Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E20: Head of Household #7, Nominations #7

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Michichick said:

Yes, like Lamima said, Julie can’t reveal game info to the jurors. She was spilling info to all evictees before Ian because they were going home and wouldn’t influence the game at all.

Didn't Julie reveal to Ian the alliances? And didn't they also tell him that in their "good-bye" DR messages to him? 

• Useful 2

I want to point out that I have always hated Da'Vonne.  Even when I was calling out Clay and Masturbating Jeff for being racist to her with the "what is she doing in our room?  She's probably stealing our stuff to sell on eBay!" garbage in BB17, I still couldn't stand her.

I didn't like her the first time she played, but I can't remember why. But this time she's my favorite only because everyone else sucks so much. She gives great DR whereas the alternatives are boring and/or insipid. I agree she is a terrible player though.

Yes, like Lamima said, Julie can’t reveal game info to the jurors. She was spilling info to all evictees before Ian because they were going home and wouldn’t influence the game at all.

That really doesn't make much sense because once the other HGs go to the jury house they all start trading info. It's not like any of this is going to be kept quiet right up until they vote for a winner. Kevin and David will most assuredly be following Da'Vonne to the jury house and at that point I would hope Da'Vonne has no reason to believe David is still lying about his vote.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

Didn't Julie reveal to Ian the alliances? And didn't they also tell him that in their "good-bye" DR messages to him? 

Julie did not reveal the alliances to Ian. Tyler did in his goodbye message to Ian, which is perfectly allowable. The players can share game info (or game lies) to other players as they wish. Julie can’t tell jury members anything they don’t already know.

12 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That really doesn't make much sense because once the other HGs go to the jury house they all start trading info. It's not like any of this is going to be kept quiet right up until they vote for a winner. Kevin and David will most assuredly be following Da'Vonne to the jury house and at that point I would hope Da'Vonne has no reason to believe David is still lying about his vote.

I think it makes sense that players can tell other players whatever they want, but non-players like Julie can’t give game info to jury members.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Coco88 said:

Arbor Day really creeped me out when they showed her upstairs watching the downstairs people.  I can totally see her snapping soon.  

That was super creepy.  I don't know how Day and Kevin could've missed her standing there observing them over the balcony, but even if they did know she was there they shouldn't have to alter their conversation just because she's listening.  But that visual was pretty disturbing - April Fool's Day glaring down at them with a ragey unhinged look on her face and then using that semi-private and joking conversation to throw back in Day's face when Day had the unmitigated audacity to put poor Raspberry Cream Pie Day on slop (yep, it's a real holiday and now I want pie).

14 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Dani laughing about everyone being upset after she framed David was disturbing. There wasn't a shadow of guilt or discomfort on her face. Or sympathy for the pain she's causing people who trust her. That's not normal.  

I was just thinking last night that I finally see the resemblance between Dani and her dad.  I never used to think they looked alike but I see it now in both looks and personality.

I know that David speaks in riddles, but it seems like the best thing to say to someone who doesn't believe you is, "when you go home and watch the show, you'll see I was telling the truth."  Stop with the mysterious word salad and just spell it out.    

I don't think there has ever been a season where I don't care at all who wins.  Literally the only thing that will save this season is when Janelle gets America's Favorite Player and the cameras do a close-up reaction shot of Nicole and Dani.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, springbarb said:

Memphis can't put up David if David wins veto. The veto holder isn't eligible as a renom.

Memphis' stated plan to backdoor David involves someone other than him winning Veto, then vetoing one of them so he (Memphis) can nominate David, then vote him out. Does Memphis understand that this will 100% cost him David's jury vote? The Final Two could be Memphis vs the Grand Wizard of the KKK, and David STILL wouldn't vote for Memphis.

Similarly, do Nicole and Dani understand that unless they are the final two (and they won't be), Day will automatically vote against whichever one of them makes it, not only for the lie itself, but for the horrendous way she treated David afterwards?

The long-term strategic thinking here is almost nil.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Literally the only thing that will save this season is when Janelle gets America's Favorite Player and the cameras do a close-up reaction shot of Nicole and Dani.

This would be a fresh turd on a decaying shitpile for me.  While I understand it would be nice to see their reaction, Janelle doesn't deserve squat.  Except maybe a remedial course on what toxic paste to NOT put on your face.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I thought that once players got to the jury house, they weren't supposed to talk game except when supervised (the final roundtable). Even when they watch the video of what happened during the week, I don't think they really get into it. I'm sure they do manage to trade some information, but I didn't think they could just sit around a rehash what went on in the house.

