Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Kate needs to quit drinking.  If someone has no problem with booze, then, judging from the conversation they had in the car,  putting the glass down is a no-brainer.  So, I'm now a little concerned with her drinking habit. 

She needs to just stop.  Her husband has issues with it...real or imagined.  Put.the.booze.down.  It should be easy if there's no dependency.  

Then Luke needs to stop drinking too. He is not a teetotaler himself, we have seen him drink on numerous occasions at this point.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, endure said:

Quote:  The mission statement of Hidden Intimates is to help customers find the pieces that make them feel “beautiful and confident” in their skin.

Well, I hope that she leans on that mission statement heavily when dealing with her husband.  If she kicks his ass, I'll be inclined to believe in her confident self.  Otherwise, I'm afraid her actions aren't speaking very loudly in her self-confident quest for lingerie enlightenment and sales. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Jamie was on a podcast recently, her part starts at about the 9:30 mark and she goes into more recent things about the show including her thoughts about Kate and Luke around the 33:30 mark and then goes into her thoughts about Jon and Jessica right after. 

https://player.fm/series/reality-life-with-kate-casey/ep-152-jamie-otis-from-the-bachelor-and-married-at-first-sight

Interesting.  Jamie can really talk, can't she.  The host didn't even have to ask a question and off she went!!! 

1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Interesting.  Jamie can really talk, can't she.  The host didn't even have to ask a question and off she went!!! 

Jesus. The host couldn’t get a word in edgewise. 

A lot has been said about Production edits, but I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet:  

When A.J. told Stephanie (on camera) about his horrible motorcycle accident, I remember seeing his hyper-excited face describing it... and then nothing else. Did they tell the camera-person to stop filming? ...Did Production edit out the gruesome details, as well as anything A.J. may have told Stephanie about brain damage and/or lasting effects that he wanted her to understand? 

...And could that have something to do with Stephanie's seemingly endless patience with A.J.'s emotional outbursts??  

[By the way... unlike in folklore, in real life people who sustain brain damage due to some sort of injury after birth cannot pass those complications down genetically.]

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Useful 2

Am I the only one who remembers what Luke's mother said about the show?  She disapproved because it "made a mockery of marriage".  She knew Luke had an agenda.  She knew Kate was serious about the marriage and was not in on the joke and tried to steer her to reality.  She seemed cold but what she was, was disgusted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, aphroditewitch said:

Lifetime is slowly adding full episodes from Season One to their YouTube page. While episodes have previously only been available on YouTube for money, they are now just adding full episodes for anyone to watch. 

Amazon prime has season one only for free.

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Wow - is Philly that expensive or are they adding the Luke and Kate factor to raise the rent? I personally don't know anyone who would understand (or care about) that reference.

I took a look at comps on the same street and that seems ridiculously high even if the furniture is included.  I see decorated town homes with 2700 square feet and 4 bedrooms going for $1,000 less.....

• Love 2

I wonder why they felt they could price it that high. Something being on MAFS isn't exactly a selling point, IMO.

I know that Philly can be expensive but that was well over $1,000 more than a larger place in some of the most coveted neighborhoods in Chicago. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 1

I wonder why they felt they could price it that high. Something being on MAFS isn't exactly a selling point, IMO.

I don't know anything about Philly real estate prices, but I thought it was cute. Maybe they are charging extra for the bad karma it now holds?

• LOL 4

Will & Jasmine - 
Don't stay together because she's been a ball breaker from Day One.  Good on him for not adding sex into the mix.  Wishing him a woman he doesn't have to sleep through to escape, and her, someone she can give financial planning and pancake instructions to. 

Kate & Luke -
Don't stay together.  There's nothing there.  Luke has more issues than Vogue and broken Kate came out of a five year relationship where the man wouldn't marry her because she's not Jewish.  She's lost.  Disaster.   

Keith & Kristine -
Stay together, as she talks him out of having kids tomorrow and pushes him to get as far as he's able in the medical field.  

Stephanie & AJ -
Don't stay together because he's nuts, forever is a long time to deal with his crap and at 37, he's not going to change.  Hoping she'll find someone great and kind and he can go back to thinking he's funny and GrubHub for one.  

