Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I guess “never intended to be on tv” translates into “willing to sell my dignity to be on a trashy reality show”. I hope “the great love story” between her and Jon are worth her losing what is probably a well paying and lucrative gig.

She always looks much fresher and younger on social media than she ever looked on the show.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Dr. Jessica is pushing the "I chose to leave" narrative way too hard. She is just further confirming that they got rid of her. 

Did I post a tweet from her husband-to-be a few weeks back? He was putting out feelers for which media outlet would like to sit down with him to get his side of the story (now that his obligation to Kinetic has ended). 🤔

I'm sure that Jon and Dr. Jessica have some behind-the-scenes tidbits (other than what relates to them directly) that would be of interest. That's what I really want.

On 5/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, aphroditewitch said:

Interesting point made by a fan account for anyone thinking they can use MAFS to strike it rich as an influencer. Several former cast members chimed in.

Re: this IG post - *cough* LUKE *cough😏

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Did I post a tweet from her husband-to-be a few weeks back? He was putting out feelers for which media outlet would like to sit down with him to get his side of the story (now that his obligation to Kinetic has ended). 🤔

I just hope Lifetime doesn't decide to film a spin off detailing the life and times of Dr. Jessica and Jon, you know, one of their "success" stories (barf)........... although if they did, I would probably be watching (hangs head in shame).........

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I just hope Lifetime doesn't decide to film a spin off detailing the life and times of Dr. Jessica and Jon, you know, one of their "success" stories (barf)........... although if they did, I would probably be watching (hangs head in shame).........

I would totally sit on the couch of shame and hate watch that as much as I do MAFS

• LOL 4
40 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I'm sure that Jon and Dr. Jessica have some behind-the-scenes tidbits (other than what relates to them directly) that would be of interest. That's what I really want.

Re: this IG post - *cough* LUKE *cough😏

IMO neither Jon or Jessica have anything interesting to spill and even if any media outlets did interview them, it would just be more of the same thing from them. I'm sure Jon would take digs at Molly, both would complain about the show, and they would  not take responsibility for their own actions. Neither one has a good history with the truth. 

I'm not a former cast member and am definitely not optimistic about Deonna and Greg. We've seen before how far a shared faith takes the couples (nowhere), but I'm mainly skeptical of Deonna.

She might think dating herself is cute, but she was defensive about it right away with Greg: "Don't give me that look!" She doesn't come off as particularly easygoing and I think she might have a hard time sharing and compromising. She's done whatever she's wanted to for 10 years, from the biggest life decisions down to controlling the remote.

Even under the best of circumstances, it takes patience and tolerance to adjust to another person's weirdsies on a daily basis.

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, 2727 said:

I'm not a former cast member and am definitely not optimistic about Deonna and Greg. We've seen before how far a shared faith takes the couples (nowhere), but I'm mainly skeptical of Deonna.

She might think dating herself is cute, but she was defensive about it right away with Greg: "Don't give me that look!" She doesn't come off as particularly easygoing and I think she might have a hard time sharing and compromising. She's done whatever she's wanted to for 10 years, from the biggest life decisions down to controlling the remote.

Even under the best of circumstances, it takes patience and tolerance to adjust to another person's weirdsies on a daily basis.

The scene between them after the wedding was so heavily edited that the show should have been embarrassed about how obvious it was. It had all the hallmarks of frankenbiting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Found THIS about Iris and Keith:

"Keith Manley, 27, and Iris Caldwell, 27

Keith, 27, works as a mentor/coach in his community. He believes marriage is a commitment for life and doesn’t believe in divorce. His parents have been married for nearly 30 years and grandparents who have been married for 55. Keith hopes to find the same kind of love. Iris, 27, is a non-profit program coordinator. Religion plays a big role in her life and she’s chosen to remain a virgin until married. She has no siblings and her parents divorced when she was a toddler. She believes in traditional gender roles and wants a husband who can live up to those expectations."

Has "believ[ing] in traditional gender roles" ever worked out well for a MAFS couple?

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I thought it was Vaughn that wanted traditional gender roles?

