Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

OK, having seen this clip, this is clear:

Davina is clearly not happy. (not together)

Jaclyn so happy (together)

Jessica, just happy to be on TV (not together)

At least those are my perseptions...

I think that's about right as I have the same perceptions about the three couples from what's out there on social media as Jaclyn & Ryan R haven't really tried all that hard to hide the fact that they stayed together and I don't feel that way about the other two couples.   

Edited by CindyBee

I just watched the clip, and I can't believe how sad Davina looks and I don't think they are still together either! So much for chemistry!! Jaclyn does seem happy, and Jessica is just being polite.

• Love 1

I just watched the clip, and I can't believe how sad Davina looks and I don't think they are still together either! So much for chemistry!! Jaclyn does seem happy, and Jessica is just being polite.

I guess every time Dr. Logan goes on and on and on about how instant physical attraction isn't everything, people should listen as it does seem like Davina/Sean flamed out and Jaclyn/Ryan did a slow burn to happiness.  

There was a blog I read last week where the person posted some pictures of Davina from social media that were taken sometime this winter--after the January reveal date but before the show started airing and she was on a trip with friends and no Sean and no wedding ring.  I'll see if I can find the link if others want to read it too.

That's odd, because I read a blog that said Davina looked so happy and they figured they were still together.

I didn't see it myself, so I can't offer my perception.

Sorry I don't see it. Davina looks sad because her family didn't seem to support her. But other than that she was smiling broadly a lot.

Jessica looked sadder though. And I thought her remark abt "fighting for it" was telling.

• Love 1

I don't think we saw enough from them to really get a sense of what is going on ( from gma). Twitter is more telling. Jac and Ruan seem like they are together from Twitter, they are the only ones who consistently interact with each other. Ryan and Jessica sometimes do but it is usually a little more distant and jokey. Ryan apologized via Twitter last week about dumping Jessica in the water and said " he's just a big kid at heart" I feel like if he had already apologized and moved on that was a strange thing to re-apologize for... He also makes fun of Jessica a lot and never compliments her- but who knows?

Sean & Davina were always Tweeting each other, too, at least that's what it looked like to me. Haven't really followed anyone in particular.

I also want to say, that I thought Jacklyn looked so much prettier on the Today show clip than she has on the show.

Based on Twitter feeds I agree that I don't think Ryan D and Jessica are together anymore.

I sure hope not. They are actually becoming disturbing to watch. I sure want to hear the "experts" defend their decision to match her up with this guy.

• Love 1

I guess the experts relied on "instruments" that didn't call him out for the BS artist he probably was with them.  Haha, so much for how reliable those self reporting inventories are.  Perhaps they should have gotten a few of us on this board together to give our opinion on him.  We could see what he was all about a mile away, based on sheer common sense and no "instruments".

• Love 2

Seriously! I know we're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but in the way we dress, style ourselves, and present ourselves, we make arguments about our identities. Yes, yes, mabe I'm being a jerk, but I would have called Ryan D. out as a douche at first glance a mile away. They might as well have cast Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino. Gues those super-scientific, FBI-tested, uhhh..questionaires aren't all that great.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wouldn't judge or call anyone a douche on a reality TV show especially just because of the way they talk from an edit?? . It is edited to be whatever. I do think two couples will make it and Jaclyn & Ryan R will be the love match this season. Slow burn. 

Edited by HappilyEverAfter
  • Love 1

Yeah, but if they lie, then those "instruments" aren't going to be correct.

From the beginning he struck me as a fame-whore.

I don't know if I think Ryan D. outright lied or put his best self forward just to get on the show.  I am wondering if Jessica did that too after seeing her photos and learning that she has ambitions of becoming an actress.  I have not sensed a seriousness in her about this process either.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know if I think Ryan D. outright lied or put his best self forward just to get on the show.  I am wondering if Jessica did that too after seeing her photos and learning that she has ambitions of becoming an actress.  I have not sensed a seriousness in her about this process either.

I've said this before but I think Jessica was getting cast no matter what so I guess the experts or the producers or whomever just put her with Ryan D regardless what he put down on psych test.   Thinking back to the matchmaking episode, maybe the photographer with the butt fetish would have been better.  Or the guy who brought his mom to meet Dr. Pepper.   Or even the stockbroker into BDSM.   

