monique doesn't know herself.

*The fans said "We don't like Candiace and we're glad Monique beat her ass."  None of this "Monique shouldn't have put her hands on Candiace BUT..." business.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I can't be on the team of someone who wanted to get to Candiace to "finish her off."

I have a problem with Monique fighting Candiace but I have much more of a problem with Monique running to anyone with a platform to do impression management.  This latest "People Magazine" interview is more of the same, only this time she now has remorse but it's still Candiace's fault.  Must be exhausting to be Monique, that's why she's tired all the time.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 5

For those who are team Monique, if Candace hadn't said "drag me" do you still think that Candace would have deserved Monique's attack?  What if she had sarcastically said "hug me" instead of "drag me"?

Do you think you would implicitly or explicitly endorse Monique's behavior had Candace not said those words or had used a different command?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

For those who are team Monique, if Candace hadn't said "drag me" do you still think that Candace would have deserved Monique's attack?  What if she had sarcastically said "hug me" instead of "drag me"?

I know this is probably an unpopular position to take, but this is basically where I stand. As the saying goes, "knuck if you buck." Maybe Candiace felt a false sense of protection because these reality shows are surrounded by a phalanx of security guards and production people, but what I find frustrating is how afterwards she is utterly non-plussed about how the fight could've escalated. Like, sis, you essentially challenged her to a fight, so how are you acting mystified that she accepted?

I will concede my biases, though. I find Candiace's tweets and comments vulgar, vile and cruel, so yeah, I just find it really hard to feel sympathy for her.

• Love 4

I’m team no one because I don’t care that much lol, but just because Candiace is a jerk and kind of challenged Monique doesn’t mean it’s cool Monique goes completely crazy. I have a not great temper and there’s tones of ppl I would love to slap daily lol but you just don’t do that when you are a grown woman. I worked on my temper tho and can hold myself back because I know I would look pathetic and lose my job if I’m just going around fighting. 

I have a feeling Monique won’t be back. Which is too bad but what can ya do that’s the housewives for ya lol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Marley said:

I’m team no one because I don’t care that much lol, but just because Candiace is a jerk and kind of challenged Monique doesn’t mean it’s cool Monique goes completely crazy. I have a not great temper and there’s tones of ppl I would love to slap daily lol but you just don’t do that when you are a grown woman. I worked on my temper tho and can hold myself back because I know I would look pathetic and lose my job if I’m just going around fighting. 

I have a feeling Monique won’t be back. Which is too bad but what can ya do that’s the housewives for ya lol.

I don't know. If Monique was smart she would stay far away from this show but she seems to need the fame (not the money) and has a thirst to be known in her own right and not just a wifey. There is usually nothing wrong with this but trashy reality shows rarely improve your life.

I know some of the women want to freeze her out but without this messy storyline...this franchise probably would be canceled. I like some of the other ladies but their storylines are stale. I don't need another season of Michael's newest sex scandal followed by a new baby announcement.

I am not a fan of Wendy but I will leave her interview with Candiass here...I thinks she did say what a lot of people were thinking.

• Love 2

I'd have more to say about Monique if I didn't hate Gizelle's fake ass so much. Gizelle has hated Monique from the very beginning so I can't help but feel like this was somehow manipulated by her and Robin's broke ass.  I hope whoever replaces Monique verbally drags them both every week. 

What is really going on with Karen and Ray? Ray should be grateful she's not sprinkling legos on the staircase and collecting on the insurance. 

Sigh...I'm gonna go back to not watching this show again.

Edited by Adgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2020 at 4:36 PM, Adgirl said:

What is really going on with Karen and Ray? Ray should be grateful she's not sprinkling legos on the staircase and collecting on the insurance. 

Sigh...I'm gonna go back to not watching this show again.

"Did I leave that banana peel at the top of the staircase?  How strange!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It's very obvious that the Author of this article is a hater and if your only goal life is to tear a Black woman down. Then I yet pray for YOU! Being a Mother and Wife in itself is a Full time job. As well as helping her husband with the Chris Samuels Foundation. No she may not have a degree, but neither does Jay Z and Bey! You sit up and praise Ashley and Candiace, yet Monique has acquired the same net worth. You say it's a failing podcast but did you not know the average business takes 5 years to turn a profit? Hell Gizelle's make-up line has crashed and burned already. Looks like she can take a few investment tips from the Samuels since they do own 5 homes, they pay their taxes, and their is no allegations of her husband having outside kids. Give the girl her just do. 

• Love 3