Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Erik looks better with the new nose.    

Maybe I am a female version of Jacob without the quirks and 80's fixation...I just like a guy with a big nose.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I like the 'before' Erik, but at least it wasn't a huge change.  I think if VA lived a cleaner lifestyle her skin would smooth out & she'd look just as good, in her own way of course. They have similar features - large brown eyes & long brown hair.  Maybe that's his type.  I do wonder why he would do a show like this, though. Maybe when his ex remarried he was feeling insecure.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I like the 'before' Erik, but at least it wasn't a huge change.  I think if VA lived a cleaner lifestyle her skin would smooth out & she'd look just as good, in her own way of course. They have similar features - large brown eyes & long brown hair.  Maybe that's his type.  I do wonder why he would do a show like this, though. Maybe when his ex remarried he was feeling insecure.

If Virginia would put down the glass once in a while she would look much better. She is a cute girl.

• Love 4
On 3/17/2021 at 10:20 AM, Ilovepie said:

But why? Why does this third party need to be there? Doesn't this show already pay three dumbasses experts? I am so sick of this Chris and Paige situation that has hijacked the entire show this season. Pastor Dwight and Mercedes have become the third and fourth members of this couple and the whole thing is a three ringed circus now. What a joke. It makes me long for the days of Heather and Derek having one short sit down, definitively splitting and going their own separate ways.........

I smell something awful on the wind....like a spinoff show.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, eyelash said:

I smell something awful on the wind....like a spinoff show.

Ain't no way Pastor Cal is going to let someone else horn in on his golden goose - aka every spin off coming from this show. Have you not seen the commercials for the new Unmatchables show coming to your living room in a few weeks? 😜

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

MAFSfan is reporting that Shawniece and Jephte have split. Maybe someone smarter than me can add a link.....

Why am I not surprised.   When I watched the evolution of their marriage it was like both of them were essentially miserable with brief respites of a "honeymoon period" where harmony prevailed.  I did not see their marriage enduring and appreciate the fact that both of them are such devoted and loving parents to Laura.  Hope there wasn't a "third party" involved.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Why am I not surprised.   When I watched the evolution of their marriage it was like both of them were essentially miserable with brief respites of a "honeymoon period" where harmony prevailed.  I did not see their marriage enduring and appreciate the fact that both of them are such devoted and loving parents to Laura.  Hope there wasn't a "third party" involved.

Same. Shawniece’s tweets were very ambiguous. 
It’s just sad though after last season where he gave her the ring. I was hopeful they had turned a corner, but I guess not. 

• Love 5
On 3/31/2021 at 12:52 PM, essexjan said:

The picture on the left is not Erik. Look at the ears. I can't place it exactly, but it's a screenshot from a TV fantasy/historical drama, possibly GoT.

That does not look like the same person whatsoever . 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Not surprised either, & having seen some of Shawniece’s posts she doesn’t seem to be doing well. I know she’s dramatic but I feel bad for her & Laura. She was always more invested while Jephte only stayed for the baby. 

• Love 8
On 3/22/2021 at 6:16 PM, Kira53 said:

It's not enough money for Paige to just be doing it for the money. She can still get the money anyway as long as she allows them to film her she doesn't actually have to meet with the idiot. She still doesn't want to fail, she thinks God has her in this to help Chris or make Chris better.Her version of Christianity is "that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle."  Involved in a toxic Christianity mindset. And she's really desperate to be a mother and be married. I've worked late with many women who are easy to manipulate because they themselves don't consider lying.  

I don't think that Chris is doing it for the money because he can also get the money by allowing himself to be filmed without meeting with Paige.  Chris's in it because he loves manipulating people and Paige is so easy to manipulate. Presses in it because lying comes natural to him and he's so dumb he thinks that people can't see that he is lying.  And he's the kind of person, like a Trump, as long as you're talking about him he's happy. He's delusional enough to believe that somehow he's going to gain from this exposure. It's already been done so he'll see whether he can gain.

