Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Justin is noticeably taller than Claire in the picture where she's wearing capris.  Whoever is standing next to him in the latest picture is shorter, like Claire, plus she has her arm around his waist.  Would her mom be that cozy with Justin?

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Sweetpea12 said:

Justin is noticeably taller than Claire in the picture where she's wearing capris.  Whoever is standing next to him in the latest picture is shorter, like Claire, plus she has her arm around his waist.  Would her mom be that cozy with Justin?

Who knows, we haven't seen anyone too cozy. J"Chelle never put her arm around her favorite sons-in-laws. But then they only side hug people unless it's mini-golf with Boob. 

• LOL 3

Even Jesus didn't wear pants. He wore...oh no, women in dresses are dressing like Jesus, the horror. These people make rules that make absolutely no sense because they know nothing about history or fashion. Or history of fashion.

• Love 12

Hold up. The woman in the middle is Claire's MOM?

I thought maybe it was Claire's older sister, then I remembered that Claire didn't have any older siblings...

But how do we know they are related to Claire?

Also, Hilary's latest IG post interestingly has Justin but not Claire. 

Edited by madpsych78
11 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

I didn't think Claire looked "old" as others have commented on until this picture. Wow. Justin looks like he's standing next to his mother. 😯

Those capri pants really make her look middle aged. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Hold up. The woman in the middle is Claire's MOM?

I thought maybe it was Claire's older sister, then I remembered that Claire didn't have any older siblings...

But how do we know they are related to Claire?

Also, Hilary's latest IG post interestingly has Justin but not Claire. 

Hilary really is a suck up, isn't she? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Oh, look at all the oblivious unmasked young people who aren't allowed to read most books, talk to anyone who doesn't go to this stupid-looking camp or learn anything because Jesus and Bill Gothard. That's what the world needs more of! Not. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Is that Emily with Johannah and Jennifer? If so, then she's wearing pants as well. Looks like they are all wearing pants except for Hannie and Jennifer.

Proving that the DUGGARS are the winners and STILL GODLIEST!!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Is that Emily with Johannah and Jennifer? If so, then she's wearing pants as well. Looks like they are all wearing pants except for Hannie and Jennifer.

It is! That's why she looked familiar.

What's up with all that trouser wearing suddenly? Since when has that been Gothard-approved?

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

It is! That's why she looked familiar.

What's up with all that trouser wearing suddenly? Since when has that been Gothard-approved?

Do we know that the Spiveys are all that into IBLP?

I have wondered whether IBLP has quietly backed off some of Bill Gothard's personal fashion dictates for wimmin now that he's out of the organization. I mean, they are still toxic rigid legalistic authoritarian fundamentalist nutjobs, but maybe somebody there has figured out that they have a chance of attracting and keeping more adherents (and their money) if they don't require them to dress funny in fashions straight out of the 80's. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Do we know that the Spiveys are all that into IBLP?

I have wondered whether IBLP has quietly backed off some of Bill Gothard's personal fashion dictates for wimmin now that he's out of the organization. I mean, they are still toxic rigid legalistic authoritarian fundamentalist nutjobs, but maybe somebody there has figured out that they have a chance of attracting and keeping more adherents (and their money) if they don't require them to dress funny in fashions straight out of the 80's. 

No, I haven't really found out anything about their level of commitment.....

Except that they've been members consistently since at least the mid-90s and that Rob Spivey was a full-time Gothard employee for about nine years.....right up until the time the membership really started dwindling and a lot of people got laid off.....So while I don't know this for a fact, it seems likely to me that he didn't actually quit the ATI/IBLP job but was downsized from it......But he and his remained regular and faithful members, at least, showing up for many -- maybe all -- the events over the years. And, of course, he and his family are very star-struck by the Duggars -- who are Gothard and Gothard-similar-people stars way more than they're stars in anybody else's firmament, I think. 

You're right about the group trying to put on a different image now. They obviously need to do something to stop bleeding members.

But I'd bet they're changing their image slightly in the same way they wanted the Duggars on TeeVee and in books from mainstream publishers but largely kept the group's name -- and even the fact that there was a group, to some extent -- out of those media properties. As you say, all the significant legalistic stuff remains. And it goes way deeper than clothes (Notice, though, that Gothard guys can wear pretty fitted pants while women's and girl's pants are really quite loose -- We're still protecting the guys against those eyetraps.) 

Seems to me it's just an extension of how the Gothard gang used the Duggar phenomenon. While they pretended that the Duggars weren't part of any extremist cult, the books and the show did keep stealthily holding up as a great example the core ATI/IBLP ideas, like endless procreation, homeschooling, never working for anybody but your family or a fellow cult member, no outside jobs for women, men are the headships, you stick with a guy like Joshley no matter what and when you do you become a treasured star and mentor to other young women and girls in the group, kids shouldn't have outside friends or activities, bible memorization is the core of "schooling," no mainstream reading or tv or movie watching, etc etc etc. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

What a cute picture.  They look like HS sophomores going on their first date.  What's the rush in getting married?  I guess since college isn't an option, that's all they're expected to do.  

