Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: One Month Down and a Quarantine to Go

• Start Topic

I’m not sure Henry is “aggressive” enough for Karen though and there is hardly a flicker of recognition when she sees him so I doubt there’d be chemistry. I would love to hear more about their impressions of each other though I doubt they’d say too much given they have to work together but they’d have a better shot them he and Christina who thinks a guy not chomping at the bits to sleep with her must be a loser. Poor Christina, always the mistress, never the bride. 🙄
I got the impression that Nick didn’t want anyone to know he slept with Sonya because he thought she was beneath him. Same with Luke. 

• Love 8
On 10/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, Linarina said:

I'm betting there's an easy explanation for Bennett procuring the blender, but I wish we'd been told.  I'm guessing Amelia wanted one, Bennett learned that a neighbor or even castmate happened to have an extra, so he struck a deal and got her a thoughtful gift within his nonexistent budget.  At least I hope.  (I'm trying to romanticize a blender here, folks; work with me.)

Makes sense.  I believe both of them are the type of people that don't like waste and if something can be recycled they will love it even more.  I doubt that blenders are part of the apartment because blenders are not that popular. Also I believe it was a ninja which is an upgraded blender at corporate apartments wouldn't just come with.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, Retired at last said:

Even though we all saw the real weddings, it was interesting to me (again, since we suspect the production team hates ChristinA), that none of the pictures in her wedding album showed her smiling or even appearing the least bit happy. As I said before, Olivia was just beaming and so happy. That person is gone. So, here's another theory. Supposedly Brett is very different off camera and is nice and sweet. Maybe Olivia is also different and more like wedding Olivia?  I am trying to give her a break because if off-camera Olivia is just like on-camera Olivia, she would be too draining and exhausting to live with.

I'm the type of person that tries to make the best of the repetitions. I look to see if I feel the same way as when I saw it the first time or if I see it differently than on the first time I saw it. I think people who dismiss the repeats are just the type that think they know what they know and are not curious to see if they have the same feeling about the same thing they saw when they didn't know how things were going to turn out. Anyway even if it's not a "type of person", I think this attitude can make it a lot more enjoyable to just consume what production wants to present us and enjoy examining how they're always editing and curating what we see.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Makes sense.  I believe both of them are the type of people that don't like waste and if something can be recycled they will love it even more.  I doubt that blenders are part of the apartment because blenders are not that popular. Also I believe it was a ninja which is an upgraded blender at corporate apartments wouldn't just come with.

I'm the type of person that tries to make the best of the repetitions. I look to see if I feel the same way as when I saw it the first time or if I see it differently than on the first time I saw it. I think people who dismiss the repeats are just the type that think they know what they know and are not curious to see if they have the same feeling about the same thing they saw when they didn't know how things were going to turn out. Anyway even if it's not a "type of person", I think this attitude can make it a lot more enjoyable to just consume what production wants to present us and enjoy examining how they're always editing and curating what we see.

Well, la-di-da!

• LOL 2
On 10/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, humbleopinion said:

That's Bennett's sister Molly. Yes, she wanted her time in the spot light.

Hate to say it but she looks like their Dad/Mom and not in good way.

Bennett got ALL the good looks from that gene pool.

Excellent facial bone structure.

Luxurious hair compared to his sister's frizzed fluff.

True, but I also think the humid climate creates the worst frizzies ever (I know the name of that tune).  Fortunately I don't live in such a climate or I'd be miserable (or go for Brazilian straightening).

I was rolling my eyes during the segment with the stuffed duck.  Give me a break, are these people like 15 years old?  I can go there with some of it but it's getting more juvenile now.

On 10/1/2020 at 5:02 PM, humbleopinion said:

The spy cam caught them while watching an episode at MAFS doing some middle school hanky panky on the couch.

I'm inclined to think they may have had sex and that is why Olivia is so angry she can barely articulate what bothers her about Brett's sarcasm, his off/on camera persona to Cal.

Her sternness is anger at herself for succumbing to his charms......

I can only speculate as to why Brett would be more of an asshole ON camera than OFF because usually it's the other way around.  Perhaps production has been annoying him like it did AJ a few seasons back?  His snark could be partly due to being annoyed with them, but Olivia is taking it personally or wondering if she can trust a guy that presents so differently on and off camera.  Pastor Cal's reaction to this in their video chat with him was worthless.  He acknowledged that its not an uncommon thing but as far as we saw, he didn't address the real reasons why it bothers Olivia nor did he get a decent answer out of Brett as to why it's the case.

