Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Point Of No Return

• Start Topic

Larissa's plastic surgery transformation stuns her friends; Andrei confronts Charlie at the wedding; Kalani and Asuelu reach a breaking point; Colt tells Debbie to back off; Syngin considers staying in South Africa; tragedy strikes Angela's family.

Airs September 20, 2020.

More than ever I think Larissa is Eric's best friend (not his beard because they're not even trying to pretend he's straight) and that he cares about her. I know she's not popular, but I felt sorry for her. I've had 13 surgeries over the past 2.5 years, and am gearing up for another one, and even though hers was elective I still felt for her recovery. Ugh. 

I'm glad Tammy left. Hope the door hit her in the ass on the way out.  

Syngin's SA seems so different from Ronald/Tiffany's SA. 

My feelings about Syngin and Tania have changed. I used to love him and think she was a shrew. Now I think they're both directionless slackers-she is just louder and more demanding. This won't get better. I only hope that they don't try to have a baby to "fix" things. Because they totally seem like the kind of people who would. 

Angela's mom makes me sad. I think it's sad to see anyone at the end of their life. She shouldn't have gone to Nigeria with her mom clearly so ill, but I hope she made it back before her mom passed.

• Love 22

Larissa’s surgery recovery could’ve been skipped. I don’t see an ounce of chemistry between her and Ericee. I guess I should have empathy for her pain, but she chose all of these elective procedures, so it’s hard for me to pull the heart strings. 

I wish Angela would’ve stayed with her mother, but I know she gave her blessing and told her to go. According to her obituary, she passed on 8 February, and they tied the knot on 27 January. I hope Angela was able to say good-bye. Unfortunately Michael was right when he said he didn’t know when he’d see Angela again because Covid came crashing in and closed borders a couple of months later.

I'm desperately trying to see what Kalani sees in Asuelo. Good riddance to Tammy. I don’t know why she has such disdain for Kalani like she trapped her frozen yoghurt serving brother into marriage and beat him over the head with a club to force him to stay with her.

• Love 18

“Farty Boy?” It sounds like something a ten year old would call a classmate. What an adorable nickname for your child. 

Okay, tonight with the close captioning they referred to him as ”Hani” boy, but I am positive that previously Asuelu called him Farty. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 6

Watched the 20 minute preview.

Didn't really need to see Larissa being in pain from her surgery. She chose it. Don't know why the nurse or assistant just couldn't make a house call for the 24 hour visit. Larissa still seemed very out of it. Hope the doctor's office has an elevator - going up and down those stairs and being still drugged up is a recipe for disaster. Poor Eric-ee having to care for another person.

Wonder if Mykull did a happy dance after he left the airport. Ange is gone and now he can get his life back. Wonder if the marriage is actually valid.

Syngin, maybe you should stay in South Africa a bit longer. Let Tanya go home and have some space to herself for a week or so. Only his brother and sister seem to resemble the mother. The family sees the writing on the wall.

• Love 8

I'm actually shocked at how out of it Larissa is on her follow-up with the surgeon. I mean, are you kidding me? She is seriously messed up. And the doctor is joking and trying to justify it with, "Are you living too clean of a life over there Larissa? The cleaner your life is, the longer sometimes it takes to get out of the anesthesia, you know..." I would be very concerned that the NEXT DAY she is still so drugged up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Oh my lord, please tell me TLC won't be exploitative enough to show Angela visiting her mother on the poor woman's deathbed. 

My cynical side says, of course. If they can, they will. The question is, will Angela go along with it?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder what sort of painkillers she was taking. She should have been a bit more lucid or the surgeon should have kept her overnight at a clinic or hotel.

My husband has had several hours-long surgeries (knee replacements, ankle fusion, etc.) and he's never been that out of it by the time I get to see him, and certainly not hours after the surgery, or even the next day! It's astonishing to me that she's in that condition. That doctor should be asking Ericee exactly how much pain medication he gave her, and not trying to justify her condition. IMHO

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

My cynical side says, of course. If they can, they will. The question is, will Angela go along with it?