JMHO, wishful thinking.  

• Love 6
On 3/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, Retired at last said:

Wow - is Philly that expensive or are they adding the Luke and Kate factor to raise the rent? I personally don't know anyone who would understand (or care about) that reference.

Queen Village, where that place is located, is a gentrifying trendy area - but that price is stupid high for a place that size in that neighborhood, even if it's furnished. You can spend half that to rent a similar place (beds, baths, square footage). It's clearly newly renovated (it has the dreaded open floor plan), but still.

• Useful 1

Kate has perfected her look!  Woe is me.  Poor Kate.  The last guy left after five years!  Something is definitely wrong with this damsel in distress!  She plays her role so well while downing another glass of wine!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Cortney and Jason have confirmed that they are divorcing. 

Well that's sad.  I always liked these two together.  I wonder if it had to do with her wanting to move back to South Carolina and him wanting to stay in New York?

• Love 2
On 3/28/2019 at 8:19 AM, aphroditewitch said:

Well so it seems that r only 4 couples left as the last ones standing . . .

Jamie/doug, ashley/anthony, shawniece/jephte and danielle/bobby

And who knows how much longer those 4 will actually last themselves

4 of 21 is a dismal, abysmal, disappointing yet NOT too surprising 81% failure rate since season 1

Too bad those so called "experts" never will mention that fact ever in any shape way or form and hope that viewers will forgot about it as well lol

Thats their strategy, to hype their remaining stars while hiding all their past duds/failures, in the hopes that no one will see/realize what complete and utter frauds they turned out to be

The show is just purely for entertainment/train wreck value only, as any hopes of a real match for a long term marriage and loving relationship that might actually develop there is merely coincidental and an unintentional side effect hahaha 😂😂😂

• Love 5
On 3/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, discoprincessthe2 said:

I like this collage so much. If I had a band, I'd want this to be the cover.

(That also may be the best thing to come out of this season.)😄

Any picture with puke on it must be photoshopped and/or edited OUT before printing hahaha 😂

• LOL 2
On 3/28/2019 at 11:19 AM, aphroditewitch said:

For some reason this makes me sadder than you would think. They seemed the only real legitimate couple to ever come out of this show.  I know a lot of people love Ricky Bobby but that is a relationship where one partner gives and the other takes.  Now Jaimie will probably not shut up about being the only first season couple left standing.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, qtpye said:

For some reason this makes me sadder than you would think. They seemed the only real legitimate couple to ever come out of this show.  I know a lot of people love Ricky Bobby but that is a relationship where one partner gives and the other takes.  Now Jaimie will probably not shut up about being the only first season couple left standing.

I think it is sad because I feel that they loved and cared about each other. But they did want different things and eventually that seems to have taken over everything else. 

They weren't a bad match so I don't blame the experts for this not working out because no one can predict how they are going to feel about their relationship four-five years into the future. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think it is sad because I feel that they loved and cared about each other. But they did want different things and eventually that seems to have taken over everything else. 

They weren't a bad match so I don't blame the experts for this not working out because no one can predict how they are going to feel about their relationship four-five years into the future. 

So true. Were they one of the younger couples to be matched? I remember them being quite compatible with both having dreams about burgeoning about careers in makeup or wrestling. You are a different person at 35 than 25 and sometimes couples grow apart.

The relationship therapist that Neurochick kindly posted recently (at YouTube) had a sensible and interesting assessment of all the characters along with her predictions re D Day.  Good stuff!    

• Love 4
21 hours ago, qtpye said:

So true. Were they one of the younger couples to be matched? I remember them being quite compatible with both having dreams about burgeoning about careers in makeup or wrestling. You are a different person at 35 than 25 and sometimes couples grow apart.

I didn't watch the first season but I wouldn't put divorce after 5 years on the experts. People who meet organically split/divorce after 5 years all the time and if they got together in their 20s and are now in their 30s, it may be that they just grew apart, as you say. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I didn't watch the first season but I wouldn't put divorce after 5 years on the experts. People who meet organically split/divorce after 5 years all the time and if they got together in their 20s and are now in their 30s, it may be that they just grew apart, as you say. 

