Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Kerstin Lindquist: Bad to the (Pubic) Bone

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

It’s a very “in” thing to have chickens, to have the “freshest eggs possible,” I guess. 😒  I don’t know how big her lot is, but in my suburban neighborhood, I would not want chickens next door.

If one of them turns out to be a rooster, the neighbors are not going to be happy.  Roosters crow 24/7, 365, 366 in leap years.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 9

The people across the alley have chickens. For the longest time I couldn't figure out whose child was always crying. Chickens make a variety of noises, all annoying. The people let the chickens out in the yard occasionally. One time the chickens were unattended and there was a very, very large hawk circling overhead. I watched with great interest. No chickens were harmed.

If your regular life is too stressful to handle, why would you decide to add another burden? 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

12 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Pssst!

question: Why did the chicken cross the road?

answer: To get away from Kirsten.

🤣🤣🤣 You win Post of the Day!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Can David get his own thread? He's no less worthy of vitriol as Kerstin or Shawn.

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

Can David get his own thread? He's no less worthy of vitriol as Kerstin or Shawn.

I agree. It would be fun to come up with a name for it too!! Get your creative juices flowing and put your thinking caps on!!  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hummingbird said:

tales of a happy dancer

Tiny Dancer.  With theme song by Elton John. 

• Laugh 2

14 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

Would his thread also just repeat the same stock comments, over and over again? 😜🤣

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

6 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

Would his thread also just repeat the same stock comments, over and over again? 😜🤣

Most likely.

• Like 1

Ugh, Keirstin has faux tanned the palms of her hands and her peek-a-boo shoulder blends in with the color of the hardwood floor. 😲

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

is that a problem?

I think you missed my joke: the thread, then, would be just like the subject's on-air presentations.

This is why my career in stand-up comedy never got off the launchpad. 😂

Edited by MisterShrug · Reason: Included the stand-up ref.
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Is that a PLW top ? It has that tell tale ripped and shredded look.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Is that a PLW top ? It has that tell tale ripped and shredded look.

Mrs. Shrug turned on the TV and said Kerstin looked like she was wearing something she found in the dumpster behind Goodwill.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

You know, it’s a certain “look,” which I’m not sure is appropriate — unless it appeals to a younger demographic.  Just doesn’t seem work appropriate.

In the same way, I sometimes find MaryBeth’s look to be too “church lady,” so there’s that.

There must be something in-between — Leah? Sandra? Jayne Brown?  Courtney? Amy? Jenn?

• Like 7

I hope looking destitute isn't trending because Drew Barrymore puts Kerstinky's tattered holy sweater to shame walking down a NYC street this week barefoot and braless in wornout sweats on a cold winter day!

20210319_011343_resize_33.jpg.2a30cabc197d657bcdffe4a95fde5086.jpg20210319_011318_resize_93.jpg.abd065b6c5e4204bb32e8b7bc51245ff.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 2

Drew’s always been a bit grunge in her everyday attire. Timing was interesting since it was taken around the time Gov. Cuomo’s daughter was also photographed walking barefoot outside. Keirstin, on the other hand, seems to dress like that as her way to impress people at work. Not a good look for her. And that faux tan looked uneven. On a couple of camera shots, her shoulder blended right in with the floor color so that it was hard to see where one ended and the other began. They must not have a stylist for her.

• Like 4

Walking barefoot anywhere in NYC is not only moronic, but dangerous.  In addition to the usual debris, garbage and hardware, I have come across the stray used needle as of late. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Walking barefoot anywhere in NYC is not only moronic, but dangerous.  In addition to the usual debris, garbage and hardware, I have come across the stray used needle as of late. 

Thank you.  NO SHIT.  Who the hell would walk barefooted in NYC?  An idiot.  Needles all over the place, piss and shit.  GROSS ! ! ! !!

• Like 4

Drew can't duck into a deli and get something to eat. No shoes, no shirt, no service.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

I was under the impression that Drew has been clean from substance abuse for many years. This no shoes in the middle of the city thing looks like something somebody would do if they were under the influence of something that would impede good judgment. Hoping it was just that she was so consumed with remembering to wear her mask that that she forgot her shoes.

I really want to barf right now, and not just from seeing Kerstin sprawled out on the Serta.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I hope looking destitute isn't trending because Drew Barrymore puts Kerstinky's tattered holy sweater to shame walking down a NYC street this week barefoot and braless in wornout sweats on a cold winter day!

20210319_011343_resize_33.jpg.2a30cabc197d657bcdffe4a95fde5086.jpg20210319_011318_resize_93.jpg.abd065b6c5e4204bb32e8b7bc51245ff.jpg

Would it be so hard to put some flip-flops on ? Does she do this on the regular ? Funny they call it an "outfit". Well, the top and bottom match, so she's got that going for her. 🙄🤦‍♀️

• Laugh 4

Did she have another meltdown?

Alberti is hosting alone saying she has the day off and "sends her much love."

I'm surprised they didn't bring in a replacement for such a long show unless this was last minute?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3

29 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Did she have another meltdown?

