Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

This is getting so weird. For the life of me I can't figure out why RyanD would post the restraining order on his Instagram.

And what the heck with his friend slut shaming Jess? She wasn't having sex alone. He was the other participant having sex the first day he met her. Double standards are alive and well.

It was filed in family court? Sure, divorced are filed in family court, but restraining orders?

It was filed in family court? Sure, divorced are filed in family court, but restraining orders?

Someone on another board said they're filed in family court when the person is your spouse. If it's not a relative, it's criminal. I have no clue though! I've never filed one or had one filed against me. =)

Someone on another board said they're filed in family court when the person is your spouse. If it's not a relative, it's criminal. I have no clue though! I've never filed one or had one filed against me. =)

I filed for a restraining order before against an ex. It was done in family court.

• Love 1

Nearly everyone thought that Jessica made a mistake having sex with Ryan right away, and turns out they were right.   

They were right because Ryan is an asshole who believes in a double standard for men and women.  Of course if she had waited she would have found that out before doing it and saved herself at least part of the nightmare.  It has to suck for her now.  I have to say both of these Ryans subscribe to outdated attitudes about men and women, way more outdated than my own 53 year old husband!

I just have to say, this whole situation is getting way too insane for me anymore.  I am not inexperienced with online insanity and reality shows but this is starting to feel dangerous.  And I agree with one article author I read who said that these couples are doing damage to the credibility of the show with all of this stuff, and who wonders if they are violating non-disclosure agreements in the process.  I can't imagine what things are like at the filming of the 3rd season given all of this going on.  I wonder if there will even BE a third season now.....If the show took as little care with choosing the men as they did in this season, they'd be in trouble.  Plus the second season 1 year reunion show is in jeopardy too.

It just goes to show that unless you are really careful it's easy to end up with a jerk.  I suppose trusting a reality show to take great care in matching you is kind of naive, but they did have the first season as some kind of assurance, plus the show pushed itself as a legitimate "social experiment", not just a reality show.  Despite being married to a lawyer, I'm not one to advocate suing at the drop of a hat, but I do think they might have grounds and good reason to sue in this case.

• Love 9

If Ryan D's remark re: the first 48 is a real threat, that is scarey. If it is an empty threat, he had better hope nothing happens to that girl because his ass will be the first one they haul in. This has been a complete and udder fail, as an experiment, a reality show and any form of entertainment. I feel sorry for the families. Can you imagine being one of the participants in season 3, just married to a stranger and the show is canceled because of this crap. See ya, good luck with that divorce thingy!

• Love 8

https://twitter.com/jamienotis

Jaimie's working hardcore on twitter. Jaimie, when someone files a restraining order, it's time to stop defending production. I know you want a spin-off or a show of your own, but damn.

Well she is copping it, there are a lot of annoyed fans.

Jason is defending Ryan on his instagram

https://instagram.com/p/35Cj8Xvsm7/

I have noticed a distinct silence from some experts that are normally quick with the 'do not believe everything you read' line, I guess legal paperwork is harder to deny.

• Love 5

Was it Jessica who said or wrote that Ryan was a drug dealer and cocaine user? If she can't prove it then can he sue her for libel/slander? Not that she has any $. I'm just thinking that if it is not true then those claims can really hurt his future. I have no idea if Jessica created those fake Instagram accounts but I would not be surprised. If Ryan made the "48" comment as a subtle threat of harm then fuck him. If he isn't a drug dealer/user then I can understand his anger at her for saying he is a dealer/addict. His friend's behavior of slut-shaming is wrong. Did Ryan slut shame Jessica? Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right and multiple wrongs definitely don't make a right. Ryan needs help with anger management and anything more is just speculation imo.

• Love 1

If Ryan D's remark re: the first 48 is a real threat, that is scarey. If it is an empty threat, he had better hope nothing happens to that girl because his ass will be the first one they haul in. This has been a complete and udder fail, as an experiment, a reality show and any form of entertainment. I feel sorry for the families. Can you imagine being one of the participants in season 3, just married to a stranger and the show is canceled because of this crap. See ya, good luck with that divorce thingy!

I hope it's an empty threat, but it just goes to show what he can say even if it is.  Jessica may be fortunate that she works or worked in a law firm as she may have good legal support/advice on her side.  I can only hope that's true.

• Love 3

I think RyanD is full of bluster.  He is not going to do anything serious to her though he could do some damage with computer hacking.  I think the restraining order was a wise move.  I bet that brought him up in his tracks; that will be on record.  

• Love 2

Good morning!

Three very important things:

1. If you come across something on social media, regular media, or another forum, that's fine to post here.

However, AS PER THE SITE ADMINISTRATOR, if you learn something through another source, please run it by us first. The site administrator doesn't want PTV to be the place where anything harmful to one of the participants is first revealed. 

