Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 5: September 20, 2020-September 26, 2020

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

It amazes me how different Caleb is from his intro and first episode.  

Why in the world did Moira choose Calvin? Why does she make such weird faces? I thought she should have chosen poor man's Johnny so he could have a chance. Not that they had a romantic shot. Moira is stupid. 

Bennett seems like he's out of a 90's rom com but I don't see the hotness. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Moira is the worst 🤦‍♂️

No doubt...

BSB: So I'm reallly interested in giving us another shot... on your terms of course, you just let me know.

Moira: Oh, really?? Because I've been thinking about if I can tank yet another relationship of Kierstan's and I've pretty much made up my mind that I want my eggs Bennett tomorrow, if not sooner.

Me: *shakes my head* Seriously Moira? Seriously?

I think the less said about the stripteases the better... I was like Justine said she felt, watching through my hands. *shocked*

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2020 at 7:42 PM, Stan39 said:

Let’s all just take a moment to appreciate our first full week without Mackenzie 😊

Maybe next week. Heh

I can't help it. I  love cheesy strip teases, but all that baby oil was too much lil Johnny.

• LOL 4
37 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

What happened I missed it?  Was Connor kicked to the curb to chase his true love Mack?

After Connor told Moira he just wanted to be friends, Moira took complete offense, LOL, and went back to BSB and also hit on Bennett.

She DUMPED Connor unceremoniously, because according to her, in every conversation with Connor, Connor said that he wasn't over Mack.

It's hard to explain, but I don't like how she went about it.  Didn't Connor rescue Moira and keep her on the show as a friend when she didn't have options?  And then when Connor wasn't willing to put out/forget Mackenzie and go for Moira, Moira dumped his ass.  Isn't that kind of bad?  I feel like if the genders were reversed my point would be more clear.

Connor took it in stride and said something like "Sir Gus, I'm coming home!"  

Connor called Mack on the phone and asked Mack for another chance.  Mack said both Gus and her say yes.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

I may never get over the contact embarrassment of watching those stripteases, but I would like to thank whichever PA dressed Carrington in that little collar and suspenders because for the next two days I will randomly remember how stupid he looked and burst out laughing.

Moira is so bad at flirting. It has to be an act.

Please let this be the last we hear of Connor and Mackenzie until the inevitable 48 Hours Mystery episode.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The term "Famous" is being used very loosely here! 😆

She must be “internet famous”. As a relatively old person watching a show like this, I have come to understand that there is an entire universe of people that I’ve never heard of who are well-known online because of their large social media followings. This is separate from real world celebs who also have a lot of followers. These people only exist as celebs online.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I may never get over the contact embarrassment of watching those stripteases, but I would like to thank whichever PA dressed Carrington in that little collar and suspenders because for the next two days I will randomly remember how stupid he looked and burst out laughing.

I thought Carrington picked an outfit from the girls side of the closet.  He looked ridiculous.  😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

After Connor told Moira he just wanted to be friends, Moira took complete offense, LOL, and went back to BSB and also hit on Bennett.

She DUMPED Connor unceremoniously, because according to her, in every conversation with Connor, Connor said that he wasn't over Mack.

It's hard to explain, but I don't like how she went about it.  Didn't Connor rescue Moira and keep her on the show as a friend when she didn't have options?  And then when Connor wasn't willing to put out/forget Mackenzie and go for Moira, Moira dumped his ass.  Isn't that kind of bad?  I feel like if the genders were reversed my point would be more clear.

Connor took it in stride and said something like "Sir Gus, I'm coming home!"  

Connor called Mack on the phone and asked Mack for another chance.  Mack said both Gus and her say yes.

I thought it was so contrived.  Probably the rest of the Moira conversation was how he wanted to get dumped from the villa and go back with Mackenzie.  It looked like a mercy dumping to me and planned ahead by Moira and him.  Connor never looked happier and more relieved.  I think he was bummed when the text came in telling him he still had 30 minutes . . .  tick tock . . . .  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I thought it was so contrived.  Probably the rest of the Moira conversation was how he wanted to get dumped from the villa and go back with Mackenzie.  It looked like a mercy dumping to me and planned ahead by Moira and him.  Connor never looked happier and more relieved.  I think he was bummed when the text came in telling him he still had 30 minutes . . .  tick tock . . . .  