On 10/1/2020 at 5:30 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

He made a broad statement, "All women love diamonds," and as has been demonstrated here, that's just not true.  And to call the ones who say they don't love them liars?  Well.  Doesn't he know everything!

On 10/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, Madding crowd said:

Didn’t mean to quote you CardiGirl but I didn’t see Woody doing anything offensive. If you don’t like diamonds that’s fine but some people do. There is probably nothing anyone can do that someone won’t be offended by, but Amani seems happy with her gift . I’m also happy with the diamonds my husband bought me. If someone would be offended by gifts they could just let their partner know. I’d rather have earrings that a used blender lol

I think it is a fairly traditional thing for women in general to like diamonds.  Perhaps it's not as much the norm as it was a few decades back, but it definitely is a thing or there wouldn't be so many jewelry stores selling them.  Amani actually strikes me as being fairly traditional in some ways, something about her I like.  The way she is reacting on this show reminds me more of women from my generation (which would be her parents' generation). 

On 10/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, Kira53 said:

I feel so badly for people who are bored and not enjoying this season. I'm finding it quite delightful and enjoying each couple. I know that there's editing involved and I give Karen a lot of understanding that she's being edited for more controversy.  

Come on, it's Woody, not a professor of the history of the diamond trade at an Ivy League school. It's not PBS and it's not a documentary. I enjoy what he has been highly entertaining and he's only speaking about his life experience.  It was not a speech with annotations.  I think Woody is highly intelligent but he's not speaking as an expert fact witness in a court of law.  Woody is talking about for his own life experience and perceptions.  He wasn't serious about accusing anyone of lying.  What would we do without Woody?  I find him highly entertaining and really quite lovable.

I completely agree about this season.  I am loving the participants in general.  I have always heard that people from New Orleans are the nicest people in the world and now I am seeing why.  It's even hard for production to manufacture any villains among them.  Their weak effort with Brett is not working.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:34 AM, Linarina said:

Me too!  This is my favorite season ever.  At the end of each episode, I can't believe I have to wait an ENTIRE week for the next. 😭

I'm finding the city itself to be an intriguing backdrop, and I've never seen so many emotionally intelligent, creative, successful people on one show before (Miles, Woody, Amani, Bennett, Amelia, and imo even Brett).  Karen is boring and uptight, but still chic and eloquent, so I don't mind watching her.  Olivia, Henry, and Christina can get lost, but that's still batting way above average for a reality show.  Like, how beautiful was Amelia's song?! and we haven't even talked about it on here because we already take their talents for granted!  I am completely smitten with this entire season and truly wish I could be friends with some of them. 

I feel exactly the same way.  These people aren't perfect but they all have some depth and interesting qualities, unlike some seasons.  All of them also seem pretty moral and responsible too (despite Woody's spending, which I think is being exaggerated anyway).  I would love to be friends with Bemelia or Wamani, LOL.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:33 AM, spunky said:

This was his grandfather according to someone on Reddit.  Either way I understand why Henry is the way that he is now. Imagine being around two people with this type of personality and having Henry's more reserved personality.  He probably feels like he's married to the female version of them.

I agree to some degree but I do think Henry is attracted to strong women, someone that is quietly and not what he would feel is offensively strong  - in other words someone that wouldn't mortify his "delicate" sensibilities like ChristinA does, LOL.  But seriously, I think he would be better matched with someone like Bobby's Danielle from the Texas season.

11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure Henry is “aggressive” enough for Karen though and there is hardly a flicker of recognition when she sees him so I doubt there’d be chemistry.

It looks like Henry isn't "aggressive" enough for a lot of women, including ChristinA and probably those friends of his that think he's great but just "not for them".  I just can't get over Christina's insistence that he be the one to make all the moves like all she has to do is lie back and "think of England".  Really?  She said it was a non-negotiable thing, like she just won't ever make the first move in a sexual interaction with a guy.  WTF?  I thought modern women were all about give and take and sometimes you are the aggressor, sometimes me.  I really thought the younger generation would have embraced that since I feel like mine did to some degree, but it seems like some things don't register with some people.  I am actually finding some of the participants this season to be more traditional about certain things.  Maybe it's a Southern thing - I'm a Northeasterner and know that the South is generally more traditional in some ways, but then again I know many examples that go against that trend, so I am still somewhat mystified about women like ChristinA and Karen who want these "aggressive" men.  Maybe it's just that the younger men today tend to be less aggressive and more ingrained with worrying about offending a woman, and what they are really looking for is a more traditional man.  I'm still trying to figure this out, probably won't, but it's something I speculate about anyway.

• Love 4

Is "aggressive" the best term here, though? I'm thinking maybe "assertive." 

