Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Trillium said:

My iPhone 11 does this and it drives me crazy. There was a picture where everyone else looked nice but I was off to the right and my head was all stretched and bent like a Van Gogh painting. They have allegedly made improvements with the iPhone 12 to prevent the bizarre distortion. 

And just like that I don’t want an iPhone 11 anymore.

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Right. They'll stay married and miserable all to avoid the nasty D word. 

Yeah I would be genuinely surprised if any of them ever divorce. Now all bets might be off if someone really defundiefied (did I just invent a word?), but I think all of them are going to be doing time in the Big House of Matrimony for life, no matter how miserable or ill-suited they may be.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I would be genuinely surprised if any of them ever divorce. Now all bets might be off if someone really defundiefied (did I just invent a word?), but I think all of them are going to be doing time in the Big House of Matrimony for life, no matter how miserable or ill-suited they may be.

So far, Jill and Derelict have been the only ones to "defundify," but they have the millstone of a covenant marriage hanging around their necks. So, very difficult to divorce. They seem happy, and I hope this isn't an issue down the line, but it's still a remnant of their fundie years. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So far, Jill and Derelict have been the only ones to "defundify," but they have the millstone of a covenant marriage hanging around their necks. So, very difficult to divorce. They seem happy, and I hope this isn't an issue down the line, but it's still a remnant of their fundie years. 

I think they still hold enough fundie beliefs that divorce wasn't really an option, even if things were pretty intolerable at one time. The covenant marriage is really not as hard to get out of as they make it seem, though, if they had actually wanted to get divorced. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

3rllqryt1yj61.jpg

I assume Anna meant to use the traditional bride emoji here (which would be more fitting, seeing as Claire has somewhat long hair), but coming from this bunch I find it rather amusing that she picked the gender-inclusive version of that emoji instead. 🤭

(The emoji picked to represent Justin is also a gender-inclusive one, but that at least makes more sense since, unlike the traditional groom emoji, Justin definitely does NOT boast a mustache 😅)

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

they have the millstone of a covenant marriage hanging around their necks. So, very difficult to divorce.

It just takes a bit longer.  It isn't all that difficult.  They bought themselves a couple extra hoops to jump through like mandatory counseling and a waiting period.  Alternately, they could establish a residence in Oklahoma for a few months.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Pinke said:

I assume Anna meant to use the traditional bride emoji here (which would be more fitting, seeing as Claire has somewhat long hair), but coming from this bunch I find it rather amusing that she picked the gender-inclusive version of that emoji instead. 🤭

(The emoji picked to represent Justin is also a gender-inclusive one, but that at least makes more sense since, unlike the traditional groom emoji, Justin definitely does NOT boast a mustache 😅)

Can Juddy even grow facial hair? 😂

Just now, Absolom said:

It just takes a bit longer.  It isn't all that difficult.  They bought themselves a couple extra hoops to jump through like mandatory counseling and a waiting period.  Alternately, they could establish a residence in Oklahoma for a few months.

Right. I am aware of the hoops that must be jumped through. Derelict could always take the OK bar exam if it came to that. 

• LOL 6
18 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

I bet Derick and Jill DID make it a date night! Heck, it could have even been a FOUR date night! 🥴

Then they will do a video or Q&A about how many dates they had in one night, because apparently we are all clamoring to know about their "dates". 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • LOL 10
35 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Then they will do a video or Q&A about how many dates they had in one night, because apparently we are all clamoring to know about their "dates". 

Oh, dear God. Please make them shut up about their sex life. There is no clamoring. In fact, there is anti-clamoring, also known as “STFU already.” They’re approaching Fundie Kardashianhood.

😱😱😱

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Most of that is because the photo, for some reason, is pretty stretched, vertically. Though they do both have naturally high foreheads, which makes it look all that much more exaggerated.

And they both have overly "groomed", arched eyebrows.

• Love 3

It is so funny to me that every time I come to this site on their wedding weekend, this thread is at least 3 topics down the list. Justin and Claire are even less interesting that Joe and Kendra. 

