Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

After the decision show I will post exactly what I heard about Sam and Neil as well as the kind of source it came from (can't be too specific bc I don't want to get anybody in trouble).

If it turns out to be incorrect then either means someone intentionally lied or that there was some weird twist in Sam and Neil's relationship. I hope the spoiler was true.

• Love 2

It's possible that one of the couples stayed together at the six week stage but then broke up afterwards. Look at last season, two couples were forced oops I mean decided to stay married and then split afterwards.

I don't think any of these couples are still together. Sam is tweeting a lot inferring they are together but who knows, they may have developed a friendship.

It's very obvious the show is only showing the "good" side of Tres. And are portraying Vanessa as an abandoned jealous and insecure woman. I think there is more to the story than we are seeing. I remember falling for Ryan R last season just to find out he was not a nice guy at all. Vanessa seems to be a smart woman, there is more to this than they are showing.

• Love 4

I do understand that people are picking up on some subtle player vibes with Tres. However, more than once he gave Vanessa the opportunity to speak her mind and tell him what bothers her. Her response? She refuses to communicate with him and even admits she has to work on her communication skills. I don't mind Vanessa, in fact I like her, but for someone who doesn't have a bad bone in his body and has shown nothing but understanding and kindness so far, Tres gets quite the rough ride here. I think Vanessa is already head over heels for him and is kinda punishing him for emotinally not being at the same level with her. I do know this very well because I can see a lot of myself in Vanessa.

I do understand that people are picking up on some subtle player vibes with Tres. However, more than once he gave Vanessa the opportunity to speak her mind and tell him what bothers her. Her response? She refuses to communicate with him and even admits she has to work on her communication skills. I don't mind Vanessa, in fact I like her, but for someone who doesn't have a bad bone in his body and has shown nothing but understanding and kindness so far, Tres gets quite the rough ride here. I think Vanessa is already head over heels for him and is kinda punishing him for emotinally not being at the same level with her. I do know this very well because I can see a lot of myself in Vanessa.

• Love 2

BBDi - how cruel of a tease!!! I'm looking forward to knowing the dirt!!

I'm sorry bc I don't mean to build it up. All I heard was the outcome and the timing, and nothing about the emotions of either party. Unfortunately I don't think there's any chance I'll be able to ask follow up questions.

It will be interesting to see if this jives with what we see on the decision episode. Fwiw I could see them becoming good friends because Neil is so tolerant and she could finally realize what a good guy he is.

Now..JMO - I would prefer an African American - keyword Amercan - match than an Indian match cause I think their culture is very male dominated and just so different (religion, food, culture, etc). For example they expect wife to move in with hubby family and be with them a lot

I know, just look at Neil! He's been so dominating and pushy about his culture, forcing Sam to spend time with his parents... oh wait. 

• Love 11

If anyone is curious, here is the full list of Dr. L's fishbowl questions. There's 100 questions, but no way did Sam/Neil or David/Ashley have 100 questions in their bowl.

http://loganlevkoff.com/index.php/blog/post/dr._logans_fishbowl_questions

I glanced over that list and there are some questions no one should be asking their spouse every. I think most people could come up with questions on their own that are better then that junk if they wanted to do a fishbowl like that. Agree there was no way there was 100 questions in them. 

Sma is the type of coward that bullies weak/quiet people. i bet you she doesn't act the same wiht everyone, hence why she has a career. She just chooses to be a bitch to Neil. Because she can. 

Sam isn't going to just bully weak/quiet people. She will bully anyone and everyone she can. Its how people like her are. If someone stronger told her off she would throw a fit and act like a victim until they wore down. That is what people like her do. They don't care if the person is weak or strong because either way those kind of people will bully the others to til they are broken down to the point of no self esteem and doing what she wants always. No matter what with a job they can maintain them because they get by as best they can with those around them. If they have issues they may not take it out there but take it out at home or talk crap behind that person's back to other employees in such a way that those employees think the same thing. 

