Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Sonia and Anthony are telling it like it is. I wonder if Sonia will reach out to Kate after the season ends. Her situation with Nick was similar.

I don't know if Sonia's was really the same as Kate (Didn't Nick sleep wth Sonia once and she asked to keep it quiet and he respected her), but Sonia being a social worker and having so much in common should be able to help more then the experts.

Anthony is right, 3 other couples at different stages in marriage in that tiny airbnb could not be fun! 

I tried reading another post on SM, but facebook, and now instragram are not working for me and I know my internet is working fine. I am not big on facebook, just use it to look at local people selling stuff and peak at a few reality pages, is it down for everyone? or just me?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I tried reading another post on SM, but facebook, and now instragram are not working for me and I know my internet is working fine. I am not big on facebook, just use it to look at local people selling stuff and peak at a few reality pages, is it down for everyone? or just me?

It's not just you. They're having some problems worldwide w/ facebook, instagram & whatsapp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Kate knew/knows exactly what she was doing when she made that "dramatic" confession to Dr. Pepper.  This is just another way of her drumming up sympathy for....what?  A reality show?  I don't know what she wants but I think she's looking for some kind of payoff as a result of being on this show.  

Luke is a straight up ass, but I think Kate is far more manipulative that he could ever dream of being.  He could take lessons from her.

Really? I don’t see that at all. I’m curious about how you think she is manipulating the situation. I know that everyone gets edited per production’s whims but we’ve seen Luke say and do plenty of hurtful things and he’s owned up to the ones that are reported but not shown on camera. There’s so much evidence that he’s a manipulative gaslighter. I’m not necessarily convinced that Kate is a sweet, naive, innocent little flower but I can’t see her anywhere near as nasty and manipulative as Luke.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 7

I think Kate had to tell Puke that she told "the secret". Otherwise, when they bring it up, and you know they will, he will be blindsided and won't have time to think of a story about a friend who had a heart attack during sex and that's why he doesn't like it or want to talk about it.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Really? I don’t see that at all. I’m curious about how you think she is manipulating the situation. I know that everyone gets edited per production’s whims but we’ve seen Luke say and do plenty of hurtful things and he’s owned up to the ones that are reported but not shown on camera. There’s so much evidence that he’s a manipulative gaslighter. I’m not necessarily convinced that Kate is a sweet, naive, innocent little flower but I can’t see her anywhere near as nasty and manipulative as Luke.

I've acknowledged that Luke is an ass, but I see her as being far more manipulative with her "poor widdle Kate" act.  We just see her differently, that's all, and we can agree to disagree.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I've acknowledged that Luke is an ass, but I see her as being far more manipulative with her "poor widdle Kate" act.  We just see her differently, that's all, and we can agree to disagree.  

Right - I didn’t mean to sound argumentative. I’m curious what she does though that you see as manipulative? The crying? What she says to the other wives or to the experts?

• Love 1

Someone posted on another message board that production has put out a casting call for DC. 😶Oh, my, that's going to be a mess.

13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think Kate had to tell Puke that she told "the secret". Otherwise, when they bring it up, and you know they will, he will be blindsided and won't have time to think of a story about a friend who had a heart attack during sex and that's why he doesn't like it or want to talk about it.

If Luke were to tell a story like that, I wouldn't stop laughing. 

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/7/2019 at 10:33 AM, aphroditewitch said:

would not tell them I felt repulsed and dead inside 

Nah....I’d tell them! I am a former smoker of more than 10 years ago and it was exactly that very harsh type of commentary that pushed me over the edge to quit cold turkey. Turned out it was super easy to quit even though i had started at 14. So I’m happy to return the favor and elaborately tell any smoker how repulsed and dead inside it makes me feel

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I read somewhere, Reddit maybe, that Dr. Jessica is not included in the upcoming Charlotte season. Might explain all of Jon's petty tweets and comments lately. 

Honestly I'm glad if they didn't ask her to return. I feel all of the experts this season had nothing of value to add and did not intervene in any way trying to protect Kate from all that emotional abuse.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Watched the First Look for the next episode. Why on earth did Kate decide to tell Luke about telling the secret while they are TRAPPED in a car? If she didn't want to tell him during the mini-moon, at least wait until they're back home where they can get away from each other afterwards!

