Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

"Ever since they began living together, both Justin and Claire discovered new quirks they never saw in one another before."

They never spent one second alone together before they got married! I'm sure everything they do is a quirk they never saw in one another before!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I’m glad they reside in Texas. Her parents have the same hideous beliefs, but Justin and Claire won’t be forced to spend mind numbing hours at the TTH bus station. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

How do you marry someone without spending enough time together to know how your spouse takes his/her tea or coffee in the morning?????  This is basic stuff you need to know before marriage.  How many married siblings does Justin have, and none of them gave him any pointers? Not even JB or Michelle?  Or Hilaria?  Now I understand why Jill gets so excited when Best Hubby Ever brings her coffee in bed.  

I will give young Justin credit for noticing Claire drinks tea and WANTING to make it the right way for her.  I'm not sure all of his brothers or brothers in law would bother with something like that for their wives.

But yes, I think their constant surprise at things the other is doing or things the other person likes is a direct result of a sheltered and emotionally stunted "courtship."

• Love 22
59 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I certainly hope that a month in biking isn't really their favorite thing to do together.

It probably is.. exercise is good (as i sit here typing - BUT i'm doing laundry as I type).  When i was 20 (or 21 or 22).  I could hop out of bed, didn't think about it, even with a hangover (well maybe after 24,) but really, she is a young girl.. p.s.  I don't believe a bit of that article.. just me

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

"Ever since they began living together, both Justin and Claire discovered new quirks they never saw in one another before."

They never spent one second alone together before they got married! I'm sure everything they do is a quirk they never saw in one another before!

As in.....your husband is a child and she’s already hating life with no escape. 

• LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

How do you marry someone without spending enough time together to know how your spouse takes his/her tea or coffee in the morning????? 

She likes the same thing as Captain Jean Luc Picard, and I’ve only seen him on television. 

So, Claire, was the sex worth it? 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Justin had no clue Claire liked Earl Grey Tea?? - Same tea her mama and his mama like and his mama was shown with Earl Grey and using Claire's mug?

so Justin wakes up 10 minutes before he needs to leave, pushes the keurig button for hot water and lays out a tea bag I guess.

Screenshot (62)_LI.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, wait.what said:

Did they ever say where they went on their honeymoon?

The days of TLC-funded honeymoons in romantic foreign cities are long past (not that the Duggars ever appreciated it, anyway).

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 9

Personally, I cannot wait until I hear about how they love doing laundry, how Claire cook his favorite meal or rather how Hilaria cooks his favorite meals and does his unmentionables.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

In addition to coffee/tea, don't most folks shit, shower and shave in the morning? If he's out the door in 10 minutes, I wonder if Justin showers and shaves?

He probably only shaves once a week, lol.

• LOL 16

Does she and Hilaria drink Earl Grey every morning? I can't stand Earl Grey tea, but I do like drinking hot English breakfast tea in the morning during the winters. But Arkansas is already getting hot enough to make that undesirable, so I've switched to iced tea and probably won't have anymore hot tea until at least October, unless there's another random cold snap. It's a seasonal round I've done for years. LOL

I'm envisioning drinking hot tea in Texas in the middle of summer and I already want a fan and some air conditioning. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I have never figured out why people from India keep telling me that drinking hot beverages in the heat cools you off because no. I find that to be wrong and can't convince them. 

I've been told that too. I lived in Vegas and Texas, and the only coffee I drank was early in the morning in summer. Otherwise, it's too damn hot. That's like saying drinking a frosty beverage won't cool you off during a ND winter. 

• Love 2

There have been studies done about drinking a hot beverage when it’s hot out. It has to do with sweating and that sweat evaporating from the body. From what I understand, it would have to be a “dry” heat. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I'm a hot coffee drinker only - no matter the weather and my bestie is an iced coffee drinker - no matter the weather. And we get extreme cold and extreme hot weather here in New England.

Hilaria says Michelle is drinking out of Claire's mug. Really, why? And does Claire have a favorite mug, or only one mug?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There have been studies done about drinking a hot beverage when it’s hot out. It has to do with sweating and that sweat evaporating from the body. From what I understand, it would have to be a “dry” heat. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I could see that. It is definitely not a dry heat here in Arkansas. 😄 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Makes sense, because spicy food (that makes you sweat) is often very popular in hot places.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It’s 60 degrees and I am drinking everything cold. Hot beverages are when it’s below 50 degrees.

Come sit by me..  Iced coffee (Dunkin Donuts) is the best!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I never cared for Earl Grey. To me, it always tasted like tea infused with potpourri.

I'm glad to hear Justin and Claire settled in Texas. He seems much happier with the Spiveys.

Lady Grey might be a good choice for you. It has less bergamot so tastes less like potpourri, but it still has a really nice flavor. My current favorite, though, is Taylors of Harrogate Assam. Yum. 

I hope they stay in Texas and that Claire inherited her mother's fertility patterns. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Taylors of Harrogate Assam

That's one of the ones I drink! So good! 😄 

Back on topic: Though Hilaria weirds me out, I do think moving to Texas might be good for him. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Zella said:

That's one of the ones I drink! So good! 😄 

Back on topic: Though Hilaria weirds me out, I do think moving to Texas might be good for him. 

