Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I looked through Keith's instagram now that it is public. I had wondered how long he had been in college and working as a tech. He has been at the same hospital as a dialysis tech since he started posting over 7 years ago. In 2013 he says he has one more year to go on his nursing degree, seems like he at that time knew he should be done. So 6 years later and he still has 1 year left on his nursing degree? It also showed his mom and his sisers graduated from college during the same time (his grandma sure seems like the backbone supporting the women getting degrees).  I hope Kristine lights a fire under Keith. It seems like from his SM his last 7 years were pretty much stuck in a rut. No way he will become a doctor at this speed. 

If he had 1 year left several years ago, then he would now almost definitely have to redo any nursing courses he might have taken. I can't see any nursing school accepting anything other than prereqs that were so old. I question whether nursing would be  good fit for him anyway. If he is determined to be in health care, physical therapy or occupational therapy might be a better fit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

If he [Keith] had 1 year left several years ago, then he would now almost definitely have to redo any nursing courses he might have taken. I can't see any nursing school accepting anything other than prereqs that were so old. I question whether nursing would be  good fit for him anyway. If he is determined to be in health care, physical therapy or occupational therapy might be a better fit. 

Good idea! If Keith went into Physical Therapy, he'd get those abs his wife wants a lot faster! ...And he wouldn't even need a gym membership. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

If he had 1 year left several years ago, then he would now almost definitely have to redo any nursing courses he might have taken. I can't see any nursing school accepting anything other than prereqs that were so old. I question whether nursing would be  good fit for him anyway. If he is determined to be in health care, physical therapy or occupational therapy might be a better fit. 

If you look at his SM, he has a good number of posts of him over the years in the break room, he does not seem that happy with his job. While I get everyone has bad days, the only days he posts seem to be not that great. My gut says that he is in the medical field because it is a solid recession proof job and it allows him to work a bunch of shifts and then travel to the islands where his dad is from?

You are correct about classes being redone. My husband considered nursing school because I had a dream of living in a cute small town that had little employment but a medical center. He had everything he needed , grades, test scores, but by the time he was going to start his chemistry classes were became 4 years old and they would have to be redone. 

I looked at Kristine's SM and she studied to become a realtor in 2014.  Still unsure what she did before that? But Keith and Kristine both look like they had a party side in their younger years. Keith unlike Kristine, does post about his family, he seems very proud of those women in his family that take care of him. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, milwaukeemak said:

Update on Dr Jessica from mafsfan: She quit on her own.

14 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I don't believe it. Jon was way too salty for it to have been her decision. Sounds like she is trying to save face. 

If she quit because the shenanigans over the Philly season, then she gets a point from me for that. Regardless of whose side one is on, this season left a bad taste in my mouth.

On another note, Jasmine apparently managed to bond with Mia from Dallas:

As for next season

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 4

Wow, the Jasmine/Mia Redemption Tour.  Interesting!

The honeymoon choice looks lovely. 

Agree with you. Princess, that if she chose to leave because of the Philly season being brutal, it would be understandable. 

I've also wondered whether it could be because she has been bombarded with criticism over her choice to be with Jon, especially when she mentioned not being taken seriously.  I don't know if she would say that about the Pepper and our pal, Cal, who seem to go along with just about anything.  Maybe that's why Jon is salty as well?  I don't want to hurt myself trying to figure them out.  haha

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

If she quit because the shenanigans over the Philly season, then she gets a point from me for that. Regardless of whose side one is on, this season left a bad taste in my mouth.

On another note, Jasmine apparently managed to bond with Mia from Dallas:

Oh FFS your 15 minutes is over now go away.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

Dr. Jessica chose to be with Jon. That means she gets all the criticism that goes with that decision. She managed to be the worst of the three "experts" which is saying something. So the idea that she left due to shenanigans just doesn't ring true. I think she played herself by being so public about her relationship with Jon and that cost her the job. She was perfectly happy going along with the nonsense as long a she was being paid. 

