Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Drink Homestead lemonade out of the glass jug and put it back in the refridge without wiping the rim...

Eat all of the allotted of party food and dig into food bought for next week's lunches and dinners...

Sit scandalously close to the  bed pillows with your outside clothes on....ignore the throw designated to cover the duvet with outside clothes on....

Keith and Matt out on the town will have so many drinks sent over from their newest fans....

I wouldn’t send Matt a drink but I might toss one at him...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I feel as though I'm in the Twilight Zone or that I've been watching another show or something. Blindsided? The experts were blindsided by Keith and Iris not staying together? Iris was blindsided? Everyone was blindsided? What? Were people here blindsided? I sure as hell wasn't. You could see it coming a mile away.

I think we all knew Keith wasn't into Iris (even the experts) but he is supposed to be a gentleman and dumping your spouse on television isn't nice. I'm sure production and the experts expected him to say "Yes" on decision day and quietly break up with Iris during the 2 month break or after a year or so... 

They're upset because he messed with their "success" stats. 

I've been thinking about Iris' reaction and I think she was blindsided because she doesn't know how to take "No, I'm not interested in you" as an answer. Especially as they look so great together. 

I don't know why Keith has to couch his rejection in compliments but after watching the preview I'm thinking Iris asks him if he agrees to certain things and he was maybe getting ahead of the game?

This couple was a mess, and I am glad Keith was smart enough to ask for divorce on Decision Day, but I'm sad Iris got hurt in the process. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

humble opinion: "She explains that even after the experiment that they go to dinner, talk, hang out so it befuddles her that if they are continuing their relationship.... why couldn't they stay married?"

Because, Iris, your now-friend Keith wanted his freedom to pursue adult relationships with other women.

In Iris's defense (I know!), I don't think they should be hanging out. It's a mindfuck. It's clearly gotten her hopes up. I am firmly of the belief that the only way to get over a breakup is to cut off contact with the person (where possible - obviously if you have children with someone, you can't stop speaking to them) for some amount of time. Doesn't mean you can't be friends down the line, but I have never seen immediately downgrading a relationship to "just friends" or "just having no-strings-attached sex" work, especially if one person didn't want the breakup, as in this case. The breakup has to stick; you have to get clear on the fact that the person isn't "your person" anymore. IMO the best way to do that is to move forward without them. (Don't stalk them on social media, either. Block, delete, unfollow, at least for a while.) 

So I'm sure it's fucking with Iris that she and Keith hang out and they should stop doing that for a while so they can both move on.

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sure, Keith and Iris got a divorce,  but it wasn't really a break-up. 

There had been no romance. There had been no sex. 

In truth, Keith and Iris had never been more than friends. What they put asunder was simply the charade. 

I doubt Iris saw it that way; given the level of emotion she displayed, she definitely thinks of herself as dumped. None of her romantic relationships involved sex, so that's not a baseline for defining a romantic relationship for her. She makes a point in the preview to talk about the ways in which they were intimate ("you said lying down and just being with someone is intimate, didn't we do that?"). Actually, I think Iris seeing Keith romantically and Keith seeing Iris platonically is MORE of a reason for them to cut things off for a while so Iris can get over her romantic feelings. 

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Liberty said:

Just went to youtube and searched "married at first sight season 9 reunion".  The first 10 - 12 minutes were Iris/Keith.  She is really unhappy, and her anger got the best of her when pointing out things she had done that Keith had said were important.  One interesting thing she said was 'I wanted to have that experience [intercourse?] with my MAFS husband'.  Well apparently 8 weeks was not long enough to do what she had wanted to.

Additionally she had not read the posts about correct use of personal pronouns.  Maybe she makes her own grammar rules like sink use rules and drink limits.  She's good at making the rules, but not good at following them.

Yep, and the clincher for me was not the no sex, but the lemonade she was whining about when his friends came over.  A smart wife would have put out a nice spread for all his friends.  A few pretzels and two glasses of lemonade?  Cheapo.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sure, Keith and Iris got a divorce,  but it wasn't really a break-up. 

