Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

They can't post pictures together unless it's related to the episodes we see. After the honeymoon they can probably post some tb from their honeymoons but no recent photos. I followed couples from last season on snapchat and even when they were all together at pubs or outings, they just could post pics/videos with other cast members but not with significant others.

Danielle just posted something on IG that make me believe it didn't work. Maybe they're just friends and that's why they interact on SM. Derek and Heather didn't comment each other on SM last year.

Last year I was trying to understand who was still together watching Unfiltered. Knowing they filmed it after the show was done, you can tell by the way people recount what's happening on the show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Maybe the show asked them to do that to throw us off?

I can imagine they do. They don't want to give away if anyone is together or not while the show is airing. It makes sense. Yet really what would be even better is if they didn't follow each other at all SM during or at least those coupled because it does give it away at times on behaviors during the season and sometimes just as it is getting started. If it was done this way it would be even harder for those on SM watching to figure it all out.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mary10 said:

Danielle just posted something on IG that make me believe it didn't work. Maybe they're just friends and that's why they interact on SM. Derek and Heather didn't comment each other on SM last year.

Last year I was trying to understand who was still together watching Unfiltered. Knowing they filmed it after the show was done, you can tell by the way people recount what's happening on the show.

I also believe Danielle and Cody didn't make it.. it's telling from the interviews and SM account. I am happy that even though they might have broken up, they are not enemies yet. 

From my sleuthing, I discovered that the other 2couples are still together. Nate and Sheila definitely had issues with Nate''s younger brother staying with them. I stalked his brother's page. The brother was saying that he was the road block (don't remember the actual word). I also think they had a Tres/Vanessa insecurity scenario but Nate stuck by Sheila, unlike Tres.

Anthony and Ashley are definitely together.. Ashley''s whole family are practically following Anthony on instagram. They are interacting lowkey. They were both in Florida the week before the season premier.  

Pastor Calvin's interview... Sheila tweeted it. They are definitely on good terms. 

• Love 1
On April 24, 2017 at 0:08 AM, red. said:

After my bit of SM sleuthing (insta usually is the most telling for me), I'm pretty sure Cody & Danielle are no longer together (which makes me sad because they seem really awesome individually). Too many posts scream that they aren't living together, and many of their comments on IG from before the show started indicate the same. I do however thing that Ash & Anthony are together (or were together until recently) - definitely were some pics on both of their accounts that showed they were at the same place. Verdict is still out for Nate & Sheila although I'm leaning more towards no just since it seems there's too much of an age gap.. but we will see! Overall seems like a fun group of individuals. I'll enjoy snarking with y'all.

Somehow I think Danielle is older than thirty.  In some scenes, she looks older.  Cody at 25 seems like a kid still and just wants to hop in bed and have sex.  And, he's a "farm boy" and I doubt that she would go for that.  She's too sophisticated and probably would want to stay in the city.  MAFS should not choose guys younger than the girls.

• Love 3

Nick and Sonia are going at it in his most recent IG post comments. It's sad to see their relationship devolve to the level where they can't even be civil to one another. Nick went on the Afterbuzz MAFS podcast and threw shade at Sonia. She went on a radio show and shaded him. Yikes...

I'm impressed that Neil and Sam are still friends since it seems like every other couple that have broken up from the show HATE each other.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 2

I think the only reason those 2 are friends or friendly is because of the kind of man he is. Plus the therapy he went through after all her crap. Its also easier to walk away from her behavior if it starts up while you are a friend compared to married, kwim? Just SMH on Nick and Sonia. 

• Love 5

At the beginning of shooting this season, Danielle was 30 and Cody was 26.

Guess that makes Danielle 40 now, joking....

There are age gaps that are more pronounced because of the stage of adulthood each person occupies.

For example someone 17 yrs old dating someone 23, one is graduating high school, the elder already working a couple years after college.

Cody is a young 26, in fact when he and Danielle were leaving their wedding reception, his shirt was all untucked, he was disheveled and he looked like he was leaving prom.

Danielle, has the stillness of a mature woman. She is measured and thoughtful.  She may be very camera shy and intensely private so her actions are muted but there is definitely a gap. She's been working for over 7 years, probably.

Cody on the other hand, most likely, just opened his gym in the past few years.  No mention if he went to college.

If Barbara Walters asked him what kind of tree he was...he would be a sapling...

• Love 5

Googling around found the In Touch article of the wedding with pictures.