So please check with the mods if you have anything that might be questionable.

2. Who are the MAFS mods?

Aethera and I are the regular co-leads. We are bringing in CooksDelight as a back-up for the next several days. Due to scheduling issues, please PM all three of us with any questions.

3. If something comes up in the wee small hours or you need a quick response, there are other options.

We have 35 other mods who will respond to Reports through the Report Center and who know that this is a "hot thread." And the site administrator is David T. Cole. He also knows about this situation and the mods have his backing.

This should clarify my Saturday night trying-to-mod-via-phone guidance.

Thanks!

• Love 3

wings707 I'm not sure about that. Apparently on the Brooklyn 11123 episode, Ryan picked up Jojo from prison. If these guys are really in gangs, then Jess is in serious danger. Theses gangsters and wanna be gangster types take being disrepected very seriously.

I think the murder reference was an indirect threat. I know what he's trying to say but why reference that show to prove that you caught Jess? It was done on purpose.

• Love 3

I think the murder reference was an indirect threat. I know what he's trying to say but why reference that show to prove that you caught Jess? It was done on purpose.

It takes a special kind of arrogance to be served with papers to stop threatening/harassing your wife and then threaten her even indirectly so publicly all she now needs is to screen shot his instagram present it to the judge and boom the temporary protection order then becomes permanent at the sitting/hearing. If Jess had no grounds for a permanent order he has just given them. Surely somebody would have told him to remove the posts they have been up for 15 hours now and the longer they sit there the worse it looks for him.

• Love 4

That Jess might be in serious danger from Ryan and his cronies makes this really not fun anymore.   I hope for her skate its all just a bunch of bullshit bluster but who knows.  

This really has turned from a show to watch for mindless fun to being quite disturbing.    So FYI/A&E, do us all a favor of and run a freakin backgroud check on your brides/grooms.    

• Love 9

My husband said the first 48 reference in his instagram is a slang some guys use meaning she slept with him in less than 2 days.  

Thanks, did not know this.  They were married!  Silly, I get that, but is that not expected?  Such nastiness.  

• Love 1

Good question. He would likely be considered a public figure, in which case the bar will be higher for him. He would need to show actual malice (in the legal context, this means knowledge the statement was false or reckless disregard as to whether it was false). He would obviously have to prove that it is false. If he can't do that, he has no cause of action for defamation.

Truth is a defense to a claim of slander.  The defendant has to prove it is true, not the plaintiff.

My husband said the first 48 reference in his instagram is a slang some guys use meaning she slept with him in less than 2 days.  

This makes far more sense to me given the tweet from Ryan's bestie.   

Poor Jessica.  She made a mistake in judgment with Ryan.   I'm sure she never thought she would be married to someone with a terrible temper problem and perhaps other significant problems as well.

(edited)

The reference is about the cop show. It took him 48h to figure out who was behind the rumors. His friends said Jess slept wiht him less than 3 hours after meeting him. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 2

The reference is about the cop show. It took him 48h to figure out who was behind the rumors. His friends said Jess slept wiht him less than 3 hours after meeting him. 

Um was that possible I would imagine the ceremony, photos, reception and interviews would take more time than that especially being filmed.

To get away from the really awful to the merely awful, I think the fact that Dr. C is defending this crap lends credence to the rumor that his doctorate came out of a diploma mill. I suspect he's not in high demand in his chosen field and the show is his pay day.

The show's atheist spiritual advisor has a real job, which makes me suspect that he's just there to get his name out there and to discredit spirituality by talking about it on a reality show. I remember Dr. Pepper from the 80's doing local talk shows on NYC's WOR. As far as Levkoff, there are a lot of other specialties dealing with human sexual behavior that don't use the word "sexologist."

I think S1 of MAFS was a fun gig for the experts. S2 was likely a contractual obligation. The "experiment" this time was seeing how long you could force two random people to stay married.

• Love 3

De-lurking just to say this is how I took RyanD's post.  He was able to screen-shot the mystery Instagram posts & track their location before someone thought to cover their tracks.  I don't see "death threat" by any stretch of imagination.

• Love 2

wings707 I'm not sure about that. Apparently on the Brooklyn 11123 episode, Ryan picked up Jojo from prison. If these guys are really in gangs, then Jess is in serious danger. Theses gangsters and wanna be gangster types take being disrepected very seriously.

So they paired one of the women with a guy who has anger management issues and has a criminal for a best friend? How nice.

• Love 1

S2 was likely a contractual obligation. The "experiment" this time was seeing how long you could force two random people to stay married.

