Type keyword(s) to search

B Positive Media: United Network for Information Sharing

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, brokenwing29 said:

As far as I know CBS hasn't decided to renew this show, but if they do, would they recast the actor or would that be too weird?

Maybe they could refocus the story on one of the other characters in the group? But let's be real - Middleditch most likely won't have to deal with any repercussions. If Roman Polanski and Woody Allen are still working, there's little chance that this will affect Thomas Middleditch's career. Even if he's tried, convicted, and sent to jail, he'll probably just jump right back into his career (see: Mike Tyson, Michael Vick).

Some inside scoop on the transition from Kidneys to Seniors.

https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-talk-pittsburgh-native-jamie-widdoes-helps-evolve-cbs-sitcom-b-positive/

Not sure this transition will work.  Fox failed with its Hijinks in the Assisted Living Center sitcom a couple years ago.

Although Jane Seymour, Ben Vereen, and Linda Lavin are a step above Vicki Lawrence, David Allen Grier, and Leslie Jordan.

• Useful 3

I think they could easily have made a show that continued the transplant focus if they'd wanted to, but clearly they didn't want to. The show about the assisted living place might be okay, but I am not buying the excuses offered for why they "have to" change the direction.

• Love 1

So, thank goodness the credits are changing!   Hated the old ones, not sure I love the new ones, but oof, did not like the original. I also appreciate that maybe they now realize how unappealing their leading man is.  Wasn't sure I liked the character before what we learned about the actor, but am now certain I have no need to see him dominating airtime, nor appearing charming enough to win the gal.  

Have no idea if refocus to assisted living facility means a better show, but I'm in for at least a few more episodes.  

• Love 2

Looks like the season two finale is March 10, at the latest.  The pro-bowler sitcom is slated to debut on March 31, and March 17 and 24 are going to be NCAA Basketball tournament preemptions.  There are probably also a couple of holiday preemptions (Dec 23/30), so the show is not going to get to 22 episodes.  If they air on the available dates, they get to 19 episodes. And that presumes the show airs in February sweeps (vs the Winter Olympics). I can't imagine CBS would double-up episodes.  It's also apparently unclear how many episodes were ordered, and there has been no publicity about CBS even picking up the "back 9" after the standard 13-episode order.

https://tvline.com/2021/12/10/pete-holmes-how-we-roll-premiere-date-replacing-b-positive-cbs/

CBS has pinned down a premiere date for new Pete Holmes bowling comedy How We Roll (fka Smallwood).

The multi-camera sitcom will bow Thursday, March 31 at 9:30/8:30c. Chuck Lorre’s recently retooled B Positive, which currently occupies the post-Ghosts time slot, will have completed its Season 2 order by that time. (TVLine has reached out to CBS to confirm B Positive‘s Season 2 episode count.)

• Useful 1

According to my cable guide, B Positive will air 2 episodes next week. E12 at 9 (bumping Ghosts, which I find unforgivable!) and E13 at 9:30.  Big Brother Celeb Version (ugh) premieres on 2/3 at 9. No Al or B Positive. Sheldon and Ghosts reruns at 8 and 8:30.

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I wonder if the shows will be marketed as "Season Finale" or "Series Finale".

Unless there’s an official cancellation, shows are marketed as “season finale,” even if there’s no renewal yet.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I watched Thomas Middleditch on Colbert from Tuesday night just to see if, ya know..., but nope.

Ditto. I think Stephen got one of those "don't ask questions about XXX and harrassment complaints." So, totally soft-pedaled. Who isn't thrilled about Middleditch becoming a US Citizen? Doesn't seem like he put a whole lot of thought into it. Do we really need him here? And why? And how?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I watched Thomas Middleditch on Colbert from Tuesday night just to see if, ya know..., but nope.
And not even a mention of the series ending or not.
I'm guessing it was a CBS-manufactured interview:

5 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

Ditto. I think Stephen got one of those "don't ask questions about XXX and harrassment complaints." So, totally soft-pedaled. Who isn't thrilled about Middleditch becoming a US Citizen? Doesn't seem like he put a whole lot of thought into it. Do we really need him here? And why? And how?

I’ve only heard vague reports that he’s done things somewhat icky but not fireable. Don’t think I want to research further. But I just figured this was a CBS cross-promotion to both polish his image (aww, he’s a US citizen now) and promote the show. 

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 9:41 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I’ve only heard vague reports that he’s done things somewhat icky but not fireable.

Sexual harrassment when he was on Silicon Valley. You heard more about T.J. Miller, but Middleditch was right in there, too. Here's one:

https://deadline.com/2021/03/alice-wetterlund-responds-sexual-misconduct-allegations-thomas-middleditch-news-1234719765/

The icky stuff is "The Lifestyle," which is not illegal if consentual.

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

FYI: Time change swap with United States of Al and B Positive. B Pos will be on at 8:30 after Young Sheldon and US of Al will be in B Pos spot at 9:30 after Ghosts. Trolling for better ratings?