The thing with Connor and McKenzie.   She seemed  to really like the guy .   He seems respectful and considerate. But then made that remark about passionate kissing so it seems like it was just a matter of an inexperience on his part.  If that was The only problem,   She can definitely be the teacher and help him with that situation.

BSB talks to women like a lawyer presenting his case. Not exactly romantic. And he may actually be a robot, because he did the weird awkward cry thing again when Connor was dumped. Like he’s pretending to have emotions based on movies he’s watched. 

That being said, at some point I wish somebody would call out Moira for being so flippant and not giving any of these guys a real chance. I’m not even sure what her type is, because she’s all over the place in terms of the guys she likes. In past seasons guys have gotten called out for constantly moving from one girl to the next, so it would be nice to call her out for similar behavior. And I’m still not sure why she doesn’t even bother talking to Kierstan about Bennett before taking action. She keeps bringing up that she’s going to stop thinking about other people and focus on what’s best for her, but it seems like she’s always just doing whatever the hell she wants. 

My actual thoughts during each woman’s speech at the recoupling tonight (Justine went last night), “Which guy is she talking about?” Seriously, the words the women used to describe who they were choosing didn’t align with any of the characteristics of the guys. It’s like all the angst and anxiety from the last 48 hours didn’t happen and everything was fine again. 

• Love 9

Conner must have really wanted to leave.  He looked happy to be going.  Moira was silly to change from Conner to BSB unless she really wants to leave too.  She has to know that new females will be coming into the villa before anymore guys.  BSB is likely to be the first to test drive the new "girls".  Conner probably would not have bothered.  Moira just might be left out and sent home when they do the next recoupling.  I felt sorry for Moira when she was with James.  But now I think she just flits from one guy to the next depending who flattered her last.  She must watch romance movies and expect her life to be like one.  She wants fireworks and butterflies constantly from every guy that talks to her.  I would be a bit tired of Moira if I was Kiersten.  Moira likes to take guys from Kiersten.  I don't know if she is trying to prove she can or she just can't make up her mind.  

I have given up on Conner.  Everyone tried to save him from Mackenzie.  But you can't save someone from drowning if they keep diving back in the deep end.  Mackenzie will eat him alive.  I hope he at least has fun before it ends.  I could hear his friends and family groaning when he called her.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Moira and BSB are the same because they will do a test drive with anyone, but without sincerity or real effort. I feel like I have seen both of them have many similar conversations with multiple people. Moira gushing about how cool a guy is for a bare minimum trait, and BSB doing his signature smile that he thinks is charming. I have concluded both of them are just not great people.

In terms of the stripper challenge, the best ever for me are Siannesse from season 6 of Love Island UK and Elizabeth from season 1 of Love Island USA. Siannesse just knows how to move/dance and Elizabeth is for the surprise factor and she did the teasing part well.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 8

I think next season they need to focus more on a pretty/handsome face than a hot body. All of these people have amazing bodies but so many are not really attractive. This is completely shallow but really what else is this show about?

Also - is anyone counting how many bathing suits we have seen from the women? They are endless. Did they bring like 25 each? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I have given up on Conner.  Everyone tried to save him from Mackenzie.  But you can't save someone from drowning if they keep diving back in the deep end.  Mackenzie will eat him alive.  I hope he at least has fun before it ends.  I could hear his friends and family groaning when he called her.  

The sad thing is we all know or have known couples like this. They think “success” means staying together no matter what and don’t realize how much harm a bad relationship can do for them. They’ll “prove us all wrong” by getting back together, but that’s not the same thing as a healthy relationship. Even though we all do dumb stuff in our twenties, I think both Connor and Mackenzie have deep underlying issues they need to work on before really dating anyone. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think next season they need to focus more on a pretty/handsome face than a hot body. All of these people have amazing bodies but so many are not really attractive. This is completely shallow but really what else is this show about?

Also - is anyone counting how many bathing suits we have seen from the women? They are endless. Did they bring like 25 each? 

Lol. I don’t know why, but last night I was also wondering how many clothes these people brought. Actually, shoes. Faith said she was allowed one big suitcase and one small suitcase. I don’t know how they’d be able to fit so many shoes in their. Guys shoes are big and take up a ton of space (I used to travel a lot for work) and women’s shoes can get bulky with heels and everything. Plus, men’s pants are actually kind of bulky even folded and compressed. 

I guess I’m in the minority about how hot these people are. Can’t speak for the guys except they’re all in great shape, Kierstan is the only woman in there with a great body imo. And some of that is surgical enhancement. 