Sure, but I don't think just being available to film gets them the money.  They probably also don't get the money and may even potentially face more monetary penalties on top of that if they don't cooperate with what production asks them to do on camera, which may include a big act to look like they're continuing the relationship when they're not, or whatever garbage production thinks up for them.  They sign their lives away in more ways than one for this mess.  Production may decided that it's more drama-worthy to keep the audience wondering "will they or won't they?" from week to week.  In this case it's a clumsy attempt at best because both parties were obviously doing it under duress and flip flopping from one week to the next in a way that makes absolutely ZERO sense if it was real.  I don't think there was anything voluntary about Paige's behavior.  I for one give her way more credit than that and think her biggest mistake was not reading the fine print in the contract hard enough.  No matter what production tries to feed us to make it look like she was voluntarily trying to make a go of a relationship with him after all his BS, I call BS on that.  They're just trying to cover the fact that they are the source of their back and forth behavior.  It doesn't pass my sniff test for being genuine or real.  Paige is not that good an actress and it shows.  She showed absolutely NO desire to continue with him despite what came out of her mouth.  She said it as if she had a gun to her head.  Same for Chris.  Something was forcing them to do this and the obvious answer is the SHOW.  Just because Mindy wasn't on that kind of hook doesn't mean that the show didn't subsequently continue to stiffen up the contracts to force these people to be their puppets until they give the go ahead for them to pack their bags and go.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4

My thought on Jephte and Shawniece is that we have seen this before, and I'm not sure they are entirely done. But we will have to wait and see. Shawniece IS dramatic, and they have both cleared their Twitter accounts, so I'm not sure what that's about. I'm sorry for them both for the pain. I hope, if the split is indeed permanent, that they can be loving co-parents of Laura as she is such a delightful child.

I have enjoyed couples cam, although I know the majority of viewers were disappointed that there wasn't more content from last season's couples. 

And personally, Ashley bugs me, so those segments are not my favorite. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, qtpye said:

Maybe I am a female version of Jacob without the quirks and 80's fixation...I just like a guy with a big nose.

LOL, I usually don't like big noses, and Mr. Yeah No's nose is small and not unlike Erik's new nose.  But he looks better than Erik does with it, IMO.  I like Erik before the nose job better and here's why - Now I know people are going to say "yeah, right sure" but I'm a total symmetry freak and Erik's nose has actually been bugging me all season long because it doesn't seem proportionate or like it fits in with his other features.  Something about it bothers me, especially when he smiles.  Now I know why!   I kept thinking he has this little Irish-ey button nose like Mr. Yeah No, but the rest of his features strike me as more Germanic.  His real nose seems more complementary to his overall look in my opinion.  His new nose is too small and upturned for someone with such a long upper lip and square chin.  It makes his upper lip and chin look way too long and out of proportion.  Meanwhile in his "before" photos his lip and chin look very proportionate.  I wonder why he thought he needed that much of a transformation?  I can see flattening out the "bump" a bit but why did he need to get a full ski slide?  I think it's just bad plastic surgery....

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

My thought on Jephte and Shawniece is that we have seen this before, and I'm not sure they are entirely done. But we will have to wait and see. Shawniece IS dramatic, and they have both cleared their Twitter accounts, so I'm not sure what that's about. I'm sorry for them both for the pain. I hope, if the split is indeed permanent, that they can be loving co-parents of Laura as she is such a delightful child.

I agree with you about them.  They seem to break up at least once or twice a year.  They have been pronounced DOA before and keep coming back, so I'm waiting to see if it sticks.  I love Laura and will miss her most of all if they really split.  I thought something was up when they were acting so devoted to each other in recent shows, plus the thing with the ring.  I knew it couldn't last.  😞 

I wish we would see more of Bennett and Amelia, although she is probably plenty busy now with her new position as a doctor so that probably explains it.  I fast forward through most of "Couples Cam" anyway.  There's only so much I can watch of it before my eyes glaze over....😴💤

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

LOL, I usually don't like big noses, and Mr. Yeah No's nose is small and not unlike Erik's new nose.  But he looks better than Erik does with it, IMO.  I like Erik before the nose job better and here's why - Now I know people are going to say "yeah, right sure" but I'm a total symmetry freak and Erik's nose has actually been bugging me all season long because it doesn't seem proportionate or like it fits in with his other features.  Something about it bothers me, especially when he smiles.  Now I know why!   I kept thinking he has this little Irish-ey button nose like Mr. Yeah No, but the rest of his features strike me as more Germanic.  His real nose seems more complementary to his overall look in my opinion.  His new nose is too small and upturned for someone with such a long upper lip and square chin.  It makes his upper lip and chin look way too long and out of proportion.  Meanwhile in his "before" photos his lip and chin look very proportionate.  I wonder why he thought he needed that much of a transformation?  I can see flattening out the "bump" a bit but why did he need to get a full ski slide?  I think it's just bad plastic surgery....

Yeah, ironically my husband also does not have a big nose, though I do not think a big nose of itself is unattractive.

I also agree that something is off about the proportions of his face though he is not a bad looking guy.

I would love to have an Irish button nose myself, but it probably would not look right with the rest of my face.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cardigirl said:

And personally, Ashley bugs me, so those segments are not my favorite. 