To my old eyes, Henry seems more boy than man. Why should ChristinA risk humiliation and rejection by "making a move" on such a diffident person? Henry has no spark, no verve, no---wait for it---confidence. No gumption. Not sexy. To ChristinA.

Karen can't get beyond her first impression, which was not at the altar but was what she read. Miles for her is too young, too emotionally forthcoming, too helpful. He lacks swagger and game. Not sexy. To Karen.

Olivia finds Brett's inconsistent behaviors off-putting and frustrating. He chastises her for being "insecure," but doesn't try to lessen her uncertainties by behaving consistently on- and off-camera. Brett is too sarcastic. Not sexy. To Olivia.

Bennett and Amelia seem to have found their kindred free spirit, their yin to yang with the white-and-black pendants to match, quirk to quirk. But does the preview of Amelia's shorter and more stylish hair presage a change in her relationship with Bennett? 

Then there are Woody and Amani. Outward Cool has met Inner Cool, and the former seems to have fallen as hard as diamonds for the latter. But Amani is not 100% sure yet that Woody is more substance than flash. He excitedly bought her an extravagant gift for a one-month anniversary (menseversary?), but she didn't gush or squeal over those earrings. They won't get an "I love you" out of her. Amani is waiting to see if Woody is her Lion King, or a leopard that can't change his spots.

Is it Wednesday yet?! 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I was taking "aggressive" in this context to mean being the one to make the first move to initiate sex, at least that's the way it has been framed by ChristinA.  I think Karen is similar, although with her MIles is in a Catch 22 situation because she wants him to initiate, but she's not ready for him to initiate, so he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

To my old eyes, Henry seems more boy than man. Why should ChristinA risk humiliation and rejection by "making a move" on such a diffident person? Henry has no spark, no verve, no---wait for it---confidence. No gumption. Not sexy. To ChristinA.

I think it may be that she senses he's not into her so why initiate sex if she's going to feel rejected anyway?  He may go through with it just to say he did it, but she knows she'll risk feeling like he was "just going through the motions" even if he did.  Or he may push her away if she made a move.  That's not something most women I know would want to risk happening.

• Love 2

Miles tries so hard.  Karen is a real cold fish!

Did Armani already have diamond earrings?  She was wearing several bling before he gave her the gift!

Will Bennet leave life as he knows it to follow his doctor wife?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Karen can't get beyond her first impression, which was not at the altar but was what she read. Miles for her is too young, too emotionally forthcoming, too helpful. He lacks swagger and game. Not sexy. To Karen.

Olivia finds Brett's inconsistent behaviors off-putting and frustrating. He chastises her for being "insecure," but doesn't try to lessen her uncertainties by behaving consistently on- and off-camera. Brett is too sarcastic. Not sexy. To Olivia.

Bennett and Amelia seem to have found their kindred free spirit, their yin to yang with the white-and-black pendants to match, quirk to quirk. But does the preview of Amelia's shorter and more stylish hair presage a change in her relationship with Bennett? 

Then there are Woody and Amani. Outward Cool has met Inner Cool, and the former seems to have fallen as hard as diamonds for the latter. But Amani is not 100% sure yet that Woody is more substance than flash. He excitedly bought her an extravagant gift for a one-month anniversary (menseversary?), but she didn't gush or squeal over those earrings. They won't get an "I love you" out of her. Amani is waiting to see if Woody is her Lion King, or a leopard that can't change his spots.

Is it Wednesday yet?! 😁

Very nice, LENNIEBRISCOE!!!!  

• Love 2

I am pretty sure that ChristinA's insistence that the man make the first move to initiate sex is just for the first time. Once he has indicated that he wants her, then she said she would be fine after that, but not for the first time. She clearly has her answer.

I am looking forward (I actually said that???) to the next show. At least there will be some movement. Does anyone know when the final Decision Day will be shown? I know the Reunion has been filmed, so I can't wait to see that one.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kira53 said:

That's an interesting way to approach it.  Not one I'll adopt because I already waste too much time watching these damn shows and I get a feeling of power when I can FF past something, but it probably would be illuminating.

9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think it is a fairly traditional thing for women in general to like diamonds.  Perhaps it's not as much the norm as it was a few decades back, but it definitely is a thing or there wouldn't be so many jewelry stores selling them. 

No doubt.  A thing, that is generally adopted.  But not by everyone. 

Anybody who is close enough to me to give me diamonds would also know me well enough not to do it.  Of course, that's not the case with MAFS because these people don't know each other at all, even after answering stupid insightful questions promulgated by the producers.