As for social media clues about who might still be together,  Ryan R tweeted out this cute picture of him and Jaclyn yesterday:

https://twitter.com/LIRealEstate01/status/585944385734447104

So I have them on my "still married" list.   

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

More & more I'm getting into Jacklyn.

I wonder if they were told at the beginning (or if only she was told), that they would be playing the "roles", of initially unhappy wife and/or husband.

Next season (because we no they're starting S3 right now), they should have an unhappy husband.

More & more I'm getting into Jacklyn.

I wonder if they were told at the beginning (or if only she was told), that they would be playing the "roles", of initially unhappy wife and/or husband.

I don't think Jaclyn was encouraged to be the "unhappy" bride as I think she was so wrapped up in the damn Notebook and expecting that instant wow moment, that when it didn't happen, she went into defensive mode.   But luckily for her, Ryan is a patient guy with lots going for him--his athletic body helps as if he was a some fat slob, I don't think it would be as easy for her to come around.   The fact that by day 7 she is saying she has a crush on her husband bodes well for them.  

• Love 2

I hope the online exposure doesn't end up with them being stalked or getting crank phone calls from strangers. There have been other reality shows where even fans get crank phone calls from various lunatics. Can you imagine?

>>>Next season (because we no they're starting S3 right now), they should have an unhappy husband.

Oh, we've got that now with Ryan D and Jessica. He hasn't said so in so many words, but his actions have made it plain. Even the way he looked at her when she first walked in for the wedding -- he *didn't* look at her, really.

• Love 2

That is insanity. Who does that?  They call cast members and their fans? I did see a tweet where someone accidentally called Ryan R's real estate company and he called back. How is that an accident? Some do follow their real facebook page. I feel invasive requesting to do that! I will like their facebook fan page.

• Love 1

Some "fans" of The Little Couple have even shown up at their doorstep!

I hope the exposure is good for Ryan's business, but you have to weed out the crazies from the the legitimate clients.

What is wrong with people? Showing up at their doorstep? I wonder if these reality TV cast members realize the crazies lurk out there and become obssessed fans at times. Years ago a stalker killed a starlet he was obssessed with and showed up at her home. These people aren't celebrities so don't have body guards in place. I agree that some fans that become imbalanced and do illegal things all because of a silly show should be punished to the full extent of the law. Insane. I would never want to be on a reality TV show.

• Love 1

Someone who's supposedly known Sean for years posted somewhere else that he's a pathological liar, who goes around telling people he's a doctor among other things. They didn't know he was actually a nurse until the show. Apparently he also lies about stuff no one really cares about anyway or is impressed by, so it's kind of comical. I don't know if any of this is true, since people can post anything on the internet anonymously, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Oh and apparently he's also lied about telling people off, when in reality no conversation even took place, so the person was laughing at the supposed hotel confrontation. I guess he likes to pretend he's a tough guy or something.

I also find it interesting that while Sean name dropped Doug, who's best friends with Sean's bother I think, Doug hasn't acknowledged him at all since the show began. He's not even following Sean on Twitter, while he does follow Ryan D. And he wasn't on the dinner with Jason and all the guys from this season. Makes me wonder if Doug doesn't like Sean either. And if Doug doesn't like his best friend's brother, then you know there's something dodgy about him. 

Looks like Jaclyn's edit is going to start to change with this upcoming episode, if the new preview up on FYI Network's facebook page is any indication.   (I'm at work and having trouble bringing the link over but if you go to their page, its one of the first videos up).

Guess the editors have to start laying the groundwork for Jaclyn & Ryan being a viable couple at the end of the six weeks after spending the first four episodes making it seem like it was a lost cause with replaying her "I'm just not attracted to him" soundbite over and over again.  Now that she's on camera saying she has a crush on ole Ryan, guess they'll have to retire it.