Found the photo of Ashley's sister, Lauren, her husband and their children.

For those questioning the handsome level of Anthony, take a gander of Lauren's husband.

He reminds me of Will Forte, not a classically handsome man, but Will is dating January Jones(Mad Men).

I would rate Anthony better looking than his brother in law but that would be splitting well gelled hairs.

So Ashley's evaluation of Anthony's looks is not for off the meter if Lauren considers her husband handsome.

Lauren is the lens that Ashley sees the world...

Handsome is as handsome does...we shall see.

• Love 2
On 4/24/2017 at 10:25 AM, Trisha neel said:

I think they can only post what the last episode has shown. So maybe after the honeymoon episode, they can post those pictures ?

Oh of course. I guess if they were posting pictures of themselves as couples, that would give it all away. I see plenty of pictures of the girls from this season doing things together in the present, confused me. 

First season following couples in instagram, got a little too excited for a minute. ?

Sonia should've never done this process. I recall her in the pre-honeymoon session she teared up saying she was worried about getting hurt. She came off I think what was a long term relationship with someone who had cheated on her. That does some damage to people, & it didn't seem like she had worked it out for herself.

She is extremely insecure & it even shows in her way of speaking. So she puts her future & emotional health, which was already unstable, in the hands of TV people. Then, they pair her with Nick. It was a recipe for disaster for her from the get go. I haven't seen her posts but it sounds like now she's bitter. She's not really in touch with her own emotions or what she needs, which is why she's just venting on SM.

She needs to finally take care of herself, but privately.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I recall her in the pre-honeymoon session she teared up saying she was worried about getting hurt. She came off I think what was a long term relationship with someone who had cheated on her. That does some damage to people, & it didn't seem like she had worked it out for herself.

She is extremely insecure & it even shows in her way of speaking. So she puts her future & emotional health, which was already unstable, in the hands of TV people. Then, they pair her with Nick. It was a recipe for disaster for her from the get go.

The worst part is that after she teared up saying she was worried about being hurt, Rachel reassured her by telling her that's why they had chosen Nick, because he was such a solid guy. What an inaccurate prediction that turned out to be...

Maybe in the future, the show shouldn't pick anyone whose last serious relationship isn't at least 1 year ago.

• Love 6

And speaking of Sonia's most recent ex-boyfriend, from the few photos on her IG, he actually seems like a similar type to Nick (dorky white guy). So maybe Rachel wasn't wrong when she said that Nick would "come in a package that Sonia would like". Kind of goes against Sonia's friend saying that her usual type was tall, dark and handsome, but maybe both guys are outside of her norm...

• Love 2

Hi there everyone!! I'm pretty new to this but I've been following this forum since season 3! I do have a "spoiler" to share about one of the couples! Not sure if it's true but it seems accurate! Someone on instagram posted that they went to the  same church as Sheila and said she had a ring on her left hand and Nate on the right. This was six days ago. Honestly never saw this couple making it because of the age difference and his "player" ways, but I do hope it's true!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Alt1030 said:

Hi there everyone!! I'm pretty new to this but I've been following this forum since season 3! I do have a "spoiler" to share about one of the couples! Not sure if it's true but it seems accurate! Someone on instagram posted that they went to the  same church as Sheila and said she had a ring on her left hand and Nate on the right. This was six days ago. Honestly never saw this couple making it because of the age difference and his "player" ways, but I do hope it's true!

I saw that too. Based on my research too, I think they are still together and in love. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is anyone watching unfiltered? Jamie is more annoying than usual, to me anyway.

But, I did notice Ashley sits weird - to the side, which is odd. They also do less full shots of her. I'm thinking she is pregnant by the time this is being filmed & they're hiding it. (even a little 'bump' would get people talking)

We'll see.

Edited by gonecrackers
spelled Jamie wrong
  • Love 4

I saw a bit of it and can't handle Jamie as usual. The shot I saw of Jamie though you can tell she is full on pregnant and looking a little big. It was near the end of one but it looked like they had them sitting on a low couch and her in a higher chair to kind of make her look more stretched or something. Just odd but all I heard was Jamie mention herself so many times in a short time frame. Maybe if she toned her crap down and stopped talking about herself during it more would watch it. I just don't see how it adds to anything though from what I had seen. I prefer their confessions they did last season instead.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

The shot I saw of Jamie though you can tell she is full on pregnant and looking a little big. It was near the end of one but it looked like they had them sitting on a low couch and her in a higher chair to kind of make her look more stretched or something

I was talking about Ashley, actually.  She's been so pushy about the baby talk just starting this season, I think Anthony gave in, or there was an 'oops' (sort of, LOL). She's sitting in an odd way & they're doing more head shots of her than anyone else, so I'm suspicious they may be hiding a pregnancy. 

