Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Serving up Betrayals

• Start Topic

Ashley confronts Michael about the blog rumors; Gizelle gathers the ladies together for a wine tasting to celebrate her literary award, but the celebration is quickly halted when tension escalates to an alarming level.

Airs September 20, 2020.

Ugh Ashly if you have an agreement with this man that is cool but be honest about it because what you are doing is just making yourself look STUPID.. you are the only one doing this to yourself. He “fell asleep” the man is cheating on you and you are looking stupid saying these things ugh I can’t

edit so they did have an agreement they fucked around with other people together.... fine own that that was your relationship and it was cool...don’t pretend what he is doing is shocking to you and he would never do something like that when you knew it wasn’t true when these other ladies brought this to your attention thinking you didn’t know and you tried to make them the bad guy  ...that makes you look stupid Ashly 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'm okay with Gizelle's actual outfit at this furniture store. But her glasses look like she's about to walk into the lab and try to find the cure to COVID.

I wish she would.

Does anyone know what furniture store that is?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'm okay with Gizelle's actual outfit at this furniture store. But her glasses look like she's about to walk into the lab and try to find the cure to COVID.

I like em they have a throwback 70s Charlie’s Angels kinda vibe going 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Whoever said "MONIQUE LET HER GOOOOOO." so dramatically at the end (Robyn, I think) wins the episode for me. 

Same! I nearly fell off my couch laughing because it was so dramatic. The other people in the winery looking like “what kind of fuckery is this?” would have been me.

Ashley...whatever you need to say to yourself to help you sleep next to this man every night, girl. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I just don't think Gizelle or Robyn should be part of a conversation about cheating, marriage or fashion.

You win the night. 

It's obvious there was more going on with Monique (obviously, as we saw last week) and it escalated to this situation with Candiace that did not need to get to where it did. And it's unfortunate because I like her. But maybe stepping back from the show and dealing with her shit is best. Candiace is still annoying though but I've accepted that's just who she is. 

No comment about Ashley and Michael because what is even the point anymore. 

Shade of the night goes to Karen saying Gizelle's hosting skills suck and she could have just skyped her if all she wanted to do was talk about her literary award, because it would have saved her the gas. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 15

I could live without Candiace singing.  Coffee and Love was more than enough singing from this franchise.

That was so kind of Michael to wait until Ashley was back from Newburgh to tell her he was cheating, so that Ashley could avoid the gossip of the other women.  I have an idea as to how Ashley could avoid gossip about Michael—if he stopped fucking around.  What a class act.  Also, Michael’s body is so scary.  The fat on his back was congealing to make it look like his penis was on backwards.  The hell?  How do I unsee that?  Who would sleep with him?  He’s not that rich.  

I don’t get it.  Ashley is trying to do damage control on the one hand by saying they’ve been with other people, yet she is going to leave if he does it again.  Why is she hurt if this is the norm for them?  She’s clearly lying.  What I think happened is that there was cheating before and Ashley is trying to spin it into an “unconventional marriage.”  Fine, then, why you mad sis?

Oh hell no to Gizelle’s glasses, as well as the rhinestone earrings clashing with her rhinestone purse strap.  Robyn, on the other hand, with the hoop earrings and the bold red lip?  To die for.  

Oh, Robyn texted the picture of Michael to Ashley by accident?  Just like she remembered out loud at Candiace’s dinner party last season by accident that Michael said he wanted to suck a sausage?  Why doesn’t Robyn just be messy?  She’s not fooling anyone with this stealth mess.

I’m quite bored with Not For Lazy Moms.  I really don’t watch these shows to see the women conduct business.  I want to watch them have social and familial interactions.  

That was rude for Candiace to back out of doing Monique’s podcast, but given the fact that Monique was planning to use the podcast as a vehicle to shade Candiace for not having gone on a honeymoon, I’d say they’re about even.  The idea that a childless woman didn’t go on a honeymoon doesn’t even bear a nexus to lazy or non-lazy moms, so it was just going to be done to spite Candiace I guess.  That’s mature.  For such a busy mom, Monique sure does have time on her hands to plot and hold a grudge.  

We’re in season five and Robyn’s storyline is still negotiating getting remarried to Juan????  The Treaty of Versailles only took six months!!

