Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Dave was seen as as 'victim' by many at one time --but then when he was given the opportunity to choose among a group of amazing women, he chose the *one* woman who thought she was too good (or too pretty) for him. 

Beautiful & superficial + Dave = an obvious match imho.

Yeah I guess I'm just surprised because she wasn't attracted to Jon, said stuff like he made her skin crawl... but yet, she's attracted to Dave?

• Love 7

It was posted by the show so could just be for PR. If not, well, maybe they're together because no one else wants them. And my feet hurt just looking at those shoes she chose for walking Disney; maybe sneakers aren't glam enough (the bunions she develops won't be either).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Dave was seen as as 'victim' by many at one time --but then when he was given the opportunity to choose among a group of amazing women, he chose the *one* woman who thought she was too good (or too pretty) for him. 

Beautiful & superficial + Dave = an obvious match imho.

I don’t know him so I don’t have an opinion. I do have a question. Where did they meet up to match? Second chances? Why would they give Molly a second chance when she was so horrible?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

I don’t know him so I don’t have an opinion. I do have a question. Where did they meet up to match? Second chances? Why would they give Molly a second chance when she was so horrible?

Molly wasn't part of Second Chances as it was filmed before her MAFS season.  Dave definitely isn't getting any third chances, thankfully.

They probably met at one of the MAFS SM events or something. Present & past participants are always posting pics of themselves hanging out somewhere, to promote the show.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Molly wasn't part of Second Chances as it was filmed before her MAFS season.  Dave definitely isn't getting any third chances, thankfully.

They probably met at one of the MAFS SM events or something. Present & past participants are always posting pics of themselves hanging out somewhere, to promote the show.

Dave is the one who was on both MAFS and Second Chances. I actually liked him quite a bit, before Second Chances...

Molly was on MAFS and was extremely obnoxious imho.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Dave is the one who was on both MAFS and Second Chances. I actually liked him quite a bit, before Second Chances...

Molly was on MAFS and was extremely obnoxious imho.

I'm aware; saw it all (unfortunately - Second Chances was horrible IMO).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, crazychicken said:

This really does not belong here but it is hilarious, they captured the experts so well.

Holy crap hope this doesn't give these idiots any ideas.  lol

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

I feel bad for Amber because she probably feels as though she was set up to fail. They matched her with someone who has no true interest in being a husband. So I can't slam her for being upset when it seems clear that Danielle and Bobby were the only match with any potential, while the  she and others were there to pad the show with drama.

• Love 5

Neil was my coworker until I switched jobs in June.  It wasn't until the end of the season I realized I worked with Neil (he was in our Atlanta office, but we still worked together on various projects and he started out in our office).  I've been an avid watcher of MAFS (all things reality really) since the beginning and it was funny the day I realized it and sent him an email going "how did I not know you're MAFS Neil?" He really is a great guy.  Smart, personable, funny and even better looking in person.  It became a joke in our work emails I'd have a "fan girl" portion where we'd shoot the breeze show related and then "official" section for the work stuff.  

So I'll forever be a Neil backer.  

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Kareem said:

For putting up with that hideous and vile knucklehead, Neil forever has my admiration and respect.  

For me it's also for dumping her on decision day - more of them really need to forgo the extra cash they bribe them with & jump ship.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

For me it's also for dumping her on decision day - more of them really need to forgo the extra cash they bribe them with & jump ship.

True!  Gave him a "10" for that memorable move.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Neil was my coworker until I switched jobs in June.  It wasn't until the end of the season I realized I worked with Neil (he was in our Atlanta office, but we still worked together on various projects and he started out in our office).  I've been an avid watcher of MAFS (all things reality really) since the beginning and it was funny the day I realized it and sent him an email going "how did I not know you're MAFS Neil?" He really is a great guy.  Smart, personable, funny and even better looking in person.  It became a joke in our work emails I'd have a "fan girl" portion where we'd shoot the breeze show related and then "official" section for the work stuff.  

So I'll forever be a Neil backer.  

Neil seems like a classy guy and I respect that he seemed genuine in his intentions for going on the show. 

• Love 2

I don’t think Jephte is a jerk.  I don’t think he was ever into Shawnice, and I don’t think he really wanted to get married, he does want to be a father.

I don’t think these so called experts have read “Is Marriage for White People?” by Ralph Richard Banks.  He said it all using, using data.  Basically black men have too many options, while black women have too few.  Black men are between two and three times as likely as black women to marry someone of a different race.  I think an expert should ask a black man a question like “with so many options available to you regarding women, why do you want to marry now?”

• Love 2

Cheating on a pregnant wife is the very definition of, well, much worse than jerk.

If Jephte didn't want to get married Jephte shouldn't have gone on the show to begin with, & if he didn't like Shawniece he could've left her from the get go instead of staying & being irresponsible enough to create a child with someone he isn't into. He's already set a horrible example for his daughter, so not a great start as a dad either.

He's worse than a jerk.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Cheating on a pregnant wife is the very definition of, well, much worse than jerk.

If Jephte didn't want to get married Jephte shouldn't have gone on the show to begin with, & if he didn't like Shawniece he could've left her from the get go instead of staying & being irresponsible enough to create a child with someone he isn't into. He's already set a horrible example for his daughter, so not a great start as a dad either.

He's worse than a jerk.

Aren’t both of them responsible for creating a child?  Didn’t Shawnice know that Jephte wasn’t into her?  I mean both of them are responsible for creating a baby, not just him.  It’s not like he held a gun to her head and said, “have a baby with me.”  Or is it always the man’s responsibility?