Of course she will. We've already seen poor bedridden Mama with a giant melanoma on her chin being questioned whether or not she needed her diaper changed. It makes me wonder what kind of hospice worker Angela is if she couldn't see the signs that her own mother was close to the end of life and she should postpone her trip to Nigeria. I recall her saying before she left "My Mama isn't feeling well, [understatement of the year] but she gave me her blessing to go" then worrying that she might not see her alive again. That didn't stop Angela, so I have no pity for her. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Of course she will. We've already seen poor bedridden Mama with a giant melanoma on her chin being questioned whether or not she needed her diaper changed. It makes me wonder what kind of hospice worker Angela is if she couldn't see the signs that her own mother was close to the end of life and she should postpone her trip to Nigeria. I recall her saying before she left "My Mama isn't feeling well, [understatement of the year] but she gave me her blessing to go" then worrying that she might not see her alive again. That didn't stop Angela, so I have no pity for her. 

She probably didn't want to see that she was close to the end.  It's her own mother.  She also desperately wanted to marry Michael.  Denial was strong with this one. 

• Love 19
15 hours ago, suzywallis said:

She probably didn't want to see that she was close to the end.  It's her own mother.  She also desperately wanted to marry Michael.  Denial was strong with this one. 

Yes, and she even made the comment that no one can take care of her mother like she can.....yet off she goes.

22 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Yes, to drum up sympathy for herself.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, suzywallis said:

She probably didn't want to see that she was close to the end.  It's her own mother.  She also desperately wanted to marry Michael keep the TLC money train on its track.  Denial was strong with this one. 

Fixed it for ya.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

How stupid is Eric? He expected Larissa to be recovered overnight? This guy does not understand the concept of surgery.

My husband who doesn't normally watch with me saw Eric, Larissa, and "the new girls," and said "Those two aren't in love."  There's no way.

• Love 13

Andrei said the wedding costed $30k. I have a feeling Sharp Entertainment paid at least half. I guess they forgot to tell Charlie; not that it’s any of his business.

Perhaps if where Ronald lives in South Africa was in the same area as Syngin’s family, Tiffany would still be there.

The only way Colt “will be a man” is if he moves out and cut the apron strings altogether. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Okay, let’s take bets on which of the current crop of couples will divorce/break up first? 

Ok,      Asuelu and Kalani--divorce

Syngin and Tonia--divorce.  I am shocked that he DIDN'T stay in South Africa.  Hell, I thought it was beautiful. 

Paul and Karine--not even mentioned in this episode.  I PRAY that she gets away from him.

Erickee and Larissa---I see them breaking up eventually.

Angela and Michael--who knows.  He will eventually get to the states, probably.

Colteee and any number of girls, no.  It will be a few years before he grows up enough to get anyone and stay with her.

Andrrrrrreeeiii and Libby---meh, they will probably stick it out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 9/18/2020 at 11:49 AM, MrBuhBye said:

So in addition to the implants the doctor reduced the areolas from “silver dollar” size to “quarter” size.  No wonder the surgery took so long.

Someone should tell Dr. Toolbag he's reduced their value by 75%.  

• LOL 20
  • Love 3

Poor Tania, waiting for Syngin to decide if he will "commit" to her -- despite the fact that Tania told THE WORLD that Syngin was not her soulmate!

I wonder what the family will make of that "soulmate" scene if/when they ever see it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Eric forked over $34K for that surgery. I hope he thinks it was worth it. He had a lot of balls, walking back into a restricted area at the hospital. I can see the producer urging him on, “Go on, go check on her!”

I noticed something weird. When Syngin and Tania went to the airport, they drove the car and parked it there. Same thing with Auselu, he just took the car and left it wherever he caught the shuttle. I’m sure production took the vehicles back to their rental places or whatever, but couldn’t they have had drivers take them to the airports so at least it looked believable?

Charlie is every bride’s nightmare. There’s always that one person that has too much to drink and makes an ass out of themselves. He went beyond that, in my opinion.

• Love 21
52 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I noticed something weird. When Syngin and Tania went to the airport, they drove the car and parked it there. Same thing with Auselu, he just took the car and left it wherever he caught the shuttle. 

