Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Not a good look for either of them but Jas confirmed what I long expected ...that the money is the main motivation for a lot of these men signing up for the show. They find an “ain’t shit” man like Luke who has got a tv friendly face (a lot of ladies go for that hipster look) and throw some money at him so he agrees to be on this shit show. I would not be surprised if the men are paid a lot more than the ladies. 

It seems to me that Jas is implying that Will and his lady friend had him go on the show solely for the check. It could be that Will is romantically involved with said lady friend and that might mean he was never open to the sight unseen marriage that is the premise of the show.

I saw on Reddit that Luke confirmed that he is working with a pr firm, so he is absolutely hoping to get more money out of this. 

It would be interesting that after all the speculation that Luke had a girlfriend or boyfriend waiting in the wings off camera, that it actually might be Will who was the one. It certainly would explain a lot of Will's behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Well, it could also be said that some of the women--in this case Jasmine, are in it for the money as well.   I don't expect her to get off Instragram until she's played out her 7 minutes of fame.  

Maybe Will wasn't open to marriage in the first place, maybe he and his friend are in a relationship, I don't know.  What I do know is that Jasmine still comes off as a bitter, money hungry woman. 

The reason I say it is more likely the men are more likely to be in it for the money is from what I heard this show always has a ton of female applicants and very few males applicants who are “camera friendly”. I am not trying to imply men are just naturally greedier than women.

4 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I saw on Reddit that Luke confirmed that he is working with a pr firm, so he is absolutely hoping to get more money out of this. 

It would be interesting that after all the speculation that Luke had a girlfriend or boyfriend waiting in the wings off camera, that it actually might be Will who was the one. It certainly would explain a lot of Will's behavior. 

Totally not surprised. The irony is that going on this show had been a bit of a PR disaster for Luke.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I heard this show always has a ton of female applicants and very few males applicants who are “camera friendly”.

The irony is that going on this show had been a bit of a PR disaster for Luke.

I'm not even sure that's true --although I wish it was.  

Luke now has face recognition. Even people who only saw commercials for the show, have 'seen him somewhere before'. 

...And even serial murderers have enamored 'groupies', so...

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

Will seemed so introverted and so uncomfortable on camera, it's hard to believe that he did it just for money.   I can't imagine the show pays that well to start with, given that you also have to take a significant amount of time off your real job to film.  I do think Jasmine hit the nail on the head when she said that Will was depressed.  Other posters hear have said the same.   I don't think he was in a space to find love with anyone

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Will seemed so introverted and so uncomfortable on camera, it's hard to believe that he did it just for money.   I can't imagine the show pays that well to start with, given that you also have to take a significant amount of time off your real job to film.  I do think Jasmine hit the nail on the head when she said that Will was depressed.  Other posters hear have said the same.   I don't think he was in a space to find love with anyone

If it’s true that he was depressed and she knew it, I understand her anger at the show/“experts” for matching them but it’s cruel for her to out his mental state. Jeez. He can’t help being depressed if he was and his post on Instagram after the show wasn’t an attack on her. 

I have no doubt she’ll try to suck up as much fame as she can off of this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Maybe he was depressed because he made a bad decision getting matched by the show & there was no easy out.

But really, IF he was/is actually struggling with depression, that was a major bitch move of hers putting it out there.

Good luck to her finding someone who will not just pay her bills, but trust her at all after this crap she's pulled post-show.

• Love 10

Or maybe she's just looking for more excuses for him saying thanks but no thanks to forever with you, boo.  She's already tried selfish, depressed, for the money, already has a girl...  

Maybe he thinks she's a 6.8.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

If it’s true that he was depressed and she knew it, I understand her anger at the show/“experts” for matching them but it’s cruel for her to out his mental state. Jeez. He can’t help being depressed if he was and his post on Instagram after the show wasn’t an attack on her. 

I have no doubt she’ll try to suck up as much fame as she can off of this. 