10 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Moira is so bad at flirting. It has to be an act.

Please let this be the last we hear of Connor and Mackenzie until the inevitable 48 Hours Mystery episode.

I appreciate that Carrington has a sense of humor about himself and went with the stupidity! I find myself liking him more than the others.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Kierstan is the only woman in there with a great body imo.

This partly goes back to how many swimsuits they have too, but her in that shot in the 'makeup room' with just that black one-piece damn near knocked the remote out of my hand... yowsa.

However I think that all the non-OG's to this point have not been very good looking, esp. the mixed bag that was the CA peeps. I was thinking that the angel/devil girls were attractive but then the more I saw of them I went back on that assessment and I don't think they're that attractive either.

Oh, and at this point Connor should know better but I hope maybe he goes into it this time around and has found his voice with her and won't just live as Mack's doormat.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Oh my god you have NAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILED it.

25 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I appreciate that Carrington has a sense of humor about himself and went with the stupidity! I find myself liking him more than the others.

I actually loved the outfit.  LOL.  I agree, he made the most of it and he was hot.  He IS hot so it's not surprising.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I guess I’m in the minority about how hot these people are. Can’t speak for the guys except they’re all in great shape, Kierstan is the only woman in there with a great body imo. And some of that is surgical enhancement. 

Oh my goodness.  All of these women are in their 20s and they all have fantastic bodies.  In my opinion.  My personal favourite is maybe Justine's then maybe Moira's, but I would commit murder to look like any of them.

I think that Carrington, Johnny, and Caleb are all handsome in different ways.  Bennett is handsome too but something about him is kind of sleazy looking.

For me Connor was beautiful but also he seemed so shy and his voice was so low.  Something about the whole package really sung for me.  He "seems" really thoughtful but who knows if that's true or not.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

This partly goes back to how many swimsuits they have too, but her in that shot in the 'makeup room' with just that black one-piece damn near knocked the remote out of my hand... yowsa.

However I think that all the non-OG's to this point have not been very good looking, esp. the mixed bag that was the CA peeps. I was thinking that the angel/devil girls were attractive but then the more I saw of them I went back on that assessment and I don't think they're that attractive either.

Oh, and at this point Connor should know better but I hope maybe he goes into it this time around and has found his voice with her and won't just live as Mack's doormat.

Agree on the new girls. It seemed like certain angles were good and others not so much. The one from Miami mostly looked good though. 

Doubtful about Connor. He didn’t seem to make any suggestion that he’ll change anything. And Mackenzie’s Instagram is updated with a picture of the two of them and the declaration that viewers didn’t see their whole relationship on TV without any contrition or humility, so I’m doubtful either of them will do anything different. They probably just think their problems are due to people meddling in things. 

17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Seriously! Wtf?!?! Did everyone get amnesia after Justine picked Caleb? Because that was the last thing that made sense. I was so confused at the recoupling because none of the statements and expressions matched with any of these people and what has been happening. And Connor and Mackenzie?!?! And them cheering him on???

Seriously! I mean, I understand that if you make up with someone and agree to let a mistake go and move on, then great, you have to move on and leave it in the past. But Cely in particular went from on the verge of dumping Johnny forever to suddenly acting like they’re America’s Sweethearts and have always had the most solid relationship. I mean maybe some producers reminded her there’s money on the line, so even if you dump Johnny on day 1 in the real world you better at least make it look like Tru Luv 4eva.

And maybe suddenly everyone got just as sick of Connor moping about Mackenzie. You two want to torture each other with your dysfunctional relationship? Good riddance!

Laurel forgot she was interested in moving on with Calvin and that Carrington hasn’t made an effort on getting to know anything about her. Suddenly Carrington is this amazing partner? Sure.

Moira has to pretend she still likes Calvin because she had no one better to choose. She may have picked...what was his name—Noah? Because they had one conversation that made her fall head over heels, but he mysteriously disappeared. Now she’s delusional that she’s going to “steal” Bennet from Kiersten. Yeah, good luck with that! Hopefully Bennet won’t get lured away from Kiersten by the angel or devil; Calvin will likely end up with the other new girl. I hope Kiersten makes it, but there’s no way Moira is lasting another week with a “friend” pick with new-and-improved girls for the friends to choose from.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I know it was mention previously but I want to add that it almost seems like Moira loses the control of her face when talking to someone, her eyes especially. I've never seen anything like it.

