Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S02: Week 5: September 20, 2020-September 26, 2020

Recommended Posts

The money was the first reason that came into my mind that was behind "making it official" at this point. Also the producers want their "power couple" back. I have the fast forward on the ready for tommorrow. I don't need to see this dog and pony show...

Also... I'm with Stan, that was a really fluffy hour. Even for this fluffy show.

These "So... I went on a date with your bedmate and it went awesome!!!" are always sooo awkward. What's the point? She knows you were on a date with her guy, do these chats help?? I think tonight was so boring in part because you could see producer's hands all over a lot of the convo/activity etc.

Speaking of the dates it must be fun sitting 20 feet from where another girl had a date with the guy you are/were on a date with. Neat.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh God, In the beginning of the episode it sounded like Johnny was going to propose. 

I have no idea if any of this is true
https://screenrant.com/love-island-usa-johnny-fiancee-exposed-lies-drama/

I will NEVER understand the appeal of Carrington. 

I kinda wish that this show would do a second chance sort of thing. Bring back one of the first people to get voted off and see what if anything happens.

It should all be about Justine and Caleb at this point not Cely and Johnny.

I’m down for a Laurel and Calvin recouping.

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I laughed as hard at the strip show as i did at Connor walking down the stairs with Mr. Teddy. Hysterically falling off the couch. I think Carrington was the hottest male stripper, despite the widdle baby numnum outfit. Kierstan was the hottest girl (including the new chicks), though Justine's bodice-ripping conclusion was pretty yowza as well. The worst: wow, Bennett and Lauren were just awful. I can only assume they told Moira she couldn't do more than walk around as a liability issue.

Speaking of whom, Moira can gtfo as soon as possible. I actually liked her the most at the very beginning  but the more I see of her vacillate between stupidity and selfishness, I just can't take it. Let one of the newbies take her place - I'd prefer the dark-haired one (rock on, fantasy-girl!) but it seems more likely to be the dyed blonde.

Could anyone care less about this bullshit "will you be my girlfriend" dinner theater? Sorry, but the guys, especially Calvin, simply do not look into it. (Don't even get me started about "promposals" and gender reveals. Christ, we Americans are so effing spoiled and self-important. For a hot second I thought a pandemic would change things and get people to buckle down a little, but I was a fool.)

Are we getting any new guys or is this the road to the finale? Carrington is cute when he actually smiles but such a douche, Caleb is the best guy but a healthy relationship is not interesting to watch, and I can't even look at Bennett with that playdoh stencil chest tattoo and dried-currant mole above his lip.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jeez that was a bore.  Aren’t we supposed to care MORE as we get close to the exciting and unpredictable ending??

I was surprised that the producers showed Calvin figure out that Moira got affectionate so she could survive the next recoupling.  If we didn’t know that they are all there to find love you might think they just want to stay on TV.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why CBS is so intent on having Johnny & Cely win but when there is a nice couple in Justine & Caleb but they are getting a crappy edit like their hideaway date was never shown.   

The Love Island twitter account even ran a poll last night on the "proposal" and over 65% answered "we haven't forgotten" so I'm hoping enough of the people that actually reach for their phone and vote will indeed haven't forgotten and Johnny doesn't sniff the cash but its not looking good for that to happen.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Jeez that was a bore.  Aren’t we supposed to care MORE as we get close to the exciting and unpredictable ending??

I was surprised that the producers showed Calvin figure out that Moira got affectionate so she could survive the next recoupling.  If we didn’t know that they are all there to find love you might think they just want to stay on TV.

 

I'm thinking except for crazy Mackenzie these are just terminally boring people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I don't know why CBS is so intent on having Johnny & Cely win but when there is a nice couple in Justine & Caleb but they are getting a crappy edit like their hideaway date was never shown.   

The Love Island twitter account even ran a poll last night on the "proposal" and over 65% answered "we haven't forgotten" so I'm hoping enough of the people that actually reach for their phone and vote will indeed haven't forgotten and Johnny doesn't sniff the cash but its not looking good for that to happen.

It’s a tight race. As of closing, 55% have forgiven Johnny. But be sure to go to the Love Island app later today, people! Between 10 am and 10 pm PT, there will be a 30-question “Poll-Appalooza,” so now’s your chance to tell the show Moira’s a dud and Jaleb is the true power couple.

Share this post


Link to post

All I kept thinking at one point is can Johnny's shorts be any shorter? They made him look like a little teapot short and stout.

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

It should all be about Justine and Caleb at this point not Cely and Johnny.