Depression doesn't excuse a person from being held accountable for the choices they made while depressed. At the end of the day, Will still chose to do the show, chose to be a passive-aggressive dick towards Jasmine, and continued to try and play with her emotions after filming wrapped with his whole "maybe we can date after the divorce " garbage. His post on Instagram was a discreet attack. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I'm not even sure that's true --although I wish it was.  

Luke now has face recognition. Even people who only saw commercials for the show, have 'seen him somewhere before'. 

...And even serial murderers have enamored 'groupies', so...

Maybe but I have a feeling the contract they sign for MAFS is limiting to what opportunities that they can accept for a a certain length of time. Even Jamie who has gotten the most of out being on MAFS has had her opportunities limited to the MAFS universe. And since the show seems to dislike Luke, perhaps for repeatedly failing to show up for filming, I'm guessing they might have him locked down long enough for recognition to fade. 

1 hour ago, Kareem said:

Or maybe she's just looking for more excuses for him saying thanks but no thanks to forever with you, boo.  She's already tried selfish, depressed, for the money, already has a girl...  

Maybe he thinks she's a 6.8.  

Yeah, keep trying Jasmine. 

Will certainly didn't seem depressed when he was around the other couples at that mini moon.  I think even then, the only reason he went to sleep was so he wouldn't have to spend much time with Jasmine.  If she hadn't been there I think he would have stayed awake.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Good luck to her finding someone who will not just pay her bills, but trust her at all after this crap she's pulled post-show.

The real Jasmine is showing up in her social media posts. Sad thing is that now she has fans who will support her in every attack against Will. 

I saw a FB post where someone said she knew Jasmine and Will is a coward. 

So now it’s her against him - but since he has chosen to take the high road it’s her version against his silence.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

The real Jasmine is showing up in her social media posts. Sad thing is that now she has fans who will support her in every attack against Will. 

I saw a FB post where someone said she knew Jasmine and Will is a coward. 

So now it’s her against him - but since he has chosen to take the high road it’s her version against his silence.

How is he silent and taking the high road if he is having friends attack Jasmine on social media?

7 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

How is he silent and taking the high road if he is having friends attack Jasmine on social media?

Maybe he didn't have his friend do anything. Maybe she spoke up on her own. I imagine she's a fully grown woman capable of making a decision to defend her friend if she chooses.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Maybe he didn't have his friend do anything. Maybe she spoke up on her own. I imagine she's a fully grown woman capable of making a decision to defend her friend if she chooses.

And Will chose to have someone who behaves that immaturely as his friend. Which continues to show what a douche he is. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

And Will chose to have someone who behaves that immaturely as his friend. Which continues to show what a douche he is. 

Same for Jasmine’s friends then because she was nothing if not immature in her response. Which is why it was deleted. Seriously this goes both ways. If I have a friend who steps in and defends me I’m a douche for that? 

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Same for Jasmine’s friends then because she was nothing if not immature in her response. Which is why it was deleted. Seriously this goes both ways. If I have a friend who steps in and defends me I’m a douche for that? 

1. Will created the original post that was throwing shade at Jasmine. He also had the audacity to pretend that he liked her family in the same post where he was taking shots at her. Despite his hashtags, the post proved he is lacking integrity.

2. Jasmine responded to that post since he had made sure she would see it by tagging her in the post. She then asked him to remove the references to her and her family. However Will refused to do that for several days.

3. It was while the post was still up that the friend decided to attack Jasmine. 

4. Will is douche for all that because he did not need to create that post to begin with. He did it because he wanted to take potshots at Jasmine. 

• Love 1

Unless I read a different post, I thought Jasmine was being a big baby with Will's post. She wanted him to delete references to her family? That were not negative? Seriously? Maybe he did like the father and family and the dog and hoped that it would work out because of their college connection. So just because it didn't work out between them, he's not allowed to say he liked the family and the dog? Sounds to me like Jasmine needed something to complain about and that was all she had so she used it. I think she looked like an ass doing that.

