Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lusterleaf said:

Not surprised about Tristan and Mia, I'm just surprised it leaked out prior to the finale. I thought they would have had to sign something saying they can't file for divorce until after the finale airs. I wouldn't be surprised if I see a divorce filing for Amber & Dave as well.

Me too. I try to avoid spoilers but I saw the news on People.com, so oops! I would think they'd have to wait until the show is off the air before filing.

I don't care who filed, I'm just glad Tristan is out of that mess.

• Love 3

I'm surprised they let that info get out. Even if Tristan is in financial ruin, he still didn't get arrested while trying to fly out for his honeymoon. Finances can be repaired. Her reputation? Good luck to any man who wants to take on all her baggage.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, discoprincess said:

Guess who? ;) 

Amber looks so much better as a brunette but she still has a really manly masculine look to her face.  I’m always kind of surprised when they film her standing next to Dave from further away because she’s actually relatively petite. When they show her on screen by herself she seems like she would be 6 feet tall and stocky — with large feet and hands.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Amber looks so much better as a brunette but she still has a really manly masculine look to her face.  I’m always kind of surprised when they film her standing next to Dave from further away because she’s actually relatively petite. When they show her on screen by herself she seems like she would be 6 feet tall and stocky — with large feet and hands.

I agree, Amber looks much better with the new color, but she still needs an education in styling it.  I'm not complaining though!  This is 10,000 times better anyway.

I originally thought she was tall, then I saw her next to Dave and realized how short she is.  I think the illusion is because she's very proportionate and has angular features.

• Love 5

Well, DAMN! I get too busy to watch the show for a minute, just casually peep in here while drifting off to sleep--- & ya'll done brought the receipts!!!!

Whew! That last page & a half was piping hot tea ☕☕☕!!!! Too many folks to quote, but thank you all!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Danielle thanked Bobby for loving her in that letter and she never bothered to say I love you back??????  I’m kind of starting to dislike Danielle a lot.

4 minutes ago, Waterlilly said:

I don't think she does love him at this point.  Maybe like but not in love.

4 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I don't think Danielle will say "I love you" to Bobby before Decision Day. In fact, I'd bet on it.

What I wouldn't bet on is whether they stay together... Bobby is hopelessly in love, and it's so very easy and convenient and cozy for Danielle.

This is a common power differential when one person is so much more invested in the other...the less interested person literally holds all the cards. Bobby honestly needs to step back with the pampering and see how the relationship progresses. I think Danielle is just not feeling him the way he is feeling her. He is kinda coming off as the young kid/lost puppy that cannot believe that the cute older girl in school is his girlfriend. Of course, this could be producer bullshit so that when Danielle does declare her love on decision day it will be more dramatic.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Bobby please pull a Hans Solo...when Danielle says "I love you" you reply... "I know."

If Bobby and Danielle break up then I will have to get some of Henry's Chill pills to help cope with my bitter, bitter disappointment...

I usually do not care about the marriages on this show but if they break up, I think Bobby will legitimately be broken hearted for a while. If it does happens I hope he does not become bitter towards the next woman he dates seriously.

• Love 8
On 9/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, humbleopinion said:

Bobby please pull a Hans Solo...when Danielle says "I love you" you reply... "I know."

If Bobby and Danielle break up then I will have to get some of Henry's Chill pills to help cope with my bitter, bitter disappointment...

He should pull an Azan from 90DF and say "Goodnight."

On 9/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, qtpye said:

This is a common power differential when one person is so much more invested in the other...the less interested person literally holds all the cards. Bobby honestly needs to step back with the pampering and see how the relationship progresses. I think Danielle is just not feeling him the way he is feeling her. He is kinda coming off as the young kid/lost puppy that cannot believe that the cute older girl in school is his girlfriend. Of course, this could be producer bullshit so that when Danielle does declare her love on decision day it will be more dramatic.

I agree and I said something very much like this in the other thread.  Great minds think alike!  Good point about how it might just be producer manipulation!  We all know that's what this show does best (or worst depending on your perspective).