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Da'Vonne's days are numbered anyway so it doesn't really matter either way I think, but they have to build up some suspense even if it's only about when Da'Vonne finds out she was wrong. 

This. Day, Kevin and David were the low hanging fruit and were all going to be evicted anyway, it was just a matter of what order. Cody, Tyler, Memphis and Enzo are running things and controlling the votes, while the women-folk bow down and let themselves get talked out of doing what's best for themselves. Just like every other season before this one.

It sucks that David, Day and Kevin couldn't maintain their allegiance to each other, but they too got swept up into wanting to be liked by the "popular" gang. Also, David sucks at communicating. All the stops and starts and beating around the bush. He's shifty and I probably wouldn't trust him either. It was very uncomfortable to watch them fight with each other, and I know that Nicole and Dani see this as a game move, but it's much deeper than that for them. 

• Love 4

Along the lines of ^ , why didn't David come in from HoH and be like 'ok...who was the vote flipper?'. I would have been ticked and wanted an answer. But he just almost shrugs and carries on about his day. And when Day and Kevin don't believe him, he kinda still is very low key about it. I'd be screaming at the rooftops that 'it wasn't me'. And demanding a house meeting to ask each and every person of the 4 (who were supposed to vote for Ian to stay) how they actually voted. 

And for all the talk of David being a non-player and not deserving of being an all-star, they sure are going to great lengths to hurt his game and evict him. I'd have to ask Memphis..."if David is such a terrible player then why does it take 2 HoHs and a backdoor to get rid of him?". Maybe, you Memphis, are not that great either. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I love Day, but anyone who saw Nicole right after she voted for Ian, could've deduced that she'd flipped & voted to evict him. I think David has just been so sketchy, but Nicole basically had a neon sign that read "I vote to evict Ian!!".

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I didn't like her the first time she played, but I can't remember why. But this time she's my favorite only because everyone else sucks so much. She gives great DR whereas the alternatives are boring and/or insipid. I agree she is a terrible player though.

The first time Da'Vonne played she made her name as much for her spat with Clay as anything as she didn't last long, he helped start her career in reality tv.  The second time she just seemed bitter to me, this time she's more relaxed but arrogant (though arrogance is virtually a prerequisite for casting on this show anyway).

I also feel there's been plenty of suspicion that Nicole and Dani are involved in a bigger alliance but at this point it comes down to having to try and trust them because there isn't really any other choice.  None of the outsiders have managed to win a HoH and that's made hard for the editors to manufacture much suspense.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Michichick said:

Julie did not reveal the alliances to Ian. Tyler did in his goodbye message to Ian, which is perfectly allowable. The players can share game info (or game lies) to other players as they wish. Julie can’t tell jury members anything they don’t already know.

I think it makes sense that players can tell other players whatever they want, but non-players like Julie can’t give game info to jury members.

I thought I heard her reveal it to Ian and I was surprised. 

2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Along the lines of ^ , why didn't David come in from HoH and be like 'ok...who was the vote flipper?'. I would have been ticked and wanted an answer. But he just almost shrugs and carries on about his day. And when Day and Kevin don't believe him, he kinda still is very low key about it. I'd be screaming at the rooftops that 'it wasn't me'. And demanding a house meeting to ask each and every person of the 4 (who were supposed to vote for Ian to stay) how they actually voted. 

Such action by David would probably have been as well-received as his piss-poor “who used the Disruptor power on me?” performance after he took himself off the Block - and (dis-)believed right about as much.

29 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I thought I heard her reveal it to Ian and I was surprised. 

I thought so to, so I went back and checked - and it was Tyler in his GBM who enumerated the Committee alliance members to Ian, not Julie. Julie’s closest thing to a mention was after all the GBMs when she said, “Ian - what do you think of what you just heard?”

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just watched this episode and I am angry. Nicole is sick: "I voted to keep Ian." Screw her. David may be a newbie but he is an honest and good guy. Dani is evil. How could Da'Vonne believe those two bitches over David? She is really a poor judge of character. In a few weeks, she will know the truth. She owed David an apology then. 

• Love 6

Just catching up on last night. How these people don’t know how they will be hated when this is over is beyond me. Poor David, my heart breaks for him he should have taken a hard pass on this season. In fact, anyone not white should have taken a pass. 

I am not sure I can keep watching, these are just disgusting human beings. 

• Love 6

It's hard to put into words the magnitude of just how VILE these people are.

It was very uncomfortable watching the systematic framing of David. Here we see it in the contexst of a game but there are too many real world parrallels not to feel unease watching that play out.

