Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

It makes me so sad that they married off an eighteen-year-old boy. Is this the youngest Duggar marriage since Mullet herself? Weren't the youngest Duggar brides nineteen? 

Her hair looks especially pretty, and her dress is stylishly modest. Fundies, take note. Justin -- stop wearing Jim Bob's clothes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It looks like Claire has a modesty panel up by her collarbone. Odd, since the original neckline isn't that much lower. 

I don't know if it's a modesty panel or just a layered effect, like her sleeves. If it is a modesty panel, it's well done. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It makes me so sad that they married off an eighteen-year-old boy. Is this the youngest Duggar marriage since Mullet herself? Weren't the youngest Duggar brides nineteen? 

yes Justin is the youngest so far to get married in this generation.  Kendra and Lauren were barely 19. Kendra technically was a week younger than Lauren when she married.  Ben was almost 19 and a half. Joy was over 19 and a half. Josh and Anna were 20. 

I agree it's very sad. JB and Michelle are such lousy parents. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't know if it's a modesty panel or just a layered effect, like her sleeves. If it is a modesty panel, it's well done. 

We need a better look at the bodice. I also wonder how full the skirt is and how long the train? She definitely looks like a bride. He looks like her younger brother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Claire looks beautiful, although the dress looks too heavy to be short sleeved.

I really think they got married before Claire's birthday because of the age difference. So it didn't look like a 20 year old woman had a teenage groom. Something Jessa and Ben could not manipulate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Good thing she got married today. She'd be an old maid tomorrow. 

The chances of me getting married are slim, but I wouldn’t want my wedding anniversary so close to my birthday FOREVER. I want to celebrate my birthday on its own. 

8 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They look like kids going to prom, which is what they should be doing instead of getting married. 

I thought the same thing about Joe & Kendra- very cute together, and joyful, but looked like a prom photo. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's 20 tomorrow. 😁

They just had to place the wedding when they did so they could claim she's only a year older than he is, when in fact the difference is much closer to two years. Same obnoxious thing they did with Jessa and Bin. 

I don't care about the difference in the ages. But I hate people pulling idiot tricks so they can pretend that something's true when the truth is something else entirely. These asses are phonies and liars through and through while constantly posturing about their superior morality and their wisdom and good sense.

Constant shit for show. And for no good reason except their addiction to pretense. 

Happy weeks of inexpert screwing before the morning sickness kicks in, Claire. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22

At least this Duggar son has a father-in-law who appears to have some serious bucks, judging by the apparently successful Spivey construction company. Unlike Pa Keller, or Kendra's dad. I don't know about Lauren's family, they may have money. But her dad moved the whole family to Arkansas to hang out in the orbit of the Duggars. 

Hilaria Spivéy may be thirsty to stand in the Duggar spotlight - but so far her spouse hasn't picked up the fam and moved 'em to Arkansas. I wonder if Justin will become a wholly owned Spivey subsidiary or remain, like his brothers, an asset of Duggar Enterprises. 

Because, color me shocked if the kid strikes out on his own to build a life and support a family. He's embedded, but it will be mildly interesting to see in which family he becomes more rooted. As in, where he lives (AK or TX) and what kind of "work" he does to support his brood of babies born to fight in the Jesus army.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

I haven't loved most of the Duggar couples because of age (Joy, Kendra, Ben), personality (Lauren, Josh), short duration of the relationship (Jill), stupid comments (Jeremy) or lack of ability to support themselves (pretty much everybody). This is the first one to make me actively sad, though. My heart breaks for those two kiddos and their stunted opportunities.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

At least Claire took off the ugly glasses for the pictures. 

I’ve only seen a couple pictures of her with glasses, but the ones she was wearing are in style. (That doesn’t mean you can’t find them ugly, of course.)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4FF16076-C318-42CC-B6B8-907DC0B3AC88.jpeg

"Darling" is certainly the best qualification to have as you embark on a quarter century of nonstop procreation. 

Does Hilary view them as her dollhouse family, or what? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

They just had to place the wedding when they did so they could claim she's only a year older than he is, when in fact the difference is much closer to two years. Same obnoxious thing they did with Jessa and Bin. 

I can see the need to try to downplay the two year age gap given that, as pretty much everyone has noted, she looks as if she could easily be her mid-thirties, and he looks maybe 14.  Jeremy and Jinger look closer in age.