I believe that’s what they said they both wanted but it became obvious that she missed that boat when she didn’t cook and the rest.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Has "believ[ing] in traditional gender roles" ever worked out well for a MAFS couple?

Danielle and Bobby are probably the only ones who it worked for but I think she will eventually go back to work. Philly Keith initially wanted traditional roles (still might for all we know) but Kristine gave him a reality check. 

• Love 6

I thought Jasmine had a customized version of "traditional roles." Her attitude was not an "I believe I should stay home and I see the man as the head of the house who will pay for everything while I tend to the home and raise children." She was more of a "Why should I spend my money when I can spend your money?" type of person. She threw out the traditional nonsense to try to cover for her selfishness which to me did not work. I knew all there was to know about her when she threw the no 50/50 eye roll at him and her attitude was further cemented when she was being all superior and putting down his desire to coach and give back to the community because it didn't bring in money.

• Love 20
18 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I thought Jasmine had a customized version of "traditional roles." Her attitude was not an "I believe I should stay home and I see the man as the head of the house who will pay for everything while I tend to the home and raise children." She was more of a "Why should I spend my money when I can spend your money?" type of person. She threw out the traditional nonsense to try to cover for her selfishness which to me did not work. I knew all there was to know about her when she threw the no 50/50 eye roll at him and her attitude was further cemented when she was being all superior and putting down his desire to coach and give back to the community because it didn't bring in money.

I think that we have no idea what Jasmine really wanted because the edit was so crappy. Also Will is in his late thirties, if he really wanted to be giving back to his community, he would be doing it already instead of just talking about it. No wonder she put it down, she already works in a role that helps the community while Will was all talk and then more talk. But somehow she was portrayed as selfish. 

• Love 3

Since the edit was so crappy, it could have worked both ways for Will and Jasmine.  For example, Will might very well have been working in the community but it just wasn't shown.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Since the edit was so crappy, it could have worked both ways for Will and Jasmine.  For example, Will might very well have been working in the community but it just wasn't shown.

Given how intent they were in making Will look good, I doubt it. Kate and Jasmine talked about how a lot of things from the honeymoon were not shown when they were interviewed on Jamie's podcast. Apparently after Jasmine did the zip line that Will was wary of so he didn't do it, he saw it was not a big thing and said that he wished he had done it. We never saw that so people went after Jasmine about the whole thing. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Given how intent they were in making Will look good, I doubt it. Kate and Jasmine talked about how a lot of things from the honeymoon were not shown when they were interviewed on Jamie's podcast. Apparently after Jasmine did the zip line that Will was wary of so he didn't do it, he saw it was not a big thing and said that he wished he had done it. We never saw that so people went after Jasmine about the whole thing. 

Yes, but that podcast was from their perspective, so I question their objectivity.  It's normal and expected for anyone to try and make himself or herself look good.  For all we know, there might have been some things that Jasmine did or said that Will was too much of a gentleman to disclose.  

So we'll just have to agree to disagree because, bottom line, we just don't know everything that happened. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, but that podcast was from their perspective, so I question their objectivity.  It's normal and expected for anyone to try and make himself or herself look good.  For all we know, there might have been some things that Jasmine did or said that Will was too much of a gentleman to disclose.  

So we'll just have to agree to disagree because, bottom line, we just don't know everything that happened. 

Will has yet to dispute her statement. And since he was determined to make cruel comments ( most if not all he has since deleted because it didn't fit the image he was going for) about her in the aftermath of the show ending, I think he would have said something by now. 

The show has a pretty bad history about making the women look bad when it was the men the entire time. Heather and Derek, Ashley and David, and Molly and Jon. So I think  the odds are that they did it again with Will. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Will has yet to dispute her statement. And since he was determined to make cruel comments ( most if not all he has since deleted because it didn't fit the image he was going for) about her in the aftermath of the show ending, I think he would have said something by now. 

The show has a pretty bad history about making the women look bad when it was the men the entire time. Heather and Derek, Ashley and David, and Molly and Jon. So I think  the odds are that they did it again with Will. 

As I said, we can agree to disagree.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

As I said, we can agree to disagree.  

