Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I wish these people would get advice that's better than "marriage ain't for punks".  How about not matching them up with punks.  How about how do you recognize a punk.  50 ways to leave your punk. Get the punk out of my face.  Something.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

I wish these people would get advice that's better than "marriage ain't for punks".  How about not matching them up with punks.  How about how do you recognize a punk.  50 ways to leave your punk. Get the punk out of my face.  Something.  

Ha! Yes! Maybe Cal should apply his own slogan when casting people, as in, "I'm sorry Luke (or Ryan, or Nick, etc.) we can't choose you because marriage (at first sight) ain't for punks. We need to find nice, well adjusted non-punks to match people with."

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

Not to mention that these people have been married for what? 20 minutes? What wisdom can they possibly impart to others?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha! Yes! Maybe Cal should apply his own slogan when casting people, as in, "I'm sorry Luke (or Ryan, or Nick, etc.) we can't choose you because marriage (at first sight) ain't for punks. We need to find nice, well adjusted non-punks to match people with."

I had watched the season finale of Seven Year Switch, season one, before coming here earlier.  The advice given to a husband in a marriage of 16 years with a wife who cheated multiple times was also "marriage ain't for punks".  He's definitely getting some mileage out of that!

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Not to mention that these people have been married for what? 20 minutes? What wisdom can they possibly impart to others?

Maybe the advice they'll impart is  "you can never know your partner?"

Edit: I can't spell

Edited by watchingtvaddict
15 hours ago, Kareem said:

I had watched the season finale of Seven Year Switch, season one, before coming here earlier.  The advice given to a husband in a marriage of 16 years with a wife who cheated multiple times was also "marriage ain't for punks".  He's definitely getting some mileage out of that!

Oh & exactly who was the punk there? Cal’s an idiot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

He and Jasmine were just not right for each other. She has her beliefs and wasn’t willing to compromise - that’s fine. He also has a way of looking at things and shouldn’t have to pay all the bills to keep her happy if it’s not how he really wants to live. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Soup333 said:

He and Jasmine were just not right for each other. She has her beliefs and wasn’t willing to compromise - that’s fine. He also has a way of looking at things and shouldn’t have to pay all the bills to keep her happy if it’s not how he really wants to live. 

Yeah, sometimes people just aren't compatible. Doesn't make either of them bad people, necessarily, just bad for each other. I wish more people would realize this instead of trying to change the other person into what they want them to be.

• Love 10

Will is full of crap.  The fact that he posted that clip shows he still wants to pretend it was about finances or anything other than what it was actually about.  He wasn't really into her and he still wants to tap dance around that. She knows that and everyone knows that. Then he tried to play games with her and see if she was someone that he could keep waiting in the wings just in case he changed his mind. Really not cool that he continues to drag it out. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 1

Will was taking questions on instagram and admitted he wasn't attracted to Jasmine.  He said his type was more Meagan Good...lol Men are funny. Will couldn't get a woman who looks like Meagan on his best day.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I'm surprised (then again not so much) that they picked a guy who is away several months of the year - hope the wife doesn't care much for quality time.

And a virgin?  Just no.

The next season already seems like it'll be painful to watch...

• Love 10

Saving virginity for marriage but willing to marry someone you just met on tv, screams crazy which is probably why she was cast. And she was matched with the guy who used Jay-Z and Beyonce as his ideal. Jay-Z has cheated on Beyonce numerous times, is this guy hoping for his own Lemonade?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Please Let them not make the whole story about her virginity (remember Shelia never had her big "O", I heard that way too much). If she chooses to lose it, please let it be off camera! I also wonder if her virginity is a religious thing or if she has done everything but..and is saving just sex for a commitment?

The Basketball player and his wife don;t look happy in the picture. Only way that will work if if she has some job that will allow her to travel. Plus those overseas jobs do not last long. You see NBA players go overseas for a year or two and then aren't asked back. 

I see another Will and Jasmine with Greg and Deonna. She is a strong carer minded home owner, who has not dated in 10 years! She will have big expectations I bet. 

Elizabeth and Jamie are AJ and Steph copy. Look fun and quirky , I say this is the couple most likely to work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just looked up Matt the basketball player. I was curious how tall he was. He is 6'10" played college ball for TN, went to a Christian high school. There are videos of him playing. He played in Mexico most recently. When he talks in the videos he is either uncomfortable or does not sound really smooth (kind of bland or dull, what to say this nicely).  there is also a music video of someone with the same name, looks the same, so is he wanting to get into music? His major was sports management , never heard of the major, is that to become an agent or just a major athletes take?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I just looked up Matt the basketball player. I was curious how tall he was. He is 6'10" played college ball for TN, went to a Christian high school. There are videos of him playing. He played in Mexico most recently. When he talks in the videos he is either uncomfortable or does not sound really smooth (kind of bland or dull, what to say this nicely).  there is also a music video of someone with the same name, looks the same, so is he wanting to get into music? His major was sports management , never heard of the major, is that to become an agent or just a major athletes take?

Sports management is a thing and it is to prepare for a career as an agent to professional athletes.

• Love 2

I just don't understand how someone could have seen how all these other weddings have gone on this show and still want to participate.  Pretty big price to pay for publicity, in my opinion.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I just don't understand how someone could have seen how all these other weddings have gone on this show and still want to participate.  Pretty big price to pay for publicity, in my opinion.

One of the guys, I think it was the one marrying the Virgin? said he went on the show because of the high success rate? What stats did they show him??? do they just say how many people say yes at D-day? I can't figure what stat makes the show look successful?