On the other hand, being "trapped" in the car meant he couldn't disappear into another room for two hours and might force a conversation as to what his issue is.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

On the other hand, being "trapped" in the car meant he couldn't disappear into another room for two hours and might force a conversation as to what his issue is.

I thought that was why she did it.

Have they ever done an west coast city? DC next? Why not Sacramento or Phoenix? 

• Love 2

Kate doesn't have wattage to preplan... but

Better to let the dash cam film Puke freaking out about her letting the cat out of the bag than in front of the production crew.

Puke's verbal bobbing and weaving...word scrambles as evasive answers in measured of long pauses...his speaking cryptically and heavy use of vocal fry... gargling out words out slowly....Never amounts to anything remotely coherent when filmed with a crew.

But In the car, Puke has no problem yelling at the top of his lungs at Kate when she tells him she broke her promise to keep silent about their forking.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

https://www.newsweek.com/married-first-sight-spoilers-sex-secret-kate-luke-1363863

Blondie is telling Kate to GTF Away from Puke....

Puke has demonstrated time after time that Kate doesn't matter to him...by his insults, his calling her a lush, not acknowledging their month anniversary, making her keep secret their sexy time...

Gonna flip a table if she wants to stay married to his POS on D Day...knowing full well that she will opt to stay married like the dopey dope she has been all season.

Gonna want to punch Puke’s smug face at that moment...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2

I’ve said it before but if ‘Dr. Trauma’ wanted credibility in her field she would’ve never done this show, not to mention kept coming back for more seasons. Maybe after this season’s new low it won’t be worth it anymore & she’ll move on. Her TV ‘expert’ Z level fame might keep clients coming, but if I was looking for a therapist & saw her performance on this show I would most definitely keep looking.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8

Per Dr. Jessica:

"Emotionally abusive relationships often include some form of gaslighting. ...This type of covert psychological maltreatment can be damaging."

"These are real marriages and even if we express our opinion that it's unhealthy, none of us can force a couple to separate...There is hope. https://www.thehotline.org "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope may be available, but not everyone can afford it

A.J. could afford help, and I think he would benefit very much from it. 

Puke, on the other hand, is a lost cause.

(I just hope that Kate hasn't become one, too.)  

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
forgot something
  • Love 3

The interview provided by Treehugger9, above, proves that Puke is a lying liar who lies!

I did note, however, that he is still getting quite a bit of the notoriety that fame whores all crave;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’ve absolutely had fans approach me!” he [Luke] said. “Despite how hateful the media reaction [to me] has been, the people that recognize me in the real world have been incredibly respectful. I’ve even had a few fans want to take pictures with me and I’m more than happy to do so no matter how they want to frame the moment.”

Sigh...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Treehugger9 said:

Luke is a terrible liar. He claims he tried to resolve his problem with Kate drinking but that is a lie. You can't resolve something with someone if they are not involving them and talking behind their back. That is not remotely how someone would handle a situation if they were concerned that someone was drinking too much. But he was never actually concerned about Kate, he was looking to derail the conversation away from his own behavior. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke is a terrible liar. He claims he tried to resolve his problem with Kate drinking but that is a lie. You can't resolve something with someone if they are not involving them and talking behind their back. That is not remotely how someone would handle a situation if they were concerned that someone was drinking too much. But he was never actually concerned about Kate, he was looking to derail the conversation away from his own behavior. 

He also claimed to be so private

I was going to write some diabtribe, but you know what? I've had enough of him already, so I don't care to hear of any other explanations for his behavior.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, aphroditewitch said:

I think if it is true that Dr. Jessica is not coming back for the next season it was not her choice and her contract with the show was either terminated or not renewed. 

On 3/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, aphroditewitch said:

I read somewhere, Reddit maybe, that Dr. Jessica is not included in the upcoming Charlotte season. Might explain all of Jon's petty tweets and comments lately. 

MAFS Fan tweeted Jon's IG post which seems to confirm Dr. Jessica's not coming back.