Sheila telling Ashley that she’s got a lot on her mind is her way of telling Ashley she’d better stay with Michael to keep that gravy train going.  That black leather homecoming dress isn’t going to pay for itself.  

I thought it was a little tacky for Gizelle to throw herself a party for winning an award for a book about her cheating husband, whom she is currently dating.  That was a shitty little party too.  Karen popping up for the first time all episode to tell us that the party was gauche was what I needed.  

I liked the way that Ashley relayed the story to the women without passion of defensiveness.  She is lying that she believes that Michael didn’t have sex with the woman.  I wish she had just said, “this is what Michael said, I’m not sure what to believe, but we’re staying together and please respect our choices.”  I love Ashley repeating this thing about her marriage having its own identity.  Doesn’t every marriage have its own identity?  And how does a marriage with an identity compare with a marriage that is an institution?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

On the whole, I think the whole group handled the cheating thing well.  I don’t think any of them—Ashley or the women—really care deep down if Michael is cheating.  If she cared, she’d be gone.  I don’t care if she has an open marriage.  It’s kind of boring already. Michael is just a sick, twisted guy, but even a serial killer is only interesting enough for the length of a movie.  

That fight between Candiace and Monique was pretty funny, but come on, we’re a third of the way through the season—when is someone going to bring the allegations of Monique treating with her personal trainer to her face?  This was kind of a waste of time.  Hopefully next week will be better, because this is on against Sunday Night Football and I’m going to watch whichever one has a better tussle. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Monique should have just walked away. She clearly yanked Candiace Yaky 1B with Beyonce highlights like she was on Grab 'Dat Dough. Every situation does not call for using the coping skills you learned at Love and Hip Hop's How To Overact School of Reality TV Fame and Fortune. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 6

I feel badly for Ashley. She is a beautiful woman and seems like she is ready to grow up and have a more traditional relationship with her husband now that they have a son. That's completely understandable. Unfortunately, sometimes how you get them is how you lose them. 

Too much of the episode went by before we saw Karen, that's a big no no. 

I believe in honoring my commitments, even if there is some tension, but seems like there was too much tension between Monique and Candiace, so it was probably better that Candiace didn't come, and I actually think that was a mature decision for her to make. 

Monique got a lot of flack for going at Candiace over the last two episodes, however it seems like both of them decided to go along to get along initially. Candiace got elevated first. You spent the whole time at her house saying how you didn't want to be there and you were there to hang out with your other friends, why do you care if she didn't say goodbye to you, whether it was intentional or not? 

Bravo editing is interesting, the split screen and the jump had. I'm sure they left out some of what happened before the fight, seeing as how both had their lawsuits dropped. I'll reserve judgment until next week. 

Now Candiace is on WWHL and walking back just a bit saying that there is no way of knowing for sure if Monique was pretending to be asleep. I know plenty of people who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 9

It’s about time Ashley & Michael came clean. No shame in open marriages if that’s what you want to do. But maybe don’t be on a reality show & not discuss it. I don’t believe Michael though. He’s full of shit. I also hated him shaking his corona bottle & demanding a drink  

Love that the “winery” they went to didn’t want to be named. It’s called Rockland & it’s more of a farm. They weren’t in the main tasting room area, but the special events barn so the people in the background knew what was going on. I really like Rockland-they have a sweet farm dog, a good pizza truck, & you can buy every cut of meat imaginable. But it’s a farm & I was remiss in wearing bug spray (tick bite). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

That was rude for Candiace to back out of doing Monique’s podcast, but given the fact that Monique was planning to use the podcast as a vehicle to shade Candiace for not having gone on a honeymoon, I’d say they’re about even.  The idea that a childless woman didn’t go on a honeymoon doesn’t even bear a nexus to lazy or non-lazy moms, so it was just going to be done to spite Candiace I guess.  

To be fair, I don't feel like that was her intent in inviting Candiace on. Because she was also inviting Karen and Ray. The theme seemed to be a discussion from two perspectives on marriage - a couple that's been together 20 years and one that just got married. Yes she joked about the honeymoon phase without even going on a honeymoon but I really felt like she was joking in the meeting when she said it.

Now when she mentioned it in the conversation with Chris, it was definitely meant to be snide and shady because she was pissed that Candiace backed out. But I didn't get the impression that her sole reason for inviting Candiace on the podcast was to shade and mock her and Chris about not having had a honeymoon. 