On the other side of the equation its as if Da Vonne and Kevin don't have a brain cell to share between them. How can they not recognize that Nicole is in this HUGE alliance and the most likely flipper? Didn't Kaysar spill the beans on them all a few weeks ago?

Speaking of Kaysar reminds me that for the first part of the episode it was as if Dani was trying to do a COSPLAY version of Janelle the way she was dolled up. Sorry honey but there is only one Janelle.

Memphis is such an overbearing prick that its infuriating him watch him when he slips into his Godfather role.

Hopefully this season will end any alleged clamoring for another All-Star of Returning (Grodner's) Favorites.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Memphis is such an overbearing prick that its infuriating him watch him when he slips into his Godfather role.

I didn't know anything about Memphis before this season, and gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Week by week, he shows himself to be a condescending prick.   The way he treated David was terrible.   Now I"m stuck with who to hate more, Memphis or Cody?   Maybe Nicole? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

I didn't know anything about Memphis before this season, and gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Week by week, he shows himself to be a condescending prick.   The way he treated David was terrible.   Now I"m stuck with who to hate more, Memphis or Cody?   Maybe Nicole? 

Why limit yourself?  Hate ‘em all!

865382E7-1C06-4132-ACA6-FC55D319912D.thumb.jpeg.13b072b5ad6ffca7f36394acb457fb0d.jpeg

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2020 at 9:37 PM, Melina22 said:

Poor David. If he hadn't done his ridiculous charade of telling everyone he didn't have a power, Day and Kevin would probably believe him. 

This is the one thing that keeps me from feeling too bad for David. He really dug his own grave in this regard. Trust is a two-way street, and he lost a lot of trust with that obvious lie. Not to mention his reluctance to really bond with anyone previously. But still... this episode made me root for David more than any time this season.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:04 PM, Nashville said:

Even if it is, Frazzle needs to return the swimsuit she stole from Minnie Mouse.  That just ain’t right.

I really, really want her to wear the swimsuit while putting her hair up in those ridiculous mouse ear buns. Is that too much to ask??

15 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But that visual was pretty disturbing - April Fool's Day glaring down at them with a ragey unhinged look on her face and then using that semi-private and joking conversation to throw back in Day's face when Day had the unmitigated audacity to put poor Raspberry Cream Pie Day on slop (yep, it's a real holiday and now I want pie).

I’m beginning to think the editors don’t care too much for Xmas. As a card-carrying member of the Christmas Sucks club, I applaud their efforts to highlight her psychopathy.

15 hours ago, springbarb said:

I thought that once players got to the jury house, they weren't supposed to talk game except when supervised (the final roundtable). Even when they watch the video of what happened during the week, I don't think they really get into it. I'm sure they do manage to trade some information, but I didn't think they could just sit around a rehash what went on in the house.

Jury members always talk game. How else would you end up with chronically bitter juries?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

If I never see Christmas shimmy her shoulders again, it'll be too soon.  I severely dislike her.  Why does 'game play' these days have to come with a heaping helping of nastiness?  I really don't think these people know any other way.  We'll probably never see a non-bitter jury again (some of it completely justified).  The majority of the people they cast are just too one-dimensional for anything else.  They know how to find each other and will always rule the house, as long as casting this way continues.  It's not only boring, it's very uncomfortable to watch.

I feel like I'm forcing myself to keep watching because it's something I've done for so many years that it's comfortable.  Like a friendship that has turned toxic and you know it's time to say goodbye, but you've been holding out hope that the dynamic will change back to what it once was.  That hope has been fading fast and I might give it one more season to see if BB pulls it together and casts more diverse, interesting, humane, and sharp players.  But if they don't get it after everything going on in the world today, they never will.  Is the fact that they now have to constantly interrupt the live-feeds to protect these people from the stupid things they say  registering at all?

Edited by eskimo
to clarify
  • Love 8

I keep watching because I am an enormous, deprived "Survivor" fan and this is like fake, (even more) racist Survivor.

Once Day, David, and Kevin are all kicked off, it will be like torture.  No idea if I can hold on.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I really, really want her to wear the swimsuit while putting her hair up in those ridiculous mouse ear buns. Is that too much to ask??

Nicole only does that for Victor.  Or Corey.  I forget which.

1 hour ago, eskimo said:

Why does 'game play' these days have to come with a heaping helping of nastiness?

Gameplay doesn’t have to be exceedingly nasty, but some of the gamers appear to feel a compulsive need to be.

52 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I would use the term socially awkward.

