Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Article asks if this insurance related argument is the reason their marriage ended.  Guessing no, and that it's probably more like the giant light bulb that came on over his head after the arrest, the lies, the dating app, the playing stupid, the initial No Kissing rule to Sex to Seal the Deal when caught in lies, her weirdo father, her obnoxious sister, her excuses for everything and so on and so on.  Time to take her head out of his armpit and move the freak on. 

• Love 6

It's difficult for me to judge whether this is Tristan, or Tristan after a pretty traumatic few weeks with a liar like Mia/Ameea.  I read the articles, didn't watch the clips & am not sure I agree with the way he's handling it, but I don't feel bad for her because the break should've been done right at the arrest point. He needed time to at least reflect on that crap - alone - while not getting talked (or bribed) into being her "rock".  It's on Mia for being completely untrustworthy, but it's also on Tristan for even giving someone like her a chance. They were strangers & he could've - should've - walked away immediately.

• Love 8

RETIREMENT communities?  The show has Dave and Amber talking about retirement communities?! 

That's so ridiculous I just can't even.

If I had a million dollars, I'd gladly bet it that Dave will be "outta there" on Decision Day.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

It's difficult for me to judge whether this is Tristan, or Tristan after a pretty traumatic few weeks with a liar like Mia/Ameea.  I read the articles, didn't watch the clips & am not sure I agree with the way he's handling it, but I don't feel bad for her because the break should've been done right at the arrest point. He needed time to at least reflect on that crap - alone - while not getting talked (or bribed) into being her "rock".  It's on Mia for being completely untrustworthy, but it's also on Tristan for even giving someone like her a chance. They were strangers & he could've - should've - walked away immediately.

Sorry gonecrackers. I usually agree with you, but not this time. Tristan has definitely stepped over the line! 

What you said, that Tristan should've left the show the moment he found out about Mia's multiple-felony warrant is absolutely true. But he didn't do that.

And this time, he's definitely in the wrong.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

What you said, that Tristan should've left the show the moment he found out about Mia's multiple-felony warrant is absolutely true. But he didn't do that.

And this time, he's definitely in the wrong.

In the wrong how? For getting her out, or the way he's getting her out?  Because I didn't say I agreed with the way he's going about things; in fact I questioned that specifically.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm with ya on this. I feel for him a bit mainly because no one else has been put in the position of dealing with a honeymoon detention/arrest, whatever it was, nor been on the receiving end of the " experts' " push to remain in something so concerning. 

Dave has the insecure wannabe blonde and Bobby gives more than he takes but neither of them have a shady piece of work demanding "unconditional love".  

It's on now, and they even have a blanket in the boat. They spend more time with a blanket than Linus. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

In the wrong how? For getting her out, or the way he's getting her out?  Because I didn't say I agreed with the way he's going about things; in fact I questioned that specifically.

Obviously, I haven't seen the actual episode yet, so perhaps I was too hasty in commenting.

I think that, once Tristan accepted what had happened with the warrant, the 'ex, etc, and chose to continue the MAFS marriage, he should have left that in the past as he had promised to do. (Yet it seems like whenever they argue, he brings it up.) So I guess the answer to your question is  that I don't even agree with Tristan "getting her out of his apartment," after he promised to leave the warrant issue in the past and try to make their 'marriage' work. He probably should have waited until Decision Day, or at the very least, waited until the next morning when he'd had time for his temper to cool. 

And then there's the moving to Houston thing. I'm not convinced Tristan ever really lived in Dallas! He took an apartment there, but it must've been on like a 6-month lease. He represented himself to the show as a Dallas resident, though, probably to try to get on TV and be recognized (which would be likely to help with his "franchises"). Seems like he always intended to move back to Houston asap. Mia didn't like the idea, her family is in Dallas, and she told him that. He said (paraphrasing) "well it's not like we have to make this decision today, but it's something to keep in mind, because our lease is almost up on the Dallas apartment."

Then there was the whole "light lunch" thing where, according to Tristan, Mia 'betrayed' him by telling her family they might be moving. I never saw anything on the screen before that where they even discussed keeping the move a secret from family, even though they had already discussed it on camera. But Tristan acted like the world had come to an end because that 'light lunch' with her family had ended up involving a difficult discussion he wasn't prepared for. He made the argument then, that it was "just the beginning of considering" a move to Houston, and that's why Mia should have kept her mouth shut about it around her own family. When he used that dry-erase board to list the 'pros' and 'cons' of moving to Houston, Mia again said (when he asked her to name them if she had any 'cons'): "I'm not sure I want to move to Houston." Tristan pretty much just ignored her, and kept going with his sales pitch".

Now, it appears Mia may have expressed reservations again about his plan to move to Houston, and Tristan went bonkers. 

I don't know, from the editing, if it was Houston or the health insurance issue that led him to dump all of Mia's stuff out of the apartment. But I'm glad to know you at least don't approve of the way he did that. 

