Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

S02.E05: We Gotta Go Now

Recommended Posts

Quote

Butcher has no more intentions to fight with Supes but Black Noir traced his location and found him: what will he do now? Supes are shooting a film named - #Dawn Of The Seven. Homelander is doing what Stormfront told him to do.

Airdate: 18 September 2020

Share this post


Link to post

Homelander blasting a crowd is probably a final season thing.

He'd also save himself a lot of trouble if he stopped going full blast with the eye beams.  We know he can adjust the power (he warmed up the milk in the premiere) so it's just him being lazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder who's place Homelander and Stormfront were wrecking?

Was Starlight smart enough to get copies of Stormfront's files.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder who's place Homelander and Stormfront were wrecking?

Looks like it was at Vought Tower.

My favorite small joke was the name on Stormfront's smoothie cup was "Storefront".

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 1.26.59 PM.jpg

Edited by dabbrusc · Reason: added image
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So I'm wondering if Frenchie is going to have a storyline of his own or if it's going to be entwined with Kimiko's. It seems like every episode all he's doing is trying to help her or get her to talk to him. 

Also, I don't like A Train but Stormfront's dog whistling made me want to punch her fucking teeth in, even more than I usually want to.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Gulftastic said:

I was happy that the dog survived.

I spent the whole episode terrified that something would happen to the dog.

So this is the breaking/bottom/lowest point episode. Butcher has now found his new reason to exist/keep fighting. MM (who I love and is the best of the bunch) and Houghie teamed up to get Butcher back in the game. Kimiko has hit rock bottom and may have had a realization (not sure yet). Frenchie has maybe/finally given up on trying to "save" Kimiko. I don't have a problem with him trying to help her but, his Ex is right he treats her like a lost kitten that he's trying to rescue.

On the Supe front Maeve is planning to take down Homelander which makes me afraid for Maeve. She's also trying to bring the Deep in for support (not sure what that would do). She really needs to team up with Starlight.

I'm very curious on Stormfront's plan. What's up with the dude in prison and some 17 years old kid? What plans does she have for Starlight?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Annie's mom continues to be a piece of shit.  Not only has she lied to and exploited her daughter, she's trying to use a third party to guilt Annie into forgiving her.

I'm surprised no one has tried to kill Ashley yet, since she's always holding the Supes back or foiling them.  No wonder her hair is falling out, I would not want her position.

Ouch at Homelander not even showing up for A-Train's scene.  I didn't catch Stormfront dog whistling, but of course she had to needle him talking about garbage people being let into the Church.

I wonder if Adele is Stormfront's daughter instead of mother.  I'm starting to get worried about her, anyone who encourages Homelander's sadistic nature and is that hard to injure, will probably shape up to be the worst villain we've seen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to mention the Girl Power scene in the Dawn of the Seven. I had to laugh at that because it was so cheesy just like the girl power scene in Endgame.

The one in Infinity War felt organic the Endgame one was crappy (IMO)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Kimiko the hitman was something.  I literally yelped when she TORE A GUY'S FUCKING FACE OFF.  There's an image that's going to linger.  So is the StormLander S&M scene.

Katie Couric being involved in a fictitious broadcast was on brand I guess.  I still don't get where Deep's story is headed, and he's such a buffoon that I'm losing interest.  

No Billy Joel song, surprisingly.  Or I missed it.

Butcher's aunt's accent was horrific.  I thought she sounded Australian.  Some of the time.  

When Maeve told her girlfriend that they were going to take down Homelander, I figured she was just saying that in order to mollify Elena.  Then Maeve showed up at Deep's book giveaway, and I realized she is both serious and stupid.  If I were looking to take down Homelander, he would be one of the last people I'd recruit, unless she's setting him up as cannon fodder.  I don't know, maybe she's concocting a scheme and Deep is going to be the fall guy who takes the blame if it goes wrong, but that's not plausible since in a situation like that, the patsy can't be a complete nitwit.

