Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can you know someone well enough to marry them after two months? I feel like most of these relationships are forced for ratings for the show. Or the kids know that the only way out, is to get married. Justin is 18, and has little education and skills. I hope Clare has a real career. 

They announced the courtship two months ago, but they've been seeing one another regularly for almost a year, best as we can tell.  The main issue that I see is that they are both still in their teens and have been raised to believe in getting married young and having a boatload of kids right off the bat.  They don't have the depth or breadth of life experiences to allow them to realize that their current feelings need to last forever and starting out a marriage with a honeymoon baby is not the way to encourage longevity in a  relationship.

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Congrats, I guess. I knew they'd announce on his birthday (close enough). Does Valentine's Day fall on a weekend?

It's a Sunday.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

She . . . tucked him in? Please tell me that is snark and not real. 

*raises hand* I also would like to know - the 10-picture IG link has been removed and I need to know why!

Also, it's very jarring to see Justin sitting in front of his birthday sludgefest sundae looking like he just turned 13 and then remembering that he's getting hitched in a couple of months and will surely be a father this time next year.  It makes me even sadder for Claire.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

She . . . tucked him in? Please tell me that is snark and not real. 

I agree with @PikaScrewChu. I think she just cozied up to him in a chair for a picture.

Came back to add, I am very affection with my kids friends and love interests. So its very normal to me.

Oh, and I'm not a creep.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10

I'm not sure what's going on, but it reminds me of how both Jill Rod and Michelle acted like they wanted to jump their daughters' future husbands' bones. Which is Creepy AF. (And psychologically interesting. But more creepy than just interesting.)

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's what I interpret as the desperate, craving look that I think (or imagine!) I see on her face every time she's within photog distance of a Duggar that disturbs me! 

I have nothing against hugging, but she just looks super hungry to me every time there's a Duggar nearby. 

I hope this is just my imagination.  But she has been super-excited in 2020 to marry up her daughter with a massively sheltered, utterly uneducated 17-year-old. with the promise of zero birth control in sight ever. Which strikes me as a potential sign of some sort of disordered judgment and behavior! 

Oh I totally agree. Mrs Spivey seems very enamored with the Duggars and the Bates. That, to me, is silly and creepy. Liking and showing affection to Justin in a motherly way is not weird to me, and it makes me happy for him.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

. Liking and showing affection to Justin in a motherly way is not weird to me, and it makes me happy for him.

Yeah, I agree about that.

I'm also ambivalent about it though  because I fear that it might be so driven by her star-struckness that it could too easily turn sour in some way that's out of JUSTIN Jason's control And that could be bad. 

Just hope she's more stable than her star-struckness makes her look! And that she really is feeling and acting loving towards JUSTIN Jason, himself, utterly independent of what family he belongs to! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I agree about that.

I'm also ambivalent about it though  because I fear that it might be so driven by her star-struckness that it could too easily turn sour in some way that's out of Jason's control And that could be bad. 

Just hope she's more stable than her star-struckness makes her look! And that she really is feeling and acting loving towards Jason, himself, utterly independent of what family he belongs to! 

Jason or Justin? 😂

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's what I interpret as the desperate, craving look that I think (or imagine!) I see on her face every time she's within photog distance of a Duggar that disturbs me! 

I have nothing against hugging, but she just looks super hungry to me every time there's a Duggar nearby. 

I hope this is just my imagination.  But she has been super-excited in 2020 to marry up her daughter with a massively sheltered, utterly uneducated 17-year-old. with the promise of zero birth control in sight ever. Which strikes me as a potential sign of some sort of disordered judgment and behavior! 

And Claire is already the perfect stepford, Gothard wife, speaking about what the lord has in store, and this season of life.  Ick.

• Love 2

I guess they had to wait until his 18th birthday to make it look less arranged and horrible. But it still looks arranged and horrible. I guess they needed another wedding for ratings? They would get more viewers with the Jill rebellion drama than with another wedding.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can you know someone well enough to marry them after two months? I feel like most of these relationships are forced for ratings for the show. Or the kids know that the only way out, is to get married. Justin is 18, and has little education and skills. I hope Clare has a real career. 