Don’t “socially awkward” and “sucks at communicating”  pretty much mean the exact same damn thing?

😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

I feel like I'm forcing myself to keep watching because it's something I've done for so many years that it's comfortable.  Like a friendship that has turned toxic and you know it's time to say goodbye, but you've been holding out hope that the dynamic will change back to what it once was.  That hope has been fading fast and I might give it one more season to see if BB pulls it together and casts more diverse, interesting, humane, and sharp players.  But if they don't get it after everything going on in the world today, they never will.  Is the fact that they now have to constantly interrupt the live-feeds to protect these people from the stupid things they say  registering at all?

Am I alone in thinking that BB20 was a breath of fresh air in between the toxicity of BB19 and 21 (and now 22)?  20 wasn't perfect but to me it seemed like a diverse group of decent people who didn't actively hate each other, for the most part.  The gameplay was fun (if a little boring, but "Who Flipped?" will never not be funny), I had people to root for, and for the most part I never wanted to throw a shoe through my tv while watching.

But I agree, if BB23 is more of the same as 19, 21 and 22, then as much as it pains me it will be time to move on.  It's not as much fun to hate watch a show as it is to actually use it for my summer guilty pleasure.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Am I alone in thinking that BB20 was a breath of fresh air in between the toxicity of BB19 and 21 (and now 22)?  20 wasn't perfect but to me it seemed like a diverse group of decent people who didn't actively hate each other, for the most part. 

I don't know...I think that season will always have a bit of a shadow over it for the whitewashing of the antics of the Little Person (I forget his name) still it  does get huge points for featuring the now legendary flop of the producers desperately trying to get that whacky girl back in the game by giving her a simple four piece puzzle to assemble to spectacular results...and bonus for the show taking place during Rockstar's daughter's birthday.

• LOL 5
54 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I don't know...I think that season will always have a bit of a shadow over it for the whitewashing of the antics of the Little Person (I forget his name)

JC Mounduix.

<Aack phffft>

still it  does get huge points for featuring the now legendary flop of the producers desperately trying to get that whacky girl back in the game by giving her a simple four piece puzzle to assemble to spectacular results...

Kaitlyn - yeah - tell her granddad to quit shitting all over my Jeep, please?  Thank you.

and bonus for the show taking place during Rockstar's daughter's birthdayS.

FTFY - because didn’t Crockstar’s daughter’s birthday end up running 3 or 4 days long...?  😈

Of course, I guess “AND ON MY DAUGHTER’S BIRTHDAY!!!” plays to the cameras a lot better than “AND REMARKABLY CLOSE TO MY DAUGHTER’S BIRTHDAY!!!”....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Once Day, David, and Kevin are all kicked off, it will be like torture.  No idea if I can hold on.

I'm probably done after this week. It's predictable the way the next two evictions will go. Unless Kevin or David wins HOH or POV, we know how it will play out and that just sounds boring to me. I don't like any of the people in power anyway so it won't be hard for me to let this show go.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 2

Now this is Big Brother! Yeah Day, you're looking stupid (but still gorgeous as ever). David only has himself to blame. Just playing a stupid game all around after he won his power. Should know better then to trust Memphis with anything. I liked Nicole during her season, but she sucks this one. I don't like what Dani is doing either, but at least it's a plan and working to perfection. She's so smug about it. I don't care about anyone who wins at this point. Nobody deserves it, they should give it all to charity.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

David only has himself to blame. Just playing a stupid game all around after he won his power. Should know better then to trust Memphis with anything.

Agreed. Instead of busting out fake tears at being saved and then asking everyone (including the person he was on the block with!) if they saved him. Message: I'm just pathetic and undeserving of being saved by anyone, I can't believe something actually went right for me and I'll survive another week.

He should have been overjoyed and almost rubbing it in that the guy they thought wasn't worthy won a power AND saved himself. Message: Don't mess with me, and Memphis? How ya like me now??

He obviously has no read on how things he does looks to others though so he can just join Kevin as the pathetic emotional wreck that lives on the block.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2020 at 10:55 PM, tinkerbell said:

These people are a combination of  houseguests who are bad players, and those that are bad human beings.   I hate this season, I hate the White Alliance and how they are so oblivious.  

Can you stop bringing race into a goofy reality show that means nothing?  None of this has anything to do with race. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Mmazeo said:

Can you stop bringing race into a goofy reality show that means nothing?  None of this has anything to do with race. 

To some extent, "goofy" reality shows like BB are a microcosm of society at large, a sociological experiment about how people work together and compete.