There had been no romance. There had been no sex. 

In truth, Keith and Iris had never been more than friends. What they put asunder was simply the charade. 

Eight weeks of sleeping together and nothing ????? Matt must be laughing his ass off at Keith.  Keith is truly a Saint, or a dummy.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I doubt Iris saw it that way; given the level of emotion she displayed, she definitely thinks of herself as dumped. None of her romantic relationships involved sex, so that's not a baseline for defining a romantic relationship for her. She makes a point in the preview to talk about the ways in which they were intimate ("you said lying down and just being with someone is intimate, didn't we do that?"). Actually, I think Iris seeing Keith romantically and Keith seeing Iris platonically is MORE of a reason for them to cut things off for a while so Iris can get over her romantic feelings. 

Can imagine them feeling this way. Also, if you’re not to the point where you want to strangle each other, sometimes the “I’m here if you need me” words come out. If he said that to her, she prolly calls him every day.  “How about dinner, Keith?!?”.  Can imagine that, too.  

• Love 7
On 9/14/2019 at 1:05 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

After watching the previews I'm wondering if Keith really did blindside Iris or if she just didn't want to hear what he was telling her. 

When he was explaining why he decided to get a divorce Iris kept on telling him he was wrong in various ways. He said it was about her maturity and she kept on bringing it back to her virginity. He tried to tell her they weren't building intimacy and she said they'd done several things to build intimacy. 

I think he wasn't that into her... and she thought its possible to develop a relationship/marriage in a "paint by numbers" kind of way.

Either way, this couple was not a good match. Iris is too rigid and Keith did not sign up to marry a virgin and all that entails. The show did them both a disservice. 

It’s frustrating to see Keith beating around the bush just because he doesn’t want to be the bad insensitive boy.  Iris is not for you, period.  Come out and say it already.  Stop being nice and taking her to dinner and talking with her all the time. You made a decision, now stick with it and stay away from her.  You can’t be buddies right now.  You are sending her the wrong signals.  Be honest and cut it.  If you don’t let go, she will become a stalker.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

It’s frustrating to see Keith beating around the bush just because he doesn’t want to be the bad insensitive boy.  Iris is not for you, period.  Come out and say it already.  Stop being nice and taking her to dinner and talking with her all the time. You made a decision, now stick with it and stay away from her.  You can’t be buddies right now.  You are sending her the wrong signals.  Be honest and cut it.  If you don’t let go, she will become a stalker.

I think Iris with her clunky extensions and new "sexy" look is trying to be for Keith the "whore" she thinks he wants (as opposed to "madonna"), and Keith thinks he's going to be the "no pressure platonic friend" that Iris wants or needs right now to show her he really likes her for her and thus ease her into being ready to let herself be vulnerable to the idea of sex.  Both are probably not going to succeed, sadly.  Iris is still doing everything she can to ensure emotional and physical distance between them so that chasm can never be crossed, and her performance in this preview is one example of that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think Iris with her clunky extensions and new "sexy" look is trying to be for Keith the "whore" she thinks he wants (as opposed to "madonna"), and Keith thinks he's going to be the "no pressure platonic friend" that Iris wants or needs right now to show her he really likes her for her and thus ease her into being ready to let herself be vulnerable to the idea of sex.  Both are probably not going to succeed, sadly.  Iris is still doing everything she can to ensure emotional and physical distance between them so that chasm can never be crossed, and her performance in this preview is one example of that.

Or the other way around. Maybe she’s showing him what he let get away and he’s not bucking for sex at all because it still wouldn’t counteract the crazy/immaturity/whatever. She seems all in for more of him.  

He told her that he didn’t believe she would change in eight weeks, and doubt if he believes she changed in an additional eight weeks.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Correct.  Everyone knows they are toast, and so should they.  Truthfully, I think she is afraid of the unknown.  And, I think she doesn’t even know what a Bj is.  By this time, everyone is nuts with all this crap.  Now they have Kevin Frazier on to boot.  I don’t even know whats going on anymore.  They are really dragging this out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

He has to think about that music career  😉 

I wonder if he is thinking more about his longevity in the spotlight as opposed to Iris' feelings. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
added more thoughts
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

Or the other way around. Maybe she’s showing him what he let get away and he’s not bucking for sex at all because it still wouldn’t counteract the crazy/immaturity/whatever. She seems all in for more of him.  