• Love 2

I glanced over that list and there are some questions no one should be asking their spouse ever

I noticed that there are actually a lot of more "friend" type questions too.  Things like what makes you happy/sad, what is your favorite song, who is the person you most admire.  And some romance (not sexual) questions like what is your idea of a romantic evening or what is your idea of romance.  

I'm wondering if the producers set up the massive Ashley/David fail by including only the sex related questions in their fishbowl.  I doubt Ashley would have minded answering some of the more tepid questions.

^^^^^Wait, so David texted one of Stashley's friends to ask her questions about Stashley? Not for a date? And Stashly is this mad? F her!!

I'd start talking ALL kinds of shit about her to the production crew until she came back, poison any future relationship, start giving away any family secrets too. Believe me, her ego would never let it go. She'd be back in the room in a second. He should NEVER have apologized - never lose frame, bro.

• Love 6

Poor, poor David.  Ashley's beginning to look like more of a psycho than Sam.  I'd be surprised if people didn't bash her on Social Media after seeing this episode, and she would deserve every minute of it.  She is so full of shit.  She thinks people can't see through her, but she's like friggin' Saran Wrap to me!  It's like an insult to the audience's intelligence with her!  She is table-turning big time here.  Responding as if it's what she says it is to make him the bad guy, not even listening to his explanation.  And she doesn't give a shit for him anyway so why would we buy that she's really upset?  Honestly, I have not disliked someone on this series so intensely as I dislike her.  And I really didn't like Sean or either Ryan last season very much either.....

• Love 8

im not going to go into detail about who my source is but he is someone that i worked with on another production in the past and he said sam and neil are still together i dont really care if im right or wrong im not really invested into the show but thats what i heard 

one thing ive been seeing that i didnt really see the first season is how hateful and mean the viewers have been im not calling anyone out in the blog but i see alot of people tweeting some mean stuff and thats going to effect casting because the people that would go on the show for the right reasons is going to be scared away

one peace of info i know for sure is sam and neil were a last min replacement couple they weren't suppose to be on the show

• Love 1

one thing ive been seeing that i didnt really see the first season is how hateful and mean the viewers have been im not calling anyone out in the blog but i see alot of people tweeting some mean stuff and thats going to effect casting because the people that would go on the show for the right reasons is going to be scared away

If tweeting mean things weeds out people like Sam and Ashley (plus Ryans, Davina and Sean), I'm all for it.

But no one would be at all insulting if the behavior didn't call for it. Few people are insulting Cortney because she's a likable person who was clearly on the show for (mostly) the right reasons. Same for Neil.

one peace of info i know for sure is sam and neil were a last min replacement couple they weren't suppose to be on the show

What happened with the original couple? Pepper mentioned 2 people dropping out but she never indicated that they had already been matched.

• Love 2

two people droped out they were married 3 weeks after the rest of the couples were married

i see alot of people hating on jamie for being involved with the show one thing people need to realize weather you like it or not jamie is the most famous person from this show so they are going to ride her until the wheels fall off

two people droped out they were married 3 weeks after the rest of the couples were married

i see alot of people hating on jamie for being involved with the show one thing people need to realize weather you like it or not jamie is the most famous person from this show so they are going to ride her until the wheels fall off

Since Ashley has complained abt editing on every episode, I wonder if your source can say anything abt Ash and David.

• Love 2

That would be really ironic if the "carefully selected" couple that backed out took one look at each other and ran, and last minute replacements Sam and Neil became one of their biggest successes.  You can't make this shit up, LOL.

• Love 6

The reason why people are more harsh on this season is because the cast is so horrible. In season 1 the worse people were Vaughn and Jaime. They were not that bad, and they both it a,good try. Sam and Mustache treat their men so poorly that people just can't take it.

The cast who complain about social media remind me of the actors who complain about the paparazzi. It comes with the territory. If you don't want to be attacked don't put yourself out there in the public eye and start acting crazy.

