Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, rue721 said:

As far as I know, every single Duggar female from Jana to Josie (not to mention Michelle) was at that wedding. Don’t see Hilary’s interest in a single one of them. I do see her putting her arm around these boys though. All I can say is 👀

Yeah I think it’s a little odd she shows so much interest in these young men, young enough to be her sons. 

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I would not be surprised if the Duggar women gave Hilary the cold shoulder like they do with JRod. This is only my opinion, but I feel like the Duggar women have a superiority complex towards women marrying into the family and their in laws. They have this odd notion that they are better than them and do the old tight lipped smile and aloof attitude (and probably making fun of them behind their backs). If Hilary is as clingy, fame hungry, and desperate for attention and acceptance in person as she comes off on social media, the Duggar women may have avoided her at all costs.

I hadn't thought about it in quite this way, but I think you're right. They're very insular in general, and because of their early fame an relative wealth, they had even less in common with those around them, which would make them feel superior even to other fundies. Also, as stunted as they are, I think the Duggar women are more socially and emotionally intelligent than their brothers and are more aware when someone is trying to get close solely for the fame (Jeremy being able to worm his way in and marry Jinger is the exception that proves the rule).

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Claire has any famous female friends.

Claire's been raised Gothard, of course. So like the Duggar girls, she probably has no friends, period, actually. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Claire's been raised Gothard. Like the Duggar girls, she probably no friends, period, actually. 

Just acquaintances she's met at the conferences and/or Journey to the Heart (if she was subjected to that). Of course, if she's like the Duggar girls, and I am pretty sure that she is, these acquaintances are "dear friends." I guess we'll find out once a picture of the full wedding party is released (by Hilary, of course). 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't find Hilary creepy in a predatory way. To me she's creepy in a wanna-be cool mom of celebrities, kind of way.

I don't find her predatory, either. I find her embarrassingly out of control and thus a pitiful sight in more than one way -- one being celebrity crazed but the other being clearly fixated on young men ages approx 17 - 23. We've seen that in her again and again and again. I don't consider it predatory because I'm sure she has absolutely no idea that she's doing it and that it's in no way intentional. 

She's got some chemicals washing around her brain and they're controlling her actions, is my guess. I expect if she realized she's been obviously hanging over a lot of young men, she'd be mortified. But between her celebrity mania and some kind of hormone thing, she doesn't know what she's doing. When I look at that madly thirsty-and-hungry look on her fact that seems to be there all the time, I don't see a person who's currently operating with any self-awareness at all. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have the same level of cringe for Hillary that I did for my sister when she got wasted at my nephew's graduation party and danced to "Apple Bottom Jeans" alongside fifty teenagers. 🙄

If I’m invited to a party, and there’s dancing music, I’m on the dance floor. Don’t really care which decade the music is from. Hopefully I’m not embarrassing anyone, and I won’t be wasted, but I will be dancing. 💃🏼🕺🏼

• Love 21
(edited)
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

As far as I know, every single Duggar female from Jana to Josie (not to mention Michelle) was at that wedding. Don’t see Hilary’s interest in a single one of them. I do see her putting her arm around these boys though. All I can say is 👀

I'm sure there were plenty of female Duggars at the wedding. But she didn't post any wedding pictures. Once she posts those I'm sure we'll see many pictures of the female Duggars. I doubt all or any Duggar sisters were hanging out with Claire prior to the wedding. I saw one picture of Hilary with her arm around one Duggar brother and another picture of a bunch of guys, two of whom are her sons, in the kitchen.

When she posted pictures before, of some Fundy gathering, she had pictures of any and all Bates and Duggars. One picture that showed obvious famewhoring, was a picture in a dining tent. She took a picture of Kelly Bates from across the room. Kelly didn't even know the picture was being taken. I'm thinking she's not into Kelly in any other way than the fame. But YMMV. 

I'm sticking with famewhore.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
(edited)
26 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Just wondering how it would be viewed if it were the dad obsessing over the young girls. 

Oh, exactly. It'd absolutely be viewed as predatory. I've said that at least a couple times on here since we've been seeing these incidents with her. 

Which is one reason I wish somebody who cares about her would notice this and try get her to see it and stop it.

Even though I don't think she's being a conscious predator, it a) possibly or even very probably comes off that way to some of the people she's doing it around, and makes them at least a little uncomfortable and possibly a lot uncomfortable.  So that's wrong and should be stopped. And b) makes her look at least like a fool and at worst like a predator. So it's bad for her (and her kids) and potentially quite uncomfortable and bad for others.

But I believe that are cases where men are doing it the same way she's doing it.