• Love 3

MAFS FAN also posted a spoiler in their IG story. Apparently Jasmine commented in reaction to a MAFS casting ad something like, Don't do it, it's not worth it, I am living proof. So although no one is surprised , it appears Jasmine and Will are not together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

MAFS FAN also posted a spoiler in their IG story. Apparently Jasmine commented in reaction to a MAFS casting ad something like, Don't do it, it's not worth it, I am living proof. So although no one is surprised , it appears Jasmine and Will are not together.

I’m sure she takes all responsibility for her part in the failing of her marriage. I’m sure. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

But, @aphroditewitch, do you honestly think that these two people would have ever found themselves as a couple the traditional way? They may not communicate well, but they were seriously mismatched from the beginning, I believe.

It is not really about them as a couple. I don't think they were meant to be together but neither one comes across as capable of a good relationship with anyone unless they change. 

• Love 1

I saw someone post on another site about applying in NC. They mentioned Dr. Jessica was not there. It was a Dr. Viviana. I remembered when I was searching for one of those therapist Dr. Now uses for his my 600 lb life patients , seeing a Dr. Viviana in Houston that was marriage and sex therapist. I remembered the page, because usually therapist pages have the insurance info and office hours but this page looked like the therapist wanted to be known, kind of as a brand. I wonder if this is our new expert for the next season? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I haven't watched most of this season but this comment from Jamie stood out as usually she is rooting for the couples even when they seem a disaster. Makes me think Luke must be a bigger douche than usual.

Screenshot_20190320-164906_Instagram.thumb.jpg.968f9574f4556fc6b9aa68f89a31a5f0.jpg

Exactly. If there was a shrewd of truth in Luke’s argument about Kate Jamie probably wouldn’t have posted this. You’d think she has access to information we don’t and she’d know if Kate was some closet drunk. It’s crazy how Luke is now successfully manipulating the audience as well but this how he operates. 

• Love 6

If Kate is pissed or upset about Luke implying to everyone that she's a handsy drunk, she does have the option to cut him off at the knees by not drinking.

• Love 3

If Kate is pissed or upset about Luke implying to everyone that she's a handsy drunk, she does have the option to cut him off at the knees by not drinking.

Well yeah, but the poor girl needs some coping mechanism and all the yoga and guided meditation in the world can't blot the stain of Luke 24/7.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Kate needs to quit drinking.  If someone has no problem with booze, then, judging from the conversation they had in the car,  putting the glass down is a no-brainer.  So, I'm now a little concerned with her drinking habit. 

She needs to just stop.  Her husband has issues with it...real or imagined.  Put.the.booze.down.  It should be easy if there's no dependency.  

Be that as it may, Puke needed to keep his pants up instead of choosing to have sex with his apparently oh, so drunken, Mata Hari wife.    🙄  Jus' tryin' to keep her happy and quiet....

AJ needs to be kicked to the curb and Stephanie needs to run like hell afterwards.  He's a ticking time bomb.  His behavior with the other lab rats was very telling.  His slapping Puke, however much I don't like Puke, was WAYYYY out of line.  Keep your damn hands to yourself, creep-o.  I'd have flattened him. 

His behavior at the gym....wth???????  Her joy just became his personal misery????  I wonder how things will go when it's time to have him eat by himself if she has a prior commitment to something he finds annoying.  

Jazmine.  Let Will go.  He's just not into you any more than you're into him.  He needs a nap.  He will bore you to death. 

K&K.  *yawn* 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I kind of got the impression that when Kate initiates sex, Luke turns her down and insinuates that she is drunk. However, when Luke initiates, and Kate asks him if he is going to be weird afterwards and he says no and then they do and then he is, it is because HE initiated it. So, she must not have been drunk then. (Drunk being a relative term, since 1 or 2 glasses of wine doesn't usually get people drunk. Not me - two sips of wine and a Happy Meal and I am drunk and full - the epitome of the world's best cheap date!) But, it seems like he enjoys turning her down, and then she goes along when HE wants it, even though she knows it will still be weird and awkward. Just stop!!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Is Jessica the one that argued for Luke and Kate? I wonder if that has anything to do with her no longer being involved with the show?

That's possible --and I'm not sure-- but my own best guess on that one is that Jessica is probably preggers with Jon's baby --which would really look bad for the show!

