Type keyword(s) to search

Restoring Galveston - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This popped up last night in my Facebook feed. Emory James was born yesterday. Their third daughter.  (Their FB page is "Save 1900" which pops up anyway if you search FB for Restoring Galveston.)

Screenshot2023-03-19at7_17_58AM.thumb.png.869d44248f8447f42846977e36500818.png

• Like 1

I can see Emory as being a tad bit gender neutral - I guess they are just going with a trend.  They didn't know the gender so they picked out names that they liked?

They are definitely fond of babies.

Catching up on Season 5 and I just watched Ep4, the back house to a house they previously renovated (not sure if that was featured on  a previous season?). I really liked the quirkiness of the mismatched wood planks on the wall, but it may feel oppressive after a bit. Not sure also about the kitchen located in the porch (no entry space at all) and the choice also of putting shelves in front of the windows in the kitchen. Very little storage in the house altogether, and it is a small house to have two bedrooms. I think it's set up to be a vacation rental, more than a full time housing.

• Like 3

I'm currently watching what I guess is season 5 - the latest season?  I guess they have been able to buy more expensive homes due to the show and most of them seemed destined to be vacation rentals.  They aren't even doing open houses anymore and I kind of miss them.  

I love Galveston so I definitely treasure each of these episodes.

• Like 3

They are advertising a new series where they buy a hotel and renovate it - not sure when it is supposed to start but definitely looking forward to it (I see it advertised on YouTube TV).

Tomorrow (4/9) is the last episode of the Inn renovation.  A new series begins next week.

If you're on Instagram, the Restoring 1900 account has photos from the Cordray's 10th recent wedding anniversary celebration.  

• Like 1