Men can get carried away by their hormones too. And in some cases I believe they are oblivious or addicted to denial or dumb and innocent or something that makes it unconscious automatic behavior on their parts, too, rather than predation (even though it will definitely look like predation and even though I expect more women likely do it automatically and without knowledge or intent than men do)......And of course in those automatic-pilot cases too, just like in hers, I hope that somebody grabs them and gets them to stop. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Just wondering how it would be viewed if it were the dad obsessing over the young girls. 

We all know how that would be viewed and this should be viewed the same way. It's like the double standard of male teachers and female students being disturbing and female teachers and male students being high five worthy(don't ever venture in comment sections on stories of female teachers abusing male students).

Not saying anything unsavory is going on here but her behavior around the boys is odd to say the least. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hilary was matron of honor.

Well, that shows us the level of social integration this family has, I'd say. Since when does a 20-year-old woman pick her mother for her main attendant in a wedding with hundreds of attendees? (it can be different if it's a tiny, immediate-family wedding, I think...) Claire has no friends because she's been raised in this sickening cult. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I just looked at Hilary's IG. Nothing on there even eludes to predatory. Nothing even looks odd or out of place in the full context of her IG pics. The other pictures aren't posted on this thread.

• Love 2

Well, that shows us the level of social integration this family has, I'd say. Since when does a 20-year-old woman pick her mother for her main attendant in a wedding with hundreds of attendees? (it can be different if it's a tiny, immediate-family wedding, I think...) Claire has no friends because she's been raised in this sickening cult. 

Do the Spiveys have a large family? Does Claire have any sisters?

• Love 1

They rushed this because either they already anticipated their vows or it was getting hard to keep them from doing so. I predict a pregnancy announcement by the end of the month and a November/December baby. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just looked at Hilary's IG. Nothing on there even eludes to predatory. Nothing even looks odd or out of place in the full context of her IG pics. The other pictures aren't posted on this thread.

Well, looks different to different people is all! 

To me it's looked like a woman whose hormones are running some of her behavior (along with her celebrity-mania, of course!) ever since some of the early posts we saw with and about her and Justin.

And the one where she was totally gushing over Jason Duggar and wishing a great weekend and so on. In my opinion, that one is impossible to explain except as a hormonal middle-aged female going a little inappropriately nuts over a young guy. 

But everybody's got their own interpretation! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Kellyee said:

Do the Spiveys have a large family? Does Claire have any sisters?

Two little sisters, looks like, according to fundie wiki (at least I think there are 2 --I assume Carson Lynn is a girl, although that could go either way.) 

Claire Yvonne DuggarFebruary 27, 2001[3]married to Justin Duggar [4]

Robert "Robby" Tarver Spivey IIINovember 20, 2003[5]

Paige SpiveyJune 29, 2006[6]

Wyatt Slade SpiveySeptember 5, 2010[7]

Taylor SpiveyNovember 11, 2012[8]

Carson Lynn SpiveyJune 22, 2016[9]

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Spivey_Family

Maybe there's a strain of "not overwhelmingly fertile" in the family and Claire will get lucky and inherit it. Given their early start, it'd be nice if they could have a shot at having a reasonable number of reasonably spaced kids rather than a flood and overwhelm. 

Or maybe, despite the Spivey's long embrace of Gothard, they've actually used birth control! In which case, hope mom passes the idea on.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, looks different to different people is all! 

To me it's looked like a woman whose hormones are running some of her behavior (along with her celebrity-mania, of course!) ever since some of the early posts we saw with and about her and Justin.

And the one where she was totally gushing over Jason Duggar and wishing a great weekend and so on. In my opinion, that one is impossible to explain except as a hormonal middle-aged female going a little inappropriately nuts over a young guy. 

But everybody's got their own interpretation! 

Right those are all posts that were posted on this thread, in a forum about the Duggars. In the context of all of Hilary's IG posts, there's just nothing to see.

https://www.instagram.com/hilaryspivey/?hl=en

I do think a lot of Hillary's posting the pics of the young guys is that Robbie Spivey, who will turn 18 this year, is also often included in the pics. I think she is possibly befriending/posting pics of the younger guys is to get Robbie's name out there to a higher set of fundie girls . I sometimes look at who else comments after her on say Jase's page and often they are the older teen fundy girls and Hillary is the first to comment on their posts also.

there is no duggar or bates girl within marrying age. but now that she has the duggar connection robbie's name and pics are attached to them.

just an idea.

• Useful 15
  • Love 3
On 2/27/2021 at 12:53 PM, lascuba said:

All the Duggar boys have really soft faces that read feminine without facial hair. Not a single hint of facial bones among them.