• LOL 1
57 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

That's possible --and I'm not sure-- but my own best guess on that one is that Jessica is probably preggers with Jon's baby --which would really look bad for the show!

I dunno why that'd look bad for the show; Dr. Jessica and Jon are one of the biggest success stories from the US franchise. 😏

Regarding next season:

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Kate needs to quit drinking.  If someone has no problem with booze, then, judging from the conversation they had in the car,  putting the glass down is a no-brainer.  So, I'm now a little concerned with her drinking habit. 

She needs to just stop.  Her husband has issues with it...real or imagined.  Put.the.booze.down.  It should be easy if there's no dependency.  

Be that as it may, Puke needed to keep his pants up instead of choosing to have sex with his apparently oh, so drunken, Mata Hari wife.    🙄  Jus' tryin' to keep her happy and quiet....

AJ needs to be kicked to the curb and Stephanie needs to run like hell afterwards.  He's a ticking time bomb.  His behavior with the other lab rats was very telling.  His slapping Puke, however much I don't like Puke, was WAYYYY out of line.  Keep your damn hands to yourself, creep-o.  I'd have flattened him. 

His behavior at the gym....wth???????  Her joy just became his personal misery????  I wonder how things will go when it's time to have him eat by himself if she has a prior commitment to something he finds annoying.  

Jazmine.  Let Will go.  He's just not into you any more than you're into him.  He needs a nap.  He will bore you to death. 

K&K.  *yawn* 

She can 't put the booze down if she's an alcoholic and wherein lies the marriage problem!  Every scene she's holding a glass of wine while the others drink water!  I noticed that last night!

Doesn't  Dr Jessica already have a divorce and small children???

12 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I haven't watched most of this season but this comment from Jamie stood out as usually she is rooting for the couples even when they seem a disaster. Makes me think Luke must be a bigger douche than usual.

Screenshot_20190320-164906_Instagram.thumb.jpg.968f9574f4556fc6b9aa68f89a31a5f0.jpg

I never thought I would say this but kudos to Jaimie for not towing the company line. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Yeah, okay, great. But there's been a lot of crappy on this show with many of the couples in past & all that slid by. So now, there is a line that's been crossed by Luke, but, how far will they move the next line that will be crossed- that's the disturbing question. Each season seems to get worse, so, what's next - physical abuse?  For fuck's sake they need to clean this up badly, & they could do that by tossing people to the curb who call their spouse nasty, degrading names first off (or get arrested) - fine if they want to stay married for whatever reason; it's their problem, but the show can refuse to film them anymore. Instead, it's like the crazy people who commit crimes, loving the notoriety, so then we get copycat criminals, & on this show they keep upping the ante with bad behavior, which is a very bad direction to be headed. Not that Jamie has control but she's signed on, getting paid, & is mostly supportive of everything going on. It's all about ratings, so, I don't believe any of them really care.

Edited by gonecrackers
36 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Someone confirmed what I posted earlier. Dr. Viviana is the new expert for the next season. Any ideas on how she will fit in or change the show.

Dr. Viviana made sure to point out that she is a happily married mother of two. As Nene Leakes would say, "Bloop, bloop, bloop!"

• Love 2

Just looked at MAFS fans Instagram story. Some things regarding Kate (that her motivation was to open a business) and confirming that dr Jessica is out. Also that the Charlotte weddings are filming this weekend 

She can 't put the booze down if she's an alcoholic and wherein lies the marriage problem!  Every scene she's holding a glass of wine while the others drink water!  I noticed that last night!

We have seen her drinking water plenty of times and everyone seemed to be drinking on the minimoon, not just Kate. Even Luke was drinking. 

I really hate to see Kate labeled an alcoholic just on Luke's say-so. He is not a credible source and in fact, is constantly looking for ways to make things her fault.

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

Just looked at MAFS fans Instagram story. Some things regarding Kate (that her motivation was to open a business) and confirming that dr Jessica is out. Also that the Charlotte weddings are filming this weekend 

Has anyone other has Jamie gotten a true financial boost from being on this show? I'm aware that some have had the opportunity to sell crappy fitness tea and other junk on their social media but no one is getting rich from this show. Random YouTubers are making more money.

• Love 4