I will say that Will should have been more straightforward with her about his lack of feelings for her but if she's such a smart woman and didn't figure that out early on, that says something about her too. He should have laid it on the line in the finale that he was not interested in her because they had completely different views about critical things.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Unless I read a different post, I thought Jasmine was being a big baby with Will's post. She wanted him to delete references to her family? That were not negative? Seriously? Maybe he did like the father and family and the dog and hoped that it would work out because of their college connection. So just because it didn't work out between them, he's not allowed to say he liked the family and the dog? Sounds to me like Jasmine needed something to complain about and that was all she had so she used it. I think she looked like an ass doing that.

I will say that Will should have been more straightforward with her about his lack of feelings for her but if she's such a smart woman and didn't figure that out early on, that says something about her too. He should have laid it on the line in the finale that he was not interested in her because they had completely different views about critical things.

He didn't like the dog though, he tolerated the dog. Those are two different things. Will's references to Jasmine were negative, so for him to throw shade at her and be all "but I like her family" was shitty. And I don't think he liked her family at all since he got super irritated when they met her aunt and uncle. Will sent Jasmine mixed signals the entire time. He was still trying to do it during the reunion but she had enough at that point.

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

It’s a no-win situation for Will at this point. Had he thanked everyone and left Jasmine off there’d be some other extreme accusation against him. 

And this is the problem. For Will it was all about winning. Which is not what relationships whether they are romantic or platonic are supposed to be. He could of thanked her without throwing shade, but that would not have satisfied his inner scoreboard. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
4 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

He didn't like the dog though, he tolerated the dog. Those are two different things. Will's references to Jasmine were negative, so for him to throw shade at her and be all "but I like her family" was shitty. And I don't think he liked her family at all since he got super irritated when they met her aunt and uncle. Will sent Jasmine mixed signals the entire time. He was still trying to do it during the reunion but she had enough at that point.

This did not happen. Jasmine was the one who got irritated with her aunt and uncle and literally said she felt "betrayed" by them because they said Will was the head of the house. This is another baseless accusation.

And this is the problem. For Will it was all about winning. Which is not what relationships whether they are romantic or platonic are supposed to be. He could of thanked her without throwing shade, but that would not have satisfied his inner scoreboard. 

When did we see evidence of this? At what point on any episode during this season did Will make a single allusion to wanting to win something? Yet another.

I'm done though so don't bother making a list. I'm over Will being bashed and lied on. I actually watched this season so I know what happened. I didn't see this malicious, habitual liar in this man. He wasn't perfect by any means but all of this is really over the top.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Jon definitely loves attention but he's most likely putting this out there to solicit offers, otherwise he would just spill it in a blog post or something.

Yeah, that's why he's @'ing all the entertainment news outlets. He wants one of them to pay him for the privilege of sharing The Greatest Love Story of Our Time with them. People covers this show (IIRC they spoiled the news of Shawniece's pregnancy and Mia and Tristan's divorce), so it wouldn't surprise me if they covered this.

This show was always kind of tawdry just based on its premise, but lately it feels REALLY tawdry.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

This did not happen. Jasmine was the one who got irritated with her aunt and uncle and literally said she felt "betrayed" by them because they said Will was the head of the house. This is another baseless accusation.

When did we see evidence of this? At what point on any episode during this season did Will make a single allusion to wanting to win something? Yet another.

I'm done though so don't bother making a list. I'm over Will being bashed and lied on. I actually watched this season so I know what happened. I didn't see this malicious, habitual liar in this man. He wasn't perfect by any means but all of this is really over the top.

Except it did happen. The Aunt said something about husbands being responsible for finances and Will shut down. So it is not baseless.

And the evidence of Will's internal scoreboard was there all season. If Jasmine said something he didn't like, he had to contradict it. Even when Jasmine stated a fact, he had to contradict her.

