Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 10/5/2020

Recommended Posts

Monday, Oct.  5 – Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Dave Mandel (Virtual reunion, “Veep”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 6 – Alyssa Milano (Author, “Project Class President”)

Wednesday, Oct. 7 — Anita Hill (Chair, The Hollywood Commission)

Thursday, Oct. 8 — The Political View with Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) (Author, “The Mind of a Conservative Woman: Seeking the Best for Family and Country”)

Friday, Oct. 9 — The Political View with South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee Jaime Harrison who is running against Sen. Lindsey Graham

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Monday might be good.  I’m tired of the politics all the time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Friday would've been torture for Meghan. HAHA 

Thursday will be torture for me.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Thursday will be torture for me.

That too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Doesn't look like an interesting line-up for me.  Looks more like a 'FF' the DVR, but I'll give it a chance. Here's hoping 'Hot Topics' will be interesting, at least. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That clip they showed of Trump's cheerleading video was obviously filmed in front of a green screen.

So Whoopi has mispronounced Kamala’s name twice three times and Joy once. It’s not that hard!

Argh, the overtalk is so annoying!

Julia Louis?  Really, Whoopi?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi, Halloween means you're interacting with people and that's dangerous. For Ramadan, we were at home instead of the masjid, so Halloween shouldn't be any different.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopie, who in their right mind is going to spray their kids’ candy with Lysol before giving it to them?  Whut???

Edited by Axie
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with Sunny that Kamala should do what Jaime Harrison did on Saturday - she needs to bring a plexiglass to the debate, I wouldn’t trust any of them... 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Ana was on point during the first block of the show. I have missed her fire her passion and intelligence.  Her derision for that ill-advised parade around the hospital gave me life.. 

Yes and Ana was so right in saying he acted like the Queen of England with his waving. I thought the same thing.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Axie said:

Whoopie, who in their right mind is going to spray their kids’ candy with Lysol before giving it to them?  Whut???

I think she was referring (though not too well heh) to that steamer thing.  Guess i didn't do much better lol.  Also in regards to the motorcade and the Queen, it made me think of a certain N. Korean leader who they always show in drive bys 

1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Looks like Ana will be on more often now that Meghan is on mat leave.

Probably up until when we need her most, Nov 3rd.  But she'll probably be on CNN

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

They should rename this show "How to Catch a Covid". Doesn't Greta have breast cancer? Is View your Deal worth risking her health? Oh, and the irony of the two of them in an enclosed space-social distancing sort of-pitching that face mask shirt thing-somewhere Black Jesus is shaking his damn head.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, rcc said:

Yes and Ana was so right in saying he acted like the Queen of England with his waving. I thought the same thing.

I don’t agree with the ladies. His secret service has been with him since he tested positive so they have already been exposed. Being in the vehicle was not the first exposure. They will all be quarantined from family, etc. I thought it was nice that he acknowledged the kind people supporting him outside the hospital.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Whoopi comes back from the break with breaking news, informing the viewers that now Kayleigh Whatshername has tested positive for Covid...and then uses that as an intro for her argument that everybody needs to go out and take their kids trick or treating. And with that, The Dumbest Person on TV crown was passed to Whoopi.   No MFers better show up at my house looking for candy in a pandemic. WTF? 

Whoopi doesn't want to see anyone passing up free candy. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Does Whoopi really want kids coming to HER house expecting candy?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Whoopi comes back from the break with breaking news, informing the viewers that now Kayleigh Whatshername has tested positive for Covid...and then uses that as an intro for her argument that everybody needs to go out and take their kids trick or treating. And with that, The Dumbest Person on TV crown was passed to Whoopi.   No MFers better show up at my house looking for candy in a pandemic. WTF? 

Joy and Sunny's face when whoopi was talking about taking the kids out to five families homes to trick or treat , priceless.  Whoopi was talking  crazy, especially if you are living in a hot spot.

I agreed with Anna said about just growing angrier  and angrier as, the weekend went  on. 

 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the whole show, even VYD. I liked that there was more than 2 hot topics segments and the 1 guest segment. I've never seen Veep and now I want to watch it. Like last week I felt Whoopi's anger about trumps taxes, today I felt Ana's anger in the first segment.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Joy obviously is aware that her insistence on chiming in after she has finished speaking is creating problems for guests and co-hosts alike, but she was at it again today! I actually like Joy but this makes me crazy!

GIF by Veep HBO

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen Veep, it is a brilliant and hilarious show. One of my faves.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, rcc said:

Whoopi doesn't want to see anyone passing up free candy. 

I wonder what her daughter is going to be dressed up as when she goes trick or treating.

 I live about 10 miles from Walter Reed.  I feel sorry for the other patients there that are fighting to get better with all the noise and chaos outside their hospital windows.

Edited by Axie
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm waiting for Lysol to do yet another press release saying they do not recommend parents spray Lysol on Halloween candy. Between "You Know Who" and Whoopi,  I guess this is going to be a semi-annual event for Lysol.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Repeated exposure increases their risk. It’s not like - welp, we been exposed now, might as well not protect ourselves. 
 

