Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 5: September 20, 2020-September 26, 2020

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

i love Calvin and i will post that GIF of him dancing every day until you agree with me

I don't dislike Calvin.  Do I DISLIKE the walls?  The plants? NO!   They're just there.  They ADD to the SURROUNDINGS.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Caleb and Calvin are by far my favourite pairing of what you mentioned, but honestly Calvin doesn't even need to be there.  He doesn't do much.

I find Cely pretty annoying.  Her whole personality seems to be "annoying".  I would have murdered her if she felt the need to wake me up.  Day 1.  I love Justine though.

Kierstan and Laurel mehhhhhhhh.  Laurel is way too self involved and naive for me.  And Kierstan, what the hell is she doing?  She should spend more time comforting herself than comforting Laurel!

Cely has been getting on my last nerve.  I really want Justine and Caleb to win since I think that is the only thing that will wipe that smug perma-smile off her face!

• Love 8

I think it’s possible that Julia said something at the expulsion ceremony but TPTB continued their ongoing effort to make us forget she was there.

Frankly, Carrington was more annoying than usual.  The whole facial drama while he was spending 2 hours explaining why he was picking Laurel was really too much.  It isn’t Sophie’s Choice.  I will always wonder if his parents named him because they watched too much Dynasty back in the 80s.

So if this was the last recoupling does that mean that everyone sits around in the deck chairs on the Titanic until Wednesday night’s season finale?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Oh, jeez. Now I feel terrible for making Moira cry! Had I seen last night’s episode before voting, I would have voted Lakelyn as most two-faced. None of the girls are two-faced in the typical sense. But Moira has been the most flip-floppy putting on this goo-goo-eyed routine every time a new guy talks to her, and she flips on the guys she’s currently with. She only hurt James, as the rest of the guys she was partnered with didn’t seem to care. But look at your “competition” here. Justine, Cely, and Laurel are as loyal as can be. You’re the girl most like Carrington—without being nearly as bad as Carrington.

But Caleb and Justine got all the love, as they should!

These pineapple garnishes in their drinks is probably the only food they’ve gotten all day, aside from eggs and “lightly crusted toast” per Calvin. I’m really concerned these people are being starved.

Yay, Caleb and Justine! ❤️❤️❤️

Of course the Hideway has strawberries and broken chocolate bars instead of chocolate-covered strawberries!

There’s a night-vision camera in this place, too?!? Oh, jeez. This should be “fantasy suite rules.” Film them for a few moments then give them their privacy!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6

Rare to see someone's reaction of them realizing that they pissed away $50,000 but we saw it tonight when the camera panned in on Johnny's face when Justine/Caleb were announced as getting the hideaway by America and Canada   It was priceless and I actually laughed out loud.  

Glad that Justine/Caleb seemed happy.   And I wish them well.  

No way will Cely's family trash Johnny as they probably think that she still has a shot at the money.   After her pounding on the pans and lukewarm reaction to Justine getting the hideaway, I"m not sure how many "fans" Cely has left as people are seemingly really annoyed with her now, along with No Neck Johnny.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

So if this was the last recoupling does that mean that everyone sits around in the deck chairs on the Titanic until Wednesday night’s season finale?

Well Sunday's show will be meet the family via Zoom which kills one episode.  Not sure what Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday will be.

Did the US version do the Love Island prom last season?  In the UK, the final 4 couples get all dressed up and profess their "love" to one another.  Nothing will ever top Gregg from UK season 5 writing a poem about Amber's ass but I guess these dudes can try to top that.  

Edited by CindyBee

Maybe I'm being influenced by all the background stuff I've been reading, but now that we are coming down to the wire it seems that our top couples are long on campaigning and short on sincerity. Their speeches seem contrived, obvious and designed to win the $$$.

• Love 7

It frustrated and annoyed me how stupid everyone is.  How is Johnny not the worst boyfriend?  Carrington never made any commitments to anyone, but Johnny and Cely were way way way closer when he did all that shit on Casa Amor.  How is Justine two faced?  How is Moira not?  Didn't everyone else watch the way she treated Connor?  The way she mauled Caleb in bed when she had no other options?  How is Johnny not two faced?