And speaking of Monique's Chris, I know he's shown some very dickish tendencies in recent episodes but I thought he was being very reasonable in the advice he was giving Monique about the event and she was just being stubborn in straight up saying she just didn't want to do what he said. That's ridiculous. With that mindset, she's heading straight to a financial hole and nonexistent company as Chris warned her. 

1 hour ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Eddie continues to be hella attractive. His attorney attire is sharp!

He won my heart during the scene when he and Wendy were watching Karen's ridiculous party invite and Eddie goes, "why she let that man in her house".  I fell down laughing.

It's the way he said it - seemingly so genuinely confused at this weirdly dressed man in Karen's house, singing some ridiculous song.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

The problem with Not For Lazy Moms is that it is not clearly defined what they do. The instagram page is just full of meme's and pictures of Monique. No clear vision, no mission statement. She just gives away gift baskets with the logo on things like coffee mugs. Is this a lifestyle brand, a parenting brand, a product brand, a motivational brand? I just don't get it and I like Monique. But a podcast and a potty training book is not going to bring her Skinny Girl money. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Boofish said:

The problem with Not For Lazy Moms is that it is not clearly defined what they do. The instagram page is just full of meme's and pictures of Monique. No clear vision, no mission statement. She just gives away gift baskets with the logo on things like coffee mugs. Is this a lifestyle brand, a parenting brand, a product brand, a motivational brand? I just don't get it and I like Monique. But a podcast and a potty training book is not going to bring her Skinny Girl money. 

I never checked it out because I don't have kids and have no interest in having them. But if everything you're saying is accurate, then yeah, this is already a fail because number one rule of business success is know your brand. You have to be able to accurately define what your brand is, it's vision and ultimate goal, because that then identifies your target audience and how to successfully target them. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I never checked it out because I don't have kids and have no interest in having them. But if everything you're saying is accurate, then yeah, this is already a fail because number one rule of business success is know your brand. You have to be able to accurately define what your brand is, it's vision and ultimate goal, because that then identifies your target audience and how to successfully target them. 

There is not even a link to their website on the Instagram page. A few tips on natural remedies. So perhaps she can rebrand as a natural remedy brand. I just don't get it .. 

• Love 2

I feel badly for Ashley. She is a beautiful woman and seems like she is ready to grow up and have a more traditional relationship with her husband now that they have a son. That's completely understandable. Unfortunately, sometimes how you get them is how you lose them. 

Ashley knows the deal & knows Michael's not going to stop.  Lovely moment of him blaming her for why he had to cheat.  She spilled her own tea so it can stop being a story. Michael did not like that, either.  Too bad, so sad.

4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I believe in honoring my commitments, even if there is some tension, but seems like there was too much tension between Monique and Candiace, so it was probably better that Candiace didn't come, and I actually think that was a mature decision for her to make. 

Monique is delusional.  One, why did she invite someone who is not a mother (more on this later) to her podcast about mothers, and two, she turned all the way up on Candiace but did not have that same energy for Ashley or Gizelle so why did she expect Candiace to still come?

Let's talk about this podcast: Monique is a damn fool for spending $200K on a podcast.  Why do you need fliers for a podcast? Why do you need a graphics designer for your podcast? Why are you hiring staff and making payroll for a podcast? Why is she spending $200K for this podcast when a lot of people just get some equipment from Amazon and talk into the mic (until they grow larger)?  This is why Chris is tight with his money because a silly fool like Monique will spend it all up on a bunch of nothing. 

4 hours ago, Boofish said:

The problem with Not For Lazy Moms is that it is not clearly defined what they do.

The problem with "Not for Lazy Moms" is the very title is mom shaming.  Like when Monique mom-shamed Candiace for not having kids, therefore not knowing how busy moms can be (pretending to be asleep).

If the podcast is about moms, it made no sense to invite Candiace on as a guest as she's not a mom. But why ask Karen and Ray on, unless Monique was going to ask them about parenting Ravyin and Karen's son?  Why not ask Wendy & Eddie, as she had 3 kids under 7 years old (just like Monique) and juggling her Johns Hopkins career, the kids and being a political commentator?

It appears Monique was flicking Candiace's hair, Candiace flicked Monique's jacket, then Monique grabbed a chunk of Candiace's hair and proceeded to drag her.