She has always struck me as a little prickly and not very warm, but that doesn’t bother me so much. The thing that is starting to grate on me about this show is that it is less “couples cam” and more “family cam” which I don’t find super interesting bc all the couples with kids segments revolve around these babies and toddlers. I just don’t care that much about seeing all these kids tbh. Watching and listening to Henley or Mila have a meltdown is not compelling. This might explain why my favorites are the ones that don’t have any kids like Keith and Kristine and Steph and AJ.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

New minor spoiler from MAFS Fan: Clara and Ryan are still together. They recently put an offer in on a house in Atlanta - it wasn't accepted but the seller recognized them and shared the info.

That's really good to hear! They are pretty much  my favorite couple this season - especially since Vinnie - IMNSHO - is a bit of a manipulative schmuck who is so insecure he has to try and make Brianna (who is actually not my fave wife either) look bad. I've had a feeling for a while that the whole 'not saying I love you' schtick was production contrived to give a compatible couple some 'drama' and that the on screen awkwardness of their scenes is a result of having to stick to a somewhat scripted storyline.

I was going to say I longed for the good old days when the series was new and whatever drama occurred was real and not manufactured, but then I remembered JOtis were also first season and it was obvious to me from the start that Jamie has been playing to the camera. There is not enough bleach in the world to erase those home-birthing scenes from my brain, but there were other couples in the episode I didn't want to miss.. She knows how to work it, I'll give her that. But, the only reason she is ever on my TV screen is because I follow MAFS - not her.

• Love 7
On 4/11/2021 at 1:07 PM, Yeah No said:

Ha .. I never noticed his nose as I don’t pay much attention to him.  He’s either lecturing her or arguing about something.  I never heard a man talk so much.  They usually hate confrontation.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why would she have done that activity more than once if it has never been reciprocated, ever.

Why would she do it at all ?  She gets nothing?  It’s all the way or nothing.  How nice for him.  Having intercourse is intimate and satisfying and loving with the right person.  He doesn’t want loving.

Why would she do it at all ?  She gets nothing? 

Some people find that pleasuring their partner is very satisfying. I don't know if Clara is one of them or not. Not all sexual interactions are so transactional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Ha .. I never noticed his nose as I don’t pay much attention to him.  He’s either lecturing her or arguing about something.  I never heard a man talk so much.  They usually hate confrontation.

Not in my experience.😞

These two will stay together, but I'm doubtful they'll make it very long.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Some people find that pleasuring their partner is very satisfying. I don't know if Clara is one of them or not. Not all sexual interactions are so transactional.

Every night for six weeks?  That’s a little bit much, no?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

No, and sex shouldn't be so transactional, IMO, but the way it's been presented to us makes it seem like Clara is getting Ryan off every night but she's getting nothing in return.  Now, anyone would have a problem with that.

I don't know what I believe about these two.  Either they're making this up to have an issue for the show or there's something majorly wrong with Ryan.  Maybe he's shy about admitting to the public that he's having intercourse so they're keeping that under wraps for now.  He acts like he needs Eddie Murphy to tell him it's OK if his dick gets hard, LOL.  See if you can remember what movie that's from!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

He acts like he needs Eddie Murphy to tell him it's OK if his dick gets hard, LOL.  See if you can remember what movie that's from!

BH Cop.

Axel Foley : Billy, you know, you don't have to be embarrassed if your dick gets hard. Your dick is supposed to get hard. See? That's the whole object of this. Taggart's dick is hard, but he won't let you know 'cause he's the boss. Boss' dick got to stay limp, right? See, I ain't on duty so my dick can be hard.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

No, and sex shouldn't be so transactional, IMO, but the way it's been presented to us makes it seem like Clara is getting Ryan off every night but she's getting nothing in return.  Now, anyone would have a problem with that.

I don't know what I believe about these two.  Either they're making this up to have an issue for the show or there's something majorly wrong with Ryan.  Maybe he's shy about admitting to the public that he's having intercourse so they're keeping that under wraps for now.  He acts like he needs Eddie Murphy to tell him it's OK if his dick gets hard, LOL.  See if you can remember what movie that's from!

This is the thing, if Clara is happy pleasuring only Ryan and getting nothing in return, that would be fine...whatever floats her boat.

However, she has been very dramatic about how sexually frustrated she has been in this relationship.

It is interesting. Clara seems to have a strong sex drive and you would think a lot of men would appreciate that about her.

However, her last relationship was with a guy who only had sex with her 3 times a year (her words) and now she is with not reciprocating Ryan.

Then, to make it even more confusing, Clara rates her relationship a 10/10.

Maybe, they are trying to troll us with this no sex storyline so they can get more camera time?

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

BH Cop.

