Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

These "experts" had one fucking job. Shame they dropped the ball after such a successful first season. We knew this dude had abuser vibes when he flipped her off the jetski during the honeymoon to show "affection". He showed signs early and no one stepped in. They encouraged her to trust the process and remain married to this abuser. Now he's threatening her and her family's life. Poor Jessica. 

• Love 5

I think it might be really hard to win a law suit against the show. I'm sure the contract they signed covers the network's behind. Now the network might settle a law suit to make it "go away" but likely not for big money.

But what do I know??

I'm no lawyer, but I have heard that "criminal activity invalidates any contract." It could be that if Jessica can show that the network recklessly endangered her by MARRYING her to RyanD-Bag, she might have a case. Might.

I can't wait for Gloria Allred to show up.

• Love 2

When I saw him throwing the swans on the floor, speeding on the jet ski and dumping her in the water I said what a loser!

Yep, first he kills off the towel swans and he is threating people. Capital THUG.

• Love 1

I just read the Post article. It's unfortunate that this isn't a shock. If the first threat was back in March, I wonder if they hadn't filmed the TH's yet? If Jessica wanted to file then (I'm just speculating), but maybe A&E told her not too because that would give away some of the "ending", which I'm sure would put her in violation of any confidentiality contract she may have signed, maybe she was put in a situation where she could possibly be sued by A&E or have to put up with Ryan. Considering the divorce was coming and other legal issues, maybe she needed to not lose the money from the show in order to be able to afford the legal action. If A&E did put the ending of the show before her safety, she absolutely has a right to sue. In the Post article a Spokesperson for the show said "Unfortunately, these people can go through real divorces and divorces can be complicated." They shouldn't have said anything instead of that. Yeah a lot of divorces are complicated, who gets the house, the dog, all complications. Death threats are not a "complication", it's not too be expected in a divorce or at any time in a relationship.

I've seen the reports that Ryan apparently said something while not knowing his Mic was on. I wonder what the show is thinking about that coming too light. The show looks bad enough right now, airing it may be fueling the fire. I wonder if the other cast members heard it? Is that why it's come out now, or is Jessica no longer under contract now that the reunion is filmed, so she's filing before it airs as an F U to the show?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the experts are screwed no matter what defense they try to pull.  If they are forced to admit total responsibility based on interview comments that's just as bad as if they claimed production pushed them to compromise their standards.  The producers could claim they never expected the "experts" to take total responsibility and they insisted on it for their own reasons.  It may be written down that way too.  Plus, the experts are the ones with professional reputations that will be completely wrecked after this.  Producers of reality shows I think are expected to create drama and sign up train wrecks to their shows.  Not that they couldn't be sued too and found responsible.  But a psychologist's professional reputation is everything.

I never saw Ryan as an abuser, what I saw was a wannabe gangster, the kind who wears his pants low, his hat turned sideways, but who would run if they ran into a real gangster, in other words, an immature little boy.  I think Ryan R never wanted to leave home and I think Sean hasn't finished being a player.  If that's true and the experts knew the men really didn't want to get married, what did they think would happen?  Did they think the men would just fall in love and magic would happen? 

Yes, I saw him that way too, but the extent of it I couldn't necessarily predict.  I always thought there was more to the interaction between him and Jessica than the show was letting us see but I didn't want to go all the way to assert that what I saw meant he was not just immature behavior but also abusive bastard behavior too.  Although it does sort-of go with the gangsta territory, doesn't it?  I saw him as an MCP (male chauvanist pig) with an anger problem, but all the way up to and including death threats?  I didn't think it necessarily would follow - But again, not completely outside the territory.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
(edited)

This show may be too low brow for Gloria Allred at first glance.  She may perk up at the notion that she could influence all reality shows and their treatment of women but I am not sure there are any that so blatantly disregard safety.  But still, I don't think this will interest her.  She would take much of any money won so Jessica would have to be doing on principal only.  Which is okay.  I, too, am sick of our litigious society but sometimes suing makes total sense.  

