Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: Live Eviction #3; HoH Comp #4

• Start Topic

I've met plenty of obnoxious religious people like Jocasta before. They are the same ones who tell me that my atheism is bullshit and that I won't be an atheist once I'm on my death bed.

Blech.

Wow, people really tell you that?  I have my own thoughts on atheism, but I think everyone's relationship, or lack of a relationship with god is their own business.  I actually respect atheists because their goodness is not powered by an ultimate ulterior motive.

but I think most Christians are those that more loosely identify with Christianity.  They are Christian, they believe in god, but they aren't going to church every week, they are making it for Easter and Christmas.  They certainly aren't wearing bowties and loudly imploring god to give them some BB money.  I think if you polled the house, most of them would say they are Christians, especially Amber, Caleb, Nicole, Donny, Cody, and Devin (even though he is gone) they just aren't loud about it. I think BB looks for the loud ones.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I respect everyones beliefs. If I want respect for mine, I must give it in return.

Yeah, I've been told a couple of times that once I'm on my death bed or facing a major crisis, my atheism will go out the window.

No. It won't. I'm in a wheelchair. I've faced plenty of crises and made it through them atheism intact.

Edited by Maharincess
But I think most Christians are those that more loosely identify with Christianity.  They are Christian, they believe in god, but they aren't going to church every week, they are making it for Easter and Christmas.  They certainly aren't wearing bowties and loudly imploring god to give them some BB money.  I think if you polled the house, most of them would say they are Christians, especially Amber, Caleb, Nicole, Donny, Cody, and Devin (even though he is gone) they just aren't loud about it. I think BB looks for the loud ones.

I think this actually supports the point that BB is not targeting obnoxious Christians. Most of them ARE "Easter lilies" (the ol' twice-a-year churchgoers), but there is certainly a portion that are evangelical, over-the-top, or what have you. I think one Jocasta in a house of what are probably numerous weakly-affiliated Christians is pretty realistic.*

*And yes, it pains me to even come close to defending the casting/production of this shitfest. I hardly think they intentionally strive to represent a balanced population. Once they start casting two or three LGBT HGs in the same season (for non-gimmick reasons) and a cast including Hispanic, black, and Asian members - at the same time! Oh my! - I'll give a golf clap.

Back OT, I was almost hoping they'd have the HGs pair themselves up. It may have been slightly revealing.

• Love 1