Monique has been looking for a reason to fight Candiace for numerous episodes now and it all stems from thinking Candiace & Charrisse were coming for Monique's marriage (when Monique & Charrisse did the same thing to Gizelle & her relationship).

Pentagon City and Tyson's Corner must have denied BRAVO's cameras on their properties because otherwise I don't understand why Ashley took her sister to that shop and not to either of those malls.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

I felt bad for Ashley's sister Jessica because that store definitely didn't cater to the teen demographic. If she chose that ill-fitting dress it was probably because it was the least ugly one in the store. And if the owner thought being on the show would be good free advertising, she was sorely mistaken. Did anyone notice the ironic name of the boutique ... Gossip? 

I'm surprised Ashley ended up being so candid about her marriage. Michael wasn't too happy she spilled the tea on-camera. 

Is Monique determined to spend as much of Chris' money as possible before the inevitable divorce?  This season has not been kind to their previous image of a great marriage. They sure make pretty babies though. 

I don't believe Monique invited Candiace to be part of the podcast simply to embarrass her. I think she wanted two perspectives ... a new marriage and an established one. Although not sure how interesting that would be to her target audience of not-for-lazy moms. Also, $280K and counting for a website and podcast? Someone got ripped off. 

Candiace can't sing. But kudos to Chris for being a supportive husband and lying to her. I'm glad Wendy pried the knife out of her hand at the winery before it was hurled at someone. 

Robyn's dad is obviously less-than-thrilled that Robyn's trying to get Juan to remarry her.  He was practically silently screaming, "Run away." 

The wine tasting was a celebration of Gizelle's award, which I thought they were all aware of, so Karen can take a seat with her comments. Let the woman have her moment in the sun. Sheesh. It's not the first time she's copped an attitude at an event where she's not the center of attention. Maybe she should stay home if she's going to react that jealously. Karen's not a bad-looking woman, but her confessional looks can only be described as scary.  

If Gizelle wants glass candlesticks, she should go to Home Goods. She'd find plenty of options for a lot less money than that furniture store.  

Wendy and her husband weren't paying any attention to Kruz during his karate class. Talk about that stuff later and be there for your child.  Kruz is adorable and so far no bratty behavior. 

Where was T'Challa?  

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 19

In the old days, bored rich housewives got their husbands to finance a little gift shop that steadily lost money. Monique's project is the modern version of the same. Chris will cut off the funds when the losses are too high. And that marriage is doomed.

I think Ashley and Michael have an on-camera marriage and go their own ways off-camera. Michael's shenanigans are convenient fodder for ratings.

Last week Ashley drove up and down Arlington's little downtown just to record her conversation with Michael. In reality it takes about two minutes to drive through it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I liked Gizelle`s sunglasses lol. I like her and Robyn`s friendship. There seemed to be tension with Chris and Monique when they were walking. I've never seen Monique kind of talk to him kind of disrespectfully before. I was surprised haha. Michael obviously did sleep with the stripper. What was the point of the girl taking a picture of Michael though smh. Does he have a lot of money? Ashley seems embarrassed to me,that's why she was giving those excuses I think. Robyn's dad knows how Juan is. Robyn can do so much better. Monique treats Candiace horribly,she was never this mean to Gizelle. When the show was coming on I did crack up at Candiace singing lol. But she sounded nice. If she did get a nose job I miss her old nose much more. Karen is always making rude comments about Gizelle lately lol or has she always done that?? I'm not sure. She's probably mad at all of Gizelle's past teasing lol. I think Ashley wanted the conversation with Michael on camera because he cheated so publicly and she wanted to prove a point. I think she said she received 40 dms smh from strangers showing Michael caught with his pants down so to speak lol. Ashley's mom seems so goofy lol. 

• Love 8

Gizelle is encouraging the drama between Candiace and Monique because she is still salty about the Sherman thing, but what's getting lost in the sauce is that it was Charisse who wanted to start the Sherman drama. Since she lost her champagne flute to Candiace, the storyline was getting ready to fall to the wayside, but since Monique and Charisse were friends, it fell into Monique's lap. But now Charisse and Gizelle have made up, but Gizelle is still salty with Monique. Charisse was rumored to be angry with Candiace for essentially taking her spot. 