 

Edited by mac123x
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought the dog's name was Tara at first and was like,  "Oh, a male Bulldog named Tara?  WTF.  Okay."  Then I realized it was Karl Urban's accent and the dog is named Terror.  

It must have been very cool on set for the dog scenes because Bulldogs pant like crazy. 

Chalk me up as another one concerned about the dog getting hurt.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MrPissyPuppy said:

I thought the dog's name was Tara at first and was like,  "

I thought it was Tara too hahaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So dude on the phone with Stormfront (played by Shawn Ashmore) was Lamplighter apparently who is now an orderly at an asylum?  Okay.  All of Stormfront's emails were addressed to Cedar Grove, which is where he works, and have titles like "latest incident" and "Phase 12 Timetable".  I saw a YouTube review video that said the emails were about her meme campaigns but I don't think that's right.  It sounded like Stormfront is having Lamplighter do something to a 17 year old resident of that facility.  Just speculating, but maybe that's the source of her eternal youth.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, MrPissyPuppy said:

I thought the dog's name was Tara at first and was like,  "Oh, a male Bulldog named Tara?  WTF.  Okay."  Then I realized it was Karl Urban's accent and the dog is named Terror.  

Thank you!  I knew he couldn't be saying Tara but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what he was actually trying to say.  My best guess was Taron.  

I thought this episode was good overall, though I could have done without seeing the guy's face being peeled off.  That was just gross and unnecessary.  

Not sure where the Stormfront/Homelander plotline is going but I'm interested to see how it plays out. 

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't they say back in S1 that Homelander has super hearing? Why doesn't he ever seem to use that to spy on people's conversations? He'd be even more dangerously creepy.

8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm very curious on Stormfront's plan. What's up with the dude in prison and some 17 years old kid?

The lighter he's holding is a clue.

Share this post


Link to post

I have closed captioning on just so I can understand Butcher. 

Homelander is being played, I wonder if that's why Edgar brought her out of retirement. So she can control him. Also was one of the Ashmore twins playing Lamplighter? They made a point to show Stormfront with a lighter. I'm thinking they all don't age and have to retire so the public doesn't notice. Then they have them work on other projects for Vaught. Which also makes me think that Black Noir might be

 

Solider Boy

Since I don't think they are following the comic story for him. 

Kimiko is basically Wolverine so she probably can go up against Stormfront and survive but she still needs to be smart about it. Its definitely not healthy for her to be doing hits but it'll give her the practice she'll need. 

Really Mauve, The Deep? Unless you want him as a fall guy was he the best choice. However I wonder if she'll go to A-Train next now that he has a reason to want Homelander out of the way. Then he should just tell her to go to Starlight who is already trying to take down Vougt and Homelander. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Also was one of the Ashmore twins playing Lamplighter?

Was this spelled out somewhere or was it just the lighter?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Was this spelled out somewhere or was it just the lighter?

I'm just guessing because they focused on the lighter. Which seems likes an odd thing to draw attention to for no reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Was this spelled out somewhere or was it just the lighter?

 

15 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm just guessing because they focused on the lighter. Which seems likes an odd thing to draw attention to for no reason. 

It was Shawn Ashmore and Kripke stated that he's been cast as Lamplighter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

45 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Kimiko is basically Wolverine so she probably can go up against Stormfront and survive but she still needs to be smart about it. Its definitely not healthy for her to be doing hits but it'll give her the practice she'll need. 

I found myself wondering why she couldn't do more damage when she killed her brother. I assume Black Noir is stronger than Stormfront and she seemed to hold her own better against him. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, peridot said:

I wonder if Adele is Stormfront's daughter instead of mother.

I think that must be the case, given her age. The woman in the photo sure isn't old enough to have had an adult superhero child in 1972.

15 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Didn't they say back in S1 that Homelander has super hearing? Why doesn't he ever seem to use that to spy on people's conversations? He'd be even more dangerously creepy.

That's how he found out about Elena, listening in on Maeve's phone call with her from a distance.