I think Bobby really is the "young kid/lost puppy".  He is obviously a relationship newbie.

• Love 2
On 9/17/2018 at 12:05 AM, VagabondDays said:

And Amber got her teeth fixed.  They are horrendous on the show, but she has full veneers in the more recent brunette pic.  Good for her — big improvement.

Wish she could have convinced Dave to get them, LOL.

• Love 3

On another forum if you "geddit" there is a photo of Mia as a rider in the poster's UBER.

How would you like to look in your rear view mirror, have Mia's creepy toothy grin staring back of you...kinda like the clown with the red balloon from IT staring at you from the street storm drain....

Running into the cast in real life would be surreal.

Meeting Mr. Henry would be the best...and by default...Bobby who would be at the end of the leash...

• Love 3

So...Mia's got Christian Mingle in the divorce settlement as her hunting ground....

And Mr. Booger and Tristan trawl Tinder....

I have said this before... Amber has "second wife" written on her forehead.

Trophy wife come to mind.

She needs a husband who has been through the First Marriage meat grinder who comes out mellower and willing to respond every time she pulls the fire alarm for spilling her $90 night serum down the drain or scuffing her designer red bottomed heels.

He comes with adorable kids over the age of 5 who are perfect shopping buddies, able to do outdoor hikes, the Kids' Club at Lifetime Gym and family trips to Turks and Caicos.

Amber wants to be married and a mother but the details are kinda fuzzy for her so a ready made family and a trained husband honed by the fire of a divorce would be idea for her to step in and thrive.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 23

Riddle me this...Will Dave get veneers?

He already thinks he is perfect so that is a push...

He may admit that his chompers aren't as telegenic as he first believed when filming started and looking at them critically may get them to be "his best self" as his rationalization for new teeth covers....

Hoping he'll show up on the MAFS: Honeymoon Island as a guest or even better as a co-host if he can wrestle a word in edgewise from JamieO.

Dave isn't as odious as Jamie but he would have a good perspective as a groom....he definitely critical and "judgey"enough said Amber....

• Love 2

My hope for the future of this show is that they vet their participants much better. This season has been a downer largely because of the real life spoilers. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed reading them, but it does detract from the overall enjoyment of the show when someone gets arrested at the airport en route to the honeymoon.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

My hope for the future of this show is that they vet their participants much better. This season has been a downer largely because of the real life spoilers. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed reading them, but it does detract from the overall enjoyment of the show when someone gets arrested at the airport en route to the honeymoon.

It didn't help that Mia apparently didn't hold up her end of the bargain by filing for divorce while the show was still airing. She didn't even bother to get those records sealed. Just about anyone can look up those public records.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

So...Mia's got Christian Mingle in the divorce settlement as her hunting ground....

And Mr. Booger and Tristan trawl Tinder....

I have said this before... Amber has "second wife" written on her forehead.

Trophy wife come to mind.

She needs a husband who has been through the First Marriage meat grinder who comes out mellower and willing to respond every time she pulls the fire alarm for spilling her $90 night serum down the drain or scuffing her designer red bottomed heels.

He comes with adorable kids over the age of 5 who are perfect shopping buddies, able to do outdoor hikes, the Kids' Club at Lifetime Gym and family trips to Turks and Caicos.

Amber wants to be married and a mother but the details are kinda fuzzy for her so a ready made family and a trained husband honed by the fire of a divorce would be idea for her to step in and thrive.

Yes, but most men looking for the second supposedly trophy wife are not looking for 35-year-old women who look 40 (not that forty is old...far from it) on a good day. Plus I would imagine Amber would insist on having her own biological children so she will not always have to compete for affection with the real "mother" of her step kids.

• Love 3

Thinking a divorced man in his 50's with late teen kids who can afford an ex wife and a second wife and would be attracted to Amber...especially her enthusiasm between the sheets....