Looks ike more details are emerging about what happened. Candiace put her hand in Monique's face, asked are you going to drag me? Monique flicks her hair and says do you want me to? Candiace pushes Monique's shoulder, Monique grabs Candiace's hair. Wackiness ensues. Someone got a shot of a broken glass in Candiace's hand. These two were two of my three favorites (Hey Karen), so it breaks my heart to see them fighting. 

• Love 4

I still don’t think Ashley was being completely transparent about the nature of their open marriage. It’s their business, but don’t then give half the story. I believe that they both see men and women, and I’m not buying that they are always together as a threesome. Heck, they probably swing with other couples. I do think they have an agreement to be discreet and Michael broke that agreement by picking up a random.

Monique is not a good steward of the family’s money. She uses spending as a form of therapy. She seems to have a lot of pent-up frustration towards Chris that is exacerbating her anger, which she is taking out on Candiace. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I'm one of ......zzzzzz......

when you go to a hotel room to "hang out"?? he fucked the chick and is trying to play her like she is stupid.... why did he take his clothes off? why was he in his underwear? IF he didn't fuck her the INTENTION to was still there or he would have his clothes on from the night before. you dont go to someones hotel room and get naked to hang out ....so was she is supposed to feel better that he "passed out" before he could fuck her? how does she know they didn't have sex that morning when he woke up? The dude is just messy with this shit....  Why is she acting so stupid with this?? and why is he so creepy?

yes they had a understanding but that understanding didn't involve them "playing" separately apparently and he has been trying to creep for a while now....

Karen it was to celebrate her winning a award so of course she would have been talking about it a lot jesus christ ...I thought you had no money problems girl did you really need to save on gas that bad? doesn't your black bill gates fill up your tank?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

If I were Karen I would be salty towards ol' stovepot legs every chance I got. She has come to plenty of things for other people being messy.

Marriages hit rough patches and cameras does not make it any better. I think Chris is embarrassed (and rightfully so) by Monique's behavior on the show. Before all this, they seem to be a nice happy family. As far back as season 1, he was really trying to peacefully integrate her into the group. He was nice to all of them; especially Charisse. He liked hanging out with Candiace and Chris and now that's ruined. And culturally I just don't think many people get the significance of him cutting off his mother for his wife. That was VERY TELLING because seriously it's something black men rarely do. And now she is bleeding money on a podcast and an Instagram page. Chris just sounds frustrated. He went from what looked like a very traditional marriage to being a Real Housewife husband. I will give him a little leeway (for now.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Candiace pushes Monique's shoulder

Someone had a screen shot on Twitter saying it was GIZELLE's hand on Monique's shoulder.

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Charisse was rumored to be angry with Candiace for essentially taking her spot. 

I don't think Charrisse is angry with Candiace for taking her spot on the show and if she is, she shouldn't be.  She's more likely angry with GIZELLE for taking over as the star of the show SHE cast.  Gizelle was friends with the producer, she pointed the producer towards Charrisse.  Gizelle brought in Robyn but Charrisse suggested a list of women to be cast on the show and Karen made the cut.  Charrisse's friend Brynee from Season 1 was allegedly supposed to be a Housewife but she was involved in funny business (for which she is now serving time for) and the show didn't want those headaches so she was just a friend.  The show wasn't originally supposed to be a Housewives franchise but when it was, that's when they added Ashley (who also was supposed to be just a friend) and Katie.

Charrisse allegedly didn't want to film about her & Eddie's personal problems and Katie didn't want to film about personal problems/custody battles and that's why Candiace and Monique were added to replace the 2 Housewives that got cut.  Why would Charrisse be mad at Candiace for "taking her spot" when Monique was added the same season?  Maybe Monique was Charrisse's replacement (athlete wife) and Candiace was Katie's replacement (partnered with white man)?

2 hours ago, laprin said:

I do think they have an agreement to be discreet and Michael broke that agreement by picking up a random.

The problem is Kookaberra Ken is not discreet and it's not a good look.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I think Chris is embarrassed (and rightfully so) by Monique's behavior on the show.

Because Monique's behavior can now mess up Chris' bag.  Nobody is trying to make money moves with a hoodbooger wife.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Because Monique's behavior can now mess up Chris' bag.  Nobody is trying to make money moves with a hoodbooger wife.

That is not the word I would use but ok; her behavior is no more problematic than any other housewife who has turned to violence against a costar.  