Maybe this explains the mandate for hairbows on the girl babies?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

To me it looks like the Spiveys use some sort of birth control. The kids seem rather evenly spaced out -- two to four years before each kid, reaching six kids over the course of 15 years. It might be rhythm, pull out, or condoms -- "non-hormonal" birth control. 

• Useful 3
21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

They're not allowed to get divorced. They sign special legal spiritual marriage certificates that make it very hard to get away, and they've been taught their whole lives that divorce is a huge sin. Anna Duggar lived in the Duggar family dormitory for months and popped out another kid right on the baby-making schedule because she's brainwashed, and Josh is trapped by the outing of his sexual problems. I will never believe for a minute those two are happy.

Justin and Claire may be happy, or maybe not. By the time either of them figures out this was a mistake, there will be multiple babies involved, and they'll be trapped. With no education, they are fully under the control of their parents. And that's exactly how Jim Bob wants it. Jeremy and Derrick got away because they have an education. In this whole stupid family, they are the only two with college degrees, and they've managed to escape. Abbie might have a degree too. I think she was a nurse? She and John seem less involved in the show and social media, and they look happier for it. 

As for no divorces, my mother's friend is celebrating 50 years of a miserable marriage this April. I'm trying to help my mother figure out what the hell to write on the anniversary card. 

I think Jill and Derick were struggling for a while, but are much better now.

I do not believe Jessa and Ben are happy, or that they are likely to ever be. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

JB didn't even see the man bun if he saw Jill's hemline first.

I noticed in one of the recent group photos posted here - maybe the one in front of the Magnolia place - that Joy's denim skirt ended above her knees. I wonder if the Duggs are quite as uptight about knees these days, as they claimed to be back in their teevee heyday.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right those are all posts that were posted on this thread, in a forum about the Duggars. In the context of all of Hilary's IG posts, there's just nothing to see.

https://www.instagram.com/hilaryspivey/?hl=en

Well, I'd say this -- Just because one behavior of a person is rare, compared with the totality of that person's actions,  doesn't mean that that particular behavior doesn't have a certain cause! 

It would never have crossed the minds of many many many many many women to write that particular post to Jason Duggar. And there's a difference between somebody who'd both think of writing and posting it and somebody who wouldn't do that. In my opinion! 

• Love 7
Just now, Jeeves said:

I noticed in one of the recent group photos posted here - maybe the one in front of the Magnolia place - that Joy's denim skirt ended above her knees. I wonder if the Duggs are quite as uptight about knees these days, as they claimed to be back in their teevee heyday.

I think they've loosened up a lot. They went from ankle length, to shin length and are now hover below and right above the knee.

Of course, not the Bikini Queen, her skirts are always below the knees. Her knees must be a special kind of sexy. Need to keep all those other marriages intact!

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, emma675 said:

I would not be surprised if the Duggar women gave Hilary the cold shoulder like they do with JRod. This is only my opinion, but I feel like the Duggar women have a superiority complex towards women marrying into the family and their in laws. They have this odd notion that they are better than them and do the old tight lipped smile and aloof attitude (and probably making fun of them behind their backs). If Hilary is as clingy, fame hungry, and desperate for attention and acceptance in person as she comes off on social media, the Duggar women may have avoided her at all costs.

Similar to the way the Duggar males attempt to show up and intimidate males marrying in?

• Love 5

One thing that surprised me was the amount of negative comments on Claire's hair and dress, particularly on Reddit. I know we all have different tastes, but I thought she looked quite nice. I didn't see anything about either that I'd consider snark-worthy (unlike Michelle Duggar's infamous Tin Man monstrosity). 

• Love 24

Hilaria being the matron of honor made me laugh way harder than it should have. 

Also it finally just clicked for me that Claire shares a birthday with my Chihuahua, and I object to this most strongly. 

• LOL 22
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I believe Kendra had her mother as her matron of honor. I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if the bride doesn't have any sisters who are really old enough to be maids of honor rather than bridesmaids. A fourteen-year-old maid of honor would be weirder. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

They rushed this because either they already anticipated their vows or it was getting hard to keep them from doing so. I predict a pregnancy announcement by the end of the month and a November/December baby. 

Except that these 2 lives in different states. So if the parents had wanted to keep them away from each other they could have.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I'd say this -- Just because one behavior of a person is rare, compared with the totality of that person's actions,  doesn't mean that that particular behavior doesn't have a certain cause! 

It would never have crossed the minds of many many many many many women to write that particular post to Jason Duggar. And there's a difference between somebody who'd both think of writing and posting it and somebody who wouldn't do that. In my opinion! 