Which reminds me--I was interested in the footage of the producer's interference in the housewarming party that Henry and Christina (I think it was) had.  I had come to terms with them guiding the one-on-one conversations the couples have, but didn't realize they were directing the parties, too. 

6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Karen can't get beyond her first impression, which was not at the altar but was what she read.

Actually, it's what she saw--videos on social media.  I think that would be even more powerful as a first impression than, reading, for example, someone's blog posts. 

Before the wedding, Karen said he didn't seem like her type, which I took at first to mean physically.  But I think it's more how he manifests his emotions, which could be very apparent in a video, and make a reserved person like her feel uncomfortable, thinking, "If that's how he presents himself to strangers..."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

On the question of Brett being nicer off camera than on, I wonder if the same couldn't be true of Olivia?  I had a hard time reconciling the affectionate relaxed happy woman letting herself be pulled onto her husband's lap with the person who barely can crack a smile on camera even when having "fun" at the swamp or mixing a drink.  So maybe it's a little "pot meet kettle"?

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited for spelling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I'd like to see what Miles wrote that got Karen all messed up.  I think that would tell the tale.  He seems like a well mannered, educated,  well spoken young man.  She seems a little high strung when it comes to sex.

Seeing is believing and right now I'm thinking she's using that as her reason for being Karen!

Don't be a Karen...Karen!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am wondering about the "hidden" camera that is what showed us Brett and Olivia lying together on the couch, and is what last season showed up Brandon and his wife (blanking out on her name) being physically affectionate on the couch after we'd been seeing terrible fights and thought they were estranged, and in a previous season showed us Amber getting upset when Matt didn't come home.  It is black and white, apparently placed high up, and there's no way it could literally be hidden because that would be an invasion of privacy...yet apparently the couples are way more relaxed even while they must know that they are still on camera.  I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

On the question of Brett being nicer off camera than on, I wonder if the same couldn't be true of Olivia?  I had a hard time reconciling the affectionate relaxed happy woman letting herself be pulled onto her husband's lap with the person who barely can crack a smile on camera even when having "fun" at the swamp or mixing a drink.  

I can only recall two times when Olivia was pulled towards Brett...one was on the regular camera after their conversation on the couch when he pulled her toward him, and she was sort of curled up like a cat right beside him, but still not on his lap...and the other was on the camera that I mentioned above and Brett was lying on the couch with his head on Olivia's lap and he pulled her head down to kiss him.  In neither of those did she look affectionate, relaxed, or happy...to me, they looked forced. 

3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Which reminds me--I was interested in the footage of the producer's interference in the housewarming party that Henry and Christina (I think it was) had.  I had come to terms with them guiding the one-on-one conversations the couples have, but didn't realize they were directing the parties, too. 

I was surprised by that too.

17 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am wondering about the "hidden" camera that is what showed us Brett and Olivia lying together on the couch, and is what last season showed up Brandon and his wife (blanking out on her name) being physically affectionate on the couch after we'd been seeing terrible fights and thought they were estranged, and in a previous season showed us Amber getting upset when Matt didn't come home. 

Tay-Tay or Taylor is Brandon's ex.

The corner cam also showed Jamie and Big Red's screaming fights with him walking out one night.

Will see it used in Hen's and Chins' place.

Footage usage depends if the editors need it to stitch a couples' story line....

It is not clear why Karen signed up for this show if she finds it painfully difficult to be married to a stranger.  This is supposed to be an adventure.  She acts as if she doing this beyond her free will.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am wondering about the "hidden" camera that is what showed us Brett and Olivia lying together on the couch, and is what last season showed up Brandon and his wife (blanking out on her name) being physically affectionate on the couch after we'd been seeing terrible fights and thought they were estranged, and in a previous season showed us Amber getting upset when Matt didn't come home.  It is black and white, apparently placed high up, and there's no way it could literally be hidden because that would be an invasion of privacy...yet apparently the couples are way more relaxed even while they must know that they are still on camera.  I don't get it.

I remember back with the first season of The Real World, the participants said they somehow quickly got used to the cameras and began not to even notice them.  And these were people standing there holding cameras, which would seem hard to ignore.  But somehow it happens. 

And now with this show, you have producers standing there guiding conversations among the people, so the cameras with people holding them are extra intrusive, and yet they still become comfortable with them.  So I can see them knowing there's a Nest camera up in the corner of the room, but not actually thinking about it.

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'd like to see what Miles wrote that got Karen all messed up.  I think that would tell the tale. 