I think it's her brain trying to connect with her mouth. She is really not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Moira is very pretty but she is not interesting in the slightest. I feel like I have more of a sense of Laurel's personality in a week than I do of Moira's in a month and that says something. This pattern of being interested in other islanders, in the scheme of the game I don't really care, there's no dibs. But it's telling to me that she keeps doing this. It's like a cat I used to have who would bring mice into the house then "play" with them until he killed them and once they were dead acted like, now what? But my cat had lots of personality, to be fair. 

She sees these guys interacting with others and sees their personalities and she's interested, then she gets them and then doesn't know what to do with them. There's just not much to her.  Her bio says she likes to draw and artistic things, I have seen no sign of that.  Girl, ya boring. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I feel like the producers trapped the guys when they brought in the two new girls. Last year it was revealed who got who’s heart rate going and bringing in two new girls while the guys were already hot and bothered...yeah...

Oh Connor. I guess he just needs to see the train wreck of his and Mackenzie’s relationship in the real world.

It’s bad that I want to see one of the new girls turn Johnny’s head just to show Cely his true colors.

Poor Laurel. We’ve all seen what happens when Carrington is introduced to new girls.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TroopinFairy said:

I feel like the producers trapped the guys when they brought in the two new girls. Last year it was revealed who got who’s heart rate going and bringing in two new girls while the guys were already hot and bothered...yeah...

Oh Connor. I guess he just needs to see the train wreck of his and Mackenzie’s relationship in the real world.

It’s bad that I want to see one of the new girls turn Johnny’s head just to show Cely his true colors.

Poor Laurel. We’ve all seen what happens when Carrington is introduced to new girls.

It’s interesting that the guys have been monitoring their own HR on this, in the past I’m not sure they got the readout. I’m ok with it, though. I just assume the producers are going to lie about the “results” and just say whatever they think will be most shocking. 

Moira is unlike any woman ever on this show. Usually women struggle who only want a specific type (last season one girl literally was waiting for John Mayer to come in AND choose her), then they mope and pout at how “unfair” life is to them when they don’t get what they want while also trashing all the guys that try to get to know them. Moira is the opposite. She has no type, she’s not looking for anything in particular, and she’s open to getting to know new people she just doesn’t understand that initial “spark” doesn’t really mean much in the grand scheme and there’s more to a relationship than mutual admiration for puppies and cuddling. Still shocked her last relationship was eight years long or something 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Cely in particular went from on the verge of dumping Johnny forever to suddenly acting like they’re America’s Sweethearts and have always had the most solid relationship. I mean maybe some producers reminded her there’s money on the line, so even if you dump Johnny on day 1 in the real world you better at least make it look like Tru Luv 4eva.

I swear I was waiting for her just to come out and say "I'm giving you another chance... at getting me the money we deserve."

2 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

Poor Laurel. We’ve all seen what happens when Carrington is introduced to new girls

As he said about CA, "Everyone is kissing everyone here, can I stay?" He clearly values that so yes I see turbulent seas ahead for their relationship.

36 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Moira is the opposite. She has no type, she’s not looking for anything in particular, and she’s open to getting to know new people she just doesn’t understand that initial “spark” doesn’t really mean much in the grand scheme and there’s more to a relationship than mutual admiration for puppies and cuddling. Still shocked her last relationship was eight years long or something 

The only thing I can think of is that he was born on Leap Day and they only get together for dinner and a movie on February 29th, every four years...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
55 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

The only thing I can think of is that he was born on Leap Day and they only get together for dinner and a movie on February 29th, every four years...

You know you are probably right!

The thing that is really odd about Moira is that to listen to her each one of the guys has been “her type.”  I think that her type consists of a guy who likes her smile and is willing to say that they want to have a conversation.  Last night she had a whole conversation with Bennet about how she wanted to have q conversation with him.  And then they didn’t.  Now she thinks they are perfect for each other.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I just listened to Lauren’s interview on YouTube (well, half, the two hosts are really annoying). Apparently she helped Connor practice that first speech to Mackenzie. She said they were a mess, all they did was fight, and when she asked Connor what he liked about Mackenzie he couldn’t come up with anything. Mackenzie would walk in and drape herself over Connor whenever they were talking, and she just wanted to scream at her, “I’m not interested in this baby man!” Lol. She just felt sorry for them. 