Will is not being "lied on". He did those things. When he met the dog, his first reaction was to automatically decide the dog wasn't house trained, despite not having any evidence of that. So for him to now act like he liked the dog is just ridiculous on his part. If his fans don't like the truth about Will, that is not my problem. 

Edited by aphroditewitch

Jon has always been desperate for attention. If those news outlets wanted to talk to him, he would not have needed to tweet that. His thirst is just pathetic. 

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Jon definitely loves attention but he's most likely putting this out there to solicit offers, otherwise he would just spill it in a blog post or something.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah, that's why he's @'ing all the entertainment news outlets. He wants one of them to pay him for the privilege of sharing The Greatest Love Story of Our Time with them. People covers this show (IIRC they spoiled the news of Shawniece's pregnancy and Mia and Tristan's divorce), so it wouldn't surprise me if they covered this.

This show was always kind of tawdry just based on its premise, but lately it feels REALLY tawdry.

Oh, John, I had liked you when you were on the show. Do you really think anyone at this point cares that you hooked up with a low-end therapist from a bottom of the barrel reality tv show? These news outlets would have come to you if anybody gave damn. I guess with Dr. Blondie losing her job and your work history being spotty at best you are really going to have sing at the intersection of fame whore and desperation in order to have some sort of cash flow. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I guess with Dr. Blondie losing her job

I thought she quit?!

What I'd love to see would be for him to go off-script and tell the real story about shenanigans behind the scenes...besides in addition to those with his future bride.

Edited to add: Maybe he can confirm whether or not the show gives a financial incentive for staying together on Decision Day. 😁

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I thought she quit?!

What I'd love to see would be for him to go off-script and tell the real story about shenanigans behind the scenes...besides in addition to those with his future bride.

Perhaps the real interesting story would be from Molly's perspective.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Both Jon & Blondie have thrown a bit of shade at the show on social media all while trying to get a show about their love story. Jon especially likes to post and then delete, I think he went after her to 'win' and prove that there is a woman that actually wants him. He was not subtle is flirting with her on social media and then posting attention seeking posts when she meet him for drinks at first she was at least discrete but then she lowered herself to his standards and starting posting attention seeking posts too that it when I really started side eyeing her, if she wants to claim she is a professional and there is nothing wrong with their relationship then she needs to stop posting like a teenage girl defending her first crush.

I suspect he gave up his job when he moved in because he travelled a lot with her when she was fulfilling her show commitments and now she apparently has given up the show to be with him so good luck to them, nobody really cares anymore it was never a huge scandal in the media so why he keeps pushing to get the 'true' story out there is puzzling to me. They bring their relationship up constantly on social media and then act all butt hurt when people comment anything but positively on their 'true love' I would not be surprised if Jon goes full rogue when his NDA is up even if it brings up further negative comments he is so intent on proving himself right that it doesn't seem to matter to him that people start questioning her professionalism again.

I would love to hear Molly's take on the experiment and what followed because I suspect Jon was a self entitled douche behind the scenes who played the victim on camera very well just to prove he was right and it wasn't his fault that the marriage failed. Blondie does not help herself by defending behavior from Mia and Puke who deserved to be called out like she called Molly out.

If they really want to protect their relationship and stop people questioning her ethics then they would stop posting attention seeking posts and then pushing back against the haters and just quietly go about everyday life instead of seeking validation from a bunch of strangers on the net.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Soup333 said:

As good a time as any to say a quick thank you, @Soup333, for your fun, funny and on target posts all season.  It was truly a joy reading them.  On to the next!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

As good a time as any to say a quick thank you, @Soup333, for your fun, funny and on target posts all season.  It was truly a joy reading them.  On to the next!