Alberti is hosting alone saying she has the day off and "sends her much love."

I'm surprised they didn't bring in a replacement for such a long show unless this was last minute?

The odds are always good that the answer is “yes.” 😛

We wondered if her absence today was related to the Lobster’s accident/injury that she mentioned the other day.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

The odds are always good that the answer is “yes.” 😛

We wondered if her absence today was related to the Lobster’s accident/injury that she mentioned the other day.

Do tell.

Sadly, Kerstin's Mom passed away yesterday. This was posted on IG. I can't post picture here.  Kerstin sounds devastated.  It may take her a long time to recover already being at her breaking point. She may be off air awhile. I didn't know her Mom was that sick and surprised she recently went into hospice care.

20210320_141453_compress29.thumb.jpg.954fc73039bfa7abb729c5d117e68fec.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Sad 11

51 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Do tell.

I didn’t see it, but Mrs. Shrug said Kerstin said he had a fall (don’t know if it was at work or home), had broken ribs and was laid up at home.

Edited by MisterShrug · Reason: Clarify who said what
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 2

Very sad news about Kerstin's mother. She had posted a few days ago that her mother was in hospice, so I figured she was going to pass very soon.

• Like 6

Very hard to lose your Mother, I don't think you ever get over it😢

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Elle820 said:

Very hard to lose your Mother, I don't think you ever get over it😢

Yes.  Mine was 93 and I feel the same.  Kerstin’s was only 73 — two years older than my oldest sister.  My condolences to Kerstin and her family.

• Like 12

Very sad and could explain a lot over recent weeks. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

9 hours ago, hummingbird said:

true

she should take some time away from SM and the Q to take care of herself 

I agree, but I don’t think she can stay away from social media. She seems to need the validation she gets from complete strangers (as do some of the other hosts).

Edited by Booney
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, Burly said:

Very sad and could explain a lot over recent weeks. 

Yes.  She had posted at some point back in late January or early February that her mother was going to have to be placed in a facility fairly soon.  Some of her posts from the holidays were quite heartbreaking, in terms of describing her mother's behavior.  Someone I was very close to, like a second father to me, was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's.  It is very difficult in end stage Alzheimer's to care for someone at home, no matter what your intent is when you start caring for them.   I painfully recognized just how far down the road Kerstin's mother was in terms of the disease, if that's what she had.  Kerstin's posts always hash tagged dementia, so it could well be that versus Alzheimer's.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Be prepared if you happen to browse Kerstin's social media. Kerstin gave far too many details of her mom's dementia, and now has apparently removed any trace of dignity from her death. I am horrified.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 8

@Day2Day I was horrified when I looked, I had to look away. It's so haunting, disturbing (especially Kerstinky's facial expression) and perhaps unethical.  

Kerstinky says she'll be back for one day Monday then off another week!! Hope she doesn't have the nerve to go on a Spring Break vacation to a Caribbean island or theme park!!

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

I was horrified too. Kerstin took away the poor deceased lady's privacy and dignity. Something is really messed up with a person who thinks it's a good idea to post things like that on public social media.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I was horrified too. Kerstin took away the poor deceased lady's privacy and dignity. Something is really messed up with a person who thinks it's a good idea to post things like that on public social media.

Social Media is a horrible thing for family members of attention seekers. They will share things that should be kept in the family, just for a thumbs up 😞

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I can’t access the IG, but I don’t like the pictures either. 

There is something sacred about the clasped hands of loved ones, especially before one physically departs this world. If that’s what I’m seeing. It isn’t, to me, a photo op.

There is nothing social about impending death. A person’s final moments are not an event to share, an informal gathering for a mortality club. Nor is it something to be broadcasted.

• Like 10

Coincidentally, within the last twenty minutes, I found this passage in a local paper from years ago. The author was acknowledging the closing of a church and its last Mass. The reference to “the final touch of a parent”  was particularly poignant to me. And how timely, regarding Kerstin (and another host’s picture of her dying father’s hand).

A9B446C1-2CF6-4406-B5DE-6CAB1D9F0DF0.jpeg.9f20003c9443fcad8eafa771abad4ff5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I can’t access the IG, but I don’t like the pictures either. 

There is something sacred about the clasped hands of loved ones, especially before one physically departs this world. If that’s what I’m seeing. It isn’t, to me, a photo op.

There is nothing social about impending death. A person’s final moments are not an event to share, an informal gathering for a mortality club. Nor is it something to be broadcasted.

It wasn't the clasping of the still-living person's hand that upset me so much. It was the coffin picture. The final moments were long gone.

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

It wasn't the clasping of the still-living person's hand that upset me so much. It was the coffin picture. The final moments were long gone.

I’m not on Instagram, but was able to see some photos, not all .  Only the “hand” one, which I also do not think was so awful.  But casket??  On social media??   Eek.   I guess some people grieve so much, they want to share? 

• Like 2

All I know is that when I was holding my mother's hand as she passed, the last thing on my mind was "where's a camera?" I just don't and never will understand the social media obsession.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1