• Love 4

Gotcha @Crazy Bird Lady. I very much feel Tristan is 'off' as well.

I didn't watch the video, but if he's packing her up & sticking her in the hall yeah that's what I'm finding questionable. I can't stand Mia though, for the amount of incredible lies & then the expectation of complete forgiveness, love, & trust - on what damn planet Mia? That makes me a tad less compassionate I guess.

This act may be Tristan's 'final blow' so to speak, but he could've simply called production & said "I'm out; it's over." & I wouldn't blame him for not waiting for Decision Day to do so.

But that wouldn't make for good TV...

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Gotcha @Crazy Bird Lady. I very much feel Tristan is 'off' as well.

I didn't watch the video, but if he's packing her up & sticking her in the hall yeah that's what I'm finding questionable. I can't stand Mia though, for the amount of incredible lies & then the expectation of complete forgiveness, love, & trust - on what damn planet Mia? That makes me a tad less compassionate I guess.

This act may be Tristan's 'final blow' so to speak, but he could've simply called production & said "I'm out; it's over." & I wouldn't blame him for not waiting for Decision Day to do so.

But that wouldn't make for good TV...

Exactly.

The thing is, I feel if Tristan has been planning to move with Mia back to his real home in Houston all along, Tristan has been, in a way, just as deceptive as Mia.

And yeah, if he's really, absolutely, finally done (not just throwing a big temper tantrum), contacting 'production' and telling them, "I'm out, I can't take this anymore" would have been the decent way to do it.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Exactly.

The thing is, I feel if Tristan has been planning to move with Mia back to his real home in Houston all along, Tristan has been, in a way, just as deceptive as Mia.

And yeah, if he's really, absolutely, finally done (not just throwing a big temper tantrum), contacting 'production' and telling them, "I'm out, I can't take this anymore" would have been the decent way to do it.

Tristan needs the money badly and that is why he is still in this. They are both shady as hell.

• Love 6

Here's my take on Tristan/Mia.  Tristan has an agenda and is trying to steamroll Mia into following along.  He thinks that the whole arrest debacle gives him some leverage by making him look magnanimous and Mia should be grateful that he even stuck around through it all.  Mia *IS* grateful that Tristan decided to continue this marriage sham and is trying to go along with Tristan.  However, she is being a little (what I would consider) passive-aggressive, because she tells Tristan what he wants to hear but then does whatever she wants anyway.  This is driving Tristan nuts because he can't trust that Mia's actions will match the words coming out of her mouth and therefore she is ruining his plan.  IMHO it's hopeless and I don't even think the result would be any different if you gave either of them different partners.  Maybe Tristan should try 90-Day Fiance?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

Tristan needs the money badly and that is why he is still in this. They are both shady as hell.

Bingo. To pull some lingo from Bachelor/ette world - neither of these people were in it for the "right reasons". I think he did it for the money, and she did it to get back at her stalking victim when he got engaged.  What a joke.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Does the lack of updated photos with New Dad protend an inevitability?

Instagram....henry_the_basset_mix

the actual link got a fail so you gotta do it manually...

For Henry's sake, nooo...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, Porkchop said:

Yes! I was thinking that it looked like JamieO just had on a shirt .. lost her pants somewhere. I am quite ancient, so I was wondering if I am just behind the times, but looking at all that bare leg, hmm. I do hate it when I sound like an old lady!

Well, I’m ancient also, but quite stylish yet.  But, that get-up she is wearing is inappropriate for the show.  Those bare legs interviewing?  Ridiculous.  Between her facial expressions, talking rapidly and always about herself,  I don’t know why they picked her.   I barely watch Unfilteted because of her.  You don’t sound like an old lady.  You sound sensible.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

JamieO wants the attention on HER, & the leggies are part of that.

The only thing on her that gets my attention are those things she has hanging off her earlobes, if I watch.

• Love 1
On 9/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

And then there's the moving to Houston thing. I'm not convinced Tristan ever really lived in Dallas! He took an apartment there, but it must've been on like a 6-month lease. He represented himself to the show as a Dallas resident, though, probably to try to get on TV and be recognized (which would be likely to help with his "franchises"). Seems like he always intended to move back to Houston asap. Mia didn't like the idea, her family is in Dallas, and she told him that. He said (paraphrasing) "well it's not like we have to make this decision today, but it's something to keep in mind, because our lease is almost up on the Dallas apartment."

That's exactly what I've been thinking all along.  I also thought that's one reason he had such a nice apartment, for the sake of the show and how it would look, knowing the show would be supplementing his income.  It's probably out of his price range in reality.  He did make mention on-screen at one point that he hadn't been to Houston enough lately and his business needed him there.  I think doing this show was at least one reason his business was faltering.