I felt that Cortney and Jason were far apart from the start and were trying to work through a compromise on some major issues, and it was obvious early on that it was a struggle to meet in the middle.  Watching them on "First Year" only confirmed this.  One big thing was that she wanted to live back home in NC and he was a NY boy born and bred.  It was obvious to me that there was always tension between them about where to live.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I felt that Cortney and Jason were far apart from the start and were trying to work through a compromise, and it was obvious early on that it was a struggle to meet in the middle.  Watching them on "First Year" only confirmed this.  One big thing was that she wanted to live back home in NC and he was a NY boy born and bred.  It was obvious to me that there was always tension between them about where to live.

I agree. Cortney said she did not want to raise kids in NYC, but Jason was living his dream of being a NYC firefighter, so I didn't see it working out long term. I think they only held on as long as they did because they love & care for each other, & got along in other ways, which probably makes the split that much more difficult. Sad...

• Love 3

I feel like Kristine and Keith could face similar issues about where to live, children, and careers. He talks about going to medical school but is not in one yet. There is no guarantee that he will get into one in the Philadelphia area, which is a problem since that is where Kristine is trying to establish herself as a real estate agent. So what happens if he were to get into a medical school in California, Texas, New York, or Illinois? Is Kristine supposed to uproot and start over or does Keith decide to be content with a nursing career. This is also an issue with having kids which Kristine alluded to because Keith is talking about a lot of school and then onto an internship and residency. But then he mentions wanting kids and five years, those two things are at odds because if school/career aspirations are going to keep you away from home so much, you're not going to have time to be a hands on parent. Keith needs to reevaluate because those things are going to be an issue for a lot of women so it goes beyond whether he and Kristine work out or not. 

And a lot of this in on the experts/producers because they knew that Keith was talking about many years of school ahead that could take him to a different city. And they knew that Kristine has a career. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree. Cortney said she did not want to raise kids in NYC, but Jason was living his dream of being a NYC firefighter, so I didn't see it working out long term. I think they only held on as long as they did because they love & care for each other, & got along in other ways, which probably makes the split that much more difficult. Sad...

That's like Lily and Tom from Miami. I called that they would split up when they reached the "where is this going?" place in their relationship because they want different things. They liked, maybe even loved, each other but sometimes your goals are incompatible with a person and there's nothing to be done. I've seen the "is NYC & the surrounding area our forever place or nah?" debate split up a number of couples. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

That's like Lily and Tom from Miami. I called that they would split up when they reached the "where is this going?" place in their relationship because they want different things. They liked, maybe even loved, each other but sometimes your goals are incompatible with a person and there's nothing to be done. I've seen the "is NYC & the surrounding area our forever place or nah?" debate split up a number of couples. 

That is where this show fails. Look, it is really hard to predict chemistry and sometimes it is a dice toss. However, goals are pretty straight forward. It was obvious that goal-oriented professionally driven Lily was not going to mesh with Tom's laid back surfer lifestyle for the long term. They should have never been brought together for marriage even though they had great chemistry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Kareem said:

The relationship therapist that Neurochick kindly posted recently (at YouTube) had a sensible and interesting assessment of all the characters along with her predictions re D Day.  Good stuff!    

I might have changed my mind a bit after listening to this expert.  She explains things very well.  Interesting.  

• Love 4

I think all four couples should divorce on D-Day. However for the purposes of the show, I think three of them will opt to stay together (Stephanie/AJ, Keith/Kristine, Will/Jasmine). By the end of next season, 2-3 of those couples will have split publicly.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I feel like Kristine and Keith could face similar issues about where to live, children, and careers. He talks about going to medical school but is not in one yet. There is no guarantee that he will get into one in the Philadelphia area, which is a problem since that is where Kristine is trying to establish herself as a real estate agent. So what happens if he were to get into a medical school in California, Texas, New York, or Illinois? Is Kristine supposed to uproot and start over or does Keith decide to be content with a nursing career. This is also an issue with having kids which Kristine alluded to because Keith is talking about a lot of school and then onto an internship and residency. But then he mentions wanting kids and five years, those two things are at odds because if school/career aspirations are going to keep you away from home so much, you're not going to have time to be a hands on parent. Keith needs to reevaluate because those things are going to be an issue for a lot of women so it goes beyond whether he and Kristine work out or not. 