According to her/her mom's Instagram, they've been together 14 months since he was 16. And the show probably filmed that back in May, since they also found out the sex of Jinger's baby. When they announced Vuolo #2, they said they were having a girl. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Maybe Justin & Clare will take over residency of the Bachelor Pad house.  It's already semi-furnished & ready to go complete with the dual use ping pong/dining table.  All they need to do is push the twin beds together in the one bedroom.  The other one can be the nursery.  IIRC, it has furniture too (?bunk beds) so whatever sister chosen to be the Mother's Helper will have a place to stay.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I think Mrs. Spivey thinks she'll become famous because her daughter is marrying a Duggar. Ugh. 

She should check how that worked out for Mike Seewald.

• Love 23

Okay WTF... these kids are sooo young. They literally announced the day after he turned 18. 

Remember when somone said they forgot Justin's birthday last year. I'm thinking maybe they forgot his 16th birthday, because that would make more sense. Justin has been with Claire for 14 months. He was sixteen when they started courting.

Justin seems to be trouble for JB and Michelle. My best guess is they worried he would try to leave and make it in the secular world. So they found a nice fundie girl to pair him up with. That's their solution for everything- get married. It looks Justin has found a mother with more time for him in Mrs. Spivey. I'll be interested if they end up in Texas or Arkansas. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9

If they don't end up in Texas I will be very surprised. He's clearly spent the better part of the last year in Texas. 

This entire thing has been so bloody odd. Josh was the only one (allegedly) betrothed young to one of the Holt daughters at 14. That didn't happen obviously. So Justin becomes the youngest out of all the Duggarlings so far to court AND get engaged.

Justin either saw that the writing was on the wall and the only way out is marriage or they're trying to get rid of a "problem child". 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I think back to when my kids were this age. They had boy/girlfriends and thought they were madly in love. I'm guessing if it was the cultural norm at least one of them would have seriously thought about marriage. We did have 2 engagements in the kids' early twenties, but neither ended in marriage.

Its unfortunate the Duggars don't have the option to date for real (including sex, if that's what they wanted) and either grow together or grow apart.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Liking and showing affection to Justin in a motherly way is not weird to me, and it makes me happy for him.

If the Duggars weren’t such freaks about stupid stuff like frontal hugs, toddler shoulders  and premarital....well, anything... I doubt it would even register. Only because of the context, it looks a tad coocoocachoo.

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2DA2FE5C-D06C-48C1-9FDA-BC7817C05C34.jpeg

0F3F06BE-111B-4EB5-AA49-D823AAC987B2.jpeg

"You know it's gonna make it that much better
When we can say goodnight and stay together

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new?
And after having spent the day together
Hold each other close the whole night through?

Happy times together we've been spending
I wish that every kiss was never ending
Oh, wouldn't it be nice?

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray
It might come true (run run ooo)
Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do
We could be married (we could be married)
And then we'd be happy (and then we'd be happy)
Oh, wouldn't it be nice?"

Note to Claire and Justin: This is a fantasy. Especially when you don't believe in birth control. 

• Love 14

I started to ask why so many of these child couples look like they could be related...closely related...and then realized that this particular breeding population of fundies probably has 95% identical DNA at this point. 

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 14
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Ugh their both too young. They should be dating, going to college, working and other things. Not getting married and having baby after baby. I hope Justin moves to TX and gets a job there.

I'm sure he'll work doing construction for Claire's dad. 

And @Churchhoney, I never thought I would see the Beach Boys referenced in a Duggar thread. 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

I kind of thought Josiah and Lauren were a case of an arranged marriage between 'problem' children.  At least those two were a bit older than Claritin.  

These two ought to be in college, and, you know, actually DATING, not making a lifelong commitment.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13