5 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I found myself wondering why she couldn't do more damage when she killed her brother. I assume Black Noir is stronger than Stormfront and she seemed to hold her own better against him. 

I think the opposite is true based on that final scene. Stormfront is strong enough to fling Homelander around like a doll, and durable enough to have rough sex with him and only get superficial burns from his laservision at point blank range rather than being sliced apart. Black Noir seems to operate more on Kimiko's level since we've seen him injured by terrorists and only using moderate superhuman strength.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

think the opposite is true based on that final scene. Stormfront is strong enough to fling Homelander around like a doll, and durable enough to have rough sex with him and only get superficial burns from his laservision at point blank range rather than being sliced apart. Black Noir seems to operate more on Kimiko's level since we've seen him injured by terrorists and only using moderate superhuman strength

But we've seen Black Noir blown up multiple times now and he basically walks it off. That has to be equal or close to being blasted with heat vision considering the fact that Butcher's aunt had small fires burning all throughout her house when they walked out. 

Spoiler

Also, wasn't he stronger than Stormfront in the comic? I wonder if they're going to go the same route on that front in the show.

 

Edited by kariyaki · Reason: Spoiler tagged comic talk

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, Gulftastic said:

I was happy that the dog survived.

I had no doubt since even in a show like this, an animal dying the same way any human would be considered a bridge too far and have people quitting which always makes me laugh. But, we all have our things.

Black Noire is such a weird "hero". Batman with almost zero humanity buts he's also a super. A Batman that can't die is terrifying.

I've seen a lot of complaining about season. I don't share these complaints.

But, I think for some, not having a unifying mission like taking out all of seven, separated characters and the way it's being put out are the ground root if people's problems.

But, to me it's just The Boys. I'm having a good time.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I found myself wondering why she couldn't do more damage when she killed her brother. I assume Black Noir is stronger than Stormfront and she seemed to hold her own better against him. 

Because this is a tv show and they want the dramatic moment of her not being able to defend her brother and to set the seeds for a great confrontation to bring the season home. That's why.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

It was Shawn Ashmore and Kripke stated that he's been cast as Lamplighter. 

Thanks. His scene was so quick that I didn't know which one it was. And usually I pride myself on being able to tell them apart. (I think Shawn is cuter. This is how I tell them apart.)

I thought the dog was named Taro, like the plant. He is adorable and possibly my favorite character on the show now. 

I thought Black Noire was either a remote controlled bot or was going to be revealed as Butcher's dead brother. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I thought Black Noire was either a remote controlled bot or was going to be revealed as Butcher's dead brother. 

I really hope that isn't the case.  They've already done the "Butcher relative who was thought to be dead is actually alive" thing once.  Going to that well again would be lazy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Because this is a tv show and they want the dramatic moment of her not being able to defend her mother and to set the seeds for a great confrontation to bring the season home. That's why.

Wow I didn't realize it was tv and not real life. Thanks!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

Wow I didn't realize it was tv and not real life. Thanks!

I sometimes wonder if people do realize that tv isn't real. I don't general ask the why questions most to do because I just see it as tv. Why didn't she do more? We know why, so I don't ask.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I truly can't stand Stormfront and her flinty voice and cocksure attitude and I am thinking I dislike her more than Homelander now.  They are both manipulative and condescending asses, male and female versions of each other.  At least one of these must die by season's end or I don't think I can stand it.  I'm glad to see that Maeve is putting together a team against Homelander.  At least the Deep is a start.

Homelander is definitely as racist as Stormfront.  Kicked out A-Train and maimed that Asian hero that Ashley picked for the Seven seemingly purely because he is Asian and Homelander didn't approve of Ashley's diversity initiative.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:39 AM, Cthulhudrew said:

Didn't they say back in S1 that Homelander has super hearing? Why doesn't he ever seem to use that to spy on people's conversations? He'd be even more dangerously creepy.