What he wrote that got her all messed up was "sex with my wife" on the calendar.  What she found before the wedding that got her all messed up was videos he posted on the internet.  And I agree--I'd really like to know what was in those videos.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, cinsays said:

Yeah, who needs to see the playbacks of the wedding? Waste of time. 

So, after Amani indicates her fear when Woody was telling her his spending habits, his decision to buy her some expensive jewelry was a good idea?  Seems like kind of a show of power to me. What does he do that he has so much money to spend on monthly clothes and activities?  Olivia would sure appreciate his stance on spending.

And I am happy that Bennett and Amelia are really into each other, but way too much "see how quirky i am" stuff.  Yoopy?  Ridiculous.  Amelia's orange childish animal-headed pajamas? Really? 

Lol!!! And don't forget Bennett's mustard yellow dirty nightgown that he tucked into the front of his pants thinking it looks like a new shirt he got.  In the back it was hanging out past  his butt. I couldn't believe he was trying to wear that as a shirt lol. They both looked weird in that scene.

• LOL 1
On 10/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, cardigirl said:

Kudos to all the women saying that jewelry isn't that important to them. I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it because Woody was saying all women love diamonds and even if they say they don't, they're lying?  Ha ha, that just may be his experience with women talking. 

If a man wants to buy me jewelry, I'm not going to tell him he's an idiot for it.  Goodness, I thought it was a sweet thing to see a man wanting to do it. There are conflict-free diamonds as well. And also all kinds of beautiful colored gemstones. (I love sapphires! With diamonds! 😉 ) It's been my experience that it's difficult to get a man to WANT to buy jewelry so I'm all for someone who willingly shops for it.  You go Woody. 

But I do agree, Amani will have to rein in his spending habits if they stick together or they'll end up broke.  Bless him.

I agree 100%!! I don't think what Woody said was offensive in any way. It sounded like he was just being funny. I love jewelery,  gemstones and diamonds and that is my favorite thing to get and to buy.  I thought he gave the best gift out of all the husbands on the show.  He is so sweet to her. They are cute together and have a lot of fun with each other. He likes to buy clothes an hats and wants to look his best all the time and he wants his wife too also. Nothing wrong with that . 

• Love 8
On 10/1/2020 at 1:22 AM, For Cereals said:

I really don’t care for Bennett’s sister.  I thought she and mom were strange in the brunch episode and that hasn’t changed.  I may have reached quirky overload...

On 10/1/2020 at 1:39 AM, Adeejay said:

Olivia saying that Brett is nicer when it’s just the two of them is an interesting twist. It’s usually the other way around. Tonight was the first time that I sensed chemistry between them. If only....

I don’t think Christina realizes how she comes across sometimes. After hearing her say that she has slept with guys on the first date, it explains why she is so frustrated with Henry. She probably thinks he doesn’t find her desirable. 

Still liking Woody/Amani and Bennett/Olivia. The fact that they didn’t match Henry with “petite” Olivia (as he specifically requested) led me to believe that the other couples were paired for their potential to create drama. The trademark of every reality show.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, psychoticstate said:

Honestly, I can't believe Brett hasn't packed up and  moved back to his house in the wrong neighborhood.  Olivia is just exhausting.  What exactly does she want?  Brett says he's being sincere.  If she chooses not to believe that, with no evidence telling her otherwise, that's on her.  If Brett is kind, considerate, affectionate off-camera, exactly what is she complaining about?   I'm not a Brett fan necessarily but I did notice that while watching the wedding video, he had his arm around her and she kept her hands firmly in her own lap.  I liked Olivia at first but as the weeks go by, I like her less and less.

I feel the exact opposite about Woody and Henry.  I figured Woody was going to be an absolute disaster and he really seems in it to win it.  Loved how Amani said he was extra.  Ha ha.  They both really seem to be enjoying their time together, while learning about each other, compromising, communicating and not freaking out over every damn thing.

I like Henry more and more each episode.  He does seem to be coming out of his shell.  The problem is that Christina doesn't listen, at least not to him.  She can't read a room.  She also flip flops -- she tells her friend that she's basically going to peace out then tells us that she is starting to really appreciate Henry.  Which is it?  Seems to me that Christina may like the bad boys.  Regardless, what she's chosen for herself thus far has not worked out.  Maybe give Henry a chance and appreciate him for his differences instead of seeing that as a flaw.  I wouldn't hesitate to date Henry.  He seems kind and loyal.  And he really hasn't said anything negative about Christina per se, just more his concern with her attitude and impatience.  Christina may be sarcastic (i.e., her comment about the good old days before they met while looking at wedding photos) but again, read a room.  It may not be the right time to make such comments.