Axel Foley : Billy, you know, you don't have to be embarrassed if your dick gets hard. Your dick is supposed to get hard. See? That's the whole object of this. Taggart's dick is hard, but he won't let you know 'cause he's the boss. Boss' dick got to stay limp, right? See, I ain't on duty so my dick can be hard.

I KNEW you would get it, LOL! 😁

18 minutes ago, qtpye said:

This is the thing, if Clara is happy pleasuring only Ryan and getting nothing in return, that would be fine...whatever floats her boat.

However, she has been very dramatic about how sexually frustrated she has been in this relationship.

It is interesting. Clara seems to have a strong sex drive and you would think a lot of men would appreciate that about her.

However, her last relationship was with a guy who only had sex with her 3 times a year (her words) and now she is with not reciprocating Ryan.

Maybe, they are trying to troll us with this no sex storyline so they can get more camera time?

Yeah, it's so confusing, which sends off my BS meter big time.  Maybe she learned from past seasons never to rate your relationship anything less than perfect in case it comes back to bite you in the butt.

And yeah, I mean I'm a straight woman but even I can see that Clara is sex on a stick to most men.  I feel sorry for her if there's any truth to this about her and Ryan because it doesn't seem to be her fault!

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

80's movies are rad!

Jacob and I like to quote long passages of Axel Foley dialogue to each other.

We bonded over Tron.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
35 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, it's so confusing, which sends off my BS meter big time.  Maybe she learned from past seasons never to rate your relationship anything less than perfect in case it comes back to bite you in the butt.

And yeah, I mean I'm a straight woman but even I can see that Clara is sex on a stick to most men.  I feel sorry for her if there's any truth to this about her and Ryan because it doesn't seem to be her fault!

I remember someone telling me the difference between a mature woman and little girl mentality.

A mature woman understands that sex should be a two way street with both partners being satisfied at least most of the time.

A little girl mentality is a woman who only has sex so men will like her.

Interestingly, enough this same person said that Paige reminded them of the little girl mentality and Chris's ex, Mercedes, seemed to have the confidence of a grown woman in the little screen time that we saw her.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Every night for six weeks?  That’s a little bit much, no?

Did she start on their wedding night? She said they didn't even kiss the first few days.

Maybe every night means regularly rather than a literal 42 days in a row. Maybe nothing means it may as well be nothing since it isn't the thing she actually wants. 

Clara falling in love with Ryan and declaring their relationship the best ever makes absolutely no sense if he is withholding everything. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I just don't get why she hasn't even seen him without a shirt????

Yet another reason why she should have been paired with Jakeandeggs because he loves going to bed shirtless. 

• LOL 5
On 4/28/2021 at 1:43 PM, qtpye said:

I think he needs get down and give her vagina some sincere face time. Then finish the job...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, endure said:

here's an article about Erik and his supposed cat allergy

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-erik-lake-busted-in-big-lie/

What is it with this guy?  Fake nose, fake cat allergy....What's next, fake job?

To be fair, though he could have developed the allergy later in life.  I had that happen with perfume.  I used to be able to wear anything but now certain common perfume ingredients give me the sneezes and heebie jeebies.  I even have to use fragrance free moisturizers on my face.

Plus he doesn't look too comfortable in that picture.  Perhaps he keeps meeting women with cats and is tired of having to live with one due to his allergy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

What is it with this guy?  Fake nose, fake cat allergy....What's next, fake job?

To be fair, though he could have developed the allergy later in life.  I had that happen with perfume.  I used to be able to wear anything but now certain common perfume ingredients give me the sneezes and heebie jeebies.  I even have to use fragrance free moisturizers on my face.

Plus he doesn't look too comfortable in that picture.  Perhaps he keeps meeting women with cats and is tired of having to live with one due to his allergy.

I thought about that too. It is very common to develop allergies any time in life. But what I don’t understand is why that wouldn’t be disclosed before so he wouldn’t get hooked up with a cat lover.  I will assume it’s all faked drama for the show.  They should disclose they’ve had plastic surgery too, weird when you have a kid and it comes out with a big nose out of no where lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Is it me , or does Erik look much better with his real nose ? I really don’t like his nose now . 

I agree, I always thought there was something off about his facial features, just hadn’t realized he had plastic surgery.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, endure said:

I agree, I always thought there was something off about his facial features, just hadn’t realized he had plastic surgery.

Me too, see upthread where I said the same thing.  

• Love 2

Did anyone happen to see the preview of the Reunion show last night on Lifetime? Suffice it to say that Kevin Frazier was yelling at Chris, who, believe it or not, was walking away. I know - how unlike him. It looks like it will be way too much Chris and Paige for me, but I'll watch.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3