• Love 8

So David "asking some girl out for drinks" turned out to be nothing as expected. He only wanted some insight on his robot of a wife. Ashley's acting like someone who has a closet full of skeletons. We've seen everyone else have conversations with their spouse's friends/family, but David never got the chance, because Ashley's friends and family are nowhere to be seen. I feel for the guy, he married a stranger and a month later he still has no idea who she is. She is just a shady individual.

• Love 11

If the peview of David and Ashley is true, Ashely is mad at David for asking one of her friends to join him to discuss her.  Now we know how she got the message. . She called him a liar and wouldnt want to be married to someone she cant trust.

He was trying to find out about her!  With her friend!  This is her way out.  She has not taken the opportunity to make this work. She has said he was not her type, and that her choices were not always the best.  She said she was willing to go outside of her box and find happiness and marriage.  WELL, I don't buy it.  She wouldn't kiss him on the cheek for the wedding pictures, would not have conversations to get to know each other during the honeymoon. wouldn't respond to his questions at home. Couldn't tell him he wasn't her type and had Dr C do it. He was told not to touch her. She even pulled away when he tried to comfort her during the Dr C visit.  Even though the pictures of the party show her interacting with others and David was in the room, she was upset that he left her alone.   Now she says she cant be married to someone she cant trust.  She wanted this to work!! (In what universe)  

She is just about the worst contestant on this show.  Now she will consider herself vindicated and think she is getting out gracefully. She is missing out on something that could be wonderful.

I was hoping that she would pick staying together at the decision day.  Stating that he seems to be a great guy and she wants to try to stay married away from the cameras.  No I hope she doesn't.

• Love 9

So David "asking some girl out for drinks" turned out to be nothing as expected. He only wanted some insight on his robot of a wife. Ashley's acting like someone who has a closet full of skeletons. We've seen everyone else have conversations with their spouse's friends/family, but David never got the chance, because Ashley's friends and family are nowhere to be seen. I feel for the guy, he married a stranger and a month later he still has no idea who she is. She is just a shady individual.

I agree, she is the one who is hiding something big-time.  All of the reacting as if David is the one who is wrong is just a smoke-screen to deflect the attention and the blame away from herself.  Too bad it's not working.  I wouldn't be surprised if what some have theorized here about her still having unfinished business with the old boyfriend is the truth.  It would make sense out of EVERYTHING with her.  It's almost like she's saving herself and attempting to sanitize her interactions with David for someone in particular and doesn't want to look like she lead David on on camera or they might see it.  But she didn't want to back out either for her 15 minutes of fame and to not break the contract.  Perhaps one reason production is not going out of its way to make her look bad is because they are the ones who reminded her of potential repercussions if she breaks the contract after marrying him and doesn't fulfill her 6 weeks.  She may have actually wanted to bail before this but feels forced into it.

• Love 5

I wouldn't be surprised if what some have theorized here about her still having unfinished business with the old boyfriend is the truth.  It would make sense out of EVERYTHING with her.  It's almost like she's saving herself and attempting to sanitize her interactions with David for someone in particular and doesn't want to look like she lead David on on camera or they might see it.  

David is still going to have the same problem of having zero idea about how to approach a woman for sex, but I was one who said a while back that Ashley is still hung up on Mr. Nine-Years. I wouldn't be surprised if she did the show largely in a fit of desperation to either move on or make him jealous - or both - and he may well have called at the last minute asking her not to do the show. But by then it was too late, so yes, as you said, she sure doesn't want it to look like there was anything at all between her and David.

I'm betting that that will prove to be the case. If it's true, David's kinda the ultimate rebound guy, but he might not be the first on this Show and probably won't be the last.

I noticed that the Show made a point of having Ashley say that her longest previous relationship was with Mr. NIne-Years. In fact, it was one of the few questions that she actually answered for David - he asked it while they were sitting in the lounge chairs at the Arizona resort. Strange how she was okay with that question, but apparently not with any others.

Did any of the other participants talk about their other relationships? I don't remember much - Neil had the ex-GF who was at his wedding, and Tres just dated a lot - 

• Love 3

First season Jaimie is still hung up on her boyfriend and she has admitted this in the first year show.  There were rumors that she was still dating him when she went on her Bachelor shows and only does the relationship shows for the fame whore factor.  Her ex boyfriend (who is now dating someone else) wrote the wedding song she and Doug danced to at their reception.