• LOL 4

MAFS success rate seems to be on par with other relationship oriented reality shows, if not better than some of those shows. The Bachelor and the Bachelorette don't have great success rates either . In the first 7 seasons of MAFS, there are 5 couples who stayed married for at least a year. Cortney and Jason are of course now getting a divorce but did last for several years. I'm not counting season 8 couples that stayed together since it has been less than a year. There have also been 4 babies born to the couples that are currently together. Based on that I can almost understand why some people might think it is a worthwhile risk. But you also might find yourself matched with a Luke or a Mia type person, so the risk isn't worth it for most people. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 5:57 PM, Soup333 said:

Can’t believe they would cast a virgin. She’s crazy and so are they. Smh. 

I was surprised as I thought someone who was careful to 'save herself' would be more careful in choosing a mate. Having TV personalities do it for her is throwing caution to the wind - unless they already know each other & this is a set up for another 'show success'.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, silverspoons said:

Please Let them not make the whole story about her virginity (remember Shelia never had her big "O", I heard that way too much). If she chooses to lose it, please let it be off camera! I also wonder if her virginity is a religious thing or if she has done everything but..and is saving just sex for a commitment?

I'm cringing already.  I've wondered if the big "O" was just a story line for her, & this could be too. It sucks either way though.

Edited by gonecrackers
edit wrong word
  • Love 4
On 5/2/2019 at 3:57 PM, Koalagirl said:

I hope I'm wrong but the new season looks like it might be the biggest trainwreck ever.

I feel like it's too soon for a new season.  I'm still weary and worn out from the last one.  And if this one is as much or more of a trainwreck I don't know if I have the energy to care much about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The one who says she's the "fun kind of crazy" seems like she'll annoy me, and I think it's very sad that her husband didn't get a passport until he met his partner.

The one who says he looks up to Beyonce and Jay-Z ... so he wants to cheat and have his wife make a fire-ass album about it? AND he's married to a virgin? Oh dear.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Kate and Jasmine were on Jamie and Doug's podcast. Far too much time was spent talking about Luke with all four of them giving their opinions about what is going on with him.  The most interesting tidbits were that Kate was recruited off of Instagram while Jasmine applied to be on the show and that Jasmine was apparently sky high while filming Unfiltered after having too much of an edible. 

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hot-marriage-cool-parents/e/60573528?autoplay=true

Am using my precious computer time from prison to comment on Jackie's engagement (a double middle fingers FU to Ryan) and Davina's new baby...mazel tov!

Both are faves who deserve happiness and best wishes...for surviving MAFS.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2019 at 11:28 AM, discoprincessthe2 said:

Jaclyn from Boston just got engaged!

She was a sweetheart. Congrats to her and wishing her and her cute fiance loads of happiness!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Idk who Davina is as I only started watching the tail end before the Boston season but congrats to her as well! 

She deserves it - her husband was one of the worst 😣

• Love 6
On 5/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, princelina said:

She deserves it - her husband was one of the worst 😣

I believe that Davina, from Season 2/NYC was paired with a guy named Sean, who was a nurse from NJ.  The deal was that Davina lived in NYC and Sean lived in NJ and didn't want to leave NJ at all.  He wound up being a real ass to her.

I hope that if Davina sold her apartment on 2nd avenue, she did so after 2017 because she would have made a pretty penny on it.

• Love 3
On 6/1/2019 at 8:02 AM, Neurochick said:

I believe that Davina, from Season 2/NYC was paired with a guy named Sean, who was a nurse from NJ.  The deal was that Davina lived in NYC and Sean lived in NJ and didn't want to leave NJ at all.  He wound up being a real ass to her.

I hope that if Davina sold her apartment on 2nd avenue, she did so after 2017 because she would have made a pretty penny on it.

Yep - old Barf Bag Sean.  I don't know why but he's my most hated husband of the bunch 😄

• Love 2
18 hours ago, princelina said:

Yep - old Barf Bag Sean.  I don't know why but he's my most hated husband of the bunch 😄

I think Sean was the first husband that was totally doing the show to be on tv and did not give a shit about being married. He had previously tried out and been rejected by reality shows like Survivor.

The worst part was that the show protected him to some degree and made Davina look like a snotty bitch. Even some of the experts went after Davina for not going along with the show’s bottom line. Davina  noticed from the honeymoon that Sean did not care to get to know her and was more interested in mugging for the camera.

A similar thing happened with Dave and Amber. They made Amber look like an insecure idiot when anyone could see he had no intention of staying married to her past decision day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

For those of you who have missed JamieO on teevee...

she's back...tonite 8-908pm

MAFS-Most Unforgettable Moments

Sentimental journey through the past 8 seasons with the top 8 most unforgettable moments in 8 categories....

Clip show of the more cringe worthy MAFS moments...so many to choose from...

• Love 3
(edited)

Yes, Sean's self proclaiming himself Christian Gray-esque made me barf a little in my mouth....

Mia getting arrested and put in airport jail has to be in the high(low)light reel....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

Not sure if this should go here but I watched the sneak peek for the new season last night. Elizabeth, the one with dyed red hair who describes herself as fun and crazy, seems like she will annoy me and she also looks much older than 29 to me. I can see why they put Iris, the one who is saving herself for marriage, with the guy they chose for her (I forget his name). They both have youth work in their backgrounds. In the other Black couple, the woman has been single for ten years. She basically hasn't dated since high school (and I got the impression she hasn't dated at ALL - no casual dates, "situationships," nothing), so I imagine it will be hard for her to be in a relationship now. There's one other couple but I don't remember much about them - I think one was a basketball player?

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Elizabeth, the one with dyed red hair who describes herself as fun and crazy, seems like she will annoy me and she also looks much older than 29 to me.

I just saw their wedding picture and, yes, she does look older than 29 and she needed a dress with straps to hold her boobs up.  

• Love 3