Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Reunion (Part 3)

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Viewers are tearing Rinna a new one on Twitter. Yay!

Check out the replies to Rinna's tweet 😲. (For those who don't use Twitter, you just click on her tweet and read underneath.  She's getting "ratio'd" which means the replies to her tweet are almost as numerous as the likes on it.....Not a good thing...... )

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I like how the narrative shifted in this part from "It was brought up on camera" to "Brandi brought it up on camera". Oh, Brandi? You mean the same Brandi that was sitting in a car, mic'ed up and done up in full Kyle Richards approved glam, waiting for her big break? To film a scene after the Rome trip that they then pretend happened before the Rome trip? That Brandi? Yes, it was on the call sheet a totally spontaneous and organic moment where Brandi tried to be relevant again confessed her secret shame. 

👏

22 minutes ago, Choco9 said:

Also, can you explain what you mean by too fragile?  For hours on end this woman sat there being attacked from all fronts, kept her cool and never struck back.  She even complimented Teddi after she tried to destroy Denise all reunion.  Denise is stronger than pretty much every one of them combined.  Kyle cries every second, Sutton bawls in dressing rooms, Rinna throws glassware at the mere mention of her husband, Erika turns evil incarnate at the drop of a hat, and Teddi Is an insecure exercise addict so scared of being fat again it’s insane.  

Totally agree with this! These women aren't a fraction as tough as Denise. Even strong people can only take so much. 

• Love 23
32 minutes ago, Choco9 said:

I don’t care about being good for the show or not.  Just being a human being, if someone can watch what I just watched and not empathize with Garcelle and Denise dealing with these psychos, I just won’t ever get it. Shrug. 

Well, then, I suppose you'll never get me. Denise pretty much made her own bed here. It's hard for me to empathize with someone who doesn't ever want to admit to being angry or upset and whose story keeps changing. But, you know, I guess we can keep shrugging at each other. 

I think Garcelle will be fine. I am not sure what exactly she "faced" in this reunion except your garden-variety questioning of behavior that always happens at these reunions. She’s not exactly a fragile flower - which I like about her - and overall, I think she came out looking fine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Rinna is one of the worst type of women.  She is a back stabbing opportunistic witch. Rinna will glom onto a female acquaintance  she sees as a ‘rising star’ or someone with clout (lots of followers/fans, fame money, status- the things Rinna values above everything). She will ooh and ahh over this new friend, invite her over for tea, get to know all about her kids and family....then BAM! She will hit her now frenemy with a Mack truck right between the eyes with some sly or slimy innuendo or a tidbit of personal intimate info that was shared during the ‘fawning over a new friend’ stage.  She would sell out her own mother and her 2 overrated, underwhelming daughters if it meant she could make a buck or get mentions on social media.  Any way she can be a shit stirrer to get her name, her over worked face, and her anorexic body some time in the Twitter-verse, she will take it.  She is a wretched waste of DNA (and silicone).  For all the enemies Rinna has made on RHOBH, and the public personas she’s destroyed, I wish they’d all band together and Bring. That. Bitch. DOWN.  

Geez - if you didn't keep saying "Rinna" here and mentioned two daughters, instead of two sons, I would have sworn you were talking about Brandi.  

The description here fits both of them perfectly!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Rinna's reasons for caring about Denise and Brandi are lame. But so are Garcelle's excuses for not showing up to see Erika in Chicago.

I disagree here - there is no reason Rinna should care about Denise and Brandi except for to gossip and embarrass Denise.  Garcelle's excuses I saw as trying to be polite - honesty is not always polite and there's not always a need for it.  "It wasn't worth it to me to fly across country to see Erika perform in a musical I don't really like anyway" is not what normal people say about a friend in front of a group of people.  I thought that little segment just went to show how relentless they are: "Dorit flew commercial!" "Yeah Dorit flew commercial! Why didn't you?"  "Well I had work and my kids."  "So you were lying about the flying!" "Admit you were lying!"  How about you all shut the fuck up?