About the lack of divorces and what that means in terms of "happiness," I don't think it means anything, not in a culture where a)divorce is not only taboo but considered an outright sin against their god and b)the women are completely uneducated and financially dependent. Those long marriages of yore that people love to romanticize are less than impressive when viewed in that light.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

j1m3g0ocu7k61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

LOL...it's not like there was a raging kegger at her house, and she's cleaning up barf all over the place.

All but 3 look like supreme doofusses (doofi ?) ... must be a Bates on the left and maybe one on the Fundy stack?

Please tell me that's not the groom second from the left....

• LOL 14
44 minutes ago, drafan said:

LOL...it's not like there was a raging kegger at her house, and she's cleaning up barf all over the place.

All but 3 look like supreme doofusses (doofi ?) ... must be a Bates on the left and maybe one on the Fundy stack?

Please tell me that's not the groom second from the left....

This is like the photo a non fundie mom would take of her son’s crew of childhood friends the morning after they all crashed at her house post prom. Depressing that it is from the wedding weekend of not just teenagers but incredibly sheltered, poorly educated teenagers at that. 

The kids in this photo should be trying to wheedle $25 out of their parents for pizza and batting cages. Meanwhile Justin is probably getting a weird house somewhere owned by his father in law so he can immediately start a neverending cycle of impregnating the man’s daughter despite having almost no way to independently support a family. It’s all so depressing. 

Edited by TeeMo
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Hilary's comment on Justin's picture-- "Thanks for treating her so well today"-- sounds like something you might say to the pet-sitter when you go to pick up your dog...

Raises interesting questions about how she expects a GROOM to treat his BRIDE on their fucking WEDDING DAY......

Seems to me treating your daughter well is what a mother in the 21st century expects from her daughter's new husband. And not at all something you have to thank him for. Obviously expectations are different in the antediluvian patriarchy these idiots live in. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

9 marriages in the family within 13 years, and 0 divorces.  A statistical anomaly to be sure, but they all seem pretty happy.  These two should be fine.  

They're not allowed to get divorced. They sign special legal spiritual marriage certificates that make it very hard to get away, and they've been taught their whole lives that divorce is a huge sin. Anna Duggar lived in the Duggar family dormitory for months and popped out another kid right on the baby-making schedule because she's brainwashed, and Josh is trapped by the outing of his sexual problems. I will never believe for a minute those two are happy.

Justin and Claire may be happy, or maybe not. By the time either of them figures out this was a mistake, there will be multiple babies involved, and they'll be trapped. With no education, they are fully under the control of their parents. And that's exactly how Jim Bob wants it. Jeremy and Derrick got away because they have an education. In this whole stupid family, they are the only two with college degrees, and they've managed to escape. Abbie might have a degree too. I think she was a nurse? She and John seem less involved in the show and social media, and they look happier for it. 

As for no divorces, my mother's friend is celebrating 50 years of a miserable marriage this April. I'm trying to help my mother figure out what the hell to write on the anniversary card. 

• Love 13

Justin just turned 18 in November, right?  If he had been allowed to go to school, he would be in the last half of his senior year.  That thought just is sad.  I can’t think of a single guy I went to school with who would have been mature enough to marry before they finished high school.  How sad to live such a sheltered life with such limited opportunities.  WTH is wrong with these parents?  I know there are couples who married/partnered young and have had successful marriages or partnerships, but these kids are never given any other choice.

• Love 21
On 2/27/2021 at 10:13 AM, BitterApple said:

If I didn't know the context, I'd say Justin was thirteen and Claire, early twenties. They look so mismatched and the ill-fitting suit doesn't help. Justin looks like he's playing dress-up in his dad's clothes. Claire looks very pretty. 

I can't explain why, but of all the Duggar marriages, this one is the most unsettling to me. There's just something about the Spiveys that's so....predatory. 

I don’t think Justin looks 13. I admit I’m a part of the “baby face, high pitched voice club” so I’m bias, but to me he looks between 16-18. Most 13yrs old boys haven’t hit their adult height yet (compared to many girls who have). 

Claire does have an interesting face where she can look older or younger due to how she styled herself. 

