Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

So did TLC send a crew to film the wedding? The "we won't force anyone to wear a mask" event with 100+ guests? I assume that JB is over the moon that he could get another kid to the altar to provide footage for the show to accompany all the new loinfruit his adult kids have been producing. I just have a hard time believing the production company would send a crew to that clusterfuck of microbes. OTOH, money talks, and walks, so there's that.

• Love 13

Justin looks 14. And they'll be pregnant by the end of April. And why do all these Duggar marriages have such an "arranged" feeling to them? They're almost all married to "family friends". Except Jeremy and Derrick, who both seem to want to distance themselves in their own ways from this shit show. This marriage and Joe and Kendra both seem more arranged than some of the others. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So did TLC send a crew to film the wedding? The "we won't force anyone to wear a mask" event with 100+ guests? I assume that JB is over the moon that he could get another kid to the altar to provide footage for the show to accompany all the new loinfruit his adult kids have been producing. I just have a hard time believing the production company would send a crew to that clusterfuck of microbes. OTOH, money talks, and walks, so there's that.

Oh, TLC definitely filmed. Hilary would be an angry, sobbing mess if they hadn't. Considering how delayed the shows our, I'm guessing they're banking on restrictions being lifted nation-wide by the time they air. That, or the entire episode will be tight closeups of only the immediate families to avoid showing the superspreader event.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I was just going to say that Hilaria looks like Nurie Rodrigues in 20 years, but several of you already called that one. 😆 The picture above of her with Claire made me do serious double take.

There is nothing good about this marriage outside of the possibly continuing entertaining antics of the fame-hungry Hilaria/Mrs. Robinson. Don't let me down, Hilary!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

Don't let me down, Hilary!!

I don't think you need to worry. She cannot get that desperation-and-thirst-driven lean and hungry look off her face. Her expression virtually always screams "I've got my eyes peeled to leap up and grab any Duggar who comes within smelling distance!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I wonder whether she embarrasses her husband and kids or makes them a little crazy? .... .and what she went mad about before this prospect of a DUGGAR MARRIAGE!!!! came about? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Justin looks 14. And they'll be pregnant by the end of April. And why do all these Duggar marriages have such an "arranged" feeling to them? They're almost all married to "family friends". Except Jeremy and Derrick, who both seem to want to distance themselves in their own ways from this shit show. This marriage and Joe and Kendra both seem more arranged than some of the others. 

I would add JD and Abbie. I think they found each other on their own. Plus, I think their ages helped. They do seem very good together. 

• Love 2

I disagree that the age difference is a problem. I don't think just under two years is a big deal.  I don't care how it looks. 

To me, they're two kids who were both failed by their parents. Her future is just as bleak and sad as his. Worse as she's the one who will be pregnant.

In some ways trying to hide the age difference makes it more noticable. Starting today all of the tabloids will point that Claire is 20 and and Justin is 18 the same way they did with Ben and Jessa. When they announce a pregnancy, she'll be 20 and he'll be 18. Nine months from now I think will be just after Justin's 19th birthday. Talk about trying to make it look good. 

• Love 19
Just now, Temperance said:

I disagree that the age difference is a problem. I don't think just under two years is a big deal.  I don't care how it looks. 

To me, they're two kids who were both failed by their parents. Her future is just as bleak and sad as his. Worse as she's the one who will be pregnant.

In some ways trying to hide the age difference makes it more noticable. Starting today all of the tabloids will point that Claire is 20 and and Justin is 18 the same way they did with Ben and Jessa. When they announce a pregnancy, she'll be 20 and he'll be 18. Nine months from now I think will be just after Justin's 19th birthday. Talk about trying to make it look good. 

I don't think the age difference matters a whole lot either. And while its true females typically mature sooner than males, both physically and emotionally, in a few years, the gap will be less.

Because of the uneven rate of reaching maturity husbands have typically been the same age or older than their wives. Societal norms are slow to change so it will take some time for the cougar thing to go away.

But like you said, their young ages do matter. They're just too young to marry.

• Love 6

The thing is, this whole be fruitful and multiply is based on what happened thousands of years ago (and, actually, until fairly recently), where a LOT of babies didn’t make it past infancy, and some of those that did, still didn’t make it to adulthood. 