He definitely has super hearing... he heard Becca on the phone with her Vought handler to get her out and the handler was telling her that Homelander would lose interest in her son and move on, then Homelander showed up in Ohio or wherever Becca is and said that he is NOT going to lose interest.  He also listened in on Maeve and Elena.  I'm wondering if he has to be attuned and actively listening to hear something.  Otherwise it'd be like Jean Grey saying she has everyone's voices in her head all the time, and she had to learn to block everything out.

19 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Homelander is being played, I wonder if that's why Edgar brought her out of retirement. So she can control him. Also was one of the Ashmore twins playing Lamplighter? They made a point to show Stormfront with a lighter. I'm thinking they all don't age and have to retire so the public doesn't notice. Then they have them work on other projects for Vaught. Which also makes me think that Black Noir might be

  Hide contents

Solider Boy

Really Mauve, The Deep? Unless you want him as a fall guy was he the best choice. However I wonder if she'll go to A-Train next now that he has a reason to want Homelander out of the way. Then he should just tell her to go to Starlight who is already trying to take down Vougt and Homelander. 

It was already announced that

Soldier Boy has been cast.  He's one of the guys from Supernatural. [/quote]

13 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I think the opposite is true based on that final scene. Stormfront is strong enough to fling Homelander around like a doll, and durable enough to have rough sex with him and only get superficial burns from his laservision at point blank range rather than being sliced apart. Black Noir seems to operate more on Kimiko's level since we've seen him injured by terrorists and only using moderate superhuman strength.

For some reason I thought Compound V gave all supers some degree of super strength and invulnerability.  I thought I remember Translucent telling Hughie this, which is why Hughie shoved the explosive up his butthole.  I seem to remember him saying his skin was invulnerable.  Not sure if that was just Translucent or all supes though, I am probably misremembering.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Homelander is definitely as racist as Stormfront.  Kicked out A-Train and maimed that Asian hero that Ashley picked for the Seven seemingly purely because he is Asian and Homelander didn't approve of Ashley's diversity initiative.

I don't think that was racism. I don't think Homelander views people as inferior due to race, pretty sure he thinks everyone is inferior and, he pretty much hates everyone that's not him.

My impression of Homelander is, he's an emotional child with super powers. He wants/needs/demands people love/adoration/attention and is incredibly jealous of anything that pulls them away. He doesn't love Maeve but, she's his and, he will destroy her and Elena becuase she doesnt love him.  He resented/hated Teddy because Stillwell loved her son. I'm actually surprised he didn't let the baby die.  

With A-Train it was mostly because he was weak (heart issues post V) and a screw up. With Blindspot I think it was his Ego/Arrogance and being big man on campus (so to speak). He figured out that Stillwell was manipulting him started S2 with putting Ashley in her place. He's in charge! It's his team! He will decide his own PR/Media!

I'm not defending him or saying he's a good guy. I just think he doesn't care what race they are, they're all inferior to him.

On the other hand Stormfront is a classic Nazi, she views races and non supes as inferior but, her rascim overshoots that because even though she views Supes as the "master race" she views non white Supes as disgusting/inferior (A-Train and Kimiko's brother). 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

It appeared that Butcher had given up on life and was going to commit "suicide by supe" in this episode. But it is difficult  for me to muster as much sympathy as Hughie does. Basically, because Butcher: a) never shares information unless he is absolutely forced to b) only befriends people to use for his own goals -like Hughie in S1 c) casually shrugs when people get killed after he puts them in harm's way. 
I had wondered how he could have had the idealistic marriage to Becca that he seemed to recall in S1. Turns out, Becca knew Butcher had serious anger issues. 
He is an interesting character, but I don't find myself rooting for him (maybe his mission, but not his character).

Homelander is being pushed to his homicidal limits .. which will probably end badly for some characters.  Although you can see how Vought really created a monster with the way they raised him like an experiment. Maeve could possibly be his friend, but is too scared to be honest with him. And does anyone call him by any name except Homelander? That can't be good for his mental health. 