It was sooooo nice to see Caleb get all the votes for everything positive.  I don't understand the stronghold Justine has on all social media but I hope that some of that was actually about Caleb because he seems so cool.

Songs:

Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus
Truth Hurts by Lizzo

Pictures for @fishcakes

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

After her pounding on the pans 

Oh, god, she gets more awful every episode.

I'm sorry to be such a soft Millennial but I don't think that's funny.  When someone (Caleb?) said that he thought their resort was being invaded I was honestly worried about people who had PTSD or something.  But actually, who in the hell would enjoy being woken up by metal banging together?  That had to be horrible for all of them.  The people with bad childhoods and with great.

Will Cely ever notice that NOBODY laughs at her jokes or her antics but her?  Even Justine and Johnny do not find her Dennis the Menace antics the least bit amusing.

Lakeyn (or Laurel? who cares):  "My heart was literally warmed by that....."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It frustrated and annoyed me how stupid everyone is.  How is Johnny not the worst boyfriend?  Carrington never made any commitments to anyone, but Johnny and Cely were way way way closer when he did all that shit on Casa Amor.  How is Justine two faced?  How is Moira not?  Didn't everyone else watch the way she treated Connor?  The way she mauled Caleb in bed when she had no other options?  How is Johnny not two faced?

It was sooooo nice to see Caleb get all the votes for everything positive.  I don't understand the stronghold Justine has on all social media but I hope that some of that was actually about Caleb because he seems so cool.

Songs:

Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus
Truth Hurts by Lizzo

Pictures for @fishcakes

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Yes! I was so  confused by those votes. I didn't see Carrington do anything two faced. He was honest with all his chicks.  It's not his fault that Keirstan and her implants didn't listen to him when he said we are just friends. Johnny should have been worst boyfriend. I would also kick Celys ass for waking me like that. 

Again, Caleb, please come counsel me through life. I still don't see anything but friendship with him and Justine. 

I'd like to know how Laurel was voted worst girlfriend? I would have voted Moira or Cely. Cely is so damn loud and annoying. She's always ON. Moira doesn't know how she feels at all. 

Moira is who I would have voted for two faced. Hello, what about her secretly going after Bennett? Or telling arm chugger that Aaron was hers but then being all I really wanted Calvin. 

Ocean's voice is annoying. 

If Creek used the word literally one more time, I was going to reach through my TV and strangle her. Pretty sure she never used it correctly either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Court said:

I still don't see anything but friendship with him and Justine.

Agreed. But, in that one moment's shot from the getaway they show her take off the red cover ups to reveal a full white lingerie set under it that had garters and clipped on stockings, the full deal. And in that moment I said 'Well, I guess I could rethink if there is any passion between the two!"

Interestingly, now that Cely and Johnny are 'Dropping L-Bombs' I actually believe THEM less as a couple just trying like hell to get that money. I mean... I think I believe freakin' Moira and Calvin more as a couple than anyone right now!

And yes as I've said I'd be one of those people that would tell Cely to dial it down a few thousand notches. You're not cute waking up everyone banging pots together. You're not funny, you're just annoying and loud. And it gets OLD quick! Even Johnny had a moment of realness on that subject when he said a bowling alley is a small indoor space for Cely to be as loud as she is. He quickly added a 'just joking' bit to it, but you could see the momentary flash of terror in his eyes as he contemplated his future.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't understand the stronghold Justine has on all social media but I hope that some of that was actually about Caleb because he seems so cool.

Just a guess but people really felt for Justine when she stepped forward for Jeremiah and then he went no thanks and walked over to Cely.   Popularity has grown since then and it Doesn't hurt that pretty much every contestant that has left has only had good things to say about her.  And I think her being an African immigrant who went through a lot (war refugee) but still really positive has also helped.   

