Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E23: Head of Household #8, Nominations #8

Melina22
  • Start Topic

Cody hasn't bothered me at all this season but tonight during his conversation with Kevin he was visibly manipulative. He was trying so hard to gaslight Kevin only Kevin was not buying it. I'd love to have Kevin's reactions on a loop. Hilarious. At the same time, poor Kevin. No wonder he's been Eeyore. 

This should maybe be in the BB Fashion thread, but I adored Dani's grey ballet dress and Nicole's blue and silver dress. They looked adorable. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 5

I completely forgot to make fun of it on Thursday but thankfully tonight's episode had a continuation of eviction night sooo...

What the fuck was that dress Dani was wearing. From the ankles up, she looked like she was ready to dance in The Nutcracker. From the ankles down, though, oof. Those orange/wood clog things need to go. Candies shoes are so 1997. 

• LOL 5

The golf thing was driving me crazy because almost every single player got a great score and then got greedy and screwed it up on the next try!  They really drove me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Will:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 13
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What the fuck was that dress Dani was wearing. From the ankles up, she looked like she was ready to dance in The Nutcracker.

Talk about YMMV! (See my post above.) 😂😂😂😂

Have to agree on the shoes tho. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 3

Of course Cody Wins

Of course Kevin and David are put on the block

Of course a red herring is floated (Christmas)

This season is so by  rote that nothing short of a nuclear blast hitting Los Angelas could possibly shake up this game.

Kevin wonders how he got to this point...my answer is a failure of several people to coalesce around Kaysar and Janelle while there were still numbers to make a difference. This overwhelming alliance has positively killed this season, killed it dead! 

But good on Kevin not kissing Cody's ass...it was high time for Travolta-Lite to hear that the sun doesn't rise and set on him.

Tyler is making me hate Angela with the constant name dropping and I don't even know anything about her or even what she looks like. We get it...you're got a prime babe likely thanks to your fame and fortune after  your first BB. Now please let us all go the rest of our lives without hearing about Angela.

Did they not immediatly play the HOH after the Thursday night broadcast? I was trying to figure out if they digitally removed Davonne during the annoucement of the Replay Power being invoked.

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Tyler has no identity of his own anymore, does he?  It was kind of cringe-y when he said he was going to put the money right in Angela's pocket.  Not, "our pocket" or "our bank account", but just for Angela.  That kind of devotion seems  creepy to me.

We've reached the win/lose portion of this game.  From this point out, I'll be happy with whoever goes home and yet sad about whoever stays.  

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 14

Should have known David didn't win the way the edit was going for him. Wanted that for him. Would have been fine with X-Mas too (based on who she wanted to put up). Glad their alliance is starting to fall apart. I so hope Kevin finally gets sent out this week. What was that? He hasn't been good at all this season on TV. All he does is whine. Yeah he's been on the block how many weeks now, which explains part of that. I'm ready to get him off my screen. The only person I'm rooting now to win is David.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Tyler has no identity of his own anymore, does he?  It was kind of cringe-y when he said he was going to put the money right in Angela's pocket.  Not, "our pocket" or "our bank account", but just for Angela.  That kind of devotion seems  creepy to me.

Mother Angela is pleased. Or as close to pleased as she can be while also not showing a single shred of emotion. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

That was one of the stranger HoH convos I've ever seen. If you're just going to fan the flames and then say you don't give AF about the flames since you want to burn then fine, but it didn't seem like what he wanted out of that convo. He wasn't crying because he wanted to go upstairs and tell Cody off. I'd give him points if he stormed in (or even intended to storm in) to say 'I know you'll nominate me, kiss my ass.' I haaaaate Cody but he was right somehow the convo went to Kevin taking shots at him while almost breaking down. It was all so bizarre.

I hate her but I'm now fully rooting for Christmas since she may be the only hope to do something interesting.

Oh, and I'm wondering will the five grand go in the pocket Angela also keeps Tyler's balls, or the other pocket? Or maybe in her purse?