She can still have children into her 40's if he didn't get snipped, if he did, he would just have a reversal to hook the ol' plumbing back up....good as new....

Amber will get lots of attention from male suitors once she and Dave file and divorce...

• Love 2
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Thinking a divorced man in his 50's with late teen kids who can afford an ex wife and a second wife and would be attracted to Amber...especially her enthusiasm between the sheets....

She can still have children into her 40's if he didn't get snipped, if he did, he would just have a reversal to hook the ol' plumbing back up....good as new....

Amber will get lots of attention from male suitors once she and Dave file and divorce...

I agree but I can't see said divorced 50 something men wanting to rush to the altar with her.  I think she would attract the burned-out-on-marriage type that doesn't want to get married again, which most of them in that category are anyway.  So I don't know what her chances of happiness are in that scenario unless she decides she doesn't need to be married.  One of my oldest friends is a lot like Amber, down to the long blonde mane.  She was never married - stayed in a not so great long term relationship with an older divorced guy that already had kids.  She desperately wanted to be married but it never happened and now she's 60 and finally free of that relationship, now dating a guy her age.  I think she finally got over being married.  Perhaps doing this show will help Amber get over needing to be married since she's already done it!

• Love 3
On 9/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, humbleopinion said:

Riddle me this...Will Dave get veneers?

He already thinks he is perfect so that is a push...

He may admit that his chompers aren't as telegenic as he first believed when filming started and looking at them critically may get them to be "his best self" as his rationalization for new teeth covers....

Hoping he'll show up on the MAFS: Honeymoon Island as a guest or even better as a co-host if he can wrestle a word in edgewise from JamieO.

Dave... would have a good perspective as a groom....he definitely critical and "judgey"enough said Amber....

I don't see Dave being made into Jamie's co-host, but he'd have lots of women interested in him as a potential groom, and (Dave being Dave) those women might also turn out to be 'high-maintenance' and 'needy' --making them a good source of drama for the show. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree but I can't see said divorced 50 something men wanting to rush to the altar with her.  I think she would attract the burned-out-on-marriage type that doesn't want to get married again, which most of them in that category are anyway.  So I don't know what her chances of happiness are in that scenario unless she decides she doesn't need to be married.  One of my oldest friends is a lot like Amber, down to the long blonde mane.  She was never married - stayed in a not so great long term relationship with an older divorced guy that already had kids.  She desperately wanted to be married but it never happened and now she's 60 and finally free of that relationship, now dating a guy her age.  I think she finally got over being married.  Perhaps doing this show will help Amber get over needing to be married since she's already done it!

Very sad for your friend.

We can only hope that after being married to Dave, Amber will go to a real therapist, change her mind about getting married, and -who knows- maybe she'll learn to enjoy her own company. 

I won't wish being a stepmother on her --at least, not unless the 'kids' are all adults and away from the house.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3

Plenty of 60 something year old men in the DFW area who watch the show "with their wife" because they would never watch the Lifetime Channel otherwise (haha, yeah, sure...) who would absolutely

love to have Bobby as a SIL.... and are secret fanboys of Bobby because...

He hunts and is a good shot, probably has a regular place to hunt in bird season...trains Nellie as a hunting dog to retrieve the killed ducks from the ponds or fields

Texas Ranger fan

Golfs

A Mr. Fixit that owns his own house at 27 years old

Knows how to handle his finances, trying to rein in his wife's outstanding debt...

Good job

Nice truck and has the Accord as the drive to work car

Cooks and cleans so non traditional role millennial who is not afraid to do household chores to keep the house engine humming

You can borrow his clothes because seems his mom bought one for Bobby, Sr. and the same for Bobby, Jr.

Looks like a solid guy you'd want to hang around at all the family gatherings...

• Love 5

Plenty of 60 something year old men in the DFW area who watch the show "with their wife" because they would never watch the Lifetime Channel otherwise (haha, yeah, sure...) who would absolutely

love to have Bobby as a SIL.... and are secret fanboys of Bobby because...