That’s not the case any more. Half your kids aren’t going to die. You can have three and be almost certain your “line” will be carried on (which is another issue entirely, but)

My mom got married at 20y 1mo exactly, and had me two days after her 21st birthday. She had my sister 2.5 yrs later. And then, they were done. This whole, have a bazillion kids by the time you’re 30 with no observable way to support them irritates the hell out of me. I’m sorry; there’s a point where you DO run out of quality time and money when you’re banging them out every fifteen months for twenty years. 

Edited by Monkeyrocks
I’m still angry!
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

The thing is, this whole be fruitful and multiply is based on what happened thousands of years ago (and, actually, until fairly recently), where a LOT of babies didn’t make it past infancy, and some of those that did, still didn’t make it to adulthood. 

That’s not the case any more. Half your kids aren’t going to die. You can have three and be almost certain your “line” will be carried on (which is another issue entirely, but)

My mom got married at 20y 1mo exactly, and had me two days after her 21st birthday. She had my sister 2.5 yrs later. And then, they were done. This whole, have a bazillion kids by the time you’re 30 with no observable way to support them irritates the hell out of me. I’m sorry; there’s a point where you DO run out of quality time and money when you’re banging them out every fifteen months for twenty years. 

But in the world of religion, its about filling the seats, filling the coffers and building a armies for God.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Temperance said:

We don’t care, but THEY do. Frankly, I’m more offended that they still have difficulty with this but not with older man/younger woman couples.

39 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

By 2/14/22 there might be a baby 

No Duggar babies born on my birthday, please.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

justin's too big looking suit made me think of the end of the movie BIG, where Josh(Tom Hanks) starts walking back to his childhood self and the suit just kept getting bigger as he went back to 12yr old age/size.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

9 marriages in the family within 13 years, and 0 divorces.  A statistical anomaly to be sure, but they all seem pretty happy.  These two should be fine.  

And I seriously think Justin Bieber looks way younger than his wife.  Illegally young.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, leighdear said:

9 marriages in the family within 13 years, and 0 divorces.  A statistical anomaly to be sure, but they all seem pretty happy.  These two should be fine.  

And I seriously think Justin Bieber looks way younger than his wife.  Illegally young.  

I think Jill, of all people, came the closest to divorce.  I said many more than will come closer once the money and attention supply dries up. Or once they reach critical grandchildren mass which should be within five years. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But in the world of religion, its about filling the seats, filling the coffers and building a armies for God.

But how do they fill the coffers when nobody has a real job, the wives aren’t allowed to work, and they all have ten kids to feed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Fort Rock has a marriage retreat coming up in March, Duggars usually speak. Maybe they can get Clairtin to share their "wisdom on marriage"

Well, by then they will have been married for a whopping 15 minutes or so... so yeah. Share your wisdom!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Hilary looks like one of the Rodriguez here, like Nurie or her sisters

Most of that is because the photo, for some reason, is pretty stretched, vertically. Though they do both have naturally high foreheads, which makes it look all that much more exaggerated.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

B3794813-ED7C-4278-B4D1-0F2D86F549C6.jpeg

🤢🤢Spare me.  You're a couple of children. How long did they know each other? 

And in that pic of Jill and Deertick, he's got a little manbun going on the top of his head. Jills dress is interesting. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Most of that is because the photo, for some reason, is pretty stretched, vertically. Though they do both have naturally high foreheads, which makes it look all that much more exaggerated.

My iPhone 11 does this and it drives me crazy. There was a picture where everyone else looked nice but I was off to the right and my head was all stretched and bent like a Van Gogh painting. They have allegedly made improvements with the iPhone 12 to prevent the bizarre distortion. 

• Useful 3

How do these uneducated with no skills and no job couples support themselves?  Do their parents give them an allowance? For the life of me as a parent I cannot imagine encourging my child to enter into marriage at age 20 without the benefit of a decent education be it college or technical school. And for the record Justin looks no older than 14 not even old enough to go to a high school prom. 

• Love 18

I like the messy braid, actually... it reminds me of Rapunzel in Tangled, when the little girls braid flowers into her hair. What makes her look older, I think, is the teased hair to make the top part higher and fuller. If it was flatter to her head, she would look younger. Right now, the braid looks like a young bride and the top part looks like a mother of the bride style.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

How do these uneducated with no skills and no job couples support themselves?  Do their parents give them an allowance? For the life of me as a parent I cannot imagine encourging my child to enter into marriage at age 20 without the benefit of a decent education be it college or technical school. And for the record Justin looks no older than 14 not even old enough to go to a high school prom. 

Jesus will provide. Or some shit. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9