And a lot of this in on the experts/producers because they knew that Keith was talking about many years of school ahead that could take him to a different city. And they knew that Kristine has a career. 

I think this is all a lot of what Judge Judy calls "puffing." I am just not buying that Keith has nursing or medical school in his future. I think he completed a certificate program to be a dialysis technician and may be pursuing other areas (radiology tech, etc.) that pay more money or perhaps have hours that work better with his new married status-- if they stay married.

I can't help but laugh at the thought of him in nursing school. My friends were completely dedicated to school, stayed single, lived with other student roommates and were basket cases at the amount of work involved. Is Keith pushing 30? Where was all this drive and determination before? How is going to pay for nursing school? Loans? Will Kristine-- who wants to secure a future-- be happy about accumulating such debt at the beginning of the marriage? I think they are throwing terms like "school" around very loosely here. 

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I might have changed my mind a bit after listening to this expert.  She explains things very well.  Interesting.  

She lost me when she said that Jasmine is "working so hard" to make it work with Will. I have not seen that at all.

• Love 6

I know someone who did nursing school with a busy social life, a fiance, while planning her wedding, & working at the same time, & I'm sure she's not the only example of that. I do believe Keith can do all of it too, if he's driven. He's been driven enough to do quite a bit of change & growth for Kristine, so he could do school if he wanted. I'm curious about med school though; they may have contrived that one. As others have said Kristine being in real estate in Philly will probably not work, given she's driven in her career & can't just pick up & move.  And kids will be an issue - he can't count on Kristine taking on the bigger load or using Grandma who is finally getting a break. I think they'll stay together on d-day & may even still be together, but I'm not seeing long term working out for these two, unless we've been fed a bunch of BS & their goals are different than we've been led to believe.

Reg. Kate & Luke, I have trouble commenting on them for so many reasons but since this is the spoilers thread I'm just gonna say I think they have an agreement going on; she is planning some lingerie company launch so probably feels her sympathy edit will help. Maybe he thinks being on teevee will help his business as well, & even though it seems like it shouldn't given his behavior, he says he gets a lot of positive from encounters with viewers - there are people who will always love the bad guy so it's plausible. Even if they started out legit & things went to shit, they didn't have to drag it out & it's been very weird, so I am suspicious of both of them at this point.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I think this is all a lot of what Judge Judy calls "puffing." I am just not buying that Keith has nursing or medical school in his future. I think he completed a certificate program to be a dialysis technician and may be pursuing other areas (radiology tech, etc.) that pay more money or perhaps have hours that work better with his new married status-- if they stay married.

I can't help but laugh at the thought of him in nursing school. My friends were completely dedicated to school, stayed single, lived with other student roommates and were basket cases at the amount of work involved. Is Keith pushing 30? Where was all this drive and determination before? How is going to pay for nursing school? Loans? Will Kristine-- who wants to secure a future-- be happy about accumulating such debt at the beginning of the marriage? I think they are throwing terms like "school" around very loosely here. 

I can buy the idea of him going to nursing school, a lot of older students go to nursing school. Although as I said on a different page in this thread, I don't believe he was in nursing school when the season was filmed because there is no way he could have taken the time for the honeymoon, since the weddings/honeymoons were during the fall semester. Medical school is a stretch for multiple reasons. It seems added on because either Keith or the show still has dated ideas about nursing and men in nursing. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Did anyone else see the clip for this week's decision day where Pastor Cal says something like, "I always fight for marriage. But, in this case, I do not." I am sure it is taken out of context, but maybe when Kate and Luke say they will stay married, as we have speculated, he actually tries to talk them out of it?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Did anyone else see the clip for this week's decision day where Pastor Cal says something like, "I always fight for marriage. But, in this case, I do not." I am sure it is taken out of context, but maybe when Kate and Luke say they will stay married, as we have speculated, he actually tries to talk them out of it?

