Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E19: Eviction #6, Head of Household #7

• Start Topic

Julie's jacket was fugly, Franzel's round collared blouse looked like something my mom would have ordered