I also don't think he's really a nice person given the way he's been acting lately, or maybe he's just looking at the end of his rope from choosing to live in a charade of a relationship, probably for the money alone.

• Love 4

I've thought all along that Tristan & Mia were (badly) faking intimacy in their relationship. Like two people who have never actually had that saying the things they think they should say. Tristan putting her out that way confirmed he had enough of the charade. I think Tristan has financial problems & that's why he tried to forgive Mia's recent stalking episodes, when it would have been a deal breaker for most. My Auntie has to pay out of pocket for health insurance & it's a grip!, like $700 a month. But, why would Tristan cancel his insurance before confirming he was on Mia's plan? Even if she had applied for it, it could take weeks to go into effect. & that "common sense" remark was beyond rude. Why has he been neglecting his businesses in Houston? It's not that far away; he doesn't have to move there to check on them regularly. Damn you, Tristan, for making me feel sympathetic to Mia!

In contrast, Bobby said in the pre-show that Danielle makes more money than him. He's fine with that & previously took her $15,000 credit card debt in stride.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:20 AM, humbleopinion said:

Does the lack of updated photos with New Dad protend an inevitability?

Instagram....henry_the_basset_mix

the actual link got a fail so you gotta do it manually...

On 9/28/2018 at 10:13 AM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Sad Panda here. I hope that's not their future.

23 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

For Henry's sake, nooo...

The link has been taken down. What had happened?!? 

21 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I looked at Henry's IG once and there seemed to be a lot of photos from what looked like Danielle's apartment. This would have been after they were married.

I bet the show is governing Henry’s IG.  All recent posts seem to be tagged as throwback.  

• Love 2

She looks much better with that hair. When you have dead, frizzy ,naturally brunette hair.. it's hard to pull off blonde (I know because i'm one of them), especially because her roots keep coming through. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

She looks much better with that hair. When you have dead, frizzy ,naturally brunette hair.. it's hard to pull off blonde (I know because i'm one of them), especially because her roots keep coming through. 

I agree with you [ about Amber's brunette hair]. While it's true that many 'Gentlemen' Prefer Blondes, it's not a universal preference --and women who look really fake when they go blonde, shouldn't! 

[Confession: this comes from a lifelong brunette, and proud of it!]

• Love 2
On 9/30/2018 at 8:58 AM, Waterlilly said:

Gonna take a while for Amber’s hair to get healthy again but, she looks soooo much better. Love yourself Amber!

I agree that she looks much better with the darker hair. It suits her coloring so much better. But I'm one of those that thinks bleached out hair ages a person. And either she is reducing the amount of makeup or the darker hair balances it out.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/10/married-at-first-sight-dave-flaherty-considers-filing-divorce-wife-amber-sneak-peek-video/

On the brodate, Dave gives his marriage a 5...Amber, you are failing... you need to give Dave lots of "extra credit" attention.. wink, wink..nudge, nudge

They are having sex twice a day according to Dave. I guess the good times do not make up for her shortcomings in his mind. I hope they do divorce because they are both obviously incapable of making each other happy and would be much better off with different people or alone.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/10/married-at-first-sight-dave-flaherty-considers-filing-divorce-wife-amber-sneak-peek-video/

On the brodate, Dave gives his marriage a 5...Amber, you are failing... you need to give Dave lots of "extra credit" attention.. wink, wink..nudge, nudge

I disagree. Amber should stop giving Dave all that "extra credit" attention. She is setting herself up for even more emotional pain when Dave divorces her.

Maybe there's a perfect man out there who thinks Amber is a gorgeous short brunette, a wonderful lover, and awesome just the way she is- but it's not Dave. 

• Love 8

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-video-married-first-sight-star-mia-bally-leaves-tristan-thompson-1149756

Aww, Tristan...dry those crocodile tears...the other 2 couples just rolled their eyes until they fell out of their heads when you called them looking for Mia...

Mia went M..I..A...I have been waiting all season to use that pun....

Why does Mia ever unpack...she wastes so much time unpacking and packing.

All 3 couples went to Austin?

The happiest were Bobby, Dave and Tristan...the 3 Amigos...Danielle irritates Amber to no end...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6229393/Married-Sight-star-accuses-wife-making-look-like-monster.html

Manipulation. Lying. Deceit.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/married-at-first-sight-stars-dave-flaherty-and-bobby-dodd-tristan-thompson-and-mia-bally-marriage-is-toxic-they-dont-fight-fair-24701.php

Bobby and Dave tsk tsk Tristan for being yelly  to Mia after he confided to them he wished Mia spoke up more for herself...Bobby calls Tristan out for contradicting himself...

They both agree that the couple has toxic give and takes and do not know how  fight fairly.

Wouldn't it be funny if Mia was just next door to Tristan at The Intercontinental?

Mia must be friends with at least one of the crew...she probably just crashed with them.

• Love 2