He told her that he didn’t believe she would change in eight weeks, and doubt if he believes she changed in an additional eight weeks.

Could be a little bit of both! Why would she want to show him what he let get away unless she still harbored some hope of him catching it?  And maybe he's also hoping she'll grow up in time.  Unfortunately in her case the time needed for that is going to have to be measured in geological epochs, not weeks.  I think Keith is trying to be optimistic.  Plus on some level he could be trying not to look like a bad guy, or at least show her he's not a bad guy and likes her and won't desert her, which on that he may in fact be sincere.  Unfortunately I think that's way over her maturity level to grasp.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Could be a little bit of both! Why would she want to show him what he let get away unless she still harbored some hope of him catching it?  And maybe he's also hoping she'll grow up in time.  Unfortunately in her case the time needed for that is going to have to be measured in geological epochs, not weeks.  I think Keith is trying to be optimistic.  Plus on some level he could be trying not to look like a bad guy, or at least show her he's not a bad guy and likes her and won't desert her, which on that he may in fact be sincere.  Unfortunately I think that's way over her maturity level to grasp.

She might show him what he let get away because he opted for divorce, because she doesn’t understand/want to hear why and because she lit up like a Christmas tree when he said maybe down the road, and then said she would reconcile if he fixed his issues with counseling.  

Too funny about the geological epochs, Yeah No!  I don’t think he’s a bad guy but maybe he’s not as interested in happily ever after with her as she is at this point. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Are Keith and iris divorced yet?

That's an interesting question.  I don't know how this show works when it comes to the timing of the divorce.  If they aren't divorced yet, maybe that's why Keith is walking on eggshells and playing nice so that Iris won't put up a fight?  I mean, what happens if someone says "no" to getting a divorce on this show?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Iris is delusional enough to think that by "sexing" herself up with tight dresses and hair extensions she can make him regret wanting the divorce.  

She may look sexy with the tight dresses and long hair, but little does she know sexy is more than that.  When she starts yapping rapidly and screaming about lemonade, etc,, her sexyness goes out the window.  Then she sounds like a fish wife screetching.  It would be hard for her to change her personality.  IMO, she looked better with the natural curly hair.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

She may look sexy with the tight dresses and long hair, but little does she know sexy is more than that.  When she starts yapping rapidly and screaming about lemonade, etc,, her sexyness goes out the window.  Then she sounds like a fish wife screetching.  It would be hard for her to change her personality.  IMO, she looked better with the natural curly hair.

Yeah, I actually felt bad for her when she walked out in the dress and hair extensions because she just doesn't get it--that being sexy and approachable is more than just dressing sexy.  

And I agree that she looked better without the hair extensions, mainly because they just don't suit her face.  

• Love 9
On 9/6/2019 at 12:31 PM, discoprincessthe2 said:

I wonder whether they could just keep things secret like Luke and Kate did?

ETA:

*cough*JAMIE*cough* 😏

She couldn't play the games.  She was offended and disgusted around sexual terms and devices.  She couldn't even be touched or touch in erotic places.  What was he supposed to do?  He tried.  No intimacy on her part.  None.  I'm amazed that anybody thinks she anything but dysfunctional with intimacy sexually.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

She couldn't play the games.  She was offended and disgusted around sexual terms and devices.  She couldn't even be touched or touch in erotic places.  What was he supposed to do?  He tried.  No intimacy on her part.  None.  I'm amazed that anybody thinks she anything but dysfunctional with intimacy sexually.  

I think the original tweet was in reference to Jamie and Elizabeth, not Iris and Keith.

• Love 9
On 9/15/2019 at 12:02 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Are Keith and iris divorced yet?