That thought has crossed my mind more than once, @ketose!  Given the utter incompatibility of all of the couples... I'm going to say that S2 was an experiment on the couples AND the audience. :\

• Love 1

As much as Davina complained about Sean not initiating sex with her, she's actually lucky they never got that far. Ryan D's friends are calling Jess a slut now for having slept with him the first night (of course, it's totally fine - nay, manly! - of him to do the same) and Ryan R revealed on national TV what a big nymphomaniac Jaclyn was for wanting sex with him more than once a day. His bragging on camera about how crazy she was about him after they'd had sex was repulsive. And I wonder what Jaclyn thought when she saw those scenes on TV...

All these men are total pigs.

• Love 18
(edited)

This just goes to show how dumb he is to post something that could be so easily misinterpreted. Of course, itwould've been better for him to keep all I'd this (the fake Instagram account and the screenshot of the OoP) off the internet. What's next? I bet he'll make some post about Jess swimming with the "fishes" and defend it as being a reference to swimming with dolphins on their honeymoon.

He's an idiot. Ryan needs to hire an attorney instead of doing these dumb SM stunts and getting his goons to do his dirty work and slut shame his wife (they are still married). He doesn't understand that everything he posted goes in favor of Jess. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 3
(edited)

QUOTE FROM gimipizzauoldtroll

This is libel as it is written and preserved. If it were spoken on camera/on radio, it would be libel for that reason as well. This is not a common law defamation case (where the statement is about a purely private matter) because it involves a public figure. You're right, if it were that kind of case, then the defendant would have to prove truthfulness. But because it involves a public figure, there are first amendment concerns and the plaintiff must prove (in addition to the common law elements) the falsity of the statement and fault on the part of the defendant.

END QUOTE

So if Ryan sues Jessica and shows that he has never been arrested for using or dealing drugs and shows proof that Jessica posted stuff saying he was a drug user/dealer then would that be enough? He could even take a drug screen test. I am not pro-Ryan but I also and not in favor of painting someone as a drug dealer/coke head if there is no proof other than hearsay.

Also we don't know why his friend was in jail/prison and if he has paid his dues to society then why is his friend (Ryan) being judged for JoJo's behavior. It's not like he can control it and maybe he wasn't in favor of it. If Ryan said or wrote anything that slut-shamed Jessica then that was shitty of him and applies to himself as much as it applies to her since he also was involved in the sex.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1

I am going to watch Tuesday night because...well I don't know why.

They filmed and edited and promoted it before most of this stuff came out.

I would like to hear the experts explain why they thought cooking classes are the answer to domestic abuse. or how a fishbowl full of sex homework assignments will create intimacy between people who don't even like each other.

The disconnect between the experts' blather and what the viewers were watching was spectacular.

The experts should do a spin-off show of their own, sort of like Gilligan's Island. Put them in an office building together, and every week have them do marriage counseling with a different couple. The couples can check in and out any time they want, but the experts remain trapped, and every week they try to escape.

• Love 8

This is libel as it is written and preserved. If it were spoken on camera/on radio, it would be libel for that reason as well. This is not a common law defamation case (where the statement is about a purely private matter) because it involves a public figure. You're right, if it were that kind of case, then the defendant would have to prove truthfulness. But because it involves a public figure, there are first amendment concerns and the plaintiff must prove (in addition to the common law elements) the falsity of the statement and fault on the part of the defendant.

Clearly, the standard is different when a public figure is involved.   However, I was simply responding to the assertion that Ryan would need to prove the statement was false and nothing else.

Personally, I wouldn't elevate RyanD to the status of public figure.  :D

• Love 2

Suing each other for libel should be the least of their worries at this point. They have broken the non-disclosure agreement that everyone has to sign to be on a show like this. Some of them carry very hefty fines, up to a million dollars or more. I know this as fact from several friends who have been on reality TV. They can't tell me squat, and they certainly don't post about it in public forums.

At any rate, fallout from this season is already big and it's not totally over yet.

• Love 8

I agree completely that RyanD should have kept all of this off of social media!  Under the circumstances, I can understand him wanting to speak up and fight back (VERBALLY!!! lol - don't want to further the "abusive" narrative) after all the negativity and accusations - whether warranted or manufactured- but it would've been wise, IMO, to keep from sinking to this level.  Even worse is his friend slut-shaming Jess - that's the one thing I can't find any excuse or justification for.  Ryan himself should have shut that down or defended her.

• Love 6
(edited)

And Davina ways in telling the season 1 contestants off

https://twitter.com/FelicitousFoe/status/610101371287830529

I agree with her, they should not place more importance in protecting the brand over Jessica's safety

Everytime somebody tweets something it ends up in more people knowing the situation. Maybe if they all shut up they would protect their brand more. On a more personal note maybe Jamie will learn not to stick her nose into everybody else's business I am so sick of her opinion popping up on social media and gossip siteson what makes a perfect relationship and what they are doing wrong as her and Doug have found tru wuv. Rack off get back to me when you have been married more than a year.

Still total silence from the networks and experts though.