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dorit was straddling the line of being okay but her kissing Rinna's ass is inexplicable and pathetic.

It's what "this group" calls "moving forward" - trying to get on Rinna's good side before next season's victim is decided 😄 

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I believe Erika said that she didn't want anyone there opening night/week - from her husband to her family to her friends to the other Housewives - because she knew there would be opening jitters and rough patches. She said she wanted to smooth those things out and instead asked people to come see her after the opening week. It doesn't excuse Tom from showing up any other week except the last week (although we don't know his schedule) but Erika said at least once during the show and a few times to outside sources that she wanted that first week as a "trial" run. 

She did say that.  My thought was she wanted him to come at the end for her final night, closing party etc.  I didn't see anything wrong with this.

28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I like how the narrative shifted in this part from "It was brought up on camera" to "Brandi brought it up on camera". Oh, Brandi? You mean the same Brandi that was sitting in a car, mic'ed up and done up in full Kyle Richards approved glam, waiting for her big break? To film a scene after the Rome trip that they then pretend happened before the Rome trip? That Brandi? Yes, it was on the call sheet a totally spontaneous and organic moment where Brandi tried to be relevant again confessed her secret shame. 

AND in one of the other threads (perhaps Denise's) someone posted an article where Brandi tells "the real truth of her affair with Denise" and it's a totally different story than the one she bashfully told in Kyle's bedroom that day.  Surprise surprise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

So with the season pretty much at an end, I think I'm still Team Teddi, as much as I'm Team anyone.  Teddi had one concern with Denise, that Denise secretly despised her while being nice to her face.  Whether that concern is valid or even appropriate and reasonable to have is up for debate, but I do think if Denise had just said in Rome "I have my issues with you, but I never said anything to Brandi", Teddi may have let it go.  Run from the table and sobbed, sure, but Teddi was never all that interested in anything else**.  Denise pretended she was fine with everyone, even when she clearly wasn't (like at Sutton's party, while she was in the middle of storming out), until even she couldn't hold up anymore.  And that's really where I don't get Denise.  She was absolutely in the right all season, and still sympathetic to the end, but she made such trouble for herself and I still don't understand why.  Why brazen out that there was no friendship with Brandi at all?  And she threatens things and then never follows through.  Come on, girl! You know by now wild horses couldn't drag you to the next season.  If you have text messages, show them! 

Garcelle is, in her own way, as cold as Erika.  And yet even she can't get her story straight about why she didn't go to New York.  How hard would it have been to just say "Between work and kids and my custody arrangement, I couldn't take the time off, but I'd hoped to make it before the end of Erika's run."  (And I do think it's different with Tom.  Erika most likely knew from the beginning what Tom had planned.)  If Garcelle does come back, and I realize that's a huge *if*, I'd be interested in seeing her without Denise, and I'd hope she could make it to more group events.

**Denise may or may not have told the truth, that "shit-stirrer" was the worst thing she'd ever said about/to Teddi; I don't know whether I believe her or not.  I can guess that Teddi herself wouldn't think "shit-stirrer" is worse than "pathetic girl who's always lived in her father's shadow". 

• Love 7

Of course Rinna said that she doesn’t like Brandi and Brandi knows that.  Rinna has probably made it very clear to Brandi that she should never try to come for her cuz she won’t hesitate to cut her.  Plus, stating her animosity up front gives Rinna cover for the role she plays in Brandi’s machinations.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Of all the things I can't criticize Erika and Teddi for, it is thinking that Aaron is a gigantic asshole.

I agree I think Aaron is a giant asshole with a fake business. Goodness only knows what the hell he does in his "business."  I really think he is stupid beyond belief. And I think Denise is the man of the house. The orders him around so much. I fully expected her to say "sit" and "stay" at times.

Of all the things I can't criticize Erika and Teddi for, it is thinking that Aaron is a gigantic asshole.