• Love 3

I loved Gizelle's tacky outfit.  It did remind me of Charlie's Angels, classic 70's.  She's so tacky but I love her.

Karen needs to stay away from that long, platinum blonde wig.  

I never fell for Monique's "perfect marriage."  If it's so perfect, you wouldn't be on a reality show saying how perfect it is.  And fphuck Monique for that, "You're not a MOM" to Candiace.  I wouldn't want to be a dumbass mom like Monique, get a nanny already woman and call it a day.

I think Ashley and Michael once did have an open marriage.  But now that she has a child, she doesn't want to play that game anymore.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Going into this episode, I knew the epic smackdown between Candiace and Monique that has been teased for eons wasn't going to be shown in its entirety but rather split over two episodes. However, what dumbass executive at Bravo thought it was a bright idea to split the screen to a fraction of its size in the very last moments of the episode so we could see Andy Cohen and his WWHL guests preening during the seminal fight? Ugh.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Axie said:

Many years ago when I’d have too much to drink, I’d occasionally go home with someone and end up sleeping it off there, but, I always woke up with my clothes on. Hmmm. 

Yes!! If they just "kissed" and then he fell asleep, why was he in his undies? That lunch with Ashley was so awkward. 

• Love 4

I have to say, I totally wasn't expecting Ashley and Micheal to have that conversation on camera, nor for Micheal to tell [a version of] the truth. But we all know he didn't "just fall asleep".

giphy.gif

Like many of you, I also think they had a somewhat open marriage. But I believe Ashley when she says that their arrangement was only for when they were both involved. That being said, I also believe that Ashley has been well aware that Michael has been doing things outside of their arrangement and she either couldn't prove it or let it go cause she was banking on her pre-nup. That entire scene at the wine tasting was damage control, especially "casually" dropping that they're working on a second child. However, I was living for all the reactions by the ladies as Ashley kept revealing more and more of personal info!  They were all like:

giphy.gif

I'm not really sure what happened during the fight between Monique and Candiace. There were like 3 yelly conversations happening at the same time and I was so confused.  Then I saw Monique flipping Candiance's weave over her shoulder and it all went to shit.

Wendy's kid was so damn cute when he went to his first martial arts training session.  I, too, would like Power Ranger training! Where do I sign up??

tenor.gif

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Boofish said:

The problem with Not For Lazy Moms is that it is not clearly defined what they do.

I think the main reason for that is that she reversed engineered an acronym based on NFL Moms but never thought about what she wanted to be about so she is just throwing anything that anyone brings to her to see if it sticks.

Also, why is she printing up physical flyers for a live podcast taping in 2019!! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

oh no... not the story line of a mom who wants to leave her job.. or change careers...

what point of view was Candice suppose to bring to the "not for lazy mom" podcast ?.

Um Monique - reprinting 500 flyers at staples doesn't cost that much. And a high-school graphic arts class student should be able to quickly swap out Candice picture and bio within a 50 minute class peroid.

image.thumb.png.e333775f93c73ad2d49e8c1f103fc0ca.png    

Is this the 1st time we see Ashely sister Jessica ? I didn't get the feeling they were in the right store for a 2019 teen's homecoming dress.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Boofish said:

Plus, it’s such a dumbass name people probably write it off from the get-go.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sATL said:

oh no... not the story line of a mom who wants to leave her job.. or change careers...

what point of view was Candice suppose to bring to the "not for lazy mom" podcast ?.

Um Monique - reprinting 500 flyers at staples doesn't cost that much. And a high-school graphic arts class student should be able to quickly swap out Candice picture and bio within a 50 minute class peroid.

image.thumb.png.e333775f93c73ad2d49e8c1f103fc0ca.png    

Is this the 1st time we see Ashely sister Jessica ? I didn't get the feeling they were in the right store for a 2019 teen's homecoming dress.

I think this particular podcast episode was about marriage, not moms. She was having Karen and Ray on to talk about their 20 year marriage and then Candiace was supposed to be on to talk about her 1 year marriage. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Someone had a screen shot on Twitter saying it was GIZELLE's hand on Monique's shoulder.