Kierstan and Carrington fought all the time before we finally saw them breakup. She and Kierstan were best friends, and they had a similar conversation about switching partners for recoupling as Tre and Carrington did, so all four were good to go. 

Johnny approached her and Lauren cut him off because he was with Cely. 

Oh, and she said Calvin was really cool and funny. 

Edited by Stan39
Fix
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

The guys were talking about how high their heart rates were before they saw the women dance but after they watched each other dance. It's no Bro Stack, but I'll allow it. And it makes sense to me because the guys were all pretty decent pole dancers, but the women were, uh, not. Kierstan was good and Justine was surprisingly only just okay considering she's a go-go dancer, but the rest were awful, especially poor Laurel.

I can't remember but which guy was the plumber? How is a plumber sexy? He was carrying a plunger for god's sake. Yes, bring the the thing that's been in a bunch of people's clogged toilets, it gets me hot. WTF.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I wonder if that strip tease was the payback the announcers said was coming for the carwash? The guys were all greased up and half naked while the women were in pretty modest outfits. 

LOL no way it's faaaaaaaaar from even.  That announcer lied.  I love him, but he lied.

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I can't remember but which guy was the plumber? How is a plumber sexy? He was carrying a plunger for god's sake. Yes, bring the the thing that's been in a bunch of people's clogged toilets, it gets me hot. WTF.

Your description was so damn funny.  It was Bennett.  I'm watching the new episode now.

I totally agree with you, and I'm no porn aficionado, but maybe that's how a lot of porns start?  Porn parodies are always a pizza guy right?  LOL.  I don't know.  That's different, I know.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

I'm no doubt totally out of it, but who is this famous person that Bennett lived with for two years? It rang no bell at all. 

I have no idea. Based on the name I assumed she was a porn star 🤷‍♂️ I guess she’s an influencer or something 

I honestly thought that after the heart rate challenge Laurel was going to start telling the girls how important a raised heart rate is for a relationship and she doesn’t really get a raised heart rate from Carrington and she’ll pursue Calvin. 

9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

You don't think Moira or Justine have a great body??? 

11 hours ago, waving feather said:

In terms of the stripper challenge, the best ever for me are Siannesse from season 6 of Love Island UK and Elizabeth from season 1 of Love Island USA. Siannesse just knows how to move/dance and Elizabeth is for the surprise factor and she did the teasing part well.

Elizabeth's striptease, YESsssssss!! 

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

You don't think Moira or Justine have a great body??? 

For me, personally, I don’t see it but I also realize it’s all relative. I live in Austin. Kierstan lives in Austin. It’s very active, outdoorsy, and hottttttt here so women look a lot more like Kierstan. It’s also super trendy here so a lot of young twenty somethings are moving here and a lot of Californians. 

Well that was an hour of my life I’ll never get back. I don’t know what would have made it more interesting, but having the two new girls both pursue Carrington wasn’t it. 

This show really doesn’t understand its audience. We didn’t want some tearful reunion of Connor running back to Mackenzie and we don’t want some drawn out moment of Johnny asking Cely to be his girlfriend. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Well that was an hour of my life I’ll never get back. I don’t know what would have made it more interesting, but having the two new girls both pursue Carrington wasn’t it. 

This show really doesn’t understand its audience. We didn’t want some tearful reunion of Connor running back to Mackenzie and we don’t want some drawn out moment of Johnny asking Cely to be his girlfriend. 

You are so right!! 

Am  I the only one who can't understand Carrington when he talks?  He mumbles and is a "low-talker."   And why in the world would the new girls BOTH pick Carrington, only to get stuck on a double-date?

• Love 2

I feel like Johnny is doing this big production with Cely just to win the money.  He has to know the fans were not happy with him when they sent that message about his actions at CA.  Now he thinks if he does this he will get the big redemption and they will be the power couple again.  Sorry but we all know that Justine and Caleb are winning.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I feel like Johnny is doing this big production with Cely just to win the money.  He has to know the fans were not happy with him when they sent that message about his actions at CA.  Now he thinks if he does this he will get the big redemption and they will be the power couple again.  Sorry but we all know that Justine and Caleb are winning.

It’s producer driven. Every time a guy asks a girl to be his girlfriend they go through this weird scavenger hunt that’s not a scavenger hunt. I’m not sure why, other than maybe so everyone in the villa can participate 

• Love 2