I agree I think Aaron is a giant asshole with a fake business. Goodness only knows what the hell he does in his "business."  I really think he is stupid beyond belief. And I think Denise is the man of the house. The orders him around so much. I fully expected her to say "sit" and "stay" at times.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Thank god this shitty season is over. And because I need to say it one more time, fuck you Rinna, Erika, Teddi and Kyle. 
I zoned out- what was the end result of Aaron and Denise’s hand?

Aaron said he didn’t remember saying he was going to crush Denise’s hand. *eyeroll* 

I’m going to give SLC a try. I’m out on the OC, can’t stand any of those bitches except maybe Shannon, and that’s a big maybe. And I hate that Bravo ruined that show because I watched from S1 E1. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

First, I don't watch this show like I used to. And I'm not that invested in these women/characters. My somewhat detached opinions...

Brandi: Why does she get an ounce of credibility? She's one of the reasons I actually completely stopped watching for a while. She's a shit stirrer and has treated people horribly. Giving her attention and space only makes sense for drama as she was known for that. I think she's the vile one. I thought we were done with her years ago.

Erika: I don't have an issue with her. Regarding comments about her not having female friends, I remember her stating that she has developed friendships with the other women when earlier in her life, she wouldn't have allowed herself to do so. She manages her relationships, including working through confrontation and moving on. I have no issue with her confronting Denise's husband as I found him to be condescending. And regarding when Erika's husband was coming to see her show, who cares. If Denise's sex life is no one's business, so is the decision made on when Erika's husband was going to her show. Not sure why there is judgment here. Every marriage ain't the same.

Garcelle: I like her. However, her reasons for not going with the rest of them to see Erika's play were lame. It was the size of the plane. It was her ex-husband's refusal to change the schedule. She was busy. Whatever. If it's like that, just say you didn't want to go.

Sutton: I actually like her, too. She lives in a different world and has been adjusting to a new one. She seems to have good intentions, though and her mistakes seem harmless enough. Call me, Sutton. I'll hop on a chartered Gulf Stream any day.

Rinna: Shut up. This Denise thing became the season. I didn't get the Heather Locklear comment as I guess I wasn't paying attention back in 1948 when that happened. But apparently Heather Locklear reached out to Brandi recently. And since the pages of texts in Lisa's hands must have originated with Brandi, what exactly is the connection here? It certainly doesn't sound positive. They're 11 and this is exhausting.

Kyle: Oh never mind..... I've run out of F's to give for the day.

That was more than I thought I would type!

Edited by nichelle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Or how about a second BH  show with Denise, Garcelle and LVP and a couple of fresh faces. We could have a ratings was. Guess who would win.

MTE! I'd genuinely enjoy watching all three of them. I do not want to hate watch. 

• Love 15

Ok, I’m just going to jump in here, because we’re all entitled to our own opinions, but we’re not entitled to our own facts, so I am going to lay out the facts as I see them, whilst giving credence to the idea that what I am going to say is tinged with my opinion, as I think it’s impossible to be completely unbiased:  

Kyle and the tabloids

Kyle gave that storyline life all of season four.  She didn’t want LVP talking about it in front of Portia, sure, but everything else from Kyle’s mouth that season was “the tabloids”—the tabloids that could destroy her family, the tabloids that LVP may or may not have put in Brandi’s suitcase so that they could be in full view in Palm Springs, Kyle complaining about the tabloids at a dinner party and Michael (Joyce’s husband) saying that showing the tabloids is the worst thing you can do to someone (which I found kind of odd, as I’ve always thought the worst thing you could do to someone is physical torture).  But Kyle was talking about this all the time.  She said it wasn’t true that Mauricio was cheating, but she kept bringing it up, probably because she realized she was on an ensemble cast on a reality show and she needed to drive a story or she would be cut.

A better example of Kyle’s hypocrisy vis a vis Denise

When Kyle tried to shut Kathryn down from saying anything derogatory about Faye Resnick through threat and literally speaking over Kathryn at the reunion, when Kathryn had a legitimate beef with Faye because Faye had written a book about the OJ trial and she had written that Nicole Brown Simpson was having an affair with Marcus Allen, Kathryn’s then-husband, and Kathryn turned a blind eye, and the affair was what got Nicole killed.  Kyle’s reasoning was that Faye “didn’t sign up for this.”  Right, so Faye showed up to every event camera ready and miked up at gunpoint I guess?  Kyle is a completely hypocritical bitch for this, much more so than the tabloids.