Personally, I find Ryan D.'s use of "#yellow"  on any Instagram post referring to anything Asian (mochi, a woman he refers to as his "Asian friend") offensive. He's probably the type of guy to argue that I therefore have no sense of humor and his "Asian friend" finds it funny, but, guess what, Ryan D., you're not Asian so you don't have the authority to use an Asian racial slur. It he looks like a douche, sounds like a douche, and writes like a douche...

• Love 2

OK, having seen this clip, this is clear:

Davina is clearly not happy. (not together)

Jaclyn so happy (together)

Jessica, just happy to be on TV (not together)

At least those are my perseptions...

I agree.  Did anyone notice when they showed the clip of Davina's wedding she glanced, brushed it off by saying "yeah, that's cute" then went on with her comment?  To me it's how someone would respond knowing it didn't work out in the end.

• Love 2

Someone who's supposedly known Sean for years posted somewhere else that he's a pathological liar, who goes around telling people he's a doctor among other things. They didn't know he was actually a nurse until the show. Apparently he also lies about stuff no one really cares about anyway or is impressed by, so it's kind of comical. I don't know if any of this is true, since people can post anything on the internet anonymously, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Oh and apparently he's also lied about telling people off, when in reality no conversation even took place, so the person was laughing at the supposed hotel confrontation. I guess he likes to pretend he's a tough guy or something.

I also find it interesting that while Sean name dropped Doug, who's best friends with Sean's bother I think, Doug hasn't acknowledged him at all since the show began. He's not even following Sean on Twitter, while he does follow Ryan D. And he wasn't on the dinner with Jason and all the guys from this season. Makes me wonder if Doug doesn't like Sean either. And if Doug doesn't like his best friend's brother, then you know there's something dodgy about him.

This is tge same "ex" who claimed she ran into Sean at a restaurant and he told her that they got an annulment.

1) The past tense made me pause because nothing can be done until the show is over;

2) Sean is not stupid enough to break a contract (A&E ) in public;

3) His friends on FB have warned people that someone's putting put false info on Sean over the Internet.

What u posted is almost exactly what I saw, minus the annulnent part. So that makes me more suspicious that when she was questioned abt the contract, she dropped that part of her story.

And I wouldn't believe that of tge guy I've seen on tv anyways,

Oh the person who wrote those things specifically said they're "not a bitter ex", but it probably is the same person. Or maybe it's some old bully who can't quit. I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt anyway, but they went into quite a bit of detail so it seemed possible. Thanks for the heads up! 

• Love 1

I've said this before but I think Jessica was getting cast no matter what so I guess the experts or the producers or whomever just put her with Ryan D regardless what he put down on psych test.   Thinking back to the matchmaking episode, maybe the photographer with the butt fetish would have been better.  Or the guy who brought his mom to meet Dr. Pepper.   Or even the stockbroker into BDSM.   

As for social media clues about who might still be together,  Ryan R tweeted out this cute picture of him and Jaclyn yesterday:

https://twitter.com/LIRealEstate01/status/585944385734447104

So I have them on my "still married" list.   

I liked the photographer too!!

I think this picture could be form back in the honeymoon. Her shirt says "Puerto Rico". It may be an old picture or may be recent (she got the tank top there and is wearing it here). Don't know...

I guess every time Dr. Logan goes on and on and on about how instant physical attraction isn't everything, people should listen as it does seem like Davina/Sean flamed out and Jaclyn/Ryan did a slow burn to happiness.  

There was a blog I read last week where the person posted some pictures of Davina from social media that were taken sometime this winter--after the January reveal date but before the show started airing and she was on a trip with friends and no Sean and no wedding ring.  I'll see if I can find the link if others want to read it too.

This wouldn't shock me to find out that Davina and Sean went their separate ways. I think if that happened that Sean dodged a bullet. Davina is probably the most overly dramatic, needy, and high maintenance woman I've seen out of all the brides of both episodes.

• Love 1

Personally, I find Ryan D.'s use of "#yellow"  on any Instagram post referring to anything Asian (mochi, a woman he refers to as his "Asian friend") offensive. He's probably the type of guy to argue that I therefore have no sense of humor and his "Asian friend" finds it funny, but, guess what, Ryan D., you're not Asian so you don't have the authority to use an Asian racial slur. It he looks like a douche, sounds like a douche, and writes like a douche...