 

And you can catch the virus multiple times. They can get sick several different times and they'll need to pay for medical care just like everyone else.

The show was great today, even with Whoopi acting nuts about Halloween. Ana just elevates this show all-around. Btw, not that I care about how they look, but Sara looked great today. Maybe she had extra make-up done because she was in-studio anyway for View Your Deal.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

They should rename this show "How to Catch a Covid". Doesn't Greta have breast cancer? Is View your Deal worth risking her health?

Why on earth are they having two mask less people doing View Your Deal together?

I don't care if they've been tested. That could have been done remotely.

And yes, Greta does have breast cancer which was announced about a year ago. Sometimes, I really wonder about Sara's braincells. None of them should have  in that studio in a million years for View Your Deal.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why on earth are they having two mask less people doing View Your Deal together?

I don't care if they've been tested. That could have been done remotely.

And yes, Greta does have breast cancer which was announced about a year ago. Sometimes, I really wonder about Sara's braincells. None of them should have  in that studio in a million years for View Your Deal.

 

Do we know where Greta is in her treatment?  I know she had chemo, because she talked about the battle to save her hair. 

Share this post


Link to post

Was Whoopi in pajamas and robe today?  That's what it looked like to me, anyway.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Was Whoopi in pajamas and robe today?  That's what it looked like to me, anyway.


Sure seems possible:

121424D3-5AD5-4089-9677-7F9AF1731A96.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't see the show today but was very seriously going to ask @debbie311 --"how could you tell?" because, well ... Whoopi.  But yeah, that sure looks like pajamas and a robe to me.  Maybe her clothing line now offers sleepwear and she's giving us all a sneak peek before she starts peddling it. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mxmummy said:

I don’t agree with the ladies. His secret service has been with him since he tested positive so they have already been exposed. Being in the vehicle was not the first exposure. They will all be quarantined from family, etc. I thought it was nice that he acknowledged the kind people supporting him outside the hospital.

That had nothing to do with his supporters, that had everything to do with his own ego. The ladies were right to call that out.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, falltime said:

I watched the whole show, even VYD. I liked that there was more than 2 hot topics segments and the 1 guest segment. I've never seen Veep and now I want to watch it. Like last week I felt Whoopi's anger about trumps taxes, today I felt Ana's anger in the first segment.

 

3 hours ago, bannana said:

Joy obviously is aware that her insistence on chiming in after she has finished speaking is creating problems for guests and co-hosts alike, but she was at it again today! I actually like Joy but this makes me crazy!

GIF by Veep HBO

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen Veep, it is a brilliant and hilarious show. One of my faves.

It was a great show...but, as they pointed out, wouldn’t be seen as that satirical today.  The clip they used was pretty perfect.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I'm waiting for Lysol to do yet another press release saying they do not recommend parents spray Lysol on Halloween candy. Between Trump and Whoopi,  I guess this is going to be a semi-annual event for Lysol.

I was reminded of you know who too. Lol

I pray for the poor secret service. 😞

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Was Whoopi in pajamas and robe today?  That's what it looked like to me, anyway.

Hey, she's working from home!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Hey, she's working from home!

Working from home is one thing. Working while still in bed is something else. 😃

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I was reminded of you know who too. Lol

I pray for the poor secret service. 😞

 

I mean didn't Whoopi realize she sounded as crazy as Y-K-W with her recommendation ? They talk about it all the time, so she should be aware of how ridiculous she sounded today.

Glad they had a VYD today! I've had sleepless nights wondering where I can buy the perfect all-in-one frying pan that can do everything from frying an egg to baking a wedding cake. My 2020 just got better !

*For those keeping score, I still didn't get my Wolferman's from last week's VYD. It was supposed to be delivered this past Friday. I will continue to update...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

That clip they showed of Trump's cheerleading video was obviously filmed in front of a green screen.

So Whoopi has mispronounced Kamala’s name twice three times and Joy once. It’s not that hard!

Argh, the overtalk is so annoying!

Julia Louis?  Really, Whoopi?

120014497_10221176373731448_1868025849614640771_n.thumb.jpg.bc43d55e47c50ba2d213a770ae2199d2.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Even though I was reminded of you know who too, in Whoops' defense, she meant wiping down packaged candy, not the actual candy. I don't see her telling anyone to ingest Lysol. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I bought the , la T-shirt for my sister's birthday and thought she would love it since she's a HUGE Kamala fan and she just stared at it dumbfounded!  I got it right away but she looked at it and said "What the heck is this?"

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I bought the , la T-shirt for my sister's birthday and thought she would love it since she's a HUGE Kamala fan and she just stared at it dumbfounded!  I got it right away but she looked at it and said "What the heck is this?"

Mine just arrived. I live in the reddest district of my state, I am hoping those people do not understand.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

When I saw his “I feel better than I have in 20 years!” tweet, I instantly thought it’s the ‘roids talking. The comedown is brutal though...

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopie was on point when she said that the people who don't want to wear a mask that if you get the Coronavirus, you will not be treated like the President of the United States..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size