I agree with a poster upthread who said that Henry needs to step away from his female friends.  They will do their best to make sure any relationship he's in won't last if they get the chance.  

Bennett's tarot card reading friend is a loon.  The "drama" with him and Amelia and her residency continues to be fake news as far as I'm concerned.  

Karen and Miles are boring because it's the same wash, rinse, repeat when it comes to Karen.  One week it's one step forward, the next it's two steps back.  It must be agony for Miles to see how happy Woody and Amani are. 

Looks like next week we may have some legit drama, which is good because this episode was fairly snooze worthy.   

On 10/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, humbleopinion said:

That's Bennett's sister Molly. Yes, she wanted her time in the spot light.

Hate to say it but she looks like their Dad/Mom and not in good way.

Bennett got ALL the good looks from that gene pool.

Excellent facial bone structure.

Luxurious hair compared to his sister's frizzed fluff.

Enjoyed Yoop's chyron: Pissed Off Stuffed Duck....funny subtle humor from the editors....

Bennett and Amelia are an adorable nice kind of quirky (at least on tv). Molly is the annoying look at me, insecure quirky. She interrupted Bennett to ask for birdseed for a stuffed duck and purposely bought naked people tarot cards, so the scene will be more about her than Bennett.  I hope she will not be intimidated by her highly accomplished sister in law.

On 10/1/2020 at 5:31 PM, Cancun said:

I could not believe my ears when she said that! WTH, does she realize what show she signed up for?? 🙄 “Gosh, there are so many men in line wanting to marry me, I couldn’t possibly decide. So I will let some faux experts pick a stranger for me instead.”

I feel like Christina is one of those people who take the bullshit some guys feed women for a quick lay, seriously. I imagine this happens a lot in New Orleans, where people go to get crazy and have some fun.

She has had all these guys who want to marry her, yet she has never received flowers (not a big deal but she was crying about it) and felt the need to come on this show? She is practically begging Henry to make a move when it is obvious he is not attracted to her at all.

All of you are right about all of Henry's "female friends" blocking him from having relationships. They want to keep him around as a lap dog.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

All of you are right about all of Henry's "female friends" blocking him from having relationships. They want to keep him around as a lap dog.

Poor Henry...he's their 1am booty call......to come over late and scratch their itch and makes pancakes in the morning.....

He should be so lucky to be their Netflix and chill....

On 10/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, Booger666 said:

I adore diamonds and will happily provide a good home to any cast off diamonds you don’t want anymore 🙂

Same, @Booger666, same! My goodness, I never realized there were so many people that were anti-diamonds! And before anyone starts on me, I do not need a lecture about how bad they are. But I do love them so much! I go the the Tiffany's website regularly and ogle stuff I cannot and never will afford just for kicks and giggles.  I look at the diamonds I have gotten as tokens to commemorate important moments in my life. I wear the diamond studs my parents gave me for high school graduation almost every day, as well as my wedding ring and a diamond tennis bracelet my husband gave me for my 30th birthday. In fact, I am wearing all of them right now.

That being said, I am not opposed to any other jewels or gems either; I just like jewelry! 😜

• Love 11
On 10/1/2020 at 2:02 PM, humbleopinion said:

The spy cam caught them while watching an episode at MAFS doing some middle school hanky panky on the couch.

I'm inclined to think they may have had sex and that is why Olivia is so angry she can barely articulate what bothers her about Brett's sarcasm, his off/on camera persona to Cal.

Her sternness is anger at herself for succumbing to his charms......

YESSSSSSSS!!! They were watching MAFS!! SOO META!! 😂😂 She's trying to say she hates his sarcasm during serious conversations & wants him to stop, in the most INDIRECT way possible. 😂 I guess he only does it around others.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2020 at 4:35 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Henry doesn't really like anything about ChristinA - for good reason. He was clearly less than impressed by the self-centeredness she showed during the wedding reception, and his first impression of her has been cemented by her subsequent treatment of the camera crew and of Henry, himself. All of which Henry might've been willing to try and work past if he found ChristinA the least bit physically appealing.  When ChristinA demands to know if he's attracted to her, Henry doesn't have it in him to tell her the truth, so offers up a weak but affirmative response. In reality, ChristinA just isn't much to look at, and regardless of the words he forces out of his mouth, his actions say he hasn't been into her from the moment he laid eyes on her.

After watching the flashback to the wedding I got the impression that Christina has never liked Henry.  Throughout the wedding and reception she looked like either something smelled bad or she'd tasted something really bitter.  The only real emotion was when Henry's female friends wanted to talk to her and she didn't seem to like that at all.  I can't decide if she's really insecure and is so opinionated and rude as a defense or if she really just thinks that highly of herself.  I get the impression that in the right crowd Henry is probably a lot of fun.  Some sweet, nerdy girl who thinks the world of him might be what he needs.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoltana said:

Some sweet, nerdy girl who thinks the world of him might be what he needs.