Justine and Caleb have become boring.   I don't need more screen time of them sitting around all drama free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I don't know why CBS is so intent on having Johnny & Cely win but when there is a nice couple in Justine & Caleb but they are getting a crappy edit like their hideaway date was never shown.   

The Love Island twitter account even ran a poll last night on the "proposal" and over 65% answered "we haven't forgotten" so I'm hoping enough of the people that actually reach for their phone and vote will indeed haven't forgotten and Johnny doesn't sniff the cash but its not looking good for that to happen.

I wonder if it is because Justine and Caleb really give off a friend vibe--honestly they look like a couple that know they could win and are just trying to remain friends/look like a couple for the win.  I can't blame them--they have a great chance.  I am not saying I don't like their drama free approach if they are in love, but they don't really seem in love or on their way.

I am guessing the Johnny / Cely approach looks more like a love couple to CBS, so they are trying hard for that.  I have no idea...it is strange.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

It’s a tight race. As of closing, 55% have forgiven Johnny. But be sure to go to the Love Island app later today, people! Between 10 am and 10 pm PT, there will be a 30-question “Poll-Appalooza,” so now’s your chance to tell the show Moira’s a dud and Jaleb is the true power couple.

I probably will spend a few minutes later today voting against Johnny and Cely cause I'm petty and bored at work .  Won't matter as I think the decision for them to be the winners has already been determined.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Moira at one time.  But now I can't wait for her to leave.  When even Calvin figures out her motivations she is done.  She just told him she only wanted to be friends.  

Enter Hot Girls.

Moira is all over Calvin in bed. She is acting like she thinks he is so hot and can't keep her hands and mouth off him.  I really want Calvin to pick Laurel or one of the new girls and send Moira home.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t know about the voting (I don’t follow that part of the show) but I’m betting Justine and Caleb will get their chance next. This is usually how this goes. The couple with the longest relationship becomes bf/gf first, then the second, and sometimes the third gets there before they announce the winner. I actually think this will work to Justine and Caleb’s advantage because they’ll have their lame ceremony closer to the final vote. And I don’t think they’ve ever had a winning couple that was established as early as Johnny and Cely. But I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t know about the voting (I don’t follow that part of the show) but I’m betting Justine and Caleb will get their chance next. This is usually how this goes. The couple with the longest relationship becomes bf/gf first, then the second, and sometimes the third gets there before they announce the winner. I actually think this will work to Justine and Caleb’s advantage because they’ll have their lame ceremony closer to the final vote. And I don’t think they’ve ever had a winning couple that was established as early as Johnny and Cely. But I could be wrong. 

Last season's USA.   Elizabeth and Zac were a couple from the very beginning,  unwavering, and won.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Last season's USA.   Elizabeth and Zac were a couple from the very beginning,  unwavering, and won.

I gave up halfway through the season so didn’t know. I guess we’ll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

There is no HEAT between any of these couples. Just chaste little kisses. WTH?

They also spend so much of their time with potential new matches discussing how they feel about someone else! Shut up about it, get to know each other, flirt, kiss, c'monnnnnn! Some of them seriously did not understand this is a dating show. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so bored with this season that I decided to Google what's happening with last season's couples.

Elizabeth and Zac (winners of season one): Broke up, December 2019
Alex and Dylan (runners up of season one): Broke up, November 2019
Caro and Ray: Broke up, June 2020
Emily and Weston: Broke up, November 2019. Got back together. Broke up, January 2019. Got back together. Broke up for good, May 2020.
Kyra and Cashel: Broke up numerous times after mutual accusations of cheating, finally ending it for good in December 2019

In light of this information, I'm not going to get too excited about any elaborate "Will You Go Steady With Me?" productions, no matter how many towels anyone rolls up to form into the shape of a heart. Also why was Johnny crouching down behind the kitchen counter like a mole man? If you want to hide, just go stand behind a wall! Like a person!

Moira putting the moves on Calvin. LOL. I'm telling you guys: Bubble. Boy. She has no idea how to interact with the other humans.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

32 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

There is no HEAT between any of these couples. Just chaste little kisses. WTH?

None.  Zero.  Zilch.  No heat.  No desire.  No lust.  The only passion I've seen is between Carrington and, er, Carrington.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

There wasn't even any heat when Johnny literally picked Cely up and started humping her. Like I see no sexual chemistry between them whatsoever. Same with Caleb and Justine. It's obvious they really like and respect each other but more like besties. And once again, the girl has to beg the guy to show more physical affection.

Carrington is so pretty (those big brown eyes) but I can't stand the way he was not looking at Laurel during their conversation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't understand the big production of Johnny asking Cely to be his girlfriend, since if she wasn't his girlfriend before why all the drama about him cheating on her?