So, if Jamie did this, there is a good chance Ashley is into someone else and came on the show for other reasons.

• Love 6

I defended Ashley a lot, because I find David way too pushy. But her arguing he could have asked her instead is just ridiculuous. Past behavior is the best predictor for future behavior and she never allowed David anything like a real convo. I didn't know she was that pathetic.

• Love 6

im not going to go into detail about who my source is but he is someone that i worked with on another production in the past and he said sam and neil are still together i dont really care if im right or wrong im not really invested into the show but thats what i heard

Wow such a bummer that my spoiler might not have been correct. I've been confident all along that they weren't staying together. But now I can imagibe a scenario where an associate of Sam/Neil (I still don't want to say which side the info came from) was told to tell people they divorced when they didn't. Hmmm.

I actually don't hate Sam as much as many people do - so would be ik with this outcome if she started treating him like a human being.

• Love 1

I noticed that there are actually a lot of more "friend" type questions too.  Things like what makes you happy/sad, what is your favorite song, who is the person you most admire.  And some romance (not sexual) questions like what is your idea of a romantic evening or what is your idea of romance.  

I'm wondering if the producers set up the massive Ashley/David fail by including only the sex related questions in their fishbowl.  I doubt Ashley would have minded answering some of the more tepid questions.

Even if they were friend like questions, I doubt Ashley would have answered those. I doubt she would answer what her favorite color was. She just hasn't wanted a thing to do with David and made it clear she didn't want to even try to be friends at the very least of things. She is just pathetic and trying to twist and turn everything to be David's fault for her crap. She needs space and wanted to be married...HA!!! She is so fake and there is no issue with her other then she didn't want David because he didn't look her type like she wanted. She has no social issues (shy, introvert, whatever you want to call them). She was the one raising her voice in that scene and acting like he did everything wrong. Saying he wasn't talking to her like he was a grown man as she was raising her voice and walking away was hypocritical of herself. He has tried how many times to get to know her since they were married and she wouldn't talk to him at all. She wouldn't say anything. Trying to get help from her friend(s) is the last step in trying to I would think at this point in this situation. UGH 

First, these people that go on this show or any other reality show know in this day and age that if they act like asses they will be called out for it on forums and in social media. I think no matter what there will always be those that will happily join up for their 15 minutes of fame. Heck some of those that sign up probably thrive on the negative comments (Sam). It can put them even in more of the spotlight because of it. And I don't know how many times now we have seen posts here saying they know someone in production or that knows whatever couple and they are or aren't together. I just know that I hope that Neil and Sam really are not together because she is such a HORRIBLE NASTY person. He will just end up a shell of himself.  

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 3

Where's the truth? David clearly states in the interview that none of Ashley's friends came to the 4th of July party, but Ashley tweeted that her friends didn't make the cut?

Someone is lying. And I think it's Ashley. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 8

Where's the truth? David clearly states in the interview that none of Ashley's friends came to the 4th of July party, but Ashley tweeted that her friends didn't make the cut?

Someone is lying. And I think it's Ashley.

I also think Ashley is lying. A blogger privately asked David last week and he said Ashley's friends came the next day. I don't know why Ashley lied.. She is forcing his hand by her SM conduct.

Ever since Ashley's friend, Ashley Houser started referring people on maf facebook page to google to find the gossip abt David on the first episode, I have been suspicious of Ashley and her crew.

BTW Ashley stopped following David on twitter.

• Love 8

I have a very strong suspicion that all the nasty rumors we heard about David before this season began were started by Ashley's "people".  I do not understand why they feel the need to destroy David's integrity in order to make Ashley look good?

• Love 13

I have a very strong suspicion that all the nasty rumors we heard about David before this season began were started by Ashley's "people".  I do not understand why they feel the need to destroy David's integrity in order to make Ashley look good?

There is literally no other way to make her look good.