Like a sweet girl with sausage roll bangs, dark framed glasses, peter pan collar blouse and dark bowtie under a jumper?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Like a sweet girl with sausage roll bangs, dark glasses, peter pan collar blouse and dark bowtie under a jumper?

Hahaha!  I thought of that when I posted.  That's my mom in the 50's.  I don't think Henry was her type, lol.  I was thinking of how quiet he is.  Maybe a librarian?

12 minutes ago, zoltana said:

After watching the flashback to the wedding I got the impression that Christina has never liked Henry.  Throughout the wedding and reception she looked like either something smelled bad or she'd tasted something really bitter.  The only real emotion was when Henry's female friends wanted to talk to her and she didn't seem to like that at all.  I can't decide if she's really insecure and is so opinionated and rude as a defense or if she really just thinks that highly of herself.  I get the impression that in the right crowd Henry is probably a lot of fun.  Some sweet, nerdy girl who thinks the world of him might be what he needs.

Problem is that Henry really does not seem to go for the shy nerdy girl types. A lot of his female friends are women he asked out at some point and then friend zoned him.

I think he goes for the conventionally attractive (petite) party girl types and that is probably why he has not had a lot of success.

• Love 4
On 10/5/2020 at 7:04 AM, qtpye said:

She interrupted Bennett to ask for birdseed for a stuffed duck and purposely bought naked people tarot cards, so the scene will be more about her than Bennett. 

I used to read tarot in college 40 years ago.  That deck is the regular deck and the Lovers card is just about the only nakedness in the deck.  I was shocked when MAFS decided to block it out, given most of the stuff they show without blocking.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Like a sweet girl with sausage roll bangs, dark framed glasses, peter pan collar blouse and dark bowtie under a jumper?

No way in hell.   She would be just as mealy mousy as him.  He needs a WOMAN.  An actual  adult woman with a  job/career, her own abode, and who is self confident enough to be kind and bring out the best in him.  She needs to be strong and whole enough to not NEED him to carr her, but to WANT him to.  (read:   the precise opposite of the "Oh-so-worldly ChristinA who is more insecure than my 5 year old  - don't call me princess,  I'm a Queen.).  All he needs is someone who is kind, decent, and who does not purposely make him feel like SHIT.  (see:  ChristinA).

• Love 8

Henry should've had Jess from 90 Day Fiance - she's petite, assertive, wants a nice guy after douchey Colt, & desperately seeking a Green card - would've been a match made in reality tv heaven.  Alas, Henry, too late; Jess has already found her Green card ticket true love...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Henry has stated more than once that he likes aggressive women.

Well, he got someone who talks like an aggressive person but then expects him to make a move? I think he's like Karen - says he wants something but hasn't realized that what he thinks he wants is not what's best for him. Karen just got lucky in that the experts gave her someone that was actually better than what she has been choosing for herself. Henry unfortunately got a tv match - someone for tv drama purposes only, not real life.........

• Love 2

When guys say they like 'aggressive' women, oftentimes it just means "A really attractive woman who'll say Hi to me first at a bar." This is a desirable trait for shy guys with high aesthetic standards. It also is something that doesn't happen all that often in real life. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TheMediumBopper said:

When guys say they like 'aggressive' women, oftentimes it just means "A really attractive woman who'll say Hi to me first at a bar." This is a desirable trait for shy guys with high aesthetic standards. It also is something that doesn't happen all that often in real life. 

Yes, code for "A woman I find amazingly attractive who is dying to have sex with me and makes the first move...so I do not have to risk embarrassment".

Christina just does not do it for Henry physically or emotionally.

Henry probably does not do it for Christina either but she just wants him to want her. You really can not command something like that.

• Love 7

Olivia got married because she wanted the idea of  marriage, but wanted to keep her life and just shove somebody else into it.  She's self centered and does not compromise. And she's cold, and I didn't like him!

• Love 2

I was rooting for these couples because I'd love to see ONE show where the majority of couples truly want to be together. I felt bad for Olivia when she had to ask, several times, "Do you want to be with me?" and instead of saying yes for the cameras (helping validate her mutual feelings), he barks back, "Boy, are you ever insecure". What an ass. Clearly he's  been in hurt in the past, but until that nasty side of him is kiboshed, I'd move on asap. That's

On 9/30/2020 at 4:53 PM, Koalagirl said:

On Unfiltered - Woody, Karen and Henry. Karen just said that she knew Henry before the show. They used to work together in the same department and that even though he’s quiet, once you get to know him he opens up.