• Love 6

Wow - Jasmine and Mia? Mia looks beautiful in that pic, tho and I didn't even recognize that as her (it's amazing how just getting out of a blanket can help), but that brings what I took as some measure of class in Jasmine wwwwaaaayyyyy down. Looks like maybe SHE was in it just for possible fame?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Dr. Jessica chose to be with Jon. That means she gets all the criticism that goes with that decision. She managed to be the worst of the three "experts" which is saying something. So the idea that she left due to shenanigans just doesn't ring true. I think she played herself by being so public about her relationship with Jon and that cost her the job. She was perfectly happy going along with the nonsense as long a she was being paid. 

I think the nail in her coffin just might have been that *she* was the one who encouraged Kate to stay with Puke, not leave when she could have still had a smidge of dignity left. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I think the nail in her coffin just might have been that *she* was the one who encouraged Kate to stay with Puke, not leave when she could have still had a smidge of dignity left. 

Wasn't Dr. Jessica the one who said to Kate that she wished Kate had said something earlier so that the experts could have helped her sooner?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Wasn't Dr. Jessica the one who said to Kate that she wished Kate had said something earlier so that the experts could have helped her sooner?

Dr. Jessica said that on decision day. Which made very little sense because Kate did reach out to her earlier. When Kate reached out to her earlier in the season, Dr. Jessica claimed they would support Kate if she wanted a divorce but then she told Kate to speak to Luke. If they had actually wanted to make a show of pretending to care, an expert would have been there when she spoke to him. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think she played herself by being so public about her relationship with Jon and that cost her the job.

I wonder if any of the participants (other than Molly) are astute enough to question whether or not her advice is given with the best intentions. I know that if I were on the show, I would be side eyeing everything she said and trying to figure out if she was using the husbands as some kind of real life Tinder.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Hmmmm....... I don’t believe this is the real story. Can someone clarify the timeline here? According to them, they hooked up 5 months after season 6 ended (officially anyway). I am assuming she was already filming season 7. This doesn’t explain why she was also on Happily Ever After?, Honeymoon Island, or season 8. When were all of these post season 6 shows filmed??!? Suddenly now, there’s too much flack??? 

• Useful 2
50 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Hmmmm....... I don’t believe this is the real story. Can someone clarify the timeline here? According to them, they hooked up 5 months after season 6 ended (officially anyway). I am assuming she was already filming season 7. This doesn’t explain why she was also on Happily Ever After?, Honeymoon Island, or season 8. When were all of these post season 6 shows filmed??!? Suddenly now, there’s too much flack??? 

I honestly think that Dr. Jessica and Jon started hooking up during season 6. Which is at least partially supported by the unprofessional way that  Dr. Jessica went after Molly.

Most of the shows were filmed before Jessica and Jon became so public on social media. Happily Ever After? was filmed at least in part after season 7 wrapped because of the pregnancies. But Danielle and Bobby might have started filming after the other two couples started to film. Even before Jon and Jessica officially became public, people knew they were together. And there were questions at that time of whether it was ethical and appropriate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

There was a post a few days ago on Jon's (I think) Instagram about how Dr Blondie was hurt but had learnt that you can not trust people to have your back in the television industry and it was her choice to quit it was just before the People article came out but it is gone now. From how salty he has appeared the last few months I really do not think it was her choice.

But in related news there is this, so guess they are getting married, hopefully they will both go away now.

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, crazychicken said:

There was a post a few days ago on Jon's (I think) Instagram about how Dr Blondie was hurt but had learnt that you can not trust people to have your back in the television industry so it was her choice to quit it was just before the People article came out but it is gone now. From how salty he has appeared the last few months I do not think it was her choice.

But in related news there is this, so guess he is getting married again.

I just saw that. I think they will end up divorced too. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Now Kate is considering doing some stories on IG:

Wow. I didn't watch the reunion. Looking at that picture ... I mean, I never thought Kate dressed well - she seems to choose shapeless dresses that don't flatter her - but it's really glaring in that picture. I like Jasmine's outfit - that yellow is gorgeous against her skin. Kristine looks great in that red. I don't like Stephanie's jumpsuit but it's a good color and fits perfectly. And Kate's in a colorless sack! 