I'm ok with just disagreeing. I think there were plentiful examples of Will's true and deceitful  character all season, but Jasmine got the brunt of the criticism because she is a woman and a woman of color. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

They were trying to make Will look good?!😁

I didn't get that vibe at all either. He came across to me as resigned to the fact that they were not compatible and halfheartedly went along until it was over. He made little to no effort with Jasmine because he wasn't interested in her because there was zero compatibility there.

Not sure where the idea that Jasmine was criticized because she is a black woman came from. I certainly never saw any evidence of that here or on any sites discussing the show. She was criticized because she came across, to me, as being inflexible and demanded the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" treatment. Will obviously had zero interest in that. Good for him.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I didn't get that vibe at all either. He came across to me as resigned to the fact that they were not compatible and halfheartedly went along until it was over. He made little to no effort with Jasmine because he wasn't interested in her because there was zero compatibility there.

Not sure where the idea that Jasmine was criticized because she is a black woman came from. I certainly never saw any evidence of that here or on any sites discussing the show. She was criticized because she came across, to me, as being inflexible and demanded the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" treatment. Will obviously had zero interest in that. Good for him.

Will was given a good edit. He should have been called out by the experts as someone going through the motions and ended things early. Instead he and the show by extension let him put on the "Poor Will" act. He continued his strange behavior with his weird claim that they could date a couple years after they divorced. He just wanted to see if he could keep her dangling. It was a power trip. 

I find it weird that Jasmine is described as inflexible when she was the one willing to make compromises.

Reality television is always more critical of black women and they rarely get a good edit. It is a fact. Just look at the weird sex ed talk Dr. Pepper gave Keith and Kristine. It was badly edited to make a black couple look clueless about contraception. Which was just dumb. Kristine is a career woman, she knows how to prevent pregnancy. Where was this talk for Stephanie and AJ? Sheila knew that Nate was being dishonest with her but she was dismissed as crazy or high strung. Vanessa didn't feel Tres was ready to be married and people said she didn't want anyone to be happy. I'm not even going to get into how WOC have been portrayed on numerous VH1 shows. If people think there is no bias in how people are edited or viewed due to race then I have a bridge to sell them. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I wonder how many of the scenes in the preview will actually be in the same context if they air. The season preview last season had at least two scenes that did not air.

I still want to know who was that Asian girl shown in a preview with the one who shall not be named...😏

5 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I still want to know who was that Asian girl shown in a preview with the one who shall not be named...😏

Probably either a member of the crew or a random person who agreed to be filmed 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2019 at 12:30 AM, Kareem said:

I believe that’s what they said they both wanted but it became obvious that she missed that boat when she didn’t cook and the rest.  

Yes - that's what Monet "learned about herself" from "this experiment" 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I find it weird that Jasmine is described as inflexible when she was the one willing to make compromises.

Reality television is always more critical of black women and they rarely get a good edit. It is a fact. Just look at the weird sex ed talk Dr. Pepper gave Keith and Kristine. It was badly edited to make a black couple look clueless about contraception. Which was just dumb. Kristine is a career woman, she knows how to prevent pregnancy. Where was this talk for Stephanie and AJ? Sheila knew that Nate was being dishonest with her but she was dismissed as crazy or high strung. Vanessa didn't feel Tres was ready to be married and people said she didn't want anyone to be happy. I'm not even going to get into how WOC have been portrayed on numerous VH1 shows. If people think there is no bias in how people are edited or viewed due to race then I have a bridge to sell them. 

I’ve got to be honest, that’s not the way I saw many of those situations at all. Most notably, I never thought Sheila got a bad edit relative to Nate. I think a lot of viewers saw right through Nate from the start (wasn’t he the guy with women’s shoes in his car trunk???). I never thought Sheila was high strung or crazy. Quite the opposite. Nate seemed to throw out cliche after cliche when he was trying to express himself, which was a giant reg flag (for me anyway) of his insincerity. I had no negative feelings about Sheila whatsoever. I thought she got a raw deal in who she was paired with, actually, not that she got a raw deal because of a poor edit.