2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Just odd but all I heard was Jamie mention herself so many times in a short time frame.

Yeah I noticed that this time too; very annoying.  I guess she thinks her season will never end.

25 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I was talking about Ashley, actually.  She's been so pushy about the baby talk just starting this season, I think Anthony gave in, or there was an 'oops' (sort of, LOL). She's sitting in an odd way & they're doing more head shots of her than anyone else, so I'm suspicious they may be hiding a pregnancy. 

Yeah I noticed that this time too; very annoying.  I guess she thinks her season will never end.

I noticed the odd way she was sitting...never thought about a pregnancy until you mentioned it.  Hmm...

• Love 1

Looks like Ashley was teetering on to the couch with one cheek hanging to get her in alignment with Jamie's line of vision.

Jamie is so Odious... inserting herself into the conversation again and again...ugh.

What would be the awesomest in the Decision Episode.... Anthony and Ashley already parents with baby D'Amico in their arms...ratings gold!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

What would be the awesomest in the Decision Episode.... Anthony and Ashley already parents with baby D'Amico in their arms...ratings gold!!!!

In the arms, not possible - in the belly, quite possible! ;-)

Well it could be a shot of them 9 months later shown after the 6 month reunion or at that very least at the 6 month showing her pregnant belly. LOL They would love that wouldn't they pushing some big announcement on one of the couples. I didn't notice who was on when I flipped it on. I just put the channel on so I didn't forget it was on. If I flip this on again before the show starts I will try to see if I notice something with Ashley. It could be as was said shew as trying to align herself just so. Heck that couch they are using doesn't look to comfy and is low to the ground. Depending on what Ashley was wearing it could be try to hide a crotch shot if she was in something to short and it would explain more shots of her upper body as well. LOL 

6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I guess she thinks so. Yet someone should make her aware its over and been over for a few years or so now. As well as she is hired to interview the new couples not talk about her issues or her time on the show. Its not the Jamie show not matter what she may think. 

• Love 2

Cody has revealed in People Magazine the reason he wanted to wait for sex with Danielle was the other times (I question the plural...but whatever) he had sex too early in the relationship, he lost interest in them.

Let me get this straight, Cody...a woman has sex with you....and you lose interest in them?

Most men would put up with feeling bored if they had regular sexy time guaranteed.

Or did the woman lose interest in you?

Cody just got interesting...

• Love 6

Cody has revealed in People Magazine the reason he wanted to wait for sex with Danielle was the other times (I question the plural...but whatever) he had sex too early in the relationship, he lost interest in them.

Let me get this straight, Cody...a woman has sex with you....and you lose interest in them?

Ugh, those are classic commitment-phobic behaviors!  And these so-called "experts" think that a guy with these issues is "ready for marriage"?  Any true professional would know that a guy with issues like that who is still afraid of repeating the pattern is nowhere NEAR ready for a long term relationship much less marriage!  I just can't take it with the irresponsibility of these freaking fake "experts"!

• Love 8

Most men would put up with feeling bored if they had regular sexy time guaranteed.

No, I can entirely believe him. Plenty of men react like that. Once they hit it, they quit it, to put it bluntly, and DO lose interest once they've made the conquest. Then it's time to move on to the next one.

It's a cruel trick of nature that when females have sex they tend to want to stay with the guy, but when men have sex they're ready to move on to the next one. Trauma happens when each one expects the other to react like they do - the man will think the tension will be over so that the woman can easily move on, too, and the woman will think that now that they've "done it" she's landed him.

That's why it's a very, very good idea to wait if you want the relationship to last. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, okerry said:

It's a cruel trick of nature that when females have sex they tend to want to stay with the guy, but when men have sex they're ready to move on to the next one. Trauma happens when each one expects the other to react like they do - the man will think the tension will be over so that the woman can easily move on, too, and the woman will think that now that they've "done it" she's landed him.

