Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Group A Playoffs - Famous Masked Words

• Start Topic

Lisa Hartman Black played Tabitha in the TV show 'Tabitha'.  The series was about a grown up Tabitha working at a local TV news station.  

I think Popcorn is Cyndi Lauper.  

I have heard of Brian Austin Green, but I know nothing about him.  I have never watched a show with him in it.

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I NEVER would have guessed Brian Austin Green. And clearly, not his neighbour and longtime friend Robin.

Never would have guessed him. As soon as he took off the mask, I was 5 years old again crushing on David Silver of 90210. I actually thought it was Jason Priestly at first because they do look similar (Luke Perry looked like them too, but he's passed. Casting director definitely had a type.) Brian is just younger. Plus, the Megan Fox thing clicked instantly. 

I'm worried I'll have the same issue with others this time around. People I know, but I never think about. I truly have zero guesses. Demi Lovato for Sun is the closest thing I have to a guess. I feel like Ken this season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Lisa Hartman Black played Tabitha in the TV show 'Tabitha'.  The series was about a grown up Tabitha working at a local TV news station.  

I have heard of Brian Austin Green, but I know nothing about him.  I have never watched a show with him in it.

Cyndi Lauper is a good guess what with that speaking accent.

I want someone to guess Jack and Meg White for the Snow Owls, even if in jest.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Cyndi was big in the '80s, has always been big in the LGBTQ community, has a song called "Venus in Chains"...

In addition, she was an actress for a brief period ("Vibes" with Jeff Goldblum, anyone?) 

• Love 2

When whichever judge it was brought up Megan Fox and then 90210, I instantly thought BAG. I didn't really expect it to actually be him though lol.

I don't understand why they are having the second performances from groups A & B before they have the first performances from group C. The scheduling is so stupid.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Still think it's Taylor Dayne.  If there is a reference to Kinky Boots, then I'll be convinced it's Cyndi.

Meanwhile, when is this show going to make Joel McHale permanent?  I mean, he keeps showing up on all of the game shows AND he hosts one (Card Sharks) but this place is perfect for his Soup snark.  

• Love 4

No question in my mind that one of the Snow Owls is Clint Black.  I was his biggest fan and hopelessly in love with him in the late 80's, early 90's.  Was heartbroken when he married Lisa.  haha!  I'd know his voice anywhere.  

As far as his partner, I always felt like LHB had a very non-distinct, run of the mill voice, so I can't tell if it's her.  He does have 2 daughters that sing.  But the clue with the witch hat points to Lisa.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
typos
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Meanwhile, when is this show going to make Joel McHale permanent?  I mean, he keeps showing up on all of the game shows AND he hosts one (Card Sharks) but this place is perfect for his Soup snark.  

I loved him when he was  on The Soup.  I'm new to this show and I really don't care for any of the judges, but I'd make an exception for him!  I've always liked Ken, but I'm not too crazy about his OTT antics on this show.  

My first impression of Popcorn was that it's Vanessa Williams.  As far as the rest of them, I have no clue.  I don't even know half of the names that the judges are throwing out there!   Cyndi Lauper's voice is so distinct that I think it would be difficult to hide that, but it's still possible!  I never guessed Brian Austin Green.  I didn't pay enough attention to the clues either. 

• Love 3

I don’t know their voices at all, and maybe it’s because of previous comments about Vince Gill and Amy Grant, but the clue package for snow owls really made me think it’s them. Woman owl taking a leap of faith fits with Amy Grant’s career and the mainstream vs Christian music. And there was huge controversy with their marriage. 

I have no guesses for any of them, and I never would have guessed that Brian was giraffe. Was this filmed before he and Megan broke up? I had to laugh at Nicole's guess of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Even though the clues matched, I remember him singing in a Chevy commercial shown during the super bowl a while ago, and he's not a singer. 😅

• Love 2
Just now, Bali said:

Can we discuss Nicole's atrocious outfit in this thread? Because I need to make fun of her vinyl Judi Jetson outfit. 

I thought the bottom looked like a swim diaper. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

When did BAG get so "lumberjack hot"? Like I know even in the later 90210 days he was always one of those borderline attractive, "in the right light, maybe" guys, but daaaaamn. Dude's looking fiiiine.

Also I approve of him being incredulous of Jenny's stupidity. Admittedly that was a bit of an obscure clue she got thrown off by, but: yes.

• Love 11

The theme of this weeks episode? Throwing tons of shade at Ken and his antics. Can we keep Joel McHale around? His really snarky responses to all of the craziness are hilarious. 

I actually thought of Brian Austin Green because of the Mean Fox mention, but I just dismissed it! Gotta go with my instincts next time!

I keep coming back to Popcorn being Vanessa Williams, but is Popcorn tall enough?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SnideAsides said:

When did BAG get so "lumberjack hot"? Like I know even in the later 90210 days he was always one of those borderline attractive, "in the right light, maybe" guys, but daaaaamn. Dude's looking fiiiine.

Also I approve of him being incredulous of Jenny's stupidity. Admittedly that was a bit of an obscure clue she got thrown off by, but: yes.

BAG got really buff when he was in the Terminator TV show a few years ago. It seems like he’s been able to maintain it. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Please do..

Ken: Why Nicole, I just love your outfit.

Nicole: Why thank you, I saw it on my sofa and just had to wear it.

Nicole giving fashion advice: Darling, everyone will be wearing silver talons this year. And never underestimate the power of turning doorknobs into rings. 

When in doubt, wear pleather.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I have no guesses for any of them, and I never would have guessed that Brian was giraffe. Was this filmed before he and Megan broke up? I had to laugh at Nicole's guess of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Even though the clues matched, I remember him singing in a Chevy commercial shown during the super bowl a while ago, and he's not a singer. 😅

Filming took place mid August to mid September.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2020 at 7:12 PM, pezgirl7 said:

Being a big fan of Dale I was SMH when she said he drove the 8 car. It' was 88 before he retired. 

• Love 3

Cyndi Lauper was my guess for Popcorn last week, but now I think Molly Ringwald. In the clue package, there were candles arranged in the shape of a 1 and a 6. Sixteen Candles. There's no connection between that film and Lauper, and Ringwald can sing, and in that style. OTOH, nothing in the backstory fit what I know of Ringwald. Does she have any ties to the LGBTQ community? 🏳️‍🌈 

If it's not her, this is a long shot, but Patti Smith had a song on the 16C soundtrack. 

How have none of them guessed LeAnn Rhimes?  I was also this baffled when none of them guessed Chris Daughtry in season 1 (he was totally robbed, imho).  Once someone mentioned Taylor Dayne, that makes sense.  

• Love 2

My guesses are: Demi Lovato for Sun; Taylor Dayne for Popcorn; Snow Owls: either Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black or the White Stripes (former husband/wife duo) Jack and Meg White, who portrayed themselves as siblings so that people wouldn't focus on the couple aspect when they performed. 

Edited by mizzhyer