I am sure this hoopla has alerted the narcs enough to check him out.  A user eventually leads to a dealer and a small street corner dealer can lead to the bigger one and on it goes.  Easy to do, all they need is an attractive agent to cozy up to him, feigning no knowledge of MAFS.   

ETA:  Jessica will probably not have to pay her lawyer.  I think he sees some money in suing a network.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I thought it always two hours in one night?

I swear last time I looked

Part 1 was 9pm 16th June followed by a repeat

Part 2 was 9pm 23rd June followed by a repeat

It is now showing there is no MAFS on the23rd

Re: that Post article - Mr. Rapaport doesn't have to suspect that the show's executives knew about De Nino's volatile nature.  He will know it when he sees Cilona's comments on that baby board admitting that they knew about his temper.  If they knew and it was out in public the executives would be expected to know too.  I hope someone has screen shotted those posts and sent them to him.

• Love 4
(edited)

I believe the insider information.  It is reflected in the SM postings from Davina, Jessica and to a lesser degree Jacklyn.  Too much rings true to ignore.  And where is the fun in discounting the spoilers?  I refuse to be mature on the topic reality TV!  

Believe me.. I"m with you all the way!  I love the insider stuff, esp. when it confirms my suspicions.  I had a million of them myself as well as many 'JMO's"  and posted them here with glee.  That what's so fun about the forum.

My "just the facts" post was me taking a moment to make sure I wasn't falling headlong down the garden path of mistaking my own suspicions as fact. and unsubstantiated info as fact.  

A "reality check" if you will...LOL LOL

The insider info fit to a tee.. and so far it is all checking out.   It's all very sad   but quite delicious.

Edited by seasick
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't think any of it is sad and I bet the women participants don't either.  They are getting vindication and astounding support from thousands!  Well, RyanD might be a little sad.  LOL! 

Sean is in hiding but not from sadness, from regret and horror!   RyanR is in his basement, so he is okay so maybe a little sad.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

If Jessica wanted to file then (I'm just speculating), but maybe A&E told her not too because that would give away some of the "ending", which I'm sure would put her in violation of any confidentiality contract she may have signed, maybe she was put in a situation where she could possibly be sued by A&E or have to put up with Ryan.

A&E Sues Jessica Castro For 5 Million Because Of Her Refusal To Keep Death Threats Secret

I don't think they want to see that headline anywhere.

• Love 5

My DISH schedule on the DVR shows part one airing followed by a repeat of the same show....not a different show. I guess we'll find out tonight.

TWC shows the same. If anyone was planning on DVRing, it's probably best to record whatever it calls the show after just in case. I wouldn't want anyone to miss it. 

I'm actually glad they're doing this. If my "it's going to be 45 min of filler in each show" is correct, this will at least get it over with faster. 

• Love 2
(edited)

A&E Sues Jessica Castro For 5 Million Because Of Her Refusal To Keep Death Threats Secret

I don't think they want to see that headline anywhere.

But I would love to see the headline

A&E Sues Ryan DeNinio For 5 Million Because Of His Refusal To Keep protection Order Secret

If that douche hadn't of posted this it would have been gossip and back page news, really he did us all a favor shooting himself in the foot as now the network and experts might be held accountable

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 6

My DISH schedule on the DVR shows part one airing followed by a repeat of the same show....not a different show. I guess we'll find out tonight.

DIRECTV has two different shows back to back.   Whoo hoo!  They usually get things right.  

(edited)

My cable (Fios) is showing FYI is airing Part 1 and then that Arranged show but A&E is showing Parts 1 and 2. FYI doesn't have an extended hour like they did all season.

I'm thinking A&E will offer Jessica a settlement to save face/prevent more headlines.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

If they offer Jessica a settlement, I bet they get the checkbook out for Davina & Jaclyn too.  And then they'll trot out season 1's "happy" couples and see how quickly this season is forgotten.