Lisa Rinna and “the Husband”

It’s simply not true that Lisa Rinna wouldn’t allow Kim to speak about Harry Hamlin.  At the restaurant in Amsterdam, yes, LisaR broke a glass and went for Kim’s throat.  Yes, after filming wrapped, LisaR texted Kim that Kim had better be careful or LisaR was going to “fuck [her] up.”  That was all stuff LisaR had to answer for.  But at the season five reunion, this fact is often ignored—everyone—with the possible exception of Brandi, who was Kim’s wingman, including Yolanda, including LisaR, urged Kim to divulge what she meant in reference to “the husband.”  Everyone said that if Kim was going to put something nefarious out there, that LisaR deserved to know, so that she could defend against it.  They were literally begging Kim to say it—Andy, LisaR, with her famously disgusting rhetoric of “Did Harry fuck the dog?” and Kim wouldn’t comply.  It went on for a long time and eventually they just had to move on.  

So I don’t care where anyone comes out on the issues, but the fundamental difference between Kyle and Lisa Rinna on the one hand and Denise on the other is that Kyle and Lisa really, really want to keep their diamonds, and they will pay to play, and Denise takes her toys and goes home.  I can’t back someone who doesn’t have their head in the game, and I think the best choice Denise could make was leaving the show.  

I don’t buy that they are all jealous either of four million dollars (pretax) over four years either.  That’s not that much money, especially for people living in Southern California.  Lisa Rinna got paid seven figures just for doing the Depends commercial.  Tom Girardi owns a freaking private plane and they live on an acre in Pasadena.  Mauricio may be bogged down in lawsuits, but Kyle’s family has some serious cash that has only increased over the seasons.  Her property is also very sizable for LA.  Dorit lives in a six million dollar home.  Sutton is loaded.  The only one who might blush at a million dollars a year—which is only netting about $600,000 after taxes—would be Garcelle in all likelihood, and she clearly doesn’t care.  

The other thing I don’t understand is blaming the words over the actions.  That’s been a trend in society—someone can take action that is wrong, and other people will talk about it, and the people who talk about the bad act get more backlash that the original offender.  

In this instance, I can’t relate to the idea of “who cares” and “it is nobody’s business” whether Denise cheated on Aaron and the notion that Denise’s cast mates are horrible people for “trying to rip apart a family” by discussing Denise’s alleged bad act.  I could understand either sentiment on its own, but I can’t understand them both at the same time.  Either cheating is bad or its not.  There is no world in which cheating is a judgment-free act, but people who discuss cheating are not just naughty, but awful.  That’s some heavy cognitive dissonance right there. 

This was a bad season, but, eh, whatever, I’ll be back.  The first five seasons of this show were so boring and I hung in there and it got so much better in seasons 6-8.  I would like to see everybody get a comeuppance, but I’m not that heavily invested.  This isn’t real life.  It’s not fiction, but it’s in the ether between reality and fantasy in that it’s reality TV.  No one had to be here who didn’t sign up for this, so I will save my excessive pity for people who got dealt a really shitty hand in life, and not for someone who sort of got thrown under a bus and then just kept digging her own grave when she had about 9,000 opportunities to turn it around.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

In this instance, I can’t relate to the idea of “who cares” and “it is nobody’s business” whether Denise cheated on Aaron and the notion that Denise’s cast mates are horrible people for “trying to rip apart a family” by discussing Denise’s alleged bad act.  I could understand either sentiment on its own, but I can’t understand them both at the same time.  Either cheating is bad or its not.  There is no world in which cheating is a judgment-free act, but people who discuss cheating are not just naughty, but awful.  That’s some heavy cognitive dissonance right there. 