New girl Julia reminds me of Imposters actress Inbar Lavi

 

image.thumb.png.11c295be4c1dfc145153f0038b4e7fa9.png

image.png.52455dd857466d2bc956a035bdbb6cbf.png

 

Edited by Jadzia · Reason: typo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

BSB reminded me of Christian Slater when he made this face.  LOL.

Untitled.jpg

He also reminded me of Howdy Doody when he skipped out in his cowboy costume complete with lasso!

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I laughed as hard at the strip show as i did at Connor walking down the stairs with Mr. Teddy. Hysterically falling off the couch. I think Carrington was the hottest male stripper, despite the widdle baby numnum outfit. Kierstan was the hottest girl (including the new chicks), though Justine's bodice-ripping conclusion was pretty yowza as well. The worst: wow, Bennett and Lauren were just awful. I can only assume they told Moira she couldn't do more than walk around as a liability issue.

Speaking of whom, Moira can gtfo as soon as possible. I actually liked her the most at the very beginning  but the more I see of her vacillate between stupidity and selfishness, I just can't take it. Let one of the newbies take her place - I'd prefer the dark-haired one (rock on, fantasy-girl!) but it seems more likely to be the dyed blonde.

Could anyone care less about this bullshit "will you be my girlfriend" dinner theater? Sorry, but the guys, especially Calvin, simply do not look into it. (Don't even get me started about "promposals" and gender reveals. Christ, we Americans are so effing spoiled and self-important. For a hot second I thought a pandemic would change things and get people to buckle down a little, but I was a fool.)

Are we getting any new guys or is this the road to the finale? Carrington is cute when he actually smiles but such a douche, Caleb is the best guy but a healthy relationship is not interesting to watch, and I can't even look at Bennett with that playdoh stencil chest tattoo and dried-currant mole above his lip.

I thought that mole was a piercing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Elizabeth and Zac (winners of season one): Broke up, December 2019
Alex and Dylan (runners up of season one): Broke up, November 2019
Caro and Ray: Broke up, June 2020
Emily and Weston: Broke up, November 2019. Got back together. Broke up, January 2019. Got back together. Broke up for good, May 2020.
Kyra and Cashel: Broke up numerous times after mutual accusations of cheating, finally ending it for good in December 2019

I'm SHOCKED that Caro and Emily's relationships lasted THIS long!  HOLY CRAP!  I always assume that these couples are for the show!

I can picture Kyla's social media release now:

"At the end of the day, it just didn't work out with Cash, at the end of the day.  At the end of the day, after mutual accusations of cheating at the end of the day, we decided it to end it for good at the end of the day."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"At the end of the day, it just didn't work out with Cash, at the end of the day.  At the end of the day, after mutual decisions of cheating at the end of the day, we decided it to end it for good at the end of the day."

Cely: I am LITERALLY not surprised at this news.
Kierstan: [drinks wine with her forearm]
Moira: I think I want to get to know Cashel!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Cely: I am LITERALLY not surprised at this news.
Kierstan: [drinks wine with her forearm]
Moira: I think I want to get to know Cashel!

Johnny:  I've already said what I want to say about this, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.
Carrington:  (looks in the mirror.  Flips hair.)
Caleb:  You all need to look at yourselves in the mirror but METAPHORICALLY.  Look deep within yourself, and ask, what is this REALLY all about?
BSB:  (smiles awkwardly)

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"At the end of the day, it just didn't work out with Cash, at the end of the day.  At the end of the day, after mutual decisions of cheating at the end of the day, we decided it to end it for good at the end of the day."

WHY do you haunt me with this ancient curse???

You guys....quarantine is getting to me. BSB is physically kind of hot. Still has the personality of burnt toast, though. Wtf was Moira's sudden seduction tactic? Kiss down to his nipple with no convo/buildup and then just...roll back over?

According to Twitter, Noah was pulled for failing to disclose his gay porn career to producers, but I don't get why that would matter on a show that depends on onscreen softcore porn.

Twitter calls Johnny a neckless Shrek every day, so if this girlfriend proposal stunt is a play to sway public opinion, he has no idea of the shitstorm waiting for him online. Jaleb stans will only hate him more for stealing Caleb's thunder by usurping the "making it official" fanfare away from them. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I never watched season 1 or any of the UK seasons. I really thought this mofo was about to propose.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently Johnny is a paid escort though. Is that not something he should disclose as Noah's porn career?  They're pretending he's a barber or something else, no?