You’re welcome. I enjoy this forum and can’t wait for next season. It’s the perfect summer show. Wonder if these people know how their every action will be dissected. 😂😂

• Love 2
5 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Both Jon & Blondie have thrown a bit of shade at the show on social media all while trying to get a show about their love story. Jon especially likes to post and then delete, I think he went after her to 'win' and prove that there is a woman that actually wants him. He was not subtle is flirting with her on social media and then posting attention seeking posts when she meet him for drinks at first she was at least discrete but then she lowered herself to his standards and starting posting attention seeking posts too that it when I really started side eyeing her, if she wants to claim she is a professional and there is nothing wrong with their relationship then she needs to stop posting like a teenage girl defending her first crush.

I suspect he gave up his job when he moved in because he travelled a lot with her when she was fulfilling her show commitments and now she apparently has given up the show to be with him so good luck to them, nobody really cares anymore it was never a huge scandal in the media so why he keeps pushing to get the 'true' story out there is puzzling to me. They bring their relationship up constantly on social media and then act all butt hurt when people comment anything but positively on their 'true love' I would not be surprised if Jon goes full rogue when his NDA is up even if it brings up further negative comments he is so intent on proving himself right that it doesn't seem to matter to him that people start questioning her professionalism again.

I would love to hear Molly's take on the experiment and what followed because I suspect Jon was a self entitled douche behind the scenes who played the victim on camera very well just to prove he was right and it wasn't his fault that the marriage failed. Blondie does not help herself by defending behavior from Mia and Puke who deserved to be called out like she called Molly out.

If they really want to protect their relationship and stop people questioning her ethics then they would stop posting attention seeking posts and then pushing back against the haters and just quietly go about everyday life instead of seeking validation from a bunch of strangers on the net.

I think you might be totally correct. I did like Jon on the show and a lot of ladies thought he was handsome. I think it was a shock to him that his bride totally rejected him and was not into him at all. It probably really hurt because the pretty, blonde, and slim Molly was exactly what he was looking for. Molly did act like a jerk towards him but his behavior after he left the show has done him no favors. 

First, I am beginning to suspect that the reason he was so ready to give up his job to be on the show was less for love and more because he did not really enjoy a nine to five and thought this show was going to make him a minor celebrity. I do not care that he found love with Dr. Blondie. At first, it raised my eyebrows but most it is something about which most people do not care or instantly forget about. Jon's constant showboating has done nothing but cost the woman he supposedly loves her one probably very well paid gig. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3

I would not be surprised if Jon goes full rogue when his NDA is up even if it brings up further negative comments

I want him to go full rogue! 😎

He was not subtle is flirting with her on social media and then posting attention seeking posts when she meet him for drinks at first

Really?! He went after her first like that? Interesting. 🤔

They bring their relationship up constantly on social media

They did it after they went public. It was my understanding though that there had been speculation about those two for a while (especially on Reddit), especially since people had spotted them canoodling publicly all over Boston. So much for discretion!

2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

First, I am beginning to suspect that the reason he was so ready to give up his job to be on the show was less for love and more because he did not really enjoy a nine to five and thought this show was going to make him a minor celebrity.

I always thought that it was interesting that he said that he had lost his job to come on the show because his employer wasn't cool with him doing it. Did any of the show's participants have that kind of problem? I don't think the names of the companies for whom many of the show's participants were even mentioned on the show. (We did know, for example, that Jepthe taught in the K-12 system up there, and Ryan was a fireman, but those seemed like exceptions.)

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 10:11 AM, aphroditewitch said:

Jon has always been desperate for attention. If those news outlets wanted to talk to him, he would not have needed to tweet that. His thirst is just pathetic. 

Why is he stopping there? Shouldn’t someone alert CNN, Fox, or MSNBC?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I want him to go full rogue! 😎

Really?! He went after her first like that? Interesting. 🤔

They did it after they went public. It was my understanding though that there had been speculation about those two for a while (especially on Reddit), especially since people had spotted them canoodling publicly all over Boston. So much for discretion!

