Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Gift of the Magi

• Start Topic

For a just turned 18 year old, Tariq is telling off Saxe, Jabari and suggesting to kill Tameka? Unreal how the show aged this kid. He actually turned 40 overnight.

Jabari is giving a speech about how black men are perceived on the campus yet he is banging women in his office.

When did Tariq have time to write the 25 pages?

Good grief! Now Jabari is using Tariq's magic words for his book and of course it will make him millions! Tariq will find out and sue him or point a gun to his head.

Davis! Tameika has a big house! You can do a better search other than yell "Saxe" and not easily claim "no one else is in the house"!

Tameika said it was a long train ride from Stanfield to her house but Tariq got back to the Frat house in minutes. LOL

What is Carrie's role on the show? Just here to have every guy jump on?!! 

Diana need some more lessons from Monet. She easily fought off Zeke's tramps for Tariq but had nothing for Lauren.

That's some drug Riley gave Tariq. It made him not fall down the flight of stairs, able to give him fashion advice to put on the black suit properly, find the right grave in the dark, and made sure the fool was loud enough to confess so Saxe can record him.

"In the interest of justice...Tariq is going to jail". Bull$hit! Not for this show. I am almost convinced now that Davis and Saxe will die by season's end.

For some reason, I was expecting something racist to come out of Saxe's mouth when he thought Riley was sleeping with Tariq.

Now Brayden is in. Probably will have to deal with his brother! Might have to kill him!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Good grief! Now Jabari is using Tariq's magic words for his book and of course it will make him millions!

Here the writers go again trying to convince us that Tariq is so damn brilliant that his professor has to plagiarize one of his papers.  Sigh. 

Could they not give Tariq acting lessons if they were so intent on his leading this show? That cemetery scene was so pitiful.

Oh Raina! If your ghost is gonna hang around, can you haunt the fuck out of your brother?

Diana clearly isn't learning a thing from Monet's daily lessons.

Can these professors get their shit together???? They are a mess.

It's so sad when I'm loving the white roommate more than the black main character. He's a good friend. All that means is that Tariq will screw him over soon.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

It's so sad when I'm loving the white roommate more than the black main character. He's a good friend. All that means is that Tariq will screw him over soon.

That guy is an idiot but I did always think he was Tariq’s friend. 

This episode did have me in my feelings. Raina and Greg were the two people on the original Power who's death’s really shook me. 

3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Diana clearly isn't learning a thing from Monet's daily lessons.

Diana wants to go to school! She’s not cut out for this. 

You all called it that Carrie would be hooking up with a student, it was just Zeke not Tariq. 

• Love 1

Nice of them to bring the actress who played Raina back even if it was just for a couple of lines.

Smirky little Tariq came just short of insinuating that Cane's mama is a heaux for that dirty cop. He better be careful with Cane because that guy is nuts.

"Hard dick and bubble gum." Sounds like a good title for a collabo between Mary J and Megan Thee. 🤗

Apparently Brayden didn't know he was sleeping with the DA's niece? I thought all those elite NYC families knew each other--or at least of each other.

Riley texted info to Saxe right in front of Tariq's friends. I see big problems for her if Tariq finds out who she is.

Why would Tameika let Tariq in her house if she had suspected he killed Ghost? And was that idiot actually going to shoot her if Davis hadn't shown up?

OMG, two of the worst actors in Hollywood trying to act drunk/drugged. That was painful to watch.

Sure hope Carrie is conscientious about her contraceptive use or I see a WTD situation in her future between Jabari and Zeke. Soap opera 101. 🙄

Brayden, I knew Tommy Egan. Tommy Egan was a favorite of mine. You, sir, cannot be Tariq's Tommy Egan. Exhibit A: Riley.

What is Carrie's role on the show? Just here to have every guy jump on?!! 

Yeah, it's kind of sad. Hope the actress is at least getting paid a respectable amount or being allowed to keep her show wardrobe.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sure hope Carrie is conscientious about her contraceptive use or I see a WTD situation in her future between Jabari and Zeke. Soap opera 101. 🙄

Well she’s a sex and love addict and doesn’t appear to have any kids- I’m more worried about an STI for her. 

My mom was upset that they have these educated attractive black women acting so damn stupid. 

• Love 1

I really don’t like that they got rid of Tommy and Ghost, and replaced them with Tariq. He’s so unlikeable I’m rooting for the sleazy DA.  And I miss fashionable Tasha. They took all the fun out of her with jailbird Tasha.

I guess the way they ended the last season of Power, there was nowhere to go but down.  Tasha kills her sister, Ghost is gone, with Angela gone, her sister is no fun anymore either.  Now they’re giving us college dorm parties and know-it-all teenagers.

Oh well, another show bites the dust.

2 hours ago, Tara said:

And I miss fashionable Tasha. They took all the fun out of her with jailbird Tasha.

Nautri is so pretty that even the jail bird costume can’t take away the way her skin is glowing. I told my mom “her skin care is on point in jail.”

Given that there’s a season two I’m sure Tasha gets out eventually- and Tariq isn’t going to prison. I’m kinda intrigued as to what the writers will do. 

For a just turned 18 year old, Tariq is telling off Saxe, Jabari and suggesting to kill Tameka? Unreal how the show aged this kid. He actually turned 40 overnight.

Well, once you have 2 kills under your belt, especially one the kills being your father, what's one more? Tariq's been on accelerating aging once he started fooling around with Kanan and killing Ray Ray. 

The level of ain't shitness from Carrie and Jabari was too much. Carrie needs to get herself some sex toys. It was nice to see Zeke being human and not the dumb jock stereotype, but then the show had to ruin it by having him hook up with Carrie. 

Really, Jabari? You have writer's block that bad that you plagiarize a student? I like how he didn't even bother to entertain going to a writer's workshop. 

• Love 2