That👆, plus, I guess they wanted the lesser show (B Pos) to follow the most popular show (Ghosts) in hopes of viewers not turning off the TV.
If that makes sense?

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

That👆, plus, I guess they wanted the lesser show (B Pos) to follow the most popular show (Ghosts) in hopes of viewers not turning off the TV.
If that makes sense?

Sure, but Young Sheldon at 8pm has the highest ratings, Ghosts is second. US of Al is pretty low, but B Pos ticks in a little lower. The week after, they are giving B Pos the Ghosts slot at 9 after Al and moving Ghosts to 9:30. WTF? Tricksy. Guess they think Ghosts is ever so super popular because it's on at 9 and not because it's superior in everything except a Tony-winning B'way actress singing the open?

Then we head into March Madness and re-runs or pre-empts. Sheesh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

Interview with Chuck Lorre. He fully intends to pair Drew and Gina in a 3rd season, if renewed. UGH! I certainly won't be watching:

https://tvline.com/2022/03/10/b-positive-season-3-drew-leaving-alaska-renewed-cancelled-cbs/

Neither will I.  They had better cancel this tomorrow on TV Cancelations Friday.

I see that you commented at the end of the TV Line article and I absolutely totally agreed with all that you said.  It's exactly how I felt about the show this season.   

Edited by dbklmt
Edited to add additional thoughts
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I see that you commented at the end of the TV Line article and I absolutely totally agreed with all that you said.  It's exactly how I felt about the show this season.   

Had to! All those folks were saying how wonderful it is and how Drew and Gina were a perfect couple! 🤮 Where did they come from?

Maybe Middleditch's "Swingin' Lifestyle" pals?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MsNewsradio said:

B Positive Canceled

I'm sorry for Annaleigh and all the older cast members, but not surprised. I blame Middleditch and his skeevy scandals for part of it. Should dumped him early on.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, MsNewsradio said:

B Positive Canceled

Thank god…what a shell of itself it was this season, and what a waste of a cast. Hope everyone can land better projects for themselves. 

I will miss this show - no, correct that - I will miss the cast, and the roles they all played (excluding Middleditch).

I would love to see some re-tooled form of the show come back, renamed, of course, that would focus on the assisted living facility and its residents.  

Unfortunately, I think that any show about older people just doesn't do well in the ratings; which is somewhat surprising, considering that people in the over-50/60 demographic are the ones who are still watching network TV more than other demographics, I would think.  There was another show on a few years ago (Cook Kids-?) that didn't last very long, either.  

I will miss Cannoli.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8
On 5/13/2022 at 5:59 PM, possibilities said:

Advertisers mostly want younger viewers, so even if older people watch, it doesn't translate into money for the networks, and thus... not considered successful.

Yeah, the days of shows like Golden Girls being big hits in primetime are probably long gone.

I'm going to miss this show (also excepting Middleditch) but I'm not the demographic the networks want.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2022 at 5:59 PM, possibilities said:

Advertisers mostly want younger viewers, so even if older people watch, it doesn't translate into money for the networks, and thus... not considered successful.

Which never made sense to me…I have far more disposable income than my 20 something kids!

• Love 5
(edited)
22 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Which never made sense to me…I have far more disposable income than my 20 something kids!

Someone somewhere told ad agencies that we set our preferences for consumables when we're in our 20s and we never change our minds or try anything new, which in my case is utter bs. Outside of my preferring Coke over Pepsi my tastes and buying habits change all the time. I've had 7 different brands of cars in the last 40 years, and the latest is a plug-in hybrid Kia. I'm always game to try new foods, I'm always looking for better brands of laundry detergent or make-up, etc. But conventional marketing wisdom says ignore anybody over 49, so the networks do.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

The thing is there should be a ton of money to be made on streaming sites catering to older people with money since advertising is a non issue there. Also older people tend to be the ones buying new cars so car advertisers should target them for example.

There is also some truth to people sticking to the brands they liked in their 20's and 30's. I still buy Nike shoes and Levis jeans for example. People still try new things when the old ones get too expensive or quality goes down but younger people are the ones who will try anything they think looks cool.

I figured the show was canceled when season 2 started with the old folks home setup.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2022 at 12:01 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Yeah, the days of shows like Golden Girls being big hits in primetime are probably long gone.

Golden Girls featured a mature cast but neither the characters nor the audience was patronized.  Also, the writing was of a higher caliber.  Yeah, those days appear to be gone.  I felt sorry for most of the actors on this show (many with good solid careers and bodies of work behind them) being subjected to the drivel this show descended to. 

I think my greatest objection, however, was to bringing in super serious subjects like the death of a long term spouse to a terminal disease and deteriorating mental issues.  This is supposed to be a comedy!  I imagine some of the people dealing with those types of issues actually look for a short reprieve in watching something like a half hour comedy.  Instead of getting a brief escape they got this.  The first season seemed to do a better job walking the fence despite dealing with and acknowledging a serious condition faced by many people.