Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Thx to JLAW and crgirl412 for the photos...

Fingers crossed that Jon and Dr. Jessica will be one of the couples on M@FS:Happily Ever After......the spin off show.

Dr. Jessica would be the ultimate spin off and double dipper...Consultant to the show and giddy in love

I like them as a couple...ethics...smecthics....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I like them as a couple...ethics...smecthics....

Me too.  She gets a pass from me because Jonathan is so hot.  Can't blame her, I'd find it hard to resist that too.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/dave-flaherty-amber-martorana-fight-over-smell-mafs-sneak-peek-clip/

The word "hygiene" is totally  misleading...she was just too heavy handed with the perfume....

Dave...just breath through your mouth....you're riding an open air wire carriage...the night air will diffuse the fumes

An upset Amber vented in her confessional, “Wow I can’t believe he said that. I was totally thrown for a loop. Even after everything we talked about he always brings out my flaws. I can’t help but feeling I’m not good enough for Dave. He’s proving that to me right now on this carriage ride.”

Yep; just what I've been saying - they bring out the worst in each other. Honestly, even if it's just me, Amber has her issues but I really can't stand Dave.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Yep; just what I've been saying - they bring out the worst in each other. Honestly, even if it's just me, Amber has her issues but I really can't stand Dave.

I agree. Amber should never have been "chosen" for this "experiment," and I can't help thinking the "experts" may paired her with Dave precisely because the two of them would provide plenty of drama for the show. I think Amber is probably a good person at heart, for the most part, and I suspect that (while he probably does believe 'honesty is the best policy'), Dave -at this point- is deliberately saying things that he knows will upset her. 

-- I think that's what the show's "experts" were hoping for!!

[What Amber really needs isn't marriage. She needs a couple of years with a good clinical psychologist who can actually help her with all those fears and insecurities.] 

• Love 5

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2018/08/28/married-at-first-sight-bobby-admits-true-feelings-wife-danielle/

Tristan and Dave get all giggly and girly for Ricky Bobby...

The grooms are much more supportive and emotionally invested in Bobby than the mean girls Amber and Mia are in Danielle...

Look at Bobby's face radiate when he's talking about his love for Danielle...listen to the guitar playing softly in the background...

If you aren't smiling and happy for Bobby when you see the clip then we can't be friends.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2018/08/28/married-at-first-sight-bobby-admits-true-feelings-wife-danielle/

Tristan and Dave get all giggly and girly for Ricky Bobby...

The grooms are much more supportive and emotionally invested in Bobby than the mean girls Amber and Mia are in Danielle...

Look at Bobby's face radiate when he's talking about his love for Danielle...listen to the guitar playing softly in the background...

If you aren't smiling and happy for Bobby when you see the clip then we can't be friends.....

Awwwwww!!! I love that the guys call him Ricky Bobby, too. It’s cute.

• Love 6

Doug (married to Jamie Otis) said that Jamie is off filming more Unfiltered episodes. Are those for Dallas or have they started filming next season already? I think it would be so awkward to have to watch episodes and re-live things after you've already decided to stay married or split. I do wonder if that's why Danielle seems relaxed and confident on Unfiltered and why Amber seems bitter and over it all.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, stuckin60s said:

Amber did say on the unfiltered " when that was filmed I was getting feelings for him"  something like that???

She did and I caught that, too. Wasn't sure if I was reading too much into it, but it seemed like her feelings for him were a thing of the past.

• Love 4

Yes noticed that too. She made sure to say " at the time " in regard to having feelings for him rather than yeah I felt that way because ..

she seemed really bitter during the filming but i think it's clear and agreed upon by everyone except the experts that the rating thing was just a ploy for ratings and added nothing valuable to helping them . I honestly don't blame Amber for that one .. I'd be pissed too 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

This was posted on reddit today (it is Jon basically confirming his relationship with J):

jon.thumb.png.bcae5387aa4353a925e50834a8c87a10.png

Why play with Jon? He is very intelligent and would never do something inappropriate that would get him or Jessica in trouble. He is not some out-of-control teenager. He is a hot, sexy bachelor who has caught the attention of a nice-looking successful professional woman. Hopefully for Jessica’s sake he is breaking her back regularly. (Maybe I’m projecting what I would want from Jon so excuse me.) Win-win. I would like to see Jessica in a red wig....that doesn’t look like Raggedy Ann.

• Love 5

I don't care what the contract says, it's still unethical.  There are certain things that are only discussed in legitimate therapeutic/medical situations and at a certain point in a romantic relationship not because you are one of the people collecting intimate facts for a reality showIt is unseemly. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

don't care what the contract says, it's still unethical.  There are certain things that are only discussed in legitimate therapeutic/medical situations

I think the thing the contract says is that these are in fact not legitimate therapeutic situations.

• Love 8

What's happening now is completely unprofessional but being excused just because she's on TV, & please let me explain why I feel that way... True they can claim they're not 'legitimate' therapeutic sessions, but these self proclaimed 'experts' are giving some strong advice & counsel, as well as using counseling tools of the trade with people in very stressful (& in some cases traumatic) situations.