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 7

I'm going to watch Tuesday because iZombie is already done for the year. If A&E has any sense, they won't air it at all. FYI might as well, it's really their only show.

If they were going to fake a reality show, they should have done a better job. The show 21 was fixed, but I understand that it was much more entertaining because of it.

• Love 2

Yeah, he's a jerk but he's on national television on a top ranked cable show with tens of thousands of followers on SM. It would be hard for me to imagine a court saying he's a private figure at this point but who knows, I may very well be wrong.

Was joking

• Love 2

I'm going to watch Tuesday because iZombie is already done for the year. If A&E has any sense, they won't air it at all. FYI might as well, it's really their only show.

If they were going to fake a reality show, they should have done a better job. The show 21 was fixed, but I understand that it was much more entertaining because of it.

My only question is, are they busyre-editing the edit of Tuesday's show? We have already seen Ryan R storm off set.  We can put two and two together.  But they may try to totally white-wash the show anyway.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jaimie's latest tweet:
Jamie N. Otis

1h1 hour ago
Jamie N. Otis ‏@jamienotis
I strongly encourage abused to stay away & abuser to get help. Both need counseling, albeit for different reasons. #NoToleranceForViolence

That seems like victim blaming. It's not just a matter of the "abused" staying away. She's so dumb

The irony kills me does she not remember her behavior was broadcast, maybe she can take her own advice and get some counseling herself, at least this year she was smart enough to keep it off TV after the social media bashing she got during her season.

The 'abused' was encouraged to stay with that douche by the experts and producers when they witnessed Ryan's rage not one of them pulled her out for safety they left her in her 'marriage' with him.

Edited to add she just added fuel to the fire I didn't pay attention to her hashtag, now people are questioning if it was physical rather than emotional.

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 7

This is going to be such a train wreck, and I'm not going to be able to watch until a few days later due to family stuff.  I'm already trying to figure out how to pitch this show to my mom, who wouldn't watch The Amazing Race because "there's too much tension."

I will be very surprised if there are no lawsuits coming out of this. Someone is going to sue someone else. I imagine the producers and network execs already have had several screaming matches.

If he weren't being such a bozo in defending all of his actions, I'd almost feel sorry for Dr. C. Almost.

• Love 6

I think the reply below makes more sense, because he had it in capital letters, "The First 48".

Why on earth would he post it? What is" The First 48"?

The First 48 is a realty cop show on A&E (very good show) that goes on the premise that if the murderer is not caught in the first two days, the chance of catching them drops drastically.

• Love 1

I had never heard of Brooklyn 11223 until I read about it here. So I've been looking at the cast members. Funny it's the same people Jessica was thrown in with.

OMG. Hide your daughters, lock up your sisters. No respectable woman should ever sign up for this show.

• Love 5

My only question is, are they busyre-editing the edit of Tuesday's show? We have already seen Ryan R storm off set.  We can put two and two together.  But they may try to totally white-wash the show anyway.

That is my question also. But is it RD that storms off the set, right? Not RR.

I think it is RR that was "too busy on Valentine's Day".

• Love 1
(edited)

Yep normally during the week they release a few slightly different teaser so far the only one I have seen in the initial 30 second one that played at the end of the episode. I would not be surprised though is season 3 is kept in the can for a while before airing.

I will be very surprised if there are no lawsuits coming out of this. Someone is going to sue someone else. I imagine the producers and network execs already have had several screaming matches.

If he weren't being such a bozo in defending all of his actions, I'd almost feel sorry for Dr. C. Almost.

LOL I am hoping that Dr C and the other experts get a firm bollocking from the execs after this disaster of a season, even without all that has gone down on social media in the past few days there was so much dissent from the viewers. I actually think Vaughn wasn't so bad compared to this seasons boys.

Edited by crazychicken

Oh, they're going to (or have already) crop, splice and edit the whole show.  Instead of the part where Jessica states that Ryan was using and dealing, they will take one of her complaints about him either not being affectionate enough or his anger issues,, and conveniently drop it in right before he storms off the stage.

As for this whole shit storm of a show, as mentioned many times in this thread, the experiment didn't work because they carefully chose three women who wanted to get married, and in a rush, carelessly paired them with three guys who didn't.  The sex issues with Jac and Ryan and Sean and Davina have nothing to do with anything other than the guys not being into or interested in the girls, love, or marriage - just fame and/or money.

• Love 1
(edited)

Excuse me for being behind and not following SM (or this thread) so closely, but I'm trying to enjoy a lovely day off - Has it been established that Jessica called Ryan a drug user and/or dealer on Social Media or elsewhere or is it just suspicion that it was her at this point?  Also, if those accusations did come from her and are fictitious I would still not necessarily slam her for it because she may be trying to get Ryan back for his online threats and his friends' slut shaming.  Two wrongs wouldn't make a right but it would at least be understandable.

Edited by Snarklepuss