ALL OF THIS ^^^^^^! I made the unfortunate choice of scrolling through his IG posts! This guy is a bonafide fool. His use of the #yellow hashtag in that way is just IT for me. BYE, boy! And you're right, he would be self-righteously argumentative with anyone who suggested that it's offensive (to say the least) to use that term in the way that he does. I'm upset they matched my Boo Jessica with him. Like really! These experts, as with last season's woefully ill-suited match of Vaughn with Monet, have some 'splainin to do.

• Love 3

ALL OF THIS ^^^^^^! I made the unfortunate choice of scrolling through his IG posts! This guy is a bonafide fool. His use of the #yellow hashtag in that way is just IT for me. BYE, boy! And you're right, he would be self-righteously argumentative with anyone who suggested that it's offensive (to say the least) to use that term in the way that he does.

And if his Instagram is any indication, dude doesn't know how to spell, either. Doesn't production check out candidates' social media before casting them?

"Oh, we've got that now with Ryan D and Jessica. He hasn't said so in so many words, but his actions have made it plain. Even the way he looked at her when she first walked in for the wedding -- he *didn't* look at her, really."

She didn't look at him either, if you watch it. But again as many have said....editing. We thought they were reciting their vows and he was looking elsewhere, but there might have been a pause in production or something broke down. You just never know.

I guess I'm in the minority because I don't think RD is all that bad...he's said a lot of nice things to her and about her. And remember...two weeks ago everyone was about to tear Jaclyn's head off, and because of how they showed her last week, everyone loves her.

Davina is kind of a sourpuss, but I think they will still be together by the end of 6 weeks.

• Love 2

FB friend saw this I think on Monet's page but not sure. It was a post she shared. I didn't get the posters name. This could be someone making it up for attention but if it ends up being true it sucks! "jess c and ryan d break up for good at the 3 week mark. And do not try to make it work past that. The episode in two weeks, will be all about that. Sean and davina, do not stay together, either. He actually is the one who decides he doesnt want to stay married. She said yes, although they had many challenges. He gave up. And Jaclyn and Ryan, end up roommates with doug and jamie. TRUTH!"

Oh Now I want to find that. I know there have been interviews done with Jessica and they mentioned there were no "male" items in the apartment she was living in at the time. That was in a starcasm article from a few weeks ago. They also said that both Jessica and Ryan posted cryptic tweets on Valentine's day. Then there is the whole Jessica has had twitter for MANY years and the week the show debuted she and Ryan D were not following each other until tweeters like me pointed it out. I would believe they don't make it at all.

I could see Sean was losing interest during the honeymoon. I think they slept together on their wedding night. Sean was so affectionate and then nothing.

Did anyone watch the interview posted on the show's web page with Ryan D? He has been out of his mom's house since he was 21, she had him all packed up!

I do think that Sean is holding back and not fully into their relationship. It sure sounds that way if they have an "interim" apartment. He was talking himself into going to NY- and he doesn't want to go. She is just confronting him about his lack of interest. I am not a big fan of Davina, she does seem high maintenance, but he seems gone already, not invested.

I do think that Sean is holding back and not fully into their relationship. It sure sounds that way if they have an "interim" apartment. He was talking himself into going to NY- and he doesn't want to go. She is just confronting him about his lack of interest. I am not a big fan of Davina, she does seem high maintenance, but he seems gone already, not invested.

Don't most of these couples have interim apartments during the show? If they don't want to live at either of their own places, the show gives them a few options to choose from. It's not like they can really make a home in those, since they're temporary rentals. I can understand feeling a bit out of place there. But I agree that Sean's interest in Davina seems to have been dwindling since the honeymoon. Maybe it took him that long to realise how much work this whole thing actually requires. Dr. C said Sean never watched the first season, so maybe he thought it would be a walk in the park. That they just set you up with your perfect match and then you're Doug and Jamie three months later. Now he has to move and actually give attention to another person and win over their trust and love. For a guy who's used to hitting it and quitting it that must be overwhelming. Now he's neither hitting it or able to quit. I just hope it's not all made out to be Davina's fault. Dr. C's adoration of Sean makes me think it will be.

• Love 1