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Did I miss something? Why was Dr. Will nowhere to be seen? I thought he was moving in and there would be all sorts of highjinks with the HOH. What a pointless gimmick unless he’s back for Veto? I guess I’m mildly excited about the triple next week so there’s that. But this season is truly the worst and I’ve seen them all.

• Love 4

The best thing about last night's episode was showing the cracks in the alliance that are going to end up rupturing this week during the triple eviction on Thursday.  Will we lose Kevin, David, and one member of the alliance, or Kevin and 2 members of the alliance?  Either way, I'm fine with it. 

Having a season where almost everyone has pre-existing relationships and ready-made alliances was a bad idea.  I've loved BB since S1E1, but this season may rank down there with S9 as worst ever.

If Dr. Will shows up in the house wearing a suit with a red bowtie, I'll probably run screaming out of the room!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Kevin wonders how he got to this point...my answer is a failure of several people to coalesce around Kaysar and Janelle while there were still numbers to make a difference. This overwhelming alliance has positively killed this season, killed it dead! 

The problem is every single HOH has been won by a Committee member (Enzo is a Committee member even if it isn't official). The fact that the outsiders didn't ban together pretty much made no difference because they were all incapable of winning HOHs. The only way to have fixed this season honestly is if there had been like an America's HOH or a coup d'tat. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The problem is every single HOH has been won by a Committee member (Enzo is a Committee member even if it isn't official). The fact that the outsiders didn't ban together pretty much made no difference because they were all incapable of winning HOHs. The only way to have fixed this season honestly is if there had been like an America's HOH or a coup d'tat. 

Agree; the last time there was a rout this one-sided was... well, the last time Tyler and Bayleaf played.

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Agree; the last time there was a rout this one-sided was... well, the last time Tyler and Bayleaf played.

And even then, the non Level 6 alliance won HOH several times and even managed to get out 2 Level 6 members pre-jury. Post-jury, they made mistakes and/or were screwed by twists but they did manage to win 3 HOHs. 

This season was begging for an actual game-changing twist to break up the monotony and yet nothing. It surprises me even more since Janelle is probably the most popular player they've ever had but they didn't try to save her. Grodner really doesn't care unless her personal faves are in danger lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It really wouldn't have made a difference one way or another if Kevin hadn't talked to Cody at all, but I don't think he handled that very well. I'm all for saying "Here's my pitch: I know you are going to nominate me but if I am evicted and you make Final 2 you will not only lose my vote but I will work as hard as I can in the jury house to make sure you lose other votes too." Unfortunately Kevin just came off as a petulant child rather than someone just making a game move. That was really uncomfortable to watch, and Kevin looks like an old Mother Hubbard in that yellow shawl.

Tyler has no identity of his own anymore, does he?  It was kind of cringe-y when he said he was going to put the money right in Angela's pocket.  Not, "our pocket" or "our bank account", but just for Angela.  That kind of devotion seems  creepy to me.

It's weird, right? I'm all for supporting your girlfriend's business or whatever, but he wins 5K and says it immediately goes into Angela's pocket? Not her business? 

Yeah the whole thing has been so lopsided, and I can't even say all the competitions have been rigged to favor the alliance, although most of them did lean that way. This golf thing was more or less a crapshoot although it was another hand-eye coordination thing which again tends to favor men.

You know it's bad when Enzo is the sole voice of reason, by saying it's time to stop nominating the Kevins and the Davids and start making some real game moves. The problem is that Enzo is actively helping Cody win just like everybody else is. I don't get why they all seem to think it's a good idea to go to the final three with Cody.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
49 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's weird, right? I'm all for supporting your girlfriend's business or whatever, but he wins 5K and says it immediately goes into Angela's pocket? Not her business? 

Even weirder as it's their business together, so he could have said "The 5k will be great for our business!" Instead it goes right into her pocket. To shop with I guess?? It just was an odd way to phrase it that made him look really whipped.

I think everyone knew from the get-go that Cody would be at least in the final three so guaranteeing you'd be one of the other two was the mission. I mean, they've seen the show and who wins these things usually. Now everything has fallen together for exactly that to happen and everyone is just scrambling to be in that final three now. Sad.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, diana said:

Did I miss something? Why was Dr. Will nowhere to be seen? I thought he was moving in and there would be all sorts of highjinks with the HOH. What a pointless gimmick unless he’s back for Veto? I guess I’m mildly excited about the triple next week so there’s that. But this season is truly the worst and I’ve seen them all.