Nerp, don’t think so.  (But I’m not the expert...😜).  I “think” in both SC and NC there’s that tricky year apart thing.  You can’t file until you’ve lived separate for a year.  I think you have to file something that makes it official to start the clock.  (Obviously should have looked this up before posting).  It was me.  I drank the lemonade.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The last little bit of tea that was shared, is that Jamie got a job with Google and he and Elizabeth are either expecting to move or have already moved to California. Congrats on the New job, Jamie!

That could certainly explain why Elizabeth chose (and/or was "strongly encouraged" by her father/parents) to stay with him

[...that's even if it means staying silent whenever Jamie is verbally abusive to her.]

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDkyOTI1Njk0MDI0NTc2?igshid=1dmwh1jo8zay8

Iris has a personality that includes dancing while eating, twerking, and having fun. I’m genuinely shocked. 

Attached files are a conversation a fan page had with Matt’s sister. To say the least, the men in their family have problems with being faithful. She thinks he did the show for money. She didn’t know he/they visited their childhood home, and he didn’t call beforehand to let them know. He’s awful.

B81E9678-8DC3-42B3-B7E9-558BBB45C770.thumb.jpeg.039e9f7fca30a9ab637549e48eed33b4.jpegC28CED3A-E77F-4291-9C02-4E6A4A57E676.thumb.jpeg.47769e4f7b77a02c8ab170a6fa173569.jpeg63B072A3-41AD-450F-88BE-9CBADF194342.thumb.jpeg.b16dd2dfd86be6d1354c9853454a55b5.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Eh, it's not unusual for siblings have beef with each other, so I'm not going to automatically believe what Matt's sister says on Facebook.

In this case we have so much evidence to confirm what a creep Matt is that I'm inclined to believe it.  And it's more like me to reserve judgment.  But in his case it's pretty clear that his family not being involved in the show and him acting like he was on the outs with them was an indication of something very wrong.  If he had acted sad and regretful about it or made some kind of explanation for it, like "my family doesn't think it's a good idea to get married to a stranger" I might be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.  But his demeanor and attitude about his family has not shown me that it is that kind of situation.  He did nothing but put on that shitty closed-off face and look away from both Amber and the camera, which even by itself before we knew anything else about him told me he was not necessarily the one wronged.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

In this case we have so much evidence to confirm what a creep Matt is that I'm inclined to believe it.  And it's more like me to reserve judgment.  But in his case it's pretty clear that his family not being involved in the show and him acting like he was on the outs with them was an indication of something very wrong.  If he had acted sad and regretful about it or made some kind of explanation for it, like "my family doesn't think it's a good idea to get married to a stranger" I might be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.  But his demeanor and attitude about his family has not shown me that it is that kind of situation.  He did nothing but put on that shitty closed-off face and look away from both Amber and the camera, which even by itself before we knew anything else about him told me he was not necessarily the one wronged.

But we don't know anything about his family dynamics, and that includes his relationship with his sister.  That's my point.

But that's my bias.  I'm not on Facebook, twitter, or any other social media so when I see stuff like that I tend to shrug my shoulders and not take any of it seriously.    

• Love 1

What It seems like is the parents didn’t have a nice split. I’m pretty sure someone who knows them said they had restraining orders against one another. Be it civil or an order of protection, something must’ve been going on. To be estranged from the entire family is unusual. We saw that with Dave in Dallas. I don’t recall him ever saying why he was estranged from everyone either. Reality is Matt was spotted and “papped” by people in Charlotte during the season. I’ve seen pictures of him chatting up women in clubs. He has or had an active dating profile. He never denied being unfaithful and I doubt it's new behaviour.

• Love 4

He never denied being unfaithful

On the reunion show he stated he didn't sleep with any other women during the eight weeks he was married to Amber. He also said that the woman Raven saw him with was just a friend.

I think he was lying but he did deny cheating.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

On the reunion show he stated he didn't sleep with any other women during the eight weeks he was married to Amber. He also said that the woman Raven saw him with was just a friend.

I think he was lying but he did deny cheating.