I personally think cheating is awful and have never been a cheater nor stayed with a cheater. Let's say Aaron knows for a fact Denise cheated on him, I wouldn't blame the guy one bit for leaving. But good people do mess up. I've had friends cheat on their partners. I maintain those friendships so long as they're mostly good people and treat me kindly. (Now a lot of cheaters are just consistently shady and awful and not any more good to their friends than they are to their romantic partners.) Anytime a friend has confided something in me or I hear gossip that can hurt someone, I keep it to myself. I don't see the point in spreading stuff just because it's true. More often that not, nothing good can come from it. If I hear something bad that has to be shared in order to protect others, that's a different story. What is a friendship dealbreaker for me is the behavior I've seen from Rinna, Kyle, Erika, and Teddi. I wouldn't keep a friendship where someone repeatedly screamed at me, ganged up on me, pushed me to expose my sex life, or humiliated me. And honestly, if my only choices for a romantic partner were either someone who's typically sweet to me but messes up or someone who's not an adulterer but plain nasty, I am picking the former too. That may be controversial to some people. Also, while this isn't my style and I'm guessing not most people's on here either, Denise and Aaron do obviously have a looser relationship. 

Also, I always enjoy your thoughtful, well-written posts even if we don't see eye to eye! It's interesting how we all see things differently. I just thought I'd explain why I am "Team Denise" and grossed out by most of the cast even if I'm anti-cheating. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t buy that they are all jealous either of four million dollars (pretax) over four years either.

The actual dollar amount is a separate issue aside from what it represents. The backstories do not pertain except for how they leveraged them as invitations to the show, and the occasional luxe but often bland settings they provide.

But the show is their shared playpen and it indeed matters greatly to them if Daddy visibly loves one of them much, much more than the others. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

“I don’t buy that they are all jealous either of four million dollars (pretax) over four years either.”

I don’t buy it either.

Who is this Richards person Denise is constantly fucking? Do Aaron and Brandi know about them?

All in all, an ok season. Not the best we’ve had but still watchable. Will definitely be tuning in next season.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, EmZeeGee said:

It also stretches credulity that "it's simply not true" that Rinna wouldn't allow Kim to speak about Harry when at the time she lunged for her throat and broke a glass in her face in a rage.

Fair enough.  I said I was sticking to facts, so I have to admit that you have a point there.  Even though I acknowledged the glass breaking and going for the throat as if Lisa was some kind of character from The Outsiders, I would have been more accurate in my speech if I had said “it’s simply not true that Lisa never allowed Kim to speak about Harry.“  

I completely understand that all situations have moving parts, and no two things are exactly alike, and it’s fair to make comparisons as well as it’s fair to point out where the situations contrast.  There’s only so much I can convey in a post, and I appreciate an honest back and forth.

My original point was to clear up some misconceptions, namely the ideas—not directed at only posters in particular—that Kyle shut down all talk of the tabloids, Lisa shut down all talk about Harry, production listened to them and nobody spoke of those issues again as soon as Lisa/Kyle put the kibosh on the storylines, but they all want Denise to spill every last detail of her life at the point of a pitchfork.  The last part about Denise is probably accurate, and the rest is just not what happened. 

I’m just saying that a better description of what happened was that Kyle and Lisa tried to spin their narratives in their favor, but it was something they were willing to engage in, which is a horse of a different color from Denise.  Neither of them tried to block Bravo from airing footage that we know of, and neither sent the network any cease and desists.  I think the best Housewife to compare Denise’s behavior to would be Adrienne’s with regard to the surrogate.  

Speaking only for myself and how I view the events that unfolded on the show, I think it would have been a much bigger deal if Denise wanted to quote-unquote face her accuser (Brandi), but she was denied an opportunity.  Yes, Brandi came on the show first, and she was given an audience in a very contrived scene at Kyle’s house and again at the baby shower, but I got the impression that Brandi would have said it to Denise’s face, and it was Denise who demurred at that suggestion (the fact that Denise sent a cease and desist to the network in an unsuccessful attempt to get them to scrap all of Brandi’s footage speaks to this).  