I also thought Vanessa was a highly popular participant on the show, as evidenced by the fact that she was cast in the second chances show. I never thought that she “didn’t want anyone to be happy”. She seemed adorable to me.

As for Jasmine, we will never know if she received a bad edit or not because we weren’t there to witness what wasn’t filmed or aired. I do agree that she was portrayed as someone who was very focused on money, or more specifically, she was very focused on her husband making money. The show may have contributed to that perception by airing every money-focused comment she made, but there is no denying that she did, indeed, make all of those money-focused comments. MAFS certainly didn’t dub someone else’s words into her conversations, they were her words. They didn’t make it up. So it isn’t hard to argue that money was important to her and the fact that her husband wasn’t nearly as driven my earning money was a sticking point for her and ultimately a disappointment to her. There’s no shame in that at all so I don’t think that was a bad edit. People value different things. It’s really the fault of the show for pairing two people who were so far apart on that very important issue. 

Anyway, I’m sorry that you think the show has presented the MAFS WOC in such a negative light but obviously your perception is not universal. I can’t speak for the shows on VH1, but I think almost all of the women of color on MAFS have come out looking pretty good. Heck, the show was even sympathetic to Mia - the experts never even fully confronted her with her arrest (remember when they just blindly accepted her “mistaken identity” lie?). Compare that to the beat down Molly took from Dr Jessica after she called her husband a name. Mia got off VERY easy under the circumstances.

So to quote another post, we can agree to disagree but I hope you do take some comfort in knowing that at least one viewer (me!) thinks that almost all of the WOC on MAFS have been pretty awesome, and I’m basing that entirely on the way MAFS presented them.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Spectator said:

I’ve got to be honest, that’s not the way I saw many of those situations at all. Most notably, I never thought Sheila got a bad edit relative to Nate. I think a lot of viewers saw right through Nate from the start (wasn’t he the guy with women’s shoes in his car trunk???). I never thought Sheila was high strung or crazy. Quite the opposite. Nate seemed to throw out cliche after cliche when he was trying to express himself, which was a giant reg flag (for me anyway) of his insincerity. I had no negative feelings about Sheila whatsoever. I thought she got a raw deal in who she was paired with, actually, not that she got a raw deal because of a poor edit.

I also thought Vanessa was a highly popular participant on the show, as evidenced by the fact that she was cast in the second chances show. I never thought that she “didn’t want anyone to be happy”. She seemed adorable to me.

As for Jasmine, we will never know if she received a bad edit or not because we weren’t there to witness what wasn’t filmed or aired. I do agree that she was portrayed as someone who was very focused on money, or more specifically, she was very focused on her husband making money. The show may have contributed to that perception by airing every money-focused comment she made, but there is no denying that she did, indeed, make all of those money-focused comments. MAFS certainly didn’t dub someone else’s words into her conversations, they were her words. They didn’t make it up. So it isn’t hard to argue that money was important to her and the fact that her husband wasn’t nearly as driven my earning money was a sticking point for her and ultimately a disappointment to her. There’s no shame in that at all so I don’t think that was a bad edit. People value different things. It’s really the fault of the show for pairing two people who were so far apart on that very important issue. 

Anyway, I’m sorry that you think the show has presented the MAFS WOC in such a negative light but obviously your perception is not universal. I can’t speak for the shows on VH1, but I think almost all of the women of color on MAFS have come out looking pretty good. Heck, the show was even sympathetic to Mia - the experts never even fully confronted her with her arrest (remember when they just blindly accepted her “mistaken identity” lie?). Compare that to the beat down Molly took from Dr Jessica after she called her husband a name. Mia got off VERY easy under the circumstances.

So to quote another post, we can agree to disagree but I hope you do take some comfort in knowing that at least one viewer (me!) thinks that almost all of the WOC on MAFS have been pretty awesome, and I’m basing that entirely on the way MAFS presented them.

Except MAFS made sure to get every money comment made from a several week period edited into Jasmine's roughly hour or so combined. Making it seem like that was all she ever talked about. So that is manipulation by the show especially when at least some of those conversations were prompted by production. No one talks about money as much as they wanted to make it seem Jasmine did. 