I always thought that it was interesting that he said that he had lost his job to come on the show because his employer wasn't cool with him doing it. Did any of the show's participants have that kind of problem? I don't think the names of the companies for whom many of the show's participants were even mentioned on the show. (We did know, for example, that Jepthe taught in the K-12 system up there, and Ryan was a fireman, but those seemed like exceptions.)

I think I read that Sonia was written up for being on the show but not fired. I could totally see an employer firing you for being on this or any reality show, for a lot of different reasons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Empress1 said:

I think I read that Sonia was written up for being on the show but not fired. I could totally see an employer firing you for being on this or any reality show, for a lot of different reasons.

I was surprised to see Jepthe go through with the show. I think some of what Shawniece did (like the lapdance at the wedding reception) embarrassed him because he was a teacher. I can understand if some of the parents of his students looked at him sideways because of him being on the show. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I was surprised to see Jepthe go through with the show. I think some of what Shawniece did (like the lapdance at the wedding reception) embarrassed him because he was a teacher. I can understand if some of the parents of his students looked at him sideways because of him being on the show. 

He even said "Um, I'm a teacher" when she started talking about sex at the wedding - he was clearly worried about how this would look on TV to his students and more likely, their parents (I think he was an elementary school teacher so his students probably weren't watching).

Even leaving aside the acting a fool on TV thing, there are other factors. The filming schedule is supposed to be pretty rigorous. What if the show has you doing stuff that interferes with your work? What if you're an accountant and all this is going on between January 1 and April 15? You can't take time off to go on a honeymoon and then a mini-moon a few weeks later during tax season, you know?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

He even said "Um, I'm a teacher" when she started talking about sex at the wedding - he was clearly worried about how this would look on TV to his students and more likely, their parents (I think he was an elementary school teacher so his students probably weren't watching).

Even leaving aside the acting a fool on TV thing, there are other factors. The filming schedule is supposed to be pretty rigorous. What if the show has you doing stuff that interferes with your work? What if you're an accountant and all this is going on between January 1 and April 15? You can't take time off to go on a honeymoon and then a mini-moon a few weeks later during tax season, you know?

If Jepthe was that worried, he shouldn't have chosen to appear on a reality show. And he certainly should have thought about it before appearing on a second reality show where he admitted to cheating on the wife he met on tv. 

Job concerns are probably among the reasons why several people have backed out during the casting process.

• Love 8

Agree w/. others that at this point Jon is just looking for attention and for offers for their "love story". Maybe everyone got it wrong about him? Much like when everyone felt bad for David in Atlanta and then when he was on MAFS 2C everyone figured out that he was a big d-bag.

• Love 3
On 4/16/2019 at 4:13 PM, After7Only said:

Jasmine better watch out in making an armchair diagnosis of Will regarding possible depression.  The next thing you know a cadre of depressed people and/or their loved ones will come down on her for associating his lethargic and unenthusiastic traits with clinical depression just because there are people out there that sometimes make unwarranted assumptions about what equals depression.  Is there an emoticon for "irony"?

Whatever is wrong with Will, it has been clear to me from the start that it's something, and that he should seek help for it.  I can't blame Jasmine for trying to put a name on it to defend herself and make sense out of what happened to her.  I did not see her posts so I can't comment on whether or not she did so in a destructive, nasty way, but I think it has to be hard to be put in a situation with someone like that and then come out looking like the bad guy when it might not have been all on you.  I don't think that outing him on that or her other nasty posts were OK, but I do have some sympathy for it.  And if there was something going on with him, the experts should have noticed it and not put him on the show, but I've long stopped expecting these unprofessional nitwits to really know what they're doing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

the experts should have noticed it and not put him on the show, but I've long stopped expecting these unprofessional nitwits to really know what they're doing.

