Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: The Last War

CooperTV

6 hours ago, dippydee said:

That was the problem with the show getting as bloated as it did. No real time to let relationships build and grow. They just kept chucking more and more new and uninteresting people into the mix and letting them suck up all the screen time.

I think they were so enamored of the world they built that they sacrificed all the characters to explore it.  The main problem I had with the series was that it started with 100 kids dropped onto a planet to figure out how to coexist and survive together.  And a few seasons later everyone was off being the main character in their own A, B, or C plot.  It got to the point that the "epic" moments of the seasons were when characters had a scene together after spending half a season off doing their own thing. Character relationships don't survive that.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I think they were so enamored of the world they built that they sacrificed all the characters to explore it.  The main problem I had with the series was that it started with 100 kids dropped onto a planet to figure out how to coexist and survive together.  And a few seasons later everyone was off being the main character in their own A, B, or C plot.  It got to the point that the "epic" moments of the seasons were when characters had a scene together after spending half a season off doing their own thing. Character relationships don't survive that.

Season 1: Killed a lot of Grounders

Season 2: Killed population of Mt. Weather.

Season 3: Clarke mostly kills ALIE and the first season cast get thinned.

Season 4: Everyone on Earth (not in the bunker) is killed.

Season 5: Everyone left on Earth dies. Also, Earth is irradiated.

Season 6: Sanctum falls into anarchy.

Season 7: The human race is removed from the Universe.

22 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

We have aliens that tests a single representative of other species and transcends or annihilates the entirety of a species based a pass/fail grade.  Its entirely possible that they just didn't want to be part of that hive mind.  I wouldn't.

City of Light anyone? I thought that overriding people's free will to force them into a collective was supposed to be a bad thing - at least three seasons ago it was. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

City of Light anyone? I thought that overriding people's free will to force them into a collective was supposed to be a bad thing - at least three seasons ago it was. 

Yeah, they really didn't ask first if everyone left in the human race wanted to transcend.  It would have been the polite thing to do.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Come to think of it, pretty much everyone on that beach, with the exceptions of Hope, Jordan, Levitt and the dog, could remember the City of Light - with some of them (Clarke, Raven, Murphy, Octavia, and Emori, sorta) actively working against it. 

So that gives that limited group some reason for choosing the beach over alien life.

It doesn't really give the show a good reason for forcing most of the surviving humans into that alien life, especially since we don't even know if the alien hive mind offers ice cream, the way the City of Light did.

• Love 2

Up until the last few episodes, I was really looking forward to a rewatch from the beginning on Netflix. Now, idk if I'll ever watch this show again. It just sucks that a few episodes at the end can ruin the whole series for me. Ugh. So disappointing. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

Up until the last few episodes, I was really looking forward to a rewatch from the beginning on Netflix. Now, idk if I'll ever watch this show again. It just sucks that a few episodes at the end can ruin the whole series for me. Ugh. So disappointing. 

Same.

7 hours ago, quarks said:

Come to think of it, pretty much everyone on that beach, with the exceptions of Hope, Jordan, Levitt and the dog, could remember the City of Light - with some of them (Clarke, Raven, Murphy, Octavia, and Emori, sorta) actively working against it. 

So that gives that limited group some reason for choosing the beach over alien life.

It doesn't really give the show a good reason for forcing most of the surviving humans into that alien life, especially since we don't even know if the alien hive mind offers ice cream, the way the City of Light did.

Luckily, there's an Ice Cream Factory right next to their prehistoric lean-to on the beach.

• LOL 2

What a bunch of ridiculousness! They jumped the shark last year and this season they added chum to the water.

Bellamy's few episode arc was character assassination...literally. 

The whole 10 years on purgatory is just a few days everywhere else seems to be for the sole purpose of allowing Hope to grow up in time to be a peer to the core cast. Oddly, D and O didn't age at all while they were there.

Diosa is the most badass bitch evah! When she ripped out dudes jugular with her teeth, then spooned a bite of soup into her bloody mouth before using it as an eyeball scoop with a smirk on her face...jaw dropping humor and perhaps my favorite scene of the season.

I'd like to know how many times Clarke said "we have to get Madi/our friends/our people/etc " over the course of the series. 

Earth sure did recover quickly! All green and plush, food and water is safe. Lucky break for the 10 sterile habitants. Hopefully there are no scary animals since their plan seems to be to live in leantues on pebble beach.

• Love 1