As far as a cheating scandal not rocking an entire franchise, I agree that the enormity of this one issue showed how shallow and creatively bankrupt the show has become, but it’s also different from Atlanta, because on Atlanta, the person whose significant other who was allegedly cheating was a friend of, so that would be as if Sutton had a cheating scandal and it dominated the whole season, which is a little different.  As far as Potomac, if we’re talking about this season and Ashley, I think it’s different because Ashley took the info well and didn’t deny it happened or called the people who brought her the news liars, so there was nothing to pick sides over.  If we’re talking about last season and Michael’s butt-grabbing scandal, that really did dominate the show, at least in the second half of the season, and it dominated the reunion.  So I see some shades of difference, and I also admit that this season had nothing without the Denise controversies, which is a sign that the show is lopsided and needs some major tweaks.  

So clearly I’m not Team Denise—I’m not Team [anyone], as someone else pointed out upthread, but I agree that we all have our own perspectives, and I respect everyone’s opinion.  I think, regardless of which side you’re on, this season has been incredibly frustrating at times, and more boring than the usual boring fare of RHBH.  I’m just not at the point where I’m going to quit it, probably because it wasn’t quite as much as a train wreck as Atlanta, which I think had even more redundancy this past season, and that coupled with the fights that almost got physical a bunch of times, made it far worse for my viewing pleasure, so comme ce, comme ca. 

Bravo has one last chance to attempt to entertain us this next week.  My DVR says that there’s a special footage show that will reveal the behind the scenes info about “Bravo, Bravo, Bravo,” and then the season is one for the books.  I won’t miss it.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Or how about a second BH  show with Denise, Garcelle and LVP and a couple of fresh faces. We could have a ratings war. Guess who would win.

I would like to watch this show. I hate the current cast on the original show.

• Love 14

I finally watched about 10 minutes of the final reunion show and had to turn it off.  Rinna looks and sounds like a real hag, she should be dumped from the show.  I seriously doubt that will happen they seem like they’re all drinking her brew.  I’m done I don’t need or want this drivel in my life.

• Love 12

I missed that some here had asked what I meant by saying Denise is "too fragile" for the show.

I meant that she is too unwilling to hear criticism and deal with conflict face-to-face - to the point where she physically runs away from it. And her solution to a narrative she doesn't like is again to withdraw and threaten legal action. 

She's way too conflict-avoidant and IMO seemingly not in touch with her own feelings. Apparently admitting to being upset and angry is too much for her, so we have this constant mantra of "I'm not upset" when she clearly is. If she can't admit to that and her only coping mechanism is to run away or sue the show, then this kind of a show isn't for her.

Truly, I don't dislike her but I don’t think she's some kind of martyr and I don’t think this show is right for her. She made the right decision in choosing to leave.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, sheshark said:

The jealousy of Denise’s salary is so clear to see on Rinna, Vyle, Erika and Teddi.  Denise is not married to nor the daughter of a millionaire.  Tired of the pile on.  Rinna has to go.  Her lips actually make me ill.

I was surprised that Lisa didn't complain about Denise's salary to Andy on the show. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Kyle looks like the wicked Queen Grimhilde in Snow White in that getup and hairstyle. Since Kyle has constantly throughout this reunion and season preached to Denise about being honest, why didn't anyone (Andy?) ask Kyle to be honest about her life and her husband's alleged shady business dealings and affairs? Rinna has now morphed into the Joker in Bat Man and should be a regular on Botched. She truly looked and acted psychotic throughout the entire reunion. Why didn't anyone (Andy?) ask the Jokester about why she has never "owned it" about ole Harry and their marriage? Also, why is she so damn angry about something that is none of her business? And, why are Erika and Teddi angry? I wonder if Erika is angry that her husband didn't even make it to one show of her dream tour? And is Teddi angry because Kyle is? These women are the absolutely worst!!    

• LOL 1
  • Love 23