The odd thing, though, is that the Veto comp will be OTEV this week, so there's no easy way to shoehorn Dr. Will into that since OTEV is already the comp's host. I imagine that setting up the OTEV comp also puts the backyard out of commission for a good chunk of time given the size of the set and the water features, so again, where does Will as the backyard neighbor fit in?  Heck, how do "power or prizes" even fit in for OTEV when it's already a musical chairs scenario?  The 'neighbor week' twist is just so oddly placed when combined with their most defined competition (not that he would've had much to do during a Zingbot/maze comp, either). Since he wasn't on last night's episode and he likely won't be part of a veto comp that normally fills ~30% of the Wednesday episode, what's the point?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The problem is every single HOH has been won by a Committee member (Enzo is a Committee member even if it isn't official). The fact that the outsiders didn't ban together pretty much made no difference because they were all incapable of winning HOHs. 

The comps this season have definitely favored the more athletic types. I doubt that’s by coincidence. They easily could have given the less athletically gifted players a chance at HoH by having more Q&A comps, or comps that required more brainpower, like the spelling one. At least Cody won with a 2. If he had won with a 5 (Kevin’s rejected score) or higher, I would be shopping for a new TV today because my screen would have a shoe in it.

34 minutes ago, DrBriCa said:

Since he wasn't on last night's episode and he likely won't be part of a veto comp that normally fills ~30% of the Wednesday episode, what's the point?

I suspect they will be rolling out the animated corpse of Dr. Will for Thursday episodes only. Which is ironic, because those are live episodes and I think his appearances were probably taped weeks ago.

11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Oh, and I'm wondering will the five grand go in the pocket Angela also keeps Tyler's balls, or the other pocket? Or maybe in her purse?

If the sum pleases her, perhaps he’ll get an increase in his allowance.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Maya said:

Enzo tells Cody that Memphis has a second final three that includes Christmas, not Cody. So Cody’s first thought is to vote out Christmas. Not Memphis. 🙄

Exactly!   Just another reason for me to dismiss Cody's gameplay.  But not only is Cody feel entitled, Enzo doesn't even see anything wrong with this idea.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I completely forgot to make fun of it on Thursday but thankfully tonight's episode had a continuation of eviction night sooo...

What the fuck was that dress Dani was wearing. From the ankles up, she looked like she was ready to dance in The Nutcracker. From the ankles down, though, oof. Those orange/wood clog things need to go. Candies shoes are so 1997. 

LMFFAO 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I had 2 pairs of Candies wooden clog heeled shoes in 1997 to wear with my college graduation sundresses. Perfect for lawn parties... Le sigh 👡💃🏼🎉 Dani seems developmentally stuck at age 21.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

LMFFAO 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I had 2 pairs of Candies wooden clog heeled shoes in 1997 to wear with my college graduation sundresses. Perfect for lawn parties... Le sigh 👡💃🏼🎉 Dani seems developmentally stuck at age 21.

See, now y’all are talking something entirely out of my depth of experience; you say “Candies shoes” to me, and all I think is that it sounds like something Sugar Plum Fairy would be wearing when they came and hit the streets....

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Luckylondon said:

Oh my god, I had them around this year too.  Or maybe a knockoff brand.  I actually twisted my ankle.  Those shoes weren't for me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

See, now y’all are talking something entirely out of my depth of experience; you say “Candies shoes” to me, and all I think is that it sounds like something Sugar Plum Fairy would be wearing when they came and hit the streets....

Surely you remember the classy Jenny McCarthy on a toilet ad?

• Love 4
On 9/27/2020 at 10:49 PM, Maya said:

Enzo tells Cody that Memphis has a second final three that includes Christmas, not Cody. So Cody’s first thought is to vote out Christmas. Not Memphis. 🙄

Well imo, Memphis is such an asshole to the jury members they probably figure he’s easier to beat.