In those photos they look like a teen couple going to a formal dance, where the boy is just more baby faced. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

They're not allowed to get divorced. They sign special legal spiritual marriage certificates that make it very hard to get away, and they've been taught their whole lives that divorce is a huge sin. Anna Duggar lived in the Duggar family dormitory for months and popped out another kid right on the baby-making schedule because she's brainwashed, and Josh is trapped by the outing of his sexual problems. I will never believe for a minute those two are happy.

Justin and Claire may be happy, or maybe not. By the time either of them figures out this was a mistake, there will be multiple babies involved, and they'll be trapped. With no education, they are fully under the control of their parents. And that's exactly how Jim Bob wants it. Jeremy and Derrick got away because they have an education. In this whole stupid family, they are the only two with college degrees, and they've managed to escape. Abbie might have a degree too. I think she was a nurse? She and John seem less involved in the show and social media, and they look happier for it. 

As for no divorces, my mother's friend is celebrating 50 years of a miserable marriage this April. I'm trying to help my mother figure out what the hell to write on the anniversary card. 

There is nothing more illuminating about the nature of marriage under certain circumstances than listening to old widows talk about marriage, either specifically or in general. One such example was a few weeks after my cousin got married and an old family friend and her elderly (and always incredibly sweet) mom were at a family function of ours. We reminded the mom that cousin just got married, and she responded with, "Te casastes?! Aye, te jodiste." Loosely translated: "You got married?! Oh, you fucked yourself." After assurances that her husband was a good man, she said, "Sure, now." She then proceeded to offer advice, among them, don't have a lot of children (she herself had ten).

I swear I have so many examples of this. Visiting my grandmother at her assisted living facility and just listening in on her friend's conversations...whew.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21

Of course Lawson was there.  Does that guy ever do anything but travel and pose for pictures?  I think he gets one shift a month as a constable and he makes sure to take photos while on duty. 🙄

Maybe he is banking on Tiffy having a stash of cash from her childhood acting career. (Unless her parents frittered it away, which is sadly quite common).

I just don't see how he could support a wife and kids with his lifestyle.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

hilary does love to believe she is one of the "best friend" moms of the fundy crowd. Jase 20yr old Jase and 19yr old James - wisdom is not a word I would use there. so is she saying they are stupid and she and the other female brought wisdom? I am confused

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

So that means that Claire's mother and aunt were in her wedding party? She didn't have enough friends/ sisters/ cousins/ sisters-in-law to match up with Justin's eleventy-billion groomsmen, or Hilary insisted that she and her sister had to be front and center?

Jase 20yr old Jase and 19yr old James - wisdom is not a word I would use there. so is she saying they are stupid and she and the other female brought wisdom? I am confused

Now I'm wondering if Jason and James were the oldest members of the wedding party, along with Hilary and her sister? And everyone else was eighteen or under? Yikes... but makes sense with a child bride and groom, I guess.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 1

Imagine yourself as a teenager or young adult and being the target of this behavior from the parent of a friend. Or imagine if your spouse were treating young friends of your kids this way. 

I would have felt extremely uncomfortable and I was and am not a sheltered person. It edges over into creepy grooming type behavior and it gives me the creeps.

If it were “cool mom” bullshit, wouldn’t she be doing this with the girls? Her daughter and her daughter’s girlfriends?But no, it’s always young guys.

Of course, mileage varies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Imagine yourself as a teenager or young adult and being the target of this behavior from the parent of a friend. Or imagine if your spouse were treating young friends of your kids this way. 

I would have felt extremely uncomfortable and I was and am not a sheltered person. It edges over into creepy grooming type behavior and it gives me the creeps.

If it were “cool mom” bullshit, wouldn’t she be doing this with the girls? Her daughter and her daughter’s girlfriends?But no, it’s always young guys.

Of course, mileage varies.

"Cool mom bullshit"?

I don't think Claire has any famous female friends.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Cool mom bullshit"?

I don't think Claire has any famous female friends.

As far as I know, every single Duggar female from Jana to Josie (not to mention Michelle) was at that wedding. Don’t see Hilary’s interest in a single one of them. I do see her putting her arm around these boys though. All I can say is 👀

• Love 21