He might not consider anything outside of physical intimacy cheating, so I was including all aspects like emotional cheating. Even if he was dating other women like the woman Amber’s coworkers told her about and not actually having sex, he was still legally married with the assumption that the only person he would be dating, getting to know, and romancing was his wife. Unless otherwise agreed upon, it was supposed to be a monogamous marriage—in and out of the bedroom, and he failed. I wasn’t paying attention, but did he deny asking other women out or any of the claims like Raven seeing him leave with a woman?

I wasn’t paying attention, but did he deny asking other women out or any of the claims like Raven seeing him leave with a woman?

Kevin asked him if he had sex with any other women while he was married to Amber and he responded, "no." When Amber said that Raven told her he saw Matt leave a bar with a woman, he responded that the woman was "just a friend." Matt also mumbled something about how, when he was out at the bars, he would "talk to people he knew" (presumably men and women). I don't remember any other discussion about either dating other women. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Eh, it's not unusual for siblings have beef with each other, so I'm not going to automatically believe what Matt's sister says on Facebook.

I believe her

I remember they actually blurred out the house, so I assumed that new people had moved in, but probably not.  He just never bothered reaching out to his family.

He's such a liar and scumbag

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gumbo said:

I believe her

I remember they actually blurred out the house, so I assumed that new people had moved in, but probably not.  He just never bothered reaching out to his family.

He's such a liar and scumbag

Fine, believe her if you want.  It's my prerogative to withhold judgement on Matt and his family relationships because I don't know what the truth is. 

• Love 1
On 9/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, gonecrackers said:

The 'experts' saw a religious virgin who works with kids, & paired her with a guy who expressed some spirituality, who also works with kids, then walked away - done. The 'experts' suck, as usual.

Even if some other powers-that-be actually do the matches, which is likely, the 'experts' are still taking the fall along with any veneer of professionalism they might have had.

Perhaps asking before pairing someone with a virgin would work better, but then that would take common sense & not create as much tension & drama.

I think these two were paired just for that - awkward drama, which they achieved at the expense of the individuals involved.

Anyone who signs up for this needs to realize it is a show, & they will use them for show purposes.

The show, experts thought having a Virgin on the show would be a hit.  Little did they know, it was a bust.  Virgin or tramp, she was a horror.  Her personality and demeanor was that of a spoiled self absorbed child.  They probably saw and spoke to her for three minutes and said “ you’re hired”.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The show, experts thought having a Virgin on the show would be a hit.  Little did they know, it was a bust.  Virgin or tramp, she was a horror.  Her personality and demeanor was that of a spoiled self absorbed child.  They probably saw and spoke to her for three minutes and said “ you’re hired”.

That & they paired her with someone who had his own agenda in signing up - a match made for teevee.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

That & they paired her with someone who had his own agenda in signing up - a match made for teevee.

Only thing is they recruited him, he didn’t go looking for them, unlike Iris, and for someone was who was presumably pushing his music,  the only thing he did on the show was say he liked Prince. It’s not like Jaclyn who had Tito booze bottles in every scene.  jmho

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Kareem said:

Only thing is they recruited him, he didn’t go looking for them, unlike Iris, and for someone was who was presumably pushing his music,  the only thing he did on the show was say he liked Prince. It’s not like Jaclyn who had Tito booze bottles in every scene.  jmho

We don't know what they cut out; he might've done more than we've been shown.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Yes, but, to be fair, we don't know what any of these people might have done that might have been cut out.  All we know is what we've seen, and that's all we've got to work with when we make comments. 

• Love 8

I don't like the show defining a narrative for me. I'll go with something unless it seems otherwise - from watching Unfiltered, reading interviews, SM, spoilers, etc.  Those things make me second guess just what they show. I realize some go by just what they see, & that's mostly what I comment on, but reg. Keith specifically I don't think he got what he bargained for from this show in many ways.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Kareem said:

8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm thinking they cut out a lot of his music references/dreams of superstardom once he said "no"... But, I could be wrong? 

Just thinking this because Keith really didn't have a personality during the entire show and I am wondering if its because of the edit. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3