Nah, I thought he might have said that in reaction to hearing that they want to split.  Like he agrees with them that it's not worth fighting for that marriage.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, qtpye said:

That is where this show fails. Look, it is really hard to predict chemistry and sometimes it is a dice toss. However, goals are pretty straight forward. It was obvious that goal-oriented professionally driven Lily was not going to mesh with Tom's laid back surfer lifestyle for the long term. They should have never been brought together for marriage even though they had great chemistry.

I seriously doubted that Tom was going to be "tamed" into living a more conventional lifestyle and leaving life on the bus behind for good. Judging by her reaction at the second honeymoon, I thought there was no way that Lily would ever seriously consider living on that bus, let alone raise a family there.

13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t believe for one minute that Keith will go to medical school. 

17 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I can buy the idea of him going to nursing school, a lot of older students go to nursing school. Although as I said on a different page in this thread, I don't believe he was in nursing school when the season was filmed because there is no way he could have taken the time for the honeymoon, since the weddings/honeymoons were during the fall semester. Medical school is a stretch for multiple reasons. It seems added on because either Keith or the show still has dated ideas about nursing and men in nursing. 

17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I know someone who did nursing school with a busy social life, a fiance, while planning her wedding, & working at the same time, & I'm sure she's not the only example of that. I do believe Keith can do all of it too, if he's driven. He's been driven enough to do quite a bit of change & growth for Kristine, so he could do school if he wanted. I'm curious about med school though; they may have contrived that one.

While it's possible for some to fit in a wedding and a family (and even a job) while in nursing school, there is no way Keith could have just taken off those first two weeks in September from school (especially from clinicals!) and just pick up once he got back. It doesn't work that way. He probably would have had to sit out the Fall 2018 semester entirely.

There are definitely students who are older than a traditional college student who decide to go to nursing school. Some opt for an accelerated program if they already have a bachelor's degree and are changing careers. I don't know whether that applies to Keith. Accelerated programs tend to be even more intense because of the compressed format. Kudos to Keith (and anyone else) who could balance nursing school and a new marriage.

As for medical school, I don't understand why Keith would be in nursing school if he eventually wants to be a doctor. He would probably have to take additional prerequisites if he really wanted to go to medical school. He's asking a lot from Kristine to hold him down during all that time, especially if they were to have children within the next five years like he wants.

While the nursing profession is still predominately female, Keith would be able to make a decent living as a registered nurse.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:45 AM, aphroditewitch said:

The last one gets it only partially correct. Dr. Jessica gave Luke a complete pass on Unfiltered. 

This is interesting. This weekend I rewatched bits of earlier episodes, including the one where Dr. Jessica brought in footage of AJ's problematic communication with Stephanie. She was willing to call AJ out (even though AJ's demeanor during the entire interaction was even more problematic), but not Luke. 🤨

Meanwhile, in the midst of the Jason/Courtney split and upcoming Decision Day, Jamie lets us know that all is well with her:

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 4
(edited)
37 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

While it's possible for some to fit in a wedding and a family (and even a job) while in nursing school, there is no way Keith could have just taken off those first two weeks in September from school (especially from clinicals!) and just pick up once he got back. It doesn't work that way. He probably would have had to sit out the Fall 2018 semester entirely.

Sounds reasonable, but didn't that Ashley from Atlanta do nursing school while on the show?  (the person I know who did all that graduated a month before she married, so was freed up for her honeymoon)

I don't know about Keith though; there seem to be conflicts in the stories reg. him. Maybe school is totally a story line & he's doing what he's going to do. Maybe that's why Kristine is upset, since we know she was making more than him & not too happy about it.

Edited by gonecrackers
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Sounds reasonable, but didn't that Ashley from Atlanta do nursing school while on the show?  (the person I know who did all that graduated a month before she married)

I don't know about Keith though; there seem to be conflicts in the stories reg. him. Maybe school is totally a story line & he's doing what he's going to do. Maybe that's why Kristine is upset, since we know she was making more than him & not too happy about it.

Ashley might have been doing prereqs. Or she already had  a RN degree and was doing online coursework for the BSN. She definitely graduated from nursing school a few years after the show. 

• Love 2