I don't think Charrisse is angry with Candiace for taking her spot on the show and if she is, she shouldn't be.  She's more likely angry with GIZELLE for taking over as the star of the show SHE cast.  Gizelle was friends with the producer, she pointed the producer towards Charrisse.  Gizelle brought in Robyn but Charrisse suggested a list of women to be cast on the show and Karen made the cut.  Charrisse's friend Brynee from Season 1 was allegedly supposed to be a Housewife but she was involved in funny business (for which she is now serving time for) and the show didn't want those headaches so she was just a friend.  The show wasn't originally supposed to be a Housewives franchise but when it was, that's when they added Ashley (who also was supposed to be just a friend) and Katie.

Charrisse allegedly didn't want to film about her & Eddie's personal problems and Katie didn't want to film about personal problems/custody battles and that's why Candiace and Monique were added to replace the 2 Housewives that got cut.  Why would Charrisse be mad at Candiace for "taking her spot" when Monique was added the same season?  Maybe Monique was Charrisse's replacement (athlete wife) and Candiace was Katie's replacement (partnered with white man)?

The problem is Kookaberra Ken is not discreet and it's not a good look.

On Monique's IG story she said she felt a hand push her. I have to go back and see if she definitely said it was Candiace's hand. 

Regarding Charisse, that was the narrative being put out, that she was angry at Candiace. Certainly wouldd explain why those two did not get along when Candiace joined. Candiace joined the season after Monique. Monique replaced Katie in season two. Candiace came after in season 3, and Charisse was demoted to friend. According to all these lives, Kendall was also in the mix, so maybe Charisse was mad because she had been trying to get Kendall on for a while, and not only did they not take Kendall, they also demoted her to make room for Candiace. Also, I thought Paul Wharton suggested Karen for the show, maybe in addition to Gizelle. I did hear that it wasn't supposed to be housewives at first, which is why the beginning of the series is so strangely focused on etiquette. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

It’s about time Ashley & Michael came clean. No shame in open marriages if that’s what you want to do. But maybe don’t be on a reality show & not discuss it. I don’t believe Michael though. He’s full of shit. I also hated him shaking his corona bottle & demanding a drink  

Youtuber Funky Dineva once said that no one can spray you with your own tea. Meaning, once you admit to something it tends to diffuse the situation and no one can really have a 'gotcha moment' with that information because you put it out there - more or less.  So, as much as I don't like Ashley, this was smart of her to do but I think she still doesn't deserve the maturity and understanding of all the castmates she did wrong in seasons past. Yeah, I'm petty. 

However, I still don't believe part of their BS. By admitting to it they got to control the narrative and control it they did. What they left out is that Michael is bisexual, he has and did cheat, and he will continue to do so at his leisure. I knew that as soon as he translated Ashley's no more threesomes to the fun being over, he was not going to stop the behavior. After Ashley made the proclamation, I also notice that he was starting to say that "we both have to agree" before Ashley cut him off and put her foot down. That's when we got Michael's "BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO" lol! Ashley will probably turn a blind and allow Michael to cheat in peace until he makes a fool of her again and then we will see if she will keep the promise to leave his ass. Interesting that after Michael's humiliations, she seems to end up pregnant.  The ass grab heard round the world resulted in Dean and she is pregnant with #2 after this fiasco. Keep this up and she will be Potomac's answer to Michelle Duggar. She would be better off after baby #2 to only accept jewelry. 

18 hours ago, Boofish said:

Monique would have been better off spending at least half that wasted $280k to consult with a marketing company with a good branding department to get a better name for her company. Not for Lazy Moms is just about the worst name EVER. Who defines their company by the negative and who they don't service? That would be like Bethenny calling Skinnygirl NO FAT CHICKS! It's off-putting to both those the title is offending and trying to cater to.

Saw this on twitter and about died: "Only 20/300 tickets sold? Girl you better start reaching out to lazy moms!" LOL!

Monique would have been better off going into one of the other vanity projects wives of rich men get into - handbags, interior design, etc. I hope she doesn't wind up doing to big Chris's bank account what Robyn did to Juan's. 

5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Someone had a screen shot on Twitter saying it was GIZELLE's hand on Monique's shoulder

I love that we are Zapruder'ing the footage. "Back and to the left. Back and to the left ..."

I guess I stand alone but I thought Candiace's remixed song was a bop! Had that back in the day R&B sound, which I miss. I like Candi's voice, especially when she doesn't oversing things, which happens a lot unfortunately.

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10