I won't miss Jessica; I've always thought it was inappropriate for her to be there if she was dating (now marrying - seems fast, but none of my business) Jon.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2

I wonder when Dr. Jessica and Jon started dating. Seems like the engagement came quickly. I am guessing that is the reason why she quit the show entirely (because she knew she would get flack once the engagement came).

I also agree that I am not a fan of Kate's dresses/style and she always looked so frumpy. Sorry but no interest in her IG stories!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

I wonder when Dr. Jessica and Jon started dating.

Probably right about the time she was telling off Molly in their 'session'.

And the way she handled that issue was also completely unprofessional, which again makes me suspicious.

Potential clients, beware...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 4/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, Ohwell said:

I noticed she had the hashtag "#icanpaymyownbills."  That's a good thing, Jasmine, because that's just what you'll be doing.  

Oh NOW she can pay her own bills.  What happened to "you have to pay the bills, because you're the man."  She can miss me with that 1950's shit.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Yes, they all need to move on.  I hope Will and his friend are done posting, but I think Jasmine will still keep trying to flip switches.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

I wonder when Dr. Jessica and Jon started dating. Seems like the engagement came quickly. I am guessing that is the reason why she quit the show entirely (because she knew she would get flack once the engagement came).

I don't think the engagement was that quick, especially in light of getting married at first sight. 😄People had spotted them canoodling together after the Boston season. It seems they only confirmed the dating rumors once they got really serious. Of the three grooms from that Boston season, Jon turned out to be the most marriage-minded. (We know how Jepthe struggled, and the less said about Ryan, the better.) 

• Love 4

I don't have IG or Twitter accounts, so I do appreciate it when posters include some of the info - thanks! It seems like the couples from this year are being a little more open in what they are sharing after the fact. And maybe it's a bad picture of Luke and the woman above, but neither of them look too thrilled to be together. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I guess there was more Instadrama with Jasmine and Will’s friend. 

17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, they all need to move on.  I hope Will and his friend are done posting, but I think Jasmine will still keep trying to flip switches.

Not a good look for either of them but Jas confirmed what I long expected ...that the money is the main motivation for a lot of these men signing up for the show. They find an “ain’t shit” man like Luke who has got a tv friendly face (a lot of ladies go for that hipster look) and throw some money at him so he agrees to be on this shit show. I would not be surprised if the men are paid a lot more than the ladies. 

It seems to me that Jas is implying that Will and his lady friend had him go on the show solely for the check. It could be that Will is romantically involved with said lady friend and that might mean he was never open to the sight unseen marriage that is the premise of the show.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Not a good look for either of them but Jas confirmed what I long expected ...that the money is the main motivation for a lot of these men signing up for the show. They find an “ain’t shit” man like Luke who has got a tv friendly face (a lot of ladies go for that hipster look) and throw some money at him so he agrees to be on this shit show. I would not be surprised if the men are paid a lot more than the ladies. 

It seems to me that Jas is implying that Will and his lady friend had him go on the show solely for the check. It could be that Will is romantically involved with said lady friend and that might mean he was never open to the sight unseen marriage that is the premise of the show.

Well, it could also be said that some of the women--in this case Jasmine, are in it for the money as well.   I don't expect her to get off Instragram until she's played out her 7 minutes of fame.  

Maybe Will wasn't open to marriage in the first place, maybe he and his friend are in a relationship, I don't know.  What I do know is that Jasmine still comes off as a bitter, money hungry woman. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Well, it could also be said that some of the women--in this case Jasmine, are in it for the money as well.   I don't expect her to get off Instragram until she's played out her 7 minutes of fame.  

Maybe Will wasn't open to marriage in the first place, maybe he and his friend are in a relationship, I don't know.  What I do know is that Jasmine still comes off as a bitter, money hungry woman. 

I agree she seems bitter and really should let this go. However, she might be angry Will came off as a nice guy when she looked like a money hungry shrew. This is why going on a reality show is usually never a good idea. She and “Will’s Lady Friend” need to go away.

• Love 9