It's TV, so of course they really don't care about anyone's well being. They cast mostly for drama & to create issues, then cling to the few who happened to pan out, for now, & over sell their 'successes'.  Frauds.

2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I imagine Jon is grinding  his teeth somewhere after seeing the new People article and photos from Jamie and Doug's "secret" vow renewal, since they probably did get paid for this. Jamie and Doug might be annoying but Jamie has better hustle than anyone else who has come out of MAFS.

https://people.com/tv/married-at-first-sight-jamie-otis-doug-hehner-vow-renewal-five-years/#jamie-otis-9

Attention whore had to grab the spotlight back again, at least for a few minutes.  She's had a wedding & two vow renewals in under 5yrs - enough already.

• Love 3

I don't think Will was depressed.  He knew early on that this match wasn't going to work, and he was just hoping that someone would put him in an induced coma until it was over.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that he's smiling now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Jasmine better watch out in making an armchair diagnosis of Will regarding possible depression.  The next thing you know a cadre of depressed people and/or their loved ones will come down on her for associating his lethargic and unenthusiastic traits with clinical depression just because there are people out there that sometimes make unwarranted assumptions about what equals depression.  Is there an emoticon for "irony"?

Whatever is wrong with Will, it has been clear to me from the start that it's something, and that he should seek help for it.  I can't blame Jasmine for trying to put a name on it to defend herself and make sense out of what happened to her.  I did not see her posts so I can't comment on whether or not she did so in a destructive, nasty way, but I think it has to be hard to be put in a situation with someone like that and then come out looking like the bad guy when it might not have been all on you.  I don't think that outing him on that or her other nasty posts were OK, but I do have some sympathy for it.  And if there was something going on with him, the experts should have noticed it and not put him on the show, but I've long stopped expecting these unprofessional nitwits to really know what they're doing.

I'm not convinced that Will was depressed. I just think he is immature and is a pseudo-intellectual. His behavior is something I expect from a 20 year old, not someone who is in their late thirties. I think a lot of people want to blame Jasmine or whatever Will's issues are but I think he would have been like this with anyone. Which gives the impression that Will has contempt for women who don't agree with him on every single thing and he feels the need to dismiss any woman who has her own opinion. His facial expressions at the reunion when they were showing flashbacks of Kate and Luke were creepy. And then there was the weird way he turned towards Luke when he was asked what he admired about the other couples. It was truly creepy.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2019 at 12:11 PM, gonecrackers said:

Attention whore had to grab the spotlight back again, at least for a few minutes.  She's had a wedding & two vow renewals in under 5yrs - enough already.

Agreed , I thought to myself the same thing, another vow renewal?

It's funny, I saw that MAFS Fan posted a question on their IG account recently asking fans which former cast member/cast members would you like to see have a spinoff show and I was surprised at the amount of people commenting Jamie & Doug. At this point I feel they had more than their 15 min of fame and I would welcome anyone else!

14 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

Agreed , I thought to myself the same thing, another vow renewal?

It's funny, I saw that MAFS Fan posted a question on their IG account recently asking fans which former cast member/cast members would you like to see have a spinoff show and I was surprised at the amount of people commenting Jamie & Doug. At this point I feel they had more than their 15 min of fame and I would welcome anyone else!

I would only watch to snark, but I'm not sure what they could do with them that would be so interesting. There would have to be a lot of made up or overblown story lines, but there's only so much fabricating that can be done.  The last show with them having the baby was even pretty boring.  Jamie grabs any attention she can get which helps her professionally shill crap to her loyal followers on SM. But at this point, besides her MAFS gigs, they're just regular people living a regular life; nothing particularly special or TV show worthy about them.

• Love 2

This is from Shawniece's IG:

Edited: Awww, the post got deleted. 

Basically Shawniece posted a promotional flyer for one of Pastor Cal's upcoming "Marriage Ain't For Punks" seminars. It's going to feature Jepthe, Shawniece, Kristine, and Keith.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1