Agreed.  But I think the other in-law families (Kendra's and Katey's, I think?) moving to Arkansas is even weirder.  No offense to Arkansas or Zella 🙂, but does anyone know the stated reasons for their moves?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Agreed.  But I think the other in-law families (Kendra's and Katey's, I think?) moving to Arkansas is even weirder.  No offense to Arkansas or Zella 🙂, but does anyone know the stated reasons for their moves?

None taken! I get the girls moving to Arkansas after the marriage, but the whole families relocating beforehand seems very weird to me, and I'd think that regardless of the state they moved to. It's not like they have a normal reason for going--like a job. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

None taken! I get the girls moving to Arkansas after the marriage, but the whole families relocating beforehand seems very weird to me, and I'd think that regardless of the state they moved to. It's not like they have a normal reason for going--like a job. 

Right!  It definitely wasn't a dig at Arkansas, but it is curiouser and curiouser.  Especially if it's true that the Caldwell's were living off of JB's dime, and now live their daughter and SIL's house.  

• Love 4
On 4/5/2021 at 3:28 PM, BitterApple said:

Wow, Jessa is frump city. Who would've thought she'd end up the least attractive of the bunch?

I agree the composition of the picture is interesting. Lauren, Katey and Abbie are cuddled like besties posing for the yearbook photographer. Kendra is weirdly tacked on at the end, Anna and Jinger are hiding and Jana isn't cooperating with the arm-on-arm pose. 

And where is JoHanna?

Just now, GeeGolly said:

I think Lauren's family moved to Arkansas as well. But maybe only temporarily. I'm not sure if they stayed.

Dwain Swanson still has Swanson Properties LLC registered with an AR address.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Didn't Lauren's family move there also? Don't have established careers they are leaving ?

oops, late to the party

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now I understand why Jill gets so excited when Best Hubby Ever brings her coffee in bed.  

Just imagine JB fixing something to eat or drink and bringing it, just because, to anybody ever. 

Can't imagine it, can you? I sure can't. 

The Duggarling females' spouses are very lucky that their father-in-law has set such a very low bar for husbands' behavior. 

• Love 8
On 4/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, GeeGolly said:

In addition to coffee/tea, don't most folks shit, shower and shave in the morning? If he's out the door in 10 minutes, I wonder if Justin showers and shaves?

I suppose Justin works for Rob Spivey's business now. .... Which almost certainly doesn't run on Duggar Time. Whereas Justin almost certainly does still run on Duggar Time. 

I wonder whether that means that when a Duggarling gets a job with a start time, that requirement crashes hard into their Duggar Time habits.......I'd think it would.

Maybe at this point Justin does just lie around dozing Duggar-fashion until it hits him that, yeah, he has to go to work at a given time. But he's stayed drowsing in the sack till the last possible minute. So he leaps up, takes a quick piss, throws on whatever clothes are on the floor next to the bed and runs. 

Reminiscent of Jill's troubles coping with her new life and the idea of schedules and so on, seems to me. Not many of the married Duggarlings have had to cope with requirements of a life outside of DuggarTimeWorld, even now. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
On 4/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, crazy8s said:

Justin had no clue Claire liked Earl Grey Tea?? - Same tea her mama and his mama like and his mama was shown with Earl Grey and using Claire's mug?

so Justin wakes up 10 minutes before he needs to leave, pushes the keurig button for hot water and lays out a tea bag I guess.

Screenshot (62)_LI.jpg

"Mama Duggar enjoying Claire's teacup?"

For some reason this grosses me out on several levels...a no-mask wearing woman from a cootie-filled house "enjoying" Claire's teacup?  I mean, I wouldn't want anyone using MY teacup in the midst of a pandemic, but Hilaria pointing out the fact that Michelle Duggar is using Claire's teacup!!! is one of the more creepily thirsty posts she's put up...like, "look!  I have Michelle's saliva on my daughter's cup!  I WIN!!!!"

She is SO strange.  She really is JillRod with a better looking husband and better-fed children.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

"Mama Duggar enjoying Claire's teacup?"

For some reason this grosses me out on several levels...a no-mask wearing woman from a cootie-filled house "enjoying" Claire's teacup?  I mean, I wouldn't want anyone using MY teacup in the midst of a pandemic, but Hilaria pointing out the fact that Michelle Duggar is using Claire's teacup!!! is one of the more creepily thirsty posts she's put up...like, "look!  I have Michelle's saliva on my daughter's cup!  I WIN!!!!"

She is SO strange.  She really is JillRod with a better looking husband and better-fed children.

Agree 100%. IMO, it's sort of weird to use something that's a family member's dedicated and personal item on a guest. Hilaria is one creepy fangirl.

• Love 9
On 4/11/2021 at 3:13 PM, crazy8s said:

Dwain Swanson still has Swanson Properties LLC registered with an AR address.

not sure which thread to take this to, friends or joshia/lauren?? the swanson parents house has been for sale since march 10. same address as dwain's LLC is registered

• Useful 5
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Agree 100%. IMO, it's sort of weird to use something that's a family member's dedicated and personal item on a guest. Hilaria is one creepy fangirl.

I wonder if she even washed it when Michelle was done or if she has built a little shrine for the cup instead and told Claire to put a new one on the wedding registry. 😝

• LOL 19

I wonder if Claire is still working for her father. Hilary most likely homeschools the kids so it would make sense for Claire to keep working until she’s pregnant. But depending on how far down the rabbit hole the Spivey’s are it may not be an option now that she’s married. Another Duggar daughter in law who will have to teach her husband about bed times and schedules. 

• Love 6