The show never brought up David's past history of getting arrested for domestic violence at all, they even cast him in a spinoff. So not only did David never get any of that information aired or have to talk about it at all, many people are unaware of it because it never was brought up on air. With Mia the information about her arrest was part of her storyline. Also Mia got off easy with the exerts because Dr. Jessica had no interest in humping Tristan. The beat down with Molly was more about Dr. Jessica being massively unprofessional and wanting Jon for herself. 

Misogynoir  is a problem at MAFS. Just because you can personally see past it, doesn't mean the show hasn't been guilty of trying to frame a situation a certain way.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

Except MAFS made sure to get every money comment made from a several week period edited into Jasmine's roughly hour or so combined. Making it seem like that was all she ever talked about. So that is manipulation by the show especially when at least some of those conversations were prompted by production. No one talks about money as much as they wanted to make it seem Jasmine did. 

You can tell a lot about a person just watching their mannerisms and attitude. Whether they were having dinner, walking about or chatting at home, Jasmine's attitude throughout that season came across to me as demanding, bitchy and uncompromising. It made me a total believer that she was all about being pampered and paid for.

If she was a warm, friendly person open to compromise, we would have seen that in other scenes in the program and the edits of her being money hungry would have seemed out of place. My impression was that her money attitude fit in with the rest of the personality she demonstrated on the show. 

• Love 8

And then Jasmine kept talking about "flipping his switch" when she was cooking dinner in that negligee, as if that's all Will needed in the relationship and he would do whatever she wanted.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

You can tell a lot about a person just watching their mannerisms and attitude. Whether they were having dinner, walking about or chatting at home, Jasmine's attitude throughout that season came across to me as demanding, bitchy and uncompromising. It made me a total believer that she was all about being pampered and paid for.

If she was a warm, friendly person open to compromise, we would have seen that in other scenes in the program and the edits of her being money hungry would have seemed out of place. My impression was that her money attitude fit in with the rest of the personality she demonstrated on the show. 

But that is all your opinion that she is demanding, bitchy, and uncompromising. Studying body language of limited scenes where there was frequently disagreement is hardly reflective of how a person is everyday.

And since she has since talked about how she has two jobs, the one we knew about form the show and adjunct professor, this pampered and paid for thing also doesn't seem to be based on facts.

We never would have seen anything about her being warm because that is not what the producers wanted to show us. They frame the story. And people decide whether to believe it or not. Those same producers have a history of crafting both very misleading and flat out untrue storylines. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

But that is all your opinion that she is demanding, bitchy, and uncompromising. Studying body language of limited scenes where there was frequently disagreement is hardly reflective of how a person is everyday.

And since she has since talked about how she has two jobs, the one we knew about form the show and adjunct professor, this pampered and paid for thing also doesn't seem to be based on facts.

We never would have seen anything about her being warm because that is not what the producers wanted to show us. They frame the story. And people decide whether to believe it or not. Those same producers have a history of crafting both very misleading and flat out untrue storylines. 

Isn't in just your opinion that Jasmine got a bad edit? Or was portrayed as someone that she is not? I don't mean that in a snarky way but your opinion that Jasmine got a bad edit is based on what you think/believe based on what you have seen on this show. My opinion is based on what I have seen on the show. I don't watch television thinking, "Well, they're showing this person being nice/rude/whatever but maybe they are just the opposite so I'm not going to believe what I am seeing."

Maybe Luke got a bad edit and is a great guy. Maybe Keith is a cruel, mean person. I don't believe either of those things are true because their behavior on the show was consistent and therefore, I don't think it's off the wall to presume that we saw a relatively accurate picture of who they are. Same goes for Jasmine.

• Love 19
(edited)
20 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

The show never brought up David's past history of getting arrested for domestic violence at all, they even cast him in a spinoff. So many people are unaware of it because it never was brought up on air

Misogynoir  is a problem at MAFS. Just because you can personally see past it, doesn't mean the show hasn't been guilty of trying to frame a situation a certain way.

It's a very, very serious problem with the show.

