Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: French Ending

• Start Topic

I think this episode has a different title. Isn't this the episode with the American movie star? 

I find it hard to believe that the company that loaned the watch wouldn't make it totally clear to both Emily and the actress that it had to be returned by the end of the night. I also don't understand why they would let someone who didn't understand French sign a contract totally in French. A skillful lawyer could put it back on the company and make them take the blame. 

And Emily needs to understand that work and friendships don't always mix. You don't have to invite your boss out for a girls trip. Just be professional. 

• Love 1

And if the watch was really worth 2 million euros, there would be at least one security guard glued to the actor’s side at all times.

They really made her the worst kind of American stereotype, didn’t they? Was that to reinforce to us that Emily really isn’t so bad?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I think this episode has a different title. Isn't this the episode with the American movie star? 

The title is right but the description is not. I pulled the descriptions from IMDb and they used the same description twice.  I replaced it with Netflix's description.

Its like they wanted to make an insufferable American who was even more insufferable than Emily, hoping to make her look better by comparison. 

Its kind of weird that Gabriel doesn't want to take a loan from Camille's family because he doesn't want anyone to "own" him, but he apparently only went to culinary school because his home town raised money for him. I guess its because its Camille's family in particular, and he is clearly not that invested in her. Why he is looking at Emily when he is already with the vastly more interesting and likable Camille is a mystery, but there you go. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Why he is looking at Emily when he is already with the vastly more interesting and likable Camille is a mystery, but there you go. 

Because he is a French man, of course, and they all instantly find her alluring and attractive with her bulldozer American ways.

You'd think that after raising the money to send him to culinary school, his hometown might want Gabriel to return the favor and open the restaurant there, but maybe it's more prestigious to do it in Paris. I can see both sides of this. I hope Gabriel is paying it forward somehow. Or is that too American?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2