Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 9/28/2020

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jalady said:

I understand Joy's point, but if the debates are held Biden has to participate (although I won't be watching - fool me once as they say).  But I'd prefer if they just cancelled the next two debates.  Just more free air time for him to lie, bully and bluster.  Blech!  

I don't agree with her either.

The debates shouldn't be cancelled because Trump is out of control. They give him the ground rules in advance and if he doesn't follow them, he gets ejected.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's important for Biden to participate in the debates (he has continued to say he will, although the "other" guy keeps stating that Biden won't show up) so I disagree with Joy.   Not just because it is what we, as a country, have a history of presidential debates but because it would play in the "guy in the white house" (TM Whoopie) narrative that Biden is afraid of him.  Biden showed that "the guy in the white house" could not rattle him (which seemed to be *"tgitwh" plan A, maybe his only plan).  I also think that Biden has seen the crazy and can deal with it better the next time around.  

I have to add that I liked Sunny's suggestion that they should each be in a soundproof booth (where they can hear the other person but not be able to interrupt, yell, scream, have loud outbursts, lie..).  That would be great 

OR THIS

55 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I like the idea of either an air horn or a shock collar. 

I kind of enjoyed that after the political discussion they did the segment with the judges (I watch "Hot Bench", I like it) and the one with the teacher.  Just something light to end the show with (which they can do without a certain someone saying, "I don't know anything about that," "I don't have any kids" "I'm a political analyst" - gee, I wonder who that is?)

 

*tgitwh: the guy in the white house
"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I like the idea of either an air horn or a shock collar. 

shock collar gets my vote, do they come in super charge?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

A shock collar or a clear sound booth that could be lowered over you know who when he interrupts are great ideas.  They can tell him the booth is for his protection.  Or Cones of Silence like they had on Get Smart.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think the debates are important if only to have the President’s behavior on display.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Positive diagnosis = no more debates?  I suppose they could do it remotely.  That way the moderator could have more control.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Prediction for today's show:  Meghan makes a surprise appearance because when they talk about Trump testing positive, she can pull out her patented "the chickens are coming home to roost" phrase!

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you Ana for saying that we can feel sympathy for the President for testing positive for the Coronovirus while criticizing the way he mishandled his response of the dreadful disease. I could say more but it would be off-topic...

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Thank you Ana for saying that we can feel sympathy for the President for testing positive for the Coronovirus while criticizing the way he mishandled his response of the dreadful disease. I could say more but it would be off-topic...

I didn't really agree with Ana when she said that. In my eyes, if you feel like Trump is a danger to the world, has millions of people's blood on his hands and that he's a fascists, then feeling sympathy for him and praying that he gets better means you're hoping he goes back to doing horrible things.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

This is odd. I don't watch the show very often, I usually just read here. But twice this week  I decided I wanted it on in the background and didn't see it in my lineup. I know which affiliate and channel it is and what time it's on but ... nada. The first two times I blew it off but today I searched my guide for it and discovered that it's being shown at 3AM! The show description is labeled NEW and has today's date. If it was on earlier in the day and then also at 3AM the second showing wouldn't be labeled as NEW, that's how my guide works. Anyone else? 

 

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joy looked great today. I really enjoyed today's show, even with a guest taking up most of the time. The show's just so much better without Whoopi and especially McCain.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy looked great today. I really enjoyed today's show, even with a guest taking up most of the time. The show's just so much better without Whoopi and especially McCain.

I loved the myriad of topics that they covered that will affect the elections, everybody added to the discussions and the show just flowed so much better without Whoopie's incoherence and Nutmeg's nastiness..

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Joy and Ana said all the right things concerning POTUS having the virus, but, I somehow doubt their sincerity. 

Edited by Axie
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, suomi said:

This is odd. I don't watch the show very often, I usually just read here. But twice this week  I decided I wanted it on in the background and didn't see it in my lineup. I know which affiliate and channel it is and what time it's on but ... nada. The first two times I blew it off but today I searched my guide for it and discovered that it's being shown at 3AM! The show description is labeled NEW and has today's date. If it was on earlier in the day and then also at 3AM the second showing wouldn't be labeled as NEW, that's how my guide works. Anyone else? 

 

are you being pre-empted for baseball playoffs?  They're on ABC here in Chicago, if you're west of us, that would probably be the case.  

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

are you being pre-empted for baseball playoffs?  They're on ABC here in Chicago, if you're west of us, that would probably be the case.  

The View has always been a morning show here and MLB starts at noon. But thank you for the response, it sent me on another search.

There's a one hour local goober morning show called Good Things Utah, it's sorta like the Kelly and Ryan format but with 4 Stepford Wife hosts and local goober guests and topics. It's been on for 18 years and I've seen it just enough times to know that it's a snooze fest.  