That's a very basic sex-only reaction if a guy is acting out of sexual attraction/need fulfillment only, but when a guy is ready for a relationship with a woman, his loss of interest is not permanent and he will boomerang back with renewed interest for more, or so I've been told.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

3 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Ugh, those are classic commitment-phobic behaviors!  And these so-called "experts" think that a guy with these issues is "ready for marriage"?  Any true professional would know that a guy with issues like that who is still afraid of repeating the pattern is nowhere NEAR ready for a long term relationship much less marriage!  I just can't take it with the irresponsibility of these freaking fake "experts"!

LMAO So he thinks he is ready to be married but didn't want to have sex to soon because its all he has done and just lost interest when he did? My question then would be was he even trying to have a relationship with those women or did he just want the sex with them? No judging because after all his age kind of shows with what he has said and its not uncommon. Or is this an excuse he is giving on things and he just ended up not being into her for some reason? Its hard to know when we don't really know them. I am one of those that thinks these couples should wait a bit before just having sex but damn if he waited to long she could end up checked out with all his tiring talk of it needing to be the right time. 

Yet as you said Snarklepuss these "experts" are very irresponsible and fake as hell. I have been pissed with them since the 2nd season and even the 2 that came last season have done nothing but been pulling the same old stupid script out to repeat and act on....which has done nothing but piss me off when I have to listen to them talk over scenes, in a TH or talking to the couples acting like they have are looking after them and giving them some wonderful magical advice but really its usually laying blame on one that never should be instead of where it should go. Hell we all know part of that blame is on them as well. We have 2 young guys in this that shouldn't have been picked for different reasons but the "experts" did anyway. UGH! 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Sugar Biscuit said:

Those pins were from 4 or 5 years ago so I bet it was stuff she was browsing for her niece or another friend's baby.

I have been unable to determine when Ashley pinned the baby stuff...I am on an ipad so maybe it isn't showing me the dates.  

It makes more sense that it is about her niece.

• Love 2
(edited)

Lifetime and M@FS would be promoting the D'Amico/Petta baby all over social media platforms, banners from planes, on stadium Jumbotrons,  placards on the sides of buses, appearances every daytime talk shows and late night talk shows and their own...very special... "special"...The Sonogram episode...

Think Truman Show...

The little girl is Bianca, Anthony's niece mentioned in the wedding episode.

Bunny shoes...adorable.

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 3
On May 6, 2017 at 0:43 PM, Evil Queen said:

I saw a bit of it and can't handle Jamie as usual. The shot I saw of Jamie though you can tell she is full on pregnant and looking a little big. It was near the end of one but it looked like they had them sitting on a low couch and her in a higher chair to kind of make her look more stretched or something. Just odd but all I heard was Jamie mention herself so many times in a short time frame. Maybe if she toned her crap down and stopped talking about herself during it more would watch it. I just don't see how it adds to anything though from what I had seen. I prefer their confessions they did last season instead.

I don't understand why MAFS doesn't get someone else to do "Unfiltered".  Jamie is not a good fit no matter how much she tries.

• Love 6

The 3 M@FS guys were on a Chicago FM radio show.

http://1035kissfm.iheart.com/onair/erik-zachary-50331/the-husbands-of-married-at-first-15819925/?linkId=37474185

No spoiler alerts but you find that....

FM radio DJ voices are irritating....

Anthony's grandparents were an arranged marriage.

Grandpa thought he knocked a girl up, hence the quick marriage and Anthony doesn't speak Italian so a miscommunication.

Nate laughs about the early days of his marriage...hopefully Sheila is laughing too.

Cody does talk sparingly but getting the vibe that the marriage is dunzo...take a listen and what do you think...

Hope the radio station bring in the brides for an interview.....

• Love 5

I wouldn't be that surprised if Ashley was pregnant. There was couple on the second season of Finnish MAFS who had a spark from the beginning and I think they got pregnant during filming already, since the baby was born 9 months later. I think it was the first MAFS baby ever born. Last I heard they were still a happy family. A couple from the first season has a baby too now. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, okerry said:

Wish one of these stations - maybe FYI - would show the other MAFS, too. I know there's an Aussie one, and a Finnish one, too?

Me too i wish they would show other mafs, instead of playing the u.s. one 8 billion times over and over again. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't understand why MAFS doesn't get someone else to do "Unfiltered".  Jamie is not a good fit no matter how much she tries.

I agree!  There are others who can do a better job.  As long as it isn't Sonia...

• Love 5