I know this puts me in a very tiny minority --but I don't disrespect or disapprove of Iris being a virgin and proud of "saving herself" for her husband. It's not what I did in my own life, or what I recommended to my own daughters -but I think (so far) Iris was -and is- being honest and true to herself and about who she is and what she believes.

I also think Iris has "drunk the Kool-Aid" about "experts" creating "compatible" matches for their victims couples, creating a solid basis for them to forge a lasting marriage

(So feel free to snark away... 😁

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Isn't in just your opinion that Jasmine got a bad edit? Or was portrayed as someone that she is not? I don't mean that in a snarky way but your opinion that Jasmine got a bad edit is based on what you think/believe based on what you have seen on this show. My opinion is based on what I have seen on the show. I don't watch television thinking, "Well, they're showing this person being nice/rude/whatever but maybe they are just the opposite so I'm not going to believe what I am seeing."

Maybe Luke got a bad edit and is a great guy. Maybe Keith is a cruel, mean person. I don't believe either of those things are true because their behavior on the show was consistent and therefore, I don't think it's off the wall to presume that we saw a relatively accurate picture of who they are. Same goes for Jasmine.

No , it is not solely my opinion since things that happened at the reunion and after the show confirm Jasmine was given a bad edit. 

Luke got a better edit that he deserved from the show considering his abusive behavior was never called out for what it was by the show or network itself. We know he did not get a bad edit as evidenced by the way the rest of the cast has reacted to him. Luke is among the few people that have appeared on the show where people who have met him are making it clear that something is wrong. Kevin Frazier made it clear that Luke was a dishonest person. Frazier is about as close to an objective party as there is going to be on Luke's character since Frazier has nothing to gain/lose from saying anything on the topic. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

It's a very, very serious problem with the show.

I know this puts me in a very tiny minority --but I don't disrespect or disapprove of Iris being a virgin and proud of "saving herself" for her husband. It's not what I did in my own life, or what I recommended to my own daughters -but I think (so far) Iris was -and is- being honest and true to herself and about who she is and what she believes.

I also think Iris has "drunk the Kool-Aid" about "experts" creating "compatible" matches for their victims couples, giving them a solid basis for a lasting marriage

(So feel free to snark away...) 

I don't so much disapprove of Iris' decision to stay a virgin until she married, it is more than I question the choice to marry a stranger and potentially have that first time with someone who she doesn't know well. I would have felt differently had she been on The Bachelorette or similar show where she in theory had some choice in her match. 

The experts and producers have a spotty track record. They have made some good matches like Ashley and Anthony and matches that were always meant to be a trainwreck like Dave and Amber. Casting men like Dave or Jamie from the current season is always going to be a disaster because both men pick up on everything negative and are completely unwilling to work with anyone on anything. I think people like Iris focus on the successful couples and ignore the trainwrecks. While others think it might be worth the risk because they could be one of the success stories or at least get what the show has been truly successful at which despite what Pastor Cal said last season is making new friends at first sight. 

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I don't so much disapprove of Iris' decision to stay a virgin until she married, it is more than I question the choice to marry a stranger and potentially have that first time with someone who she doesn't know well. 

I certainly won't disagree with you about that!!

I would have felt differently had she been on The Bachelorette or similar show where she in theory had some choice in her match. 

I have no respect or sympathy for those "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" shows, or for people who choose to become their  victims competitors. (Sorry, but that's how I feel.)

The experts and producers have a spotty track record.

Ya' think?!

I think people like Iris focus on the successful couples and ignore the trainwrecks.

[CBL: For sure!]

While others think it might be worth the risk because they could be one of the success stories or at least get what the show has been truly successful at which despite what Pastor Cal said last season is making new friends at first sight. 

Indeed, and those "others" are far more practical than people (like Iris) who actually take that "For better or for worse ...Till Death do us part" thing seriously

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
(edited)
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I have no respect or sympathy for those "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" shows, or for people who choose to become their  victims competitors. (Sorry, but that's how I feel.)

I never watch those shows but it felt like the best example. MAFS is the only relationship reality show I watch and for some reason I keep watching even when it some seasons have been terrible. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 3