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

Does anyone know when the season finale is? Just need to know so I have something to look forward to. 😋

Look forward to?  LOL.  I'm going to be devastated.  What the hell are we all going to do then?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Look forward to?  LOL.  I'm going to be devastated.  What the hell are we all going to do then?

Watch The Amazing Race!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I do find myself incredibly bored with this season. No one is really that into each other. They themselves are boring. They're never really that tempted. Snooze. I end up watching it on mute half the time and do other things. 

Share this post


Link to post

Was Kierstan cheering Laurel to make out with the guy she’s coupled up with. Lol. Just start kicking people out who have obviously stopped trying. And is that it for Julia? She came in, had one date, and now she’s just there to hang out?

Share this post


Link to post

Can Kirsten be any more over it?

I feel kind but then I don't.  She knew what this game was all about when she showed up at Casa Amor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Remember you can't spell classy without a 'C', Carrington. Or should I say I-No-Carrington. That was a little rough I think. But then of course I keep going back to CA being his utopia because "everyone is kissing everyone" and I'm not surprised at all that he acts like this. In my opinion he is taking a definite downgrade in this exchange.

Does Julia exist? Does anyone talk to her? Did we need to see the guys in bikini briefs? Oh wait that last one wasn't related.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lakeyn or however the fuck you spell it, her face is incredibly distracting. I finally figured out what it is. She looks like one of those drawings my kids do but come to life. Her eyes, nose, mouth are all a little off in size and or placement. 

Moira can leave. Let someone pick Laurel. Bye to Keirstan too. I thought she said she did want Bennett to pick her in the talk with the girls and then the opposite in her chat with him. Did I hear wrong?

I want Caleb to counsel me through life. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like that Kiersten is a friend to Laurel, and that they’re all not totally hating on Lakynn.  It’s mature. Under the circumstances.

 I see compatibility between Carrington and Lake Inn but also it’s been 1 day. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Carrington’s explanation is that he didn’t know he was going to meet someone exactly like himself. But now that he has, he’s swept himself off his feet!

I don’t know which was more romantic, Justine and Caleb squatting next to the fire pit trying to roast marshmallows over a tiny flame, or Moira and Calvin agreeing to give up and settle for each other. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Johnny and Caleb were obviously the hottest in the construction uniforms.  I may have rewound some parts over and over.

Did you notice that the producers deliberately fastforwarded through Johnny's, uh, package?  What is that about?  Was he too sexy?

Songs:

Adore you, Miley Cyrus
Wrecking Ball, Miley Cyrus

Great songs

Last one to close the show:

July, Noah Cyrus

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Court said:

Lakeyn or however the fuck you spell it, her face is incredibly distracting. I finally figured out what it is. She looks like one of those drawings my kids do but come to life. Her eyes, nose, mouth are all a little off in size and or placement. 

Carrington keeps talking about how amazing Lakeynn is but --- I DON'T. RECALL. HER. EVER SPEAKING.  Did she speak at all this episode?  He just keeps looking at that nose of hers.  (I'm sorry).  I remember she has an autistic brother, but since then she's said NOTHING on camera!

4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Was Kierstan cheering Laurel to make out with the guy she’s coupled up with. Lol. Just start kicking people out who have obviously stopped trying. And is that it for Julia? She came in, had one date, and now she’s just there to hang out?

Kierstan made a big deal that Bennett is supposedly her exact physical type, but...... obviously Bennett did something to majorly turn her off, or, as she admits herself, she's just so hung up on Carrington.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Court said:

I want Caleb to counsel me through life. 

Same.  Where are these men like him?  And he's straight?  Maybe I should have done a Master's in psychology... 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Carrington keeps talking about how amazing Lakeynn is but --- I DON'T. RECALL. HER. EVER SPEAKING.  Did she speak at all this episode?  He just keeps looking at that nose of hers.  (I'm sorry).  I remember she has an autistic brother, but since then she's said NOTHING on camera!

Did you notice that when she stole him away to start her date, and when he pulled her for a chat after the snores, both times she went "I'm bored / I was so bored". I think he feels they are alike because they are both arrogant vapid teenagers who think they are cooler than everyone else! 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I had to laugh at Cely saying her family is probably screaming now that she's Johnny's official GF.   Yep, they'll be screaming all right.   Just not the way she thinks.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, keke23 said:

Can Kirsten be any more over it?

I feel kind but then I don't.  She knew what this game was all about when she showed up at Casa Amor.

I think she’s just using this show for a mini vacation and to be on TV. I don’t even buy that she was into Carrington, I think she’s just using that as her excuse for not trying, and to be her “story” while she’s in the villa. All she seems to do is tan and have bland cursory conversations with guys. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size