Ha ha, 62 year old Mr. Yeah No wishes Bobby was his nephew instead of his actual nephews who are the poster children for everything negative about the Millennial generation (Still live at home post 30, hate the boomer generation, etc.), so you nailed that!

Looks like a solid guy you'd want to hang around at all the family gatherings...

Yeah, as opposed to our nephews that isolate themselves at family gatherings and talk about us negatively behind our backs, no lie!

• Love 4

Uncle: So who's coming to the cookout today?

Auntie: The usual, my parents, your parents, some of the sisters and brothers, a smattering of the nieces and nephews with their latest train wreck of who they are dating...

Auntie: Go pick up the dried poop from the yard...some are bringing their emotional support animals...two dogs, a cat and a bunny....

Uncle: Is Bobby coming?

Auntie: He's coming over early to fix the part of the fence that fell down...

Uncle:I want to show him my new putter and get his opinion on how I should arrange the garage with closets and shelving...

Auntie: You really need to stop playing favorites...the other kids notice how you two act like Dumb and Dumber at the family parties..

Uncle: But he's the only person coming that I like...

Auntie: Me too, but you need to stop making it so obvious....Yay...Bobby's here!

Uncle: Come here, you...give your favorite uncle a hug......what did you bring?...My favorite double chocolate fudge gelato....you are the best....Auntie and I love you, Bobby....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/09/mafs-tristan-thompson-mia-bally-fight-over-insurance-before-divorce-filing-sneak-peek/

Tristan...you needed to "baby" your wife through the process spousal insurance...She obviously didn't want you on hers...

Mia blatantly lying to his face about the outstanding warrants didn't trigger anger Tristan, even lying about dating app... he forgave you...but an insurance snafu of your doing is what finally made Tristan snap and  go stratospheric mad....

About f'ing time...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/09/mafs-tristan-thompson-mia-bally-fight-over-insurance-before-divorce-filing-sneak-peek/

Tristan...you needed to "baby" your wife through the process spousal insurance...She obviously didn't want you on hers...

Mia blatantly lying to his face about the outstanding warrants didn't trigger anger Tristan, even lying about dating app... he forgave you...but an insurance snafu of your doing is what finally made Tristan snap and  go stratospheric mad....

About f'ing time...

I had a weird feeling that Mia was divorcing Tristan because he was not as financially secure as she had thought. He probably went on the show mostly hoping to promote his business and not realizing that he would be paired with a total nut case. Well, I am so glad this marriage is over...not that it is a  big surprise. I think he was staying with her for the show paycheck and hoped that she could add a little money to his lifestyle since she does seem to have a good stable job.

• Love 6

I don't think Tristan should be "babying" Mia, period. She was his wife, not his child. And it is Mia's right, not to put him on her insurance during a MAFS marriage "experiment"! Tristan was an ass to just assume she had done that.

Mia... an insurance snafu of your doing is what finally made Tristan snap and  go stratospheric mad....

About f'ing time...

I think you were right the first time --it wasn't a snafu, Mia just didn't want to pay for Tristan being on her insurance.

...And if that's what caused them to break up, that's great!

• Love 4

The producers should give Tristan and Mia giant game show sized checks made out to each after the Reunion Show.....while they were irritating, the majority of the dwindling audience of this basic cable show enjoyed their drama...

Bobby will have his show money directly deposited...it is the most prudent....

Amber will just sign it over to her hair therapist....

Danielle will endorse it over to her money manager(Bobby) to lower her student and credit card debt....

Dave will get it in Bitcoin....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I had a weird feeling that Mia was divorcing Tristan because he was not as financially secure as she had thought. He probably went on the show mostly hoping to promote his business and not realizing that he would be paired with a total nut case. Well, I am so glad this marriage is over...not that it is a  big surprise. I think he was staying with her for the show paycheck and hoped that she could add a little money to his lifestyle since she does seem to have a good stable job.

I think the blankets, snuggies, etc. were necessary because they couldn't afford heat in that apartment.

• Love 4