Of course, I also think that the wiser move here would have been to suggest that they wait until Justin was at least 20, preferably 24 or 25.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I can't wait to see what Michelle wore to this wedding....and another ill-fitting suit for Jim bob.

Maybe Jim Bob wore Justin's suit, and Justin wore Jim Bob's. We'll know if we see photos of Jim Bob wearing high water pants and a jacket that fails to hide his gut. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, quarks said:

I can see the need to try to downplay the two year age gap given that, as pretty much everyone has noted, she looks as if she could easily be her mid-thirties, and he looks maybe 14.  Jeremy and Jinger look closer in age.

Of course, I also think that the wiser move here would have been to suggest that they wait until Justin was at least 20, preferably 24 or 25.

She doesn't look anywhere near mid-thirties. She doesn't look like an infant like he does, but she certainly doesn't look old for her age. 

The comment about not being "forced" to wear a mask makes me sick. Let's hope none of the guests or bridal party is "forced" into the hospital and onto a ventilator, or worse. 

• Love 19

Did they lie in their registry about their wedding date or am I remembering things wrong?

Also, the evil part of me hopes everyone there who was maskless gets sick, selfish bastards. The good part of me doesn't wish that on the innocent people they would expose or the healthcare workers who would be forced to treat them. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

I’ve only seen a couple pictures of her with glasses, but the ones she was wearing are in style. (That doesn’t mean you can’t find them ugly, of course.)

Exactly -- she's not wearing old school Ma Keller glasses. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If I didn't know the context, I'd say Justin was thirteen and Claire, early twenties. They look so mismatched and the ill-fitting suit doesn't help. Justin looks like he's playing dress-up in his dad's clothes. Claire looks very pretty. 

I can't explain why, but of all the Duggar marriages, this one is the most unsettling to me. There's just something about the Spiveys that's so....predatory. 

I agree, as to their looks as to age, and that this match has produced a "ew" reaction that I didn't have to any other Duggarling matchup. Well, other than my general antipathy to Smugs and his spouse, which actually predated the scandals. But I don't recall I had any particular opinion about his marriage at the time except that I was disgusted but not surprised that Anna was carrying/rolling the luggage on their wedding trip instead of her manly studly pig of a husband.

• Love 9

My oldest son is almost 15. I can’t fathom in 3-4 years he’d be ready for marriage. But at least he’d have an education so he’s be better off than Justin.  Justin has zero life skills, job experience or education. But in their religion he’s now some head of the household. It’s a very sad and terrifying thought. They got married so they could Jesus blessed not great sex.

Her hair looks nice 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 19
54 minutes ago, Heathen said:

She doesn't look anywhere near mid-thirties. She doesn't look like an infant like he does, but she certainly doesn't look old for her age. 

The comment about not being "forced" to wear a mask makes me sick. Let's hope none of the guests or bridal party is "forced" into the hospital and onto a ventilator, or worse. 

Maybe the bride, groom and all 100 guests (who were all elderly and had serious health problems)  all got both vaccine shots and waited 2 weeks more to mingle.. ah, I highly doubt it.  I can't even get my vaccine til maybe April (and i have 1 comorbidity issue) which seems to be right.  These damn people.

• Love 15

Justin just turned 18 in November. He has no real education or job prospects.  How is this a good idea?  And more important, how are the bride's parent's ok with it?  Do they really want to support her forever?

If we knew they were going to hold off having babies for a few years it wouldn't be so sad, but we all know that won't be the case.

My daughter-in-law is 3 years older than my son, but they are in their 30's.  It really doesn't matter at that point.  The difference between 18 and 20 may as well be 10 years in terms of maturity and experience, though maybe less for these two given their sheltered upbringings.  

I just can't find anything good about this situation.

• Love 19
Just now, Ljohnson1987 said:

Kids getting married and having babies. Nothing new, but still ugh. Justin should be living the life of a man in his 20s. Married before he can even legally drink. 

He’ll have two kids before he could legally drink. It’s obscene. 

• Love 18

She really does look like Jana.

I don't like her hair but I like that it isn't loose.

14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

His face has a very feminine quality to it. He actually looks a lot like Josie.

All the Duggar boys have really soft faces that read feminine without facial hair. Not a single hint of facial bones among them.

• Love 17