• Love 1
If that douche hadn't of posted this it would have been gossip and back page news, really he did us all a favor shooting himself in the foot as now the network and experts might be held accountable

When he posted it, didn't he make some comment about how it wouldn't be explained until the reunion show aired?  He acted as if he thought the public would find out it was a ruse or something based on info. that comes out during the reunion.  I don't know how he could possibly think that given all that we have now heard.  Plus we all suspect the show will sanitize whatever we see, so what he thinks will be proven is beyond me.  What a dirtbag and an idiot!

My cable (Fios) is showing FYI is airing Part 1 and then that Arranged show but A&E is showing Parts 1 and 2. FYI doesn't have an extended hour like they did all season.

I'm thinking A&E will offer Jessica a settlement to save face/prevent more headlines.

According to the FYI website the Arranged Couples Meet has been pushed to next week 23rd June and been replaced with MAFS Part 2 6 months later

When he posted it, didn't he make some comment about how it wouldn't be explained until the reunion show aired?  He acted as if he thought the public would find out it was a ruse or something based on info. that comes out during the reunion.  I don't know how he could possibly think that given all that we have now heard.  Plus we all suspect the show will sanitize whatever we see, so what he thinks will be proven is beyond me.  What a dirtbag and an idiot!

Yeah there was some crap of it would all be explained but I don't see how he thought that after watching him on the show people would think he was some innocent lamb

Having said that the amount of comments on that pic telling him he is awesome and they would date him etc etc makes me ill

• Love 3

Comcast is showing the same thing - 2 one hour programs parts 1 & 2 on A&E back to back.

If A&E airs any of it they might as well craft a new slogan for themselves:

"Even our lawyers aren't real."

If A&E airs any of it they might as well craft a new slogan for themselves:

"Even our lawyers aren't real."

• Love 2

Yep, so we need to watch on A&E tonight to get both Part 1 and Part 2 but will get 15 min less of each.

Here is the FiOS description for Part 2

"Jessica and Ryan try to put the past behind them; Jaclyn and Ryan R discuss married life"

Yeah, good luck with that!

:

(edited)

The FYI site is showing that the Arranged Couples meet has been pushed to June 23rd 9pm followed by an unseen footage episode at 10pm and MAFS 6 months later part 2 is now showing at 10pm June 16th right after part 1 at 9pm

Does anybody else suspect that Part 1 finishes with Ryan D throwing his tanty and they now do not want to leave it like that so people won't speculate for a week about it. Just a hunch they love their drama this year.

Edited by crazychicken

Posting this here for those who might not see my post in the Reunion thread itself - since we now know the Reunion is airing in its entirety tonight, the thread for that has been edited to have both episode titles, and I've set it to unlock at 11pm EST, after both parts have aired.  Please don't live-chat in here during the show - save your sure-to-be amazing thoughts for the reunion thread itself :)

And yes, definitely set your DVRs to record whatever is afterward, because I doubt all of the cable companies will catch up in time.  

(edited)

Having said that the amount of comments on that pic telling him he is awesome and they would date him etc etc makes me ill

All the weirdos always come out of the wood work for creeps like him. I'm sure there will be groupies saying they want to marry him.

Maybe there can be a new show "Married at First Prison Sentence" and he can get married again from prison. Jo Jo can be the best man. He been in prison!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

I've been glued to these boards over the past few days but have been so dumbfounded that I've been at a loss for words.

Clearly we all saw through the bullshit from the start -- we could tell there was something "off" about all of these couples but I never would have guessed it was this serious.  I know I've snarked on her in the past but I feel so bad for Jessica, she seems like such a sweet soul and it kills me that she's been made to go through what I can only imagine was a terrifying ordeal.  Nobody should have to put up with that, especially not for a reality show!

If there's any silver lining to this, maybe it will bring about some greater scrutiny when it comes to screening participants for shows like these.  Or maybe I'm being overly idealistic, who knows.

• Love 7

Ryan D. is stealing Sean's thunder as biggest asshat of the season.

Well, there's asshats and then there's death threats . . . just sayin'.

And I, for one, cannot wait for the "experts" to get ripped apart for saying they knew RyanD-Bag had a bad temper and an anger problem, and still let him on the show. It's all over the Internetz - too late to take it back now.