There's an alliance of the white players. Its segmented into 2 or 3 or 4 overlapping sub-alliances, but its the white players.  The players who are left out are a black woman, a black man, and a mixed race man. They are lied to, excluded from any real discussions, and told how to play if they want to stay in the game.

The white players discuss which of the black players will be the next to go, or basically in which order should they evict the 3 remaining non-white players. The black players are not respected, they are sometimes fooled into thinking that white players are including them, but they're wrong.

When 2 black players had to choose white players to be have-nots, the reaction was noticeably different than when white players chose other white players. There was vehemence, angry glares, yelling.

But yeah, I am the one making it about race.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

To some extent, "goofy" reality shows like BB are a microcosm of society at large, a sociological experiment about how people work together and compete.

There's an alliance of the white players. Its segmented into 2 or 3 or 4 overlapping sub-alliances, but its the white players.  The players who are left out are a black woman, a black man, and a mixed race man. They are lied to, excluded from any real discussions, and told how to play if they want to stay in the game.

The white players discuss which of the black players will be the next to go, or basically in which order should they evict the 3 remaining non-white players. The black players are not respected, they are sometimes fooled into thinking that white players are including them, but they're wrong.

When 2 black players had to choose white players to be have-nots, the reaction was noticeably different than when white players chose other white players. There was vehemence, angry glares, yelling.

But yeah, I am the one making it about race.

Everything you wrote here has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin other than you reducing these people to nothing more than the color of their skin and watching this show with nothing but race on YOUR mind. 

Edited by Mmazeo
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Mmazeo said:

Everything you wrote here has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin other than you reducing these people to nothing more than the color of their skin. 

Nope. Its not me that's doing that.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 5
On 9/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, Gregg247 said:

I would probably feel more sorry for the "fish-in-a-barrel" contestants if they had any abilities to play the game at all.  Win competitions, play a great social game, or be sneaky & underhanded.  The best players have all 3 of these skills.  Day, David, and Kevin excel at NONE of these.

In Kevin's defense, I'll note that he's now won five competitions (HoH and two Vetos in S11, the first part [endurance] of the final HoH that year, and the Week 4 Veto this season).  He's not going to make anybody forget Janelle, Dani, James Rhine, or either half of Brenchel  (when little Adora Borealis Villegas shows up on BB40 or whatever in the future, watch out!  That's some dangerous DNA she's packing), but I've seen a lot of HGs do a lot worse, through the seasons.

Given that Da'Vonne and David have a combined one comp win in five seasons, I'd place Kevin ahead of them, at least.  JMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

For those who haven't been keeping track, it's now FOUR weeks without a HoH nominating a white player in their initial picks:

Week 4:  Enzo  noms Kevin (mixed) and Kaysar (middle Eastern, Muslim).

Week 5:  Confederate Heritage Day nominates Da'Vonne and Bayleigh

Week 6: Dani nominates David and Kevin

Week 7:  Chickamauga nominates Da'Vonne and Kevin.

I'll give the Kommittee this much:  they're definitely Keeping it Konsistent.

ETA:  None of the seven HoHs thus far this season has initially nominated two white people, despite whites comprising 11/16 of the Houseguests.  (Dani ended up with Ian v. Tyler last week, but of course that was because all of the PoC were made safe from the block, so it's not as if she had any choice in the matter.)

Kevin's seen his face on the Wall of Bluetooth four of the seven weeks, and the other weeks gave us David v. Nicole A (Week 2), Janelle v. Kaysar (Week 3), and Da'Vonne v. Bayleigh (Week 5).

I guess you can say that at least the non-white HGs have been visible this season…but I don't think that's what diversity advocates were hoping for, exactly.

As much fun as it was to see Frazzle take a tumble, that wasn't the biggest flop in that scene:

DANI:  I would love to see a female win All-Stars.

Dear Daniele:  "Female" is an adjective.  You want a noun (such as "woman") here.

I grant you, nowadays this error is more commonly made in reverse ("Kamala Harris would be the first woman Vice-President".  No, try again), but points for originality don't undo the screw-up, IMO.

(It would be nice if they'd get an actual bath tub in the HoH bathroom again;  that micro-jacuzzi was giving me claustrophobia.  What's next, are they just going to tell them to bathe in the toilet next season?  However appropriate that might be for those three.)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

It would be nice if they'd get an actual bath tub in the HoH bathroom again;  that micro-jacuzzi was giving me claustrophobia.

Something about this show is afraid of large amounts of water, maybe it's a California thing but the tiny little pool has always been a staple of the BB backyard. It is indeed odd though.