I would love someone like Henry. Yes, it will take some time to model how you want the communication to flow, but a man of his quality is well worth the time and effort. Henry listens, contemplates, and then makes an effort. I know Christina expects an alpha male who'll go on about how great she looks. But if he's not thinking that, why would he say it? My compliments are always honest and in the moment.

• Love 4
On 10/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, gonecrackers said:

Well someone did given she's married. 🤷‍♀️

Jess would probably be a bit too much for Henry anyway. 😬

Even though I don't know either of them, I am feeling very protective of Henry. Both he and Christina are not very good at expressing the little qualities they like about each other. Jess is gross, she was 100% focused on using sex to get herself an American. Are people really that gullible, or do they know it's for citizenship?

• Love 1
On 10/3/2020 at 1:33 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure Henry is “aggressive” enough for Karen though and there is hardly a flicker of recognition when she sees him so I doubt there’d be chemistry. I would love to hear more about their impressions of each other though I doubt they’d say too much given they have to work together but they’d have a better shot them he and Christina who thinks a guy not chomping at the bits to sleep with her must be a loser. Poor Christina, always the mistress, never the bride. 🙄
I got the impression that Nick didn’t want anyone to know he slept with Sonya because he thought she was beneath him. Same with Luke. 

I don't think "aggressive" is the word Henry truly wants. He strikes me as someone who doesn't want to decipher head games, while also wondering what behaviour he shouldn't have done. He needs a confident and straightforward gal who will also be mindful of how she comes across. Henry's not a doormat and I believe once he knows what'll work for him, he'll have no problem communicating.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, b2H said:

I used to read tarot in college 40 years ago.  That deck is the regular deck and the Lovers card is just about the only nakedness in the deck.  I was shocked when MAFS decided to block it out, given...

I had to laugh at the tarot card reading because the editing was haphazard at best. She shows the 7 of clubs and refers to it as "the lovers', and a couple of other interpretations didn't go with the card she was pointing to. That's just sloppy editing, and I am sure she was mortified when it aired because it didn't look like she knew what the cards meant. I also don't see the need to push the quirky/esoteric storyline for these two. They're nice as is, they don't need props. BTW - tarot cards illustrate the card's basic meaning. They are not purposely naked and titillating to the viewers. They are just cards.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2020 at 5:50 AM, Neurochick said:

The way Christina treated production told me everything I needed to know about her.   

I feel really snarky saying this, but I find it hard to believe that Christina has men chasing her down, spending cash on her and always raving about Her beauty...? Yep, not buying it.

• Love 3
On 9/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, Kira53 said:

Oh Olivia what is wrong? The Brett off-camera you like and he's genuine. why are you caring so much about the TV Brett It's more sarcastic and playing some thing up for the camera. Usually it's the opposite, that the off camera  spouse isn't nice.  I think she's in real denial about why she didn't date for 2 1/2 years.  And she says she likes the private Brett - 

I get where she's coming from. She really cares for the Brett who's not playing up for the cameras. I'd want my friends and family to see how wonderful he truly is, off camera. But when she wants him to say he wants to be in this relationship with her, (publicly), yet all he can do is shame her and say she's insecure. Hmm, well who is the real  brett?

• Love 1
On 10/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, seacliffsal said:

Olivia can dish it out to Brett but sure can't take the slightest hint of criticism.  She really revealed herself when she told Pastor Cal that she easily trusts people and when he questioned her about what Brett had done to cause her to not trust him, she had nothing.  I think her image of herself skews her perspective of what she is experiencing.  Brett was absolutely correct when he stated that her calling him disingenuous puts him in a position of not being able to defend himself because she will call that "disingenuous."  And, her telling Pastor Cal that when he said she was insecure is something she can't get over.  But, Brett has to just accept disingenuous and live with it.  I believe that she totally wants to control whatever relationship she is in and the fact that Brett is his own person really bothers her.  I also think she may be someone who will always find fault with others.  I have no idea why the show is trying to make Brett the villain in this relationship ( on earlier episodes and Unfiltered).  

I think Olivia could have come up with some examples but she didn't want to throw him under the bus on tv. Look how he reacted when she rated the marriage 7.5/ 8.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

I just feel like she was trying to out-quirk Bennett. 

Great post! Sometimes these characters are simply praying that their quirky eccentricities will just be seen as artistic creativity. But in my heart of hearts, it just looks like nonsensical  immaturity.

• Love 4