Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Recommended Posts


Just because she works for her dad doesn't mean it's not a real job.  I have a cousin making 5 figures working for her father's company, and doing real work.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Just because she works for her dad doesn't mean it's not a real job.  I have a cousin making 5 figures working for her father's company, and doing real work.

I'm sure Claire takes notes for Dad and answers phone or something. My point is that no one in these families ever branches out and gets a job outside the family compound. None of them wander off to see the world. Except Jinger, sort of. And Josh, before he ended up in Jesus Jail. If they got jobs with people they're not related to, they would be exposed to different backgrounds and perspectives, and grow as people and have different views of life. But I guess that might make them less likely to marry and breed before they turn 21. 

At least Jana is now willing to marry someone who has left Arkansas once or twice.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

It's almost like she's trying to give a ....gasp.... sermon!. Jeremy would be most displeased. Who does she think she is?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

It's almost like she's trying to give a ....gasp.... sermon!. Jeremy would be most displeased. Who does she think she is?

It's okay. Her followers are all teenage Duggar leghumpers. No worries about her preaching to men. 🙄

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

It's almost like she's trying to give a ....gasp.... sermon!. Jeremy would be most displeased. Who does she think she is?

Well if she was a he named Clarence Jeremy would be scared lol. But she is a girl so she isn’t a threat.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, awaken said:

Thanks, Claire. I love being preached at by a teenager.

my guess is that’s a thinly veiled dig at wearing masks, equating them with being fearful. 

Actually, I zeroed in on "Love always wins" and I think this is a dig at the LGBT community. "Love wins" has been a rallying cry ever since the gay marriage decision from the Supreme Court-in fact, I'm currently wearing a rainbow bracelet that says "Love Wins" on the inside. So I wonder if it's a response to people being legitimately worried about the future of gay marriage with Amy Coney Barrett on the court. 

Kind of reads like she's trying to reclaim "Love wins", like the religious right has tried to "reclaim" rainbows. 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

That's a lot of deep meanings and sly insinuation for a teenager who's probably quoting a sermon she heard that she thought was a neat idea.

Like, I doubt she knows about supreme court appointments and all the nuances of the politics of the judges or thinks that deeply about why masks should be worn or not.

Is it possible, sure, but not very likely and I think you guys are giving the girl credit for more depth than we generally think any of these people are capable of.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

That's a lot of deep meanings and sly insinuation for a teenager who's probably quoting a sermon she heard that she thought was a neat idea.

Like, I doubt she knows about supreme court appointments and all the nuances of the politics of the judges or thinks that deeply about why masks should be worn or not.

Is it possible, sure, but not very likely and I think you guys are giving the girl credit for more depth than we generally think any of these people are capable of.

I don't think she is a deep thinker, but I don't doubt at all she is regurgitating what she has been hearing from the adults in her life--her parents and her future in-laws--and that she knows very well what the underlying message is. They're not exactly shy in that regard, even if they've learned not to flaunt it on social media. Claire just might not have gotten that memo. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I still can't wrap my head around how wearing a mask is fear/control but wearing shoes, a shirt, a seat belt or even a helmet is okay. I know not everyone agrees with all these "restrictions" but you don't hear much about how they are taking our freedom. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think she is a deep thinker, but I don't doubt at all she is regurgitating what she has been hearing from the adults in her life--her parents and her future in-laws--and that she knows very well what the underlying message is. They're not exactly shy in that regard, even if they've learned not to flaunt it on social media. Claire just might not have gotten that memo. 

Exactly. I doubt she personally knows the nuances here, but she's repeating what she's been told, and I'm sure especially with people flipping out about the new justice that there could have been some fire and brimstone preacher talking about the "true" meaning of love wins or some other BS. 

It's also possible she heard someone yapping about reclaiming love wins and didn't know the background, but it's a hell of a coincidence if she's using "love always wins" without having picked it up from someone who knows the LGBT context, because it's been a major rallying cry for a long time. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The actual quote is "Love Wins", and it hasn't been said for decades, only during the current fight for marriage equality. As for the rest, my lapsed Catholic self can't figure out what her point is in regards to the initial quote. Only Jesus can love us perfectly? I would love to sit with Claire and ask her the same hard questions that the similar kids in my college Christian Fellowship could never answer. The problem with people like Claire is that they are repeating, not thinking and drawing logical conclusions for themselves. And I'm not talking about all Christians. I'm talking about people like Claire and most/all of the Duggars and their friends. But it's really not her fault. She was raised to be this way, and give no other option except to become a heathen like Jill and wear pants. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, spacefly said:

I guess I still can't wrap my head around how wearing a mask is fear/control but wearing shoes, a shirt, a seat belt or even a helmet is okay. I know not everyone agrees with all these "restrictions" but you don't hear much about how they are taking our freedom. 

replying in small talk.