They're basing their ability to do that on their credentials which they mention repeatedly. "Dr." Jessica repeatedly reminds us she's a psychologist, ironically specializing in trauma, & "Pastor" Cal repeatedly reminds us he has counseled who knows how many couples for years...   not only that, but often they're using those tools of the trade to screw around with the people to cause havoc & drama. She's definitely not the only one of course; it happens every season with all the 'experts'; she just happens to stand out more strongly at the moment & this affair, IMO, highlights that lack of professionalism.

None of the 'experts' are true professionals no matter what their damn credentials say.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

What's happening now is completely unprofessional but being excused just because she's on TV, & please let me explain why I feel that way... True they can claim they're not 'legitimate' therapeutic sessions, but these self proclaimed 'experts' are giving some strong advice & counsel, as well as using counseling tools of the trade with people in very stressful (& in some cases traumatic) situations.

They're basing their ability to do that on their credentials which they mention repeatedly. "Dr." Jessica repeatedly reminds us she's a psychologist, ironically specializing in trauma, & "Pastor" Cal repeatedly reminds us he has counseled who knows how many couples for years...   not only that, but often they're using those tools of the trade to screw around with the people to cause havoc & drama. She's definitely not the only one of course; it happens every season with all the 'experts'; she just happens to stand out more strongly at the moment & this affair, IMO, highlights that lack of professionalism.

None of the 'experts' are true professionals no matter what their damn credentials say.

I can see how you feel that way. I’ve been in therapy over 20 years and I would be horrified if either of my male therapists approached me inappropriately. In the Season if one of these “experts” approached a “client” I would feel the same. This whole J&J thing happened after the season and I trust that Jonathan has enough emotional fortitude to know when he is in a situation that doesn’t work for him. At least I hope so.

And I, too, hope Dr jessica is boinking all the sadness out of Jon.

• Love 9

I mean seriously Jon and Molly didn’t even make it the entire six weeks and there are three “experts,” Jon and Jessica probably had at most three or four sessions including the selection process. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

I can see how you feel that way. I’ve been in therapy over 20 years and I would be horrified if either of my male therapists approached me inappropriately. In the Season if one of these “experts” approached a “client” I would feel the same. This whole J&J thing happened after the season and I trust that Jonathan has enough emotional fortitude to know when he is in a situation that doesn’t work for him. At least I hope so.

Thanks for understanding; I hope so too.

I'm not claiming to believe they are in real therapy with these people. I was saying they make an issue out of their credentials on the show insinuating they're 'qualified' to match couples & give them advice, professionally; they've mentioned giving advice off screen as well.

I also realize it being a show with contracts gives them an out to all responsibility, but having an affair with a previous participant lacks professionalism & ethics, IMO.

I also realize Jon is a fan favorite & people think this is great for him. I don't understand this being a great thing at all. Someone like him could find a lovely young woman to 'boink the sadness out of him'... but for some reason he prefers an aging, unprofessional TV personality with scary eyes, but whatever, it's his life.

Again, IMO.

Supposing he won't be on the island show, or, was on the island show & found "Dr." Trauma...  guess we'll see.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Thanks for understanding; I hope so too.

I'm not claiming to believe they are in real therapy with these people. I was saying they make an issue out of their credentials on the show insinuating they're 'qualified' to match couples & give them advice, professionally; they've mentioned giving advice off screen as well.

I also realize it being a show with contracts gives them an out to all responsibility, but having an affair with a previous participant lacks professionalism & ethics, IMO.

I also realize Jon is a fan favorite & people think this is great for him. I don't understand this being a great thing at all. Someone like him could find a lovely young woman to 'boink the sadness out of him'... but for some reason he prefers an aging, unprofessional TV personality with scary eyes, but whatever, it's his life.

Again, IMO.

Supposing he won't be on the island show, or, was on the island show & found "Dr." Trauma...  guess we'll see.

As much as the immature side of my brain loves the idea of Jon getting it on with Dr. Jessica, I have to agree with you.  I don't care if there are "loopholes" that supposedly make it "OK", even if that's true, (which I doubt it is) it's still smarmy and speaks of a lack of ethical boundaries and caring how things look to the world.  When you're a professional you have to be concerned with how the public might perceive your actions, so it's not just about "loopholes".   It wouldn't be so bad and not so poorly looked upon if they had waited a few years after they were not engaged in any kind of professional relationship with each other.  It has been done before by real professionals, but especially because they're in the public eye they should have erred on the side of caution. Plus I never had much respect for Jessica or any of the "experts' on this show.  If these "experts" were truly professional experts they wouldn't be involved in this farce and trying to pass themselves off as legitimate.  I am sorry but I may sound like a cranky "old lady" but increasingly, young people today have absolutely no ethics whatsoever and will find any way to justify anything because it pleases them.  They act really serious and defensive about it, but it's still a compromise of ethics.  I apologize if I've offended anyone.  Present company is always excepted!

16 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Apologies if anyone has been offending by my feeble attempts at gallows humor...

Oh I always love your gallows humor!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

We saw the video and Molly denying/lying about what happened.

Got that, but in all the seasons and all the shows, had never seen her go off on anyone like that, including the other liar, Mia.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

Got that, but in all the seasons and all the shows, had never seen her go off on anyone like that, including the other liar, Mia.  

Going off on her? I didn’t see it that way she simply said “we”’have seen the footage and it contradictes what you have told me. In the MIa situation there are charges but not a similar video.

• Love 2