Starting making babies as teenagers, they'll end up with double digit kids, for sure.  Sad.

• Love 11

Justin has major forehead wrinkles when he is talking. Jill had them too but haven't noticed them lately. It is from raising his eyebrows too much and I have them too but I am old and they are only prominent when I raise my brows.  In talking about their relationship he said they were excited about what God has done in this last year. Does that mean they have been dating (I am not saying the C word) for around a year?  So young.  Good luck to them I guess. 

3 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Justin has major forehead wrinkles when he is talking. Jill had them too but haven't noticed them lately. It is from raising his eyebrows too much and I have them too but I am old and they are only prominent when I raise my brows.  In talking about their relationship he said they were excited about what God has done in this last year. Does that mean they have been dating (I am not saying the C word) for around a year?  So young.  Good luck to them I guess. 

Yes, they've been getting to know and dating for over a year. That means he was 16 when this relationship began.

3 hours ago, auntieminem said:

It's genetics, not raising his eyebrows too much. Some people are wrinkly at 17, some people aren't wrinkly at 47. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a cute picture.  They look like HS sophomores going on their first date.  What's the rush in getting married?  

C'mon now. If the kids don't marry and start pumping out those all-important grandbabies as soon as the printer ink on the Duggar Academy diploma is dry, how will JB and M push their total into the mid-three digits before the correct Jesus calls them home to their eternal making-grandbabies reward?!!

17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Does Justin have a diploma from Duggar Academy? I can’t remember anyone graduating since Joy and the twins, but maybe I missed it. 

I can’t find any graduation news about Justin. This seems to be the most recent, as far as graduations. It’s  from July, 2019.

5 pictures:

Jason was 19, and James was 18.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
26 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Does Justin have a diploma from Duggar Academy? I can’t remember anyone graduating since Joy and the twins, but maybe I missed it. 

Yeah, I know. I wonder that, too.

Was Justin leaving school in the past year or was he just courting?

They don't seem to mention diplomas very often. Just the parties. But I guess Justin had a woman already, so what did he need with  a party? Or else he's scheduled to get bundled with Jackson for a party a couple years from now? When he's already a married man with a kid.

Diplomas seem to be pretty ubiquitous among Christian homeschoolers, though, so it seems like the Duggs probably hand them out. They have to know it's a tradition that gives legitimacy. But they just have so little respect for or interest in learning and education that they neglect to mention them, I suppose.

ETA: I totally missed the James/Jason party mentioned above.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Justin doesn't need to get married at his young age. All he needs is an extra long shower.

Preferably with no accountability partner, so if he chooses to play with little Justin, he won't get ratted on, and told he's going to hell.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Preferably with no accountability partner, so if he chooses to play with little Justin, he won't get ratted on, and told he's going to hell.

If I remember correctly one of the other boys was caught..pleasuring himself...and his punishment was to have his hands tied together in front and made to do his chores that way. This was with the camera crew there. Who knows what humiliation when on when the crew left.

2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

If I remember correctly one of the other boys was caught..pleasuring himself...and his punishment was to have his hands tied together in front and made to do his chores that way. This was with the camera crew there. Who knows what humiliation when on when the crew left.

Really shines a spotlight on the fact that Josh did what he did, but the seeds of destruction were planted by his parents.   Loving, caring parental attention and sharing information and helping him understand could have normalized the processes and changes of puberty he was no doubt struggling with likely would have meant he never became a youthful offender.     

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Really shines a spotlight on the fact that Josh did what he did, but the seeds of destruction were planted by his parents.   Loving, caring parental attention and sharing information and helping him understand could have normalized the processes and changes of puberty he was no doubt struggling with likely would have meant he never became a youthful offender.     

Taking my response to the Josh & Anna thread. 

On 10/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, MichaelaRae said:

I hope they all get COVID. Every single one of them. #notsorry 

I have a fever and I have to get a COVID test tomorrow. I’ve barely left the house since March. I join you, and I’m not sorry either.

So Claire is 19 years old and has presumably graduated high school. I don't suppose she has a job or is seeking a higher education or anything? Is that too much to wish for?

In all their pictures, they look 15 years old. They're children. The whole thing is sad. I'm betting they will be married by Christmas 2021.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

So Claire is 19 years old and has presumably graduated high school. I don't suppose she has a job or is seeking a higher education or anything? Is that too much to wish for?

In all their pictures, they look 15 years old. They're children. The whole thing is sad. I'm betting they will be married by Christmas 2021.

that long?  i am calling for it sooner...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

She has a job she's "Secretary 4 Spivey Construction", wonder how she got that job? This time next year she will be married and pregnant and Justin will maybe have graduated HS.

Edited by spacefly
Proper punctuation helps
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, spacefly said:

She has a job she's "Secretary 4 Spivey Construction", wonder how she got that job. This time next year she will be married and pregnant and Justin will maybe have graduated HS.

That's Daddy's company, not a real job

• Love 5