Are Justine & Caleb real?   Probably not but at least they don't make me want to throw things at my TeeVee and and I hope they win the money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I think it’s possible that Julia said something at the expulsion ceremony but TPTB continued their ongoing effort to make us forget she was there.

Frankly, Carrington was more annoying than usual.  The whole facial drama while he was spending 2 hours explaining why he was picking Laurel was really too much.  It isn’t Sophie’s Choice.  I will always wonder if his parents named him because they watched too much Dynasty back in the 80s.

Lololol. I love you for saying this. I have the exact same thought every single episode— every time I see somebody say his name. I think... what were his parents thinking? Dynasty? 😂

• Love 1
11 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Maybe I'm being influenced by all the background stuff I've been reading, but now that we are coming down to the wire it seems that our top couples are long on campaigning and short on sincerity. Their speeches seem contrived, obvious and designed to win the $$$.

I so totally agree with this post, I could have written it myself!!  😁

This episode was a total bore (yawn).  The nicest part was seeing Calvin be so comforting to Moira.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Did the US version do the Love Island prom last season?  In the UK, the final 4 couples get all dressed up and profess their "love" to one another.  

I don't know if it was referred to as a prom, but the last episode the final 4 couples were dressed up.  All the girls wore gowns and looked great.  They each made declarations of their love, then it was revealed who were the 3rd, 2nd, 1st runners-up and the winners.

Edited by DoYouLikeMutton
typo
  • Useful 1

Cely always has to have all the attention.  She is loud in the morning.  She laughs at everything SHE says.  I also notice whenever they are dancing Cely is right in the middle doing her dance move that she does all the time.  I didn't mind her at first.  I even felt sorry for her when Johnny strayed at CA.  But right now I just find her annoying.

Yes, I loved the look on Johnny's face when it was announced that Caleb & Justine had won the public vote to go to the Hideaway.  Johnny was doing that limp clap that was more insulting than congratulatory.  Johnny and Cely have been all about the money.  Proclaiming they are the power couple.  Now Caleb is getting voted best in everything.  Caleb and Justine get the big vote from the public.  It is dawning on Johnny that he might not be getting the money and he put up with Cely's laugh for nothing.  

I do wonder if the other girls are now wondering what Moira is saying about them when she talks to the public.  She was voted 2-faced.  They were all surprised.  But they know the public sees all.  They have to be wondering if she is talking bad about them when she does her private talking heads.  We know that is not why she got that vote.  But they don't.  I think Moira is more fickle than 2-faced.  But her jumping from guy to guy and saying one thing and doing another has hurt her. 

• Love 9

I can't believe Justine wore the wig to bed at the Hideaway. When they did the closeup of them kissing before they pulled the covers all the way up, you could see it was starting to slip backwards off her head. IDK, maybe going from long hair to wig cap in the middle of sex is one of her moves. I think she has three: a long straight full wig, a long curly full wig, and then a long straight hairpiece that she attaches as a ponytail. I don't know what her real hair is like -- we only saw it briefly one time when she was combing it up in a short ponytail  -- but it could not possibly be worse than that long, straight, very unflattering wig that she seems to favor. She's pretty when she wears the curly one or pulls her hair back in the front, but the '60s go-go girl look is not working for her.

Speaking of the Hideaway, how did I not notice before how hideous it is? A giant red lips headboard? *shudder*

Moira's not two-faced; she's wishy-washy. Also, I think she was understandably spooked by creepy-ass James early on and never really recovered. Based on the other votes, I'd say America loves Caleb, so he and Justine are probably winning the whole thing, which is fine. Cely/Johnny and Laurel/Carrington have had too much drama followed by convenient forgiveness and Lakeyn/Bennett are too new and/or not a real couple. I actually find Moira/Calvin a little more genuine right now than Justine/Caleb, but I think it's because they're not trying to win; they seem to know they're out of it, so they just want to stay until the end and mess around and have fun. They're a summer romance that ends in September.