• Love 2

All the weirdos always come out of the wood work for creeps like him. I'm sure there will be groupies saying they want to marry him.

Maybe there can be a new show "Married at First Prison Sentence" and he can get married again from prison. Jo Jo can be the best man. He been in prison!

Hey, I'd watch that!

And on the other side of the same coin, I'll be the women are getting a lot of attention from men online, too. Maybe, just maybe, they will actually find a husband that way. It couldn't be any stranger than marrying at first sight, could it? They could think of the show as one big dating video. I want to see that in followup!

Oh yeah, they need to shut her and her lawyer up fast. The last thing they need are them going on all the talk shows.  As for Davina and Jaclyn, might be harder for them to get any money. I'm sure the contract doesn't state that the network has to interview xx number of candidates/matches. They can probably BS their way around saying Davani and Sean had the same values, blah. blah, blah and the same for Jac and Ryan.

But since all three were duped, they might give some payout to Davani and Jac to keep them quiet. Not sure if they have much beyond "they paired us up with losers".

Maybe more for Davani if Sean was really still on probation and shouldn't have been on the show!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, there's asshats and then there's death threats . . . just sayin'.

And I, for one, cannot wait for the "experts" to get ripped apart for saying they knew RyanD-Bag had a bad temper and an anger problem, and still let him on the show. It's all over the Internetz - too late to take it back now.

Dr C had already deleted the worse post about Ryan's temper, I quoted it here in the experts thread but it is no longer on the other forum and all the references to it just show 'post not available' wish I had of screen capped it.

Wow I know where it should be in the forum, but it looks like they have gone into protection mode all posts quoting it were edited 4-6 hours ago starting with Wenders

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a55825153/married_at_first_sight_season_two?cpg=50

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 1
Maybe more for Davani if Sean was really still on probation and shouldn't have been on the show!!!

I read on that other board that he may have acted like he didn't want to move to Manhattan because he would have been in violation of his parole for the DUI by doing so.  He may not have been allowed to move over state lines.  That's an interesting theory I haven't seen voiced anywhere else.

• Love 4
(edited)

What would Jessica sue for?  Would it be for fraud?  Could she say that the producers knew she was in trouble but didn't do anything?  I hope she kept records of everything.  

Edited by Neurochick

read on that other board that he may have acted like he didn't want to move to Manhattan because he would have been in violation of his parole for the DUI by doing so.  He may not have been allowed to move over state lines.

Interesting. He was arrested in June  2013 and let's say convicted in Dec 2013 (6 months later.) So if he was on probation for one year, that would have been up in Dec 2014. So all this moving in together was in Jan 2015 and he could have been off probation by then.

I think the bottom line is if Davina was Angelina Jolie and Sean was Brad Pitt ( just having an example here!)and they really wanted each other, he would have moved. They would have been together no matter what!

Because they had no desire for each other, he is going to stay put and make no effort.

• Love 2

I read on that other board that he may have acted like he didn't want to move to Manhattan because he would have been in violation of his parole for the DUI by doing so.  He may not have been allowed to move over state lines.  That's an interesting theory I haven't seen voiced anywhere else.

That puts a new spin on not moving, while his record is public I have no idea what some of the annotations mean

MIne too. I hope I don't miss anything, although I don't doubt we'll be treated to a bunch of filler BS we've seen all season; like Jac came on too strong, Jessica doesn't speak up, and Davina was too demanding for poor, sweet Sean.

You are a genius I just had a thought on what the annotation could mean

• Love 2

So much for background checks.

• Love 1

Dr C had already deleted the worse post about Ryan's temper, I quoted it here in the experts thread but it is no longer on the other forum and all the references to it just show 'post not available' wish I had of screen capped it.

Wow I know where it should be in the forum, but it looks like they have gone into protection mode all posts quoting it were edited 4-6 hours ago starting with Wenders

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a55825153/married_at_first_sight_season_two?cpg=50

Here's a reference to Ryan's temper that's still there, 2nd post down (still there as of posting):

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a55825153/married_at_first_sight_season_two?cpg=48