Turns out that last week, after all these years, it's been expanded to two hours so it took over The View's time slot. 

Maybe The View's ratings are so lousy in the Salt Lake City market that 3AM is all it deserves. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

are you being pre-empted for baseball playoffs?  They're on ABC here in Chicago, if you're west of us, that would probably be the case.  

They may be replaying it due to the news break-ins

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

 

I will follow that old rule of if you don't have anything nice to say about someone keep your mouth shut.  Trump has covid?  It's a little chilly here today. Fall came quickly.

I can see all y'all's points.  I've not forgotten anything or how angry the guy can make me feel, but i don't wish bad on him or anybody.  Maybe its Karma coming to visit.  I keep listening to the reports of peeps and their results thank goodness Biden is negative. But what does that mean? It could Change on a whim.  Ck again in 15 mins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I can see all y'all's points.  I've not forgotten anything or how angry the guy can make me feel, but i don't wish bad on him or anybody.  Maybe its Karma coming to visit.  I keep listening to the reports of peeps and their results thank goodness Biden is negative. But what does that mean? It could Change on a whim.  Ck again in 15 mins.

As with Joy, his losing the election is enough for me. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, Cementhead said:

Ooh, a commercial disguised as a segment.  Getting sneaky, show, getting sneaky. 

I noticed this week they're ending each show with an 'infomercial'. They got rid of the 'struggling small business that's about to close their doors for good' segments they ran during the Spring and Summer, and replaced it with these infomercials ?

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, bannana said:

Helen Reddy died, did they even mention that?

Yes, they did - that's how I found out!  When I Googled Helen Reddy's death, I found out singer/ songwriter Mac Davis died the next day. Davis was very popular in the 70s, and wrote many hits for his friend Elvis Presley. However, they didn't mention him. Hmmmmmm.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I found out singer/ songwriter Mac Davis died the next day.

I heard that when Ben first met Meghan, he told her, "Baby, Baby don't get hooked on me" and she replied, "It's Hard to be Humble when you're perfect in every way"

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I didn't really agree with Ana when she said that. In my eyes, if you feel like Trump is a danger to the world, has millions of people's blood on his hands and that he's a fascists, then feeling sympathy for him and praying that he gets better means you're hoping he goes back to doing horrible things.

...OR it's a way to ease their guilt for what they're really thinking (that it might take him out).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Axie said:

Joy and Ana said all the right things concerning POTUS having the virus, but, I somehow doubled their sincerity. 

And I tripled their sincerity 😉

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think there’s something about someone you don’t care for being in a vulnerable state that softens you toward them. This virus is scary. I wish the President, First Lady and everyone else who got it a speedy recovery. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think there’s something about someone you don’t care for being in a vulnerable state that softens you toward them. This virus is scary. I wish the President, First Lady and everyone else who got it a speedy recovery. 

Agreed. Being vulnerable and/or feeling vulnerable means one is human. I just wish some folks would show the same humanity during non-vulnerable times.

Edited by MsTree
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

...OR it's a way to ease their guilt for what they're really thinking (that it might take him out).

I don't think they'd need to feel guilty for that...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Axie said:

Joy and Ana said all the right things concerning POTUS having the virus, but, I somehow doubled their sincerity. 

They are faces in the media and ABC employees. Sometimes a person can't say the truth in that position, unfortunately--either because of how it will be used by political figures or how it might affect their employment.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/3/2020 at 12:17 AM, MsTree said:

And I tripled their sincerity 😉

Call

On 10/2/2020 at 8:18 PM, LetsStartTalking said:

I noticed this week they're ending each show with an 'infomercial'. They got rid of the 'struggling small business that's about to close their doors for good' segments they ran during the Spring and Summer, and replaced it with these infomercials ?

Hmm, nooo there was several struggling small businesses during the week

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, blondiec0332 said:

 

I will follow that old rule of if you don't have anything nice to say about someone keep your mouth shut.  Trump has covid?  It's a little chilly here today. Fall came quickly.

Ding, Ding, Ding you have a winner!  Would add, would you like fries with that?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think anyone has mentioned when Joy just randomly mentioned the Rosie on a show this week. No one responded to it. 

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned when Joy just randomly mentioned the Rosie on a show this week. No one responded to it. 

I heard it but didn't know what to make of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Did I somehow sleep through Jaime Harrison's appearance? I was looking forward to it.

Looks like he's been re-scheduled to next Friday.

Friday, Oct. 9 — The Political View with South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee Jaime Harrison who is running against Sen. Lindsey Graham

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size