13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Pictures for @fishcakes

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

I had to replay that segment three or four times and I laughed like a lunatic every single time. No kidding, but that was the happiest I've felt since February.

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I do wonder if the other girls are now wondering what Moira is saying about them when she talks to the public.  She was voted 2-faced.  They were all surprised.  But they know the public sees all.  They have to be wondering if she is talking bad about them when she does her private talking heads.  We know that is not why she got that vote.  But they don't.  I think Moira is more fickle than 2-faced.  But her jumping from guy to guy and saying one thing and doing another has hurt her. 

"Two-faced" is a rather strong word, with very mean connotations.  No wonder Moira was so upset.  Couldn't the producers have found a kinder question to ask the public?   I think the producers really dropped the ball the season, between the disgusting competitions and mean-spirited questions that prove nothing and are only very hurtful and very embarrassing to a young person.  

All the rankings are mean, I agree. But it's just a bit much when everyone was feeling bad for Moira and she was feeling bad for herself over getting one bad adjective when Carrington got ALL of the bad ones. He didn't deserve being called "fake" as well. In fact, he is too honest and tactless.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
22 minutes ago, waving feather said:

All the rankings are mean, I agree. But it's just a bit much when everyone was feeling bad for Moira and she was feeling bad for herself over getting one bad adjective when Carrington got ALL of the bad ones. He didn't deserve being called "fake" as well. In fact, he is too honest and tactless.

totally agree.  I like how he took it all in stride.  That may be because he is not that deep, but it was a good look on him.

• Love 4

Johnny & Cely have already been to the hideaway, not sure why they thought they would be picked. Caleb & Justine are the strongest couple.

Recent girls trip to a rented cottage and we started binging Love Island UK season 5. I watched season 6 at the beginning of the pandemic but at the time Hulu only had that season (they now have 1-6).  It wasn't a good idea, mainly because it's 10x better than the US version.  I get that Covid has influenced the shortened season but at the root of it is terrible casting.  I've all but given up on finishing this season and will satisfy my curiosity by reading your comments. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, snarts said:

Recent girls trip to a rented cottage and we started binging Love Island UK season 5. I watched season 6 at the beginning of the pandemic but at the time Hulu only had that season (they now have 1-6).  It wasn't a good idea, mainly because it's 10x better than the US version.

I feel the same way after I binged Australian Big Brother before this year's delayed season. It's sad how much better some of the non-US shows are! This one though did originate in the UK so I'm not surprised but I've heard from anyone watching that one and this one that we get a very watered-down version. And yes the casting of this season has been really sub-par.

Not subpar? The 'announcer' was on fire last night, with all his names for Carrington and saying that Lake was looking for tranparency, like her pants (approx). I was rolling.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I keep saying this but I like this cast vastly better than last year's.

It think that after the OG's this casting all went down hill. And then there was that we lost people that might have been interesting along the way as well esp. early on.

I expunge all info about reality shows from my brain after the winners are declared as a defense mechanism however, so I don't remember much from last season.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I keep saying this but I like this cast vastly better than last year's.  (I typed out castly vast at first by mistake).  Their IQs are way higher for sure.  Hard to believe, I know.

I think the frustrating part was this season feels like lost potential whereas last season just had awful people. Other than Mackenzie, this cast was better than last year it just doesn’t seem like anyone wanted to date. I don’t know why CBS has years of data on what works for the UK, Australia, and elsewhere yet still screws it up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

But why are Johnny’s shorts so damn tight?? They are like spandex on his thighs. All of them, including his khaki shorts and his swimsuits. It looks so rediculous. Cely is the most annoying person alive. I would have duct-taped her mouth shut and tied her hands behind her back on day one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Yeah, it’s a head scratcher. Best I can offer is maybe there’s more to the story than just being a party girl. Carrington genuinely seemed turned off around Kierstan, and according to Lauren the two were fighting a lot before the breakup. I’m guessing, “I don’t want a party girl” became an easy excuse for both of them to use to quickly explain why it didn’t work.