Like some others, I find myself less interested in The Boys themselves than in the corporate media corruption of Vought and the dangerous dynamics between the members of The Seven.
The show feels a bit weighed down by trying to keep The Boys a relevant part of the ongoing story.  How can they move about so openly when they are public enemy #1? Being internationally known criminals is not something that can be rolled back.  It's beyond suspension of disbelief that MM, Hughie and Starlight could sit in a diner, with no disguise, and not get recognized. 

It doesn't help that this show - like some lazily-written shows - seems obligated to give every character something to do. If Kimiko and Frenchie are going to have side-stories, I would prefer having more episodes with specific stories to tell. Everything is starting to feel like snippets of stories, which is not so satisfying. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, a song not by Billy Joel!

I'd kind of like to see Starlighter take down Stormfront, if possible. I'm not sure how she'd do in a head to head match up tough. When she got all glowy Stormfront said "Oh, that's adorable." And since Homelander can laser her without doing much damage I'm not sure anything Starlight can throw at her would take her down. It's possible that Starlighter could blind her, though.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I sometimes wonder if people do realize that tv isn't real. I don't general ask the why questions most to do because I just see it as tv. Why didn't she do more? We know why, so I don't ask.

Yeah, I generally agree. I was just thinking out loud ( again).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

For some reason I thought Compound V gave all supers some degree of super strength and invulnerability.  I thought I remember Translucent telling Hughie this, which is why Hughie shoved the explosive up his butthole.  I seem to remember him saying his skin was invulnerable.  Not sure if that was just Translucent or all supes though, I am probably misremembering.

I don't think Translucent had superhuman strength based on his fight with Hughie and Butcher, just a high degree of invulnerability. And Mesmer certainly didn't have any unusual physical abilities helping him out. It's probably just that the people picked to be in the Seven are all pretty tough and most have a varying degree of super strength in addition to their "schtick" power, since Vought is selecting them as the cream of the crop from among ALL supers.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Black Noir is supposed to be some sort of super-ninja type? When Butcher spotted him on the rooftop, he kinda looked like a three year old trying to play hide and seek.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2020 at 4:00 AM, Racj82 said:

I had no doubt since even in a show like this, an animal dying the same way any human would be considered a bridge too far and have people quitting which always makes me laugh. But, we all have our things.

I guess sea creatures are the exception to that rule. And we'll probably see more of them die if Deep teams up with Maeve against Homelander.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2020 at 11:37 AM, AnimeMania said:

I wonder who's place Homelander and Stormfront were wrecking?

Was Starlight smart enough to get copies of Stormfront's files.

Smart enough? I'm sure she's smart enough to do that if it were possible. But I don't see how she would have possibly had the time, nor did she appear to have any kind of storage device to transfer them to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, moonshine71 said:
On 9/18/2020 at 11:37 AM, AnimeMania said:

Was Starlight smart enough to get copies of Stormfront's files.

Smart enough? I'm sure she's smart enough to do that if it were possible. But I don't see how she would have possibly had the time, nor did she appear to have any kind of storage device to transfer them to.

It was hard for me to tell how long she had been in there since she waited until Stormfront had been called to the set before she entered. Everybody has a Smart Phone, she would have to know how to send them to herself without being caught.

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot to say I loved that part where Mother's Milk was watching Outlander, and Hughie asked what it was, and he says "It's a show called Eat My Dick."

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

About time a viral video of Homelander murdering someone went viral.  You would think there would be a ton of those by now.  I'm still waiting for them to dredge the plane out of the ocean and find some phones with video footage of his attack.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, Rambler said:

I thought Black Noir is supposed to be some sort of super-ninja type? When Butcher spotted him on the rooftop, he kinda looked like a three year old trying to play hide and seek.

The show has been going with the ideal that the supes don't know how to fight, they don't need to. Even those with limited power can just blunt force their way through anything until the recent creation of super terrorist. The black Snake Eyes suit is merely a Voight costume 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size