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding Claire seeming outspoken and perhaps having a dominant personality, it makes sense to me that the four youngest boys (Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson) would seek out women to be in charge of them. The oldest boys were never quite as entrenched in the sister moms/buddy system, at least not for as long. The youngest 4 boys are completely used to being submissive to one of the older girls, and they don’t have the same independent, confident qualities of their older brothers. I also don’t think JB focused as much on making sure they had “manly skills.” They truly were just howlers running wild in the house, waiting for their sister mom to tell them what to do. That’s what they’ll seek out for wives. The jury’s out for me on the twins... maybe they’ll live together in their Ernie and Bert bedroom forever.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

Regarding Claire seeming outspoken and perhaps having a dominant personality, it makes sense to me that the four youngest boys (Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson) would seek out women to be in charge of them. The oldest boys were never quite as entrenched in the sister moms/buddy system, at least not for as long. The youngest 4 boys are completely used to being submissive to one of the older girls, and they don’t have the same independent, confident qualities of their older brothers. I also don’t think JB focused as much on making sure they had “manly skills.” They truly were just howlers running wild in the house, waiting for their sister mom to tell them what to do. That’s what they’ll seek out for wives. The jury’s out for me on the twins... maybe they’ll live together in their Ernie and Bert bedroom forever.

So far Kendra is the only laid back DIL. Even with Anna pulling the luggage into the honeymoon suite, she came into her own eventually, as was shown many times on the show (although I wouldn't stay, IMO, staying in a marriage after infidelity does not make a partner weak). Lauren uses her passive-aggressiveness to be in charge. I think all the Duggar males, even Jed, are just like their dad - insecure, and will all seek out strong women. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, spacefly said:

I guess I still can't wrap my head around how wearing a mask is fear/control but wearing shoes, a shirt, a seat belt or even a helmet is okay. I know not everyone agrees with all these "restrictions" but you don't hear much about how they are taking our freedom. 

I guess flip flops are a mark of rebellion.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, Zella said:

I don't think she is a deep thinker, but I don't doubt at all she is regurgitating what she has been hearing from the adults in her life--her parents and her future in-laws--and that she knows very well what the underlying message is. They're not exactly shy in that regard, even if they've learned not to flaunt it on social media. Claire just might not have gotten that memo. 

She's likely a deep thinker due to being well educated and well read.   

Oh, maybe not so much. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Tasya said:

Abbie seems pretty even tempered and laid back. 

Abbie was also 26 when she got married versus 19-20 like the rest of the daughters-in-law. I can't speak for everyone but I know I chilled out massively between 18 and 26. Well as much as I could possibly chill out.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Today is Justin's 18th birthday.

And he appreciates you for remembering him!

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

someone has to, he family probably won't.  😎

Well it seems they’ve shipped him off to Texas to stay with the Spivey family so no need to remember his birthday.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Mrs Spivey snuggling him. I wonder if hanging/living with the Spiveys is giving Justin a glimpse into how other (hopefully more healthy) families work.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Happy Birthday Bud....... no words

Mama Spivey tucking him into bed...No words!

Hanging out at Walmart without wearing masks...No words!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Mrs Spivey snuggling him. I wonder if hanging/living with the Spiveys is giving Justin a glimpse into how other (hopefully more healthy) families work.

The kid has some life behind his eyes compared to when he was getting a free chocolate mess sundae every year.

He probably gets more love from the Spiveys than he has gotten from his parents in his entire 18 years on this planet.

It does make me wonder why they so readily shipped him off. Jed and Jer have surely moved back into the TTH at this point. Jinger is the only other one who isn't within driving distance of the TTH.  

Also this means all the under 18s are the ones who were born on the show. Except J'Tyler... I'm getting old. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

How can you know someone well enough to marry them after two months? I feel like most of these relationships are forced for ratings for the show. Or the kids know that the only way out, is to get married. Justin is 18, and has little education and skills. I hope Clare has a real career. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post

Mrs. Spivey gives me weird vibes, but Justin seems happy, so yay. At least he got a real birthday cake rather than a tub of ice cream with a candle stuck in it. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size