We’ve seen Asuelu driving that Chevy before, so I don’t think it’s a rental. I just figured production drove it back to Kalani’s after his dramatic exit. 

• Love 4
On 9/19/2020 at 1:32 AM, alotmorestupider said:

Eric thinks recovering from elective plastic surgery is “devastating”? I’m sure it’s painful but let’s not forget, this endeavor was to achieve bigger boobies and a thinner nose. Their segments are so contrived, with Erickee trying his hardest to muster some emotion for the camera. Get off my TV. 

He likes her my ass.  He’s waiting to be “ discovered” for modeling or a movie contract.  He’s soo gorgeous, ya know.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 9/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, AussieBabe said:

Larissa’s surgery recovery could’ve been skipped. I don’t see an ounce of chemistry between her and Ericee. I guess I should have empathy for her pain, but she chose all of these elective procedures, so it’s hard for me to pull the heart strings. 

I wish Angela would’ve stayed with her mother, but I know she gave her blessing and told her to go. According to her obituary, she passed on 8 February, and they tied the knot on 27 January. I hope Angela was able to say good-bye. Unfortunately Michael was right when he said he didn’t know when he’d see Angela again because Covid came crashing in and closed borders a couple of months later.

I'm desperately trying to see what Kalani sees in Asuelo. Good riddance to Tammy. I don’t know why she has such disdain for Kalani like she trapped her frozen yoghurt serving brother into marriage and beat him over the head with a club to force him to stay with her.

Who the hell goes on vacation to Samoa UNPROTECTED and gets pregnant in this day and age?  Kilani has two children off the bat (adorable, btw) and now he’s gone.  Dumbass.  Now, who’s going to care for those kids financially?  Her family?  They were both in LaLa Land.  Him, still a baby himself.

• Love 13

If I knew a camera crew was coming to film at my house I’d spend a week cleaning and tidying. Not Debbie. I think even Larissa once commented that she’d cleaned the house. That kitchen counter behind the table where Coltee and mommy had their weird conversation was piled high with junk. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

If I knew a camera crew was coming to film at my house I’d spend a week cleaning and tidying. Not Debbie. I think even Larissa once commented that she’d cleaned the house. That kitchen counter behind the table where Coltee and mommy had their weird conversation was piled high with junk. 

I love the slot machine in the corner.  So handy while you’re making a steak.  Everyone should have one.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 9/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, Armchair Critic said:

How big of a sigh of relief did Michael breathe when Angela boarded the plane? 😂

If and when Michael comes to the states, how long will it take for him to “hit the road”, never to be found?  That’s what I want to know.  How will he survive two women and four kids in that house?  Oh, and the other one in jail.  He will be a sex slave, among other things. 

• Love 5

Considering the tiny number of visas from Nigeria, I don't think I'll see Michael here. 

Tania and Syngin, just give up, and divorce, and he goes back to S.A.

Eric and Larissa, how will she support herself in Colorado?  Actually, how will she get more plastic surgery free there?    

Colt and Debbie, how sad to see such a great relationship break up.    Bet he will keep his life private from Deb for two minutes.   

Asuelu, once Kalani found out he was ignoring the quarantine, and endangering the kids, I hope he came home to his junk on the front porch, and a one way ticket on top.    Endangering your own kids is a deal breaker for me, and after he wanted to ignore the measles epidemic in Samoa, and take the boys anyway that would have been it for me.   The nice thing about them divorcing is he gets custody of his horrible relatives.    Also, since Kalani is a SAHM, she won't have to pay him support.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I swore I wouldn’t watch anymore after this season, but, I have to see what’s up with Lana and Varna in Kentucky and all the others on hold waiting, so I guess I’ll be back again like a fool.  Are they all waiting for the green card?  Forget about now with this virus still running around.  P.S. I hate Pillow Talk.  They all are repeating what we already know.  My husband said “. What’s with the fat guy and his new hair growing?  He should of spent the money on liposuction.  Chinese is not fattening, what the hell is he eating?  He looks like rolly polly.

• Love 1