I bet the reason she freaks out about David talking to her friend is because she thinks the friend might spill it regarding 9 year man. I get nervous when my girlfriends are talking to my best friend - the dude's known me since high school (including college and the fraternity years), he could tell some stories that would scare off anyone. Plus, he's known to get drunk and start rambling...and that goofy bastard can't keep a secret completely sober!

Everything about her reaction indicates she has something to hide - something big. I'd laugh if, after the show, she goes running back to 9 year, who uses her for sex for a few months and dumps her again.

• Love 11

I was hoping the T&V make it, a little for D&A, and not S&N.  There was a line in the Knot article where David says he ccan text Tres at anytime and he will be there.  Doesnt sound like Tres is with Vanessa.

Ashley, Ashley...  I cant think of anything nice to say about her

• Love 2

How else could they make her look good. 

Nothing would make her look good. I think she has done a good job on her own of making herself look bad but then through on all the stuff from SM and its WAY worse. I agree that she probably was freaking out that her friend would spill some truths on the situation and she couldn't handle it since it would make her look even worse...if its possible. 

He shouldn't have let them talk him into it.

Agree with this too. Going to a family members grave like that would be very emotional for anyone and them having to film it was just disgusting. That should have been a private matter for him and if he wanted to discuss it later on camera then fine but he shouldn't have let them happen. 

• Love 4

I feel sorry for David But this is so wrong. And I'm over the whole 'my wife' thing. At this point, it's phony. She is someone you've met on television. She is as much your wife as I'm Ryan Gosling's wife. There is no shared history, no relationship and no friendship. Let it go, dude.

• Love 3
We had to know if Norton has ever wished the Married at First Sight experts had matched him with someone else. “No, not at all!” he is quick to reply. “I trust the experts, and I trust the process. My feelings are – if we can get through these six weeks and figure it out – well then, we are going to be able to get through anything.

Looks like David got the memo.  If you bash the experts, like Davina did, you are closed off from all future money and fame making opportunities from the show.

That, or David was really sprung on Ashley.  He says it hurts him when people bash her on social media.  He realizes that she has no problem making him look like an asshole for her own benefit, right?

• Love 1

Looks like David got the memo. If you bash the experts, like Davina did, you are closed off from all future money and fame making opportunities from the show.

That, or David was really sprung on Ashley. He says it hurts him when people bash her on social media. He realizes that she has no problem making him look like an asshole for her own benefit, right?

He did follow the statement up with my favorite line in the interview.

'It seems hypocritical to complain about negative posts, and then turn around and post something negative and cryptic. Like I said, it is confusing and hurtful. I know in my heart that I did the best I could and backed up the words I said with my actions, and hopefully that is apparent to everyone else.”

• Love 8

I feel sorry for David But this is so wrong. And I'm over the whole 'my wife' thing. At this point, it's phony. She is someone you've met on television. She is as much your wife as I'm Ryan Gosling's wife. There is no shared history, no relationship and no friendship. Let it go, dude.

Sadly you can thank the stupid people doing the editing on this show and the producers and so on for all that junk over and over again thrown in. 

Looks like David got the memo.  If you bash the experts, like Davina did, you are closed off from all future money and fame making opportunities from the show.

That, or David was really sprung on Ashley.  He says it hurts him when people bash her on social media.  He realizes that she has no problem making him look like an asshole for her own benefit, right?

I'd bet he is just trying to get through this whole thing and the interviews without saying what he make really like to. I can imagine the contracts they sign have stipulations in them on how they have to maintain things until the show is over completely. Which has to suck for those that want to come out and scream how they got screwed over on their matches. 

• Love 3

Ughh i really want Tres & Vanessa to make it but some of the signs aren't looking so well. Why was Vanessa thirsting after Michael B. Jordan this morning lmao. If they aren't together, I wonder what happened.

She was? To me that just means she has eyes...

Because, sadly that's what people who have no actual defense do to not have to admit to that.

Boy, I'm so glad I checked the thread before the episode airs, I have a few minutes to prepare for the WTF-ery

• Love 4