Maybe we should all just be thankful that Michelle and JB don’t do the same and make comments on teen girls’ and boys’ posts ! 😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I believe Kendra had her mother as her matron of honor. I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if the bride doesn't have any sisters who are really old enough to be maids of honor rather than bridesmaids. A fourteen-year-old maid of honor would be weirder. 

I think one of the Bates girls did, too (Erin? Michal?). I'm interested to see what the rest of the bridal party looks like, as the one caption seemed to allude to the fact that Chaire's aunt was also a bridesmaid. Claire has been pictured among the Duggar youth and associates before, so hopefully she got some "sweet friends" (and her 14-year-old sister, and possibly some of the Lost girls... at least Johannah? and wasn't she just in another fundy wedding that there were pictures of, or was that just Justin and she was a guest?) in there, too.

But honestly the thought of James (my guess for Justin's best man) being paired off with Hilary (matron of honor) is no less weird (and potentially more so, but maybe that's just me) than having him paired off with 14-year-old Paige Spivey. I mean, the bride and groom are basically children; they might as well have a children (teen)-filled bridal party...

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill Rod got a few not Nuries to offload to Robert  the third. 

Can you imagine those 2 thirsty fame chasers meeting! 

TV gold TLC make it happen. That would make a good reality show. 

I think we have discussed that before as being a watchable trainwreck of 2 fame whores fighting for attention.

For Hilary a match with the Rod clan is a straight up no. But if JillR could make it happen it would be endless mentions of Robbie (Claire Duggar's brother) and Renee....

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, emma675 said:

2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Similar to the way the Duggar males attempt to show up and intimidate males marrying in?

Yes. I think so. IMO the Duggars in general are cold, insecure, emotionally immature, and deficient in empathy. So they play those games with outsiders who marry in.

I wonder what the kidult daughters really think of Anna; she definitely married up when she married Josh. But she's apparently been the Perfect Fundie/IBLP Wife. She's still birthing warriors for Jesus (IIRC via home births without complications), her kids always seem well-groomed, she's stuck by her headship through all the troubles, and seems to manage her SM pretty well. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the adult Duggar daughters secretly gnash their teeth in frustration that a mere Keller has dared to compete - and not fail - with their fabulous Jesus-y glory, lol.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yes. I think so. IMO the Duggars in general are cold, insecure, emotionally immature, and deficient in empathy. So they play those games with outsiders who marry in.

I wonder what the kidult daughters really think of Anna; she definitely married up when she married Josh. But she's apparently been the Perfect Fundie/IBLP Wife. She's still birthing warriors for Jesus (IIRC via home births without complications), her kids always seem well-groomed, she's stuck by her headship through all the troubles, and seems to manage her SM pretty well. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the adult Duggar daughters secretly gnash their teeth in frustration that a mere Keller has dared to compete - and not fail - with their fabulous Jesus-y glory, lol.

For my money Anna no more married up than if a homeless person, a commoner, had been plucked out of a literal gutter to marry Prince Andrew.  Maybe a serial killer cannibal could be considered a step below Prince Andrew, but it would be simply a matter of degrees.

Josh, JB and M have no ability to look down on anyone.   The rest of the motley crew needs to disavow the idea that being one of 19 or featured on a TV show mean squat either.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe we should all just be thankful that Michelle and JB don’t do the same and make comments on teen girls’ and boys’ posts ! 😆

Oh but the same thing was said about Michelle. First about Ben and then again about Jeremy (although he wasn't a teen). When honestly, she thinks so little about them, she probably doesn't even remember their last names.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't find Hilary creepy in a predatory way. To me she's creepy in a wanna-be cool mom of celebrities, kind of way.

I think she's more than delighted to see her mug on tv and be in people magazine!

17 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Oftentimes the most telling piece of information is the information that is not shared. And what we DON'T see in Hillary's posts (as far as I know) are pictures of HER OWN DAUGHTER with her bridesmaids, for example. 

Hillary is clearly more interested in the teenage and 20-something young men who are related to or friends with the young man who is marrying said daughter. Whether it is because they are young men, or because they are the ones from the famous families (Duggars and Bateses), is up for debate.

This wedding will be featured on the show so I'm pretty sure NO PICTURES is in action.  Not sure how the Duggers manage to herd all these guests not to snap and post on social media but they do!  

Duggers do everything for money!  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wasn't JRod matron of honor for Nurie?  I think one of the Bates girls --maybe Michael--had Kelly as her matron of honor, too.  I don't think it is too uncommon in this circle.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Why are their heads in such an odd pose? And Hilaria apparently responds to her comments, so yes, Claritin is on their honeymoon.

My theory is they are both missing back muscles. 

• LOL 24