As far as him leaving the show when he knew he wasn’t into Shawnice, I think this last season showed that people stay for the financial incentive.  No way Tristan would have stayed with Mia otherwise.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Aren’t both of them responsible for creating a child?  Didn’t Shawnice know that Jephte wasn’t into her?  I mean both of them are responsible for creating a baby, not just him.  It’s not like he held a gun to her head and said, “have a baby with me.”  Or is it always the man’s responsibility?

Absolutely. And I said "create a child WITH someone" - those were my words, which included Shawniece.

And sure, she's just as responsible, of course. But my point was she didn't cheat on him when things were bad, & things were bad with him from the beginning.

54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

As far as him leaving the show when he knew he wasn’t into Shawnice, I think this last season showed that people stay for the financial incentive.  No way Tristan would have stayed with Mia otherwise.

Reg. Shawniece staying, she gave it a shot at least; she tried with him to the point of looking pathetically needy, which seems like an issue for her. He was making it difficult for her from the start. Neither had to stay but my feeling is they knew she was pregnant by 'decision day', which may have made her more invested to try, yet again, to make it work. Jephte, I believe, was just paying lip service to the marriage & maybe didn't want to dump his pregnant wife on TV. But once the cameras left he figured cheating on his pregnant wife wasn't as bad - in his twisted mind.

And yeah I've said for a while now everyone with troubled matches are getting financial incentives to stay together, however, the pregnancy threw an extra twist into their situation.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Absolutely. And I said "create a child WITH someone" - those were my words, which included Shawniece.

And sure, she's just as responsible, of course. But my point was she didn't cheat on him when things were bad, & things were bad with him from the beginning.

Reg. Shawniece staying, she gave it a shot at least; she tried with him to the point of looking pathetically needy, which seems like an issue for her. He was making it difficult for her from the start. Neither had to stay but my feeling is they knew she was pregnant by 'decision day', which may have made her more invested to try, yet again, to make it work. Jephte, I believe, was just paying lip service to the marriage & maybe didn't want to dump his pregnant wife on TV. But once the cameras left he figured cheating on his pregnant wife wasn't as bad - in his twisted mind.

And yeah I've said for a while now everyone with troubled matches are getting financial incentives to stay together, however, the pregnancy threw an extra twist into their situation.

That!!

• Love 1
On 11/18/2018 at 7:54 PM, gonecrackers said:

I actually think that Shawniece made it difficult for Jephte from the start.  He was visibly uncomfortable during the lap dance she gave him at their wedding reception in front of their friends and family.  That set the tone for the rest of their season.  Do I think Jephte has been a jerk?  Absolutely.  However, I also think that Shawniece made him really uncomfortable at that reception and their marriage never recovered from that.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually think that Shawniece made it difficult for Jephte from the start.  He was visibly uncomfortable during the lap dance she gave him at their wedding reception in front of their friends and family.  That set the tone for the rest of their season.  Do I think Jephte has been a jerk?  Absolutely.  However, I also think that Shawniece made him really uncomfortable at that reception and their marriage never recovered from that.

She was pushy, yep, & the lap dance was awful (although I think it was a set up for the show & not done at the formal reception - they never showed people in the room in the same shot as them, so I've always side eyed it).

That doesn't excuse him cheating.  He obviously didn't like her & that's fine, but he should've called it quits & he definitely shouldn't have cheated on her - nothing excuses that for me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I wonder why we have 4couples this season? Did someone drop out early?

Philly is the first time "The "Ameea AKA Mia Protection Clause"  is used for MAFS.

One extra couple, now 4 couples are cast each season....

The clause insures enough cast in case one cast member is arrested and detained at the airport or has outstanding arrest warrants executed during the season or quits after seeing their "expert matched mate" or quits for anything and anytime during the season before Decision Day.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Philly is the first time "The "Ameea AKA Mia Protection Clause"  is used for MAFS.

One extra couple, now 4 couples are cast each season....

The clause insures enough cast in case one cast member is arrested and detained at the airport or has outstanding arrest warrants executed during the season or quits after seeing their "expert matched mate" or quits for anything and anytime during the season before Decision Day.

I know you are joking but it really is not a bad idea. I wonder if one couple said no at the altar? I heard that happened in Atlanta and that Neil and Sam were actually the last minute back up couple.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I know you are joking but it really is not a bad idea. I wonder if one couple said no at the altar? I heard that happened in Atlanta and that Neil and Sam were actually the last minute back up couple.

I would love to see footage of that!

• Love 4

Umm I think the engagement of Dr Blondie and Jon is real, they both seem a bit famewhorish in their posts since coming out though, most of their posts are about their 'love' and how awesome they are. The relationship still smells a bit off to me, even though Molly was a nightmare they seem to enjoy throwing their 'love' about a bit too much.

drj.jpg

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 2

If you look at the comments in Amber's IG, she's asked about Dave all the time (if they are still together, still married, etc). She never, ever answers those questions. She responds to every other comment with some little note but never the ones about Dave.

• Love 2

I am going to go out on a limb...

Taking a wild guess....

Dave and Amber will be on MAFS:Happily Season Two with Bobby and Danielle!

Bobby and Danielle want money for a new house so Baby Dodd will be filmed as she is birthed...

Danielle sucks air through clenched teeth, pushes once and Bobette pops out!

Dave and Amber will date for TV to earn more Lifetime paychecks before their inevitable divorce...

• Love 1
On 12/10/2018 at 7:16 PM, LilaFowler said:

If you look at the comments in Amber's IG, she's asked about Dave all the time (if they are still together, still married, etc). She never, ever answers those questions. She responds to every other comment with some little note but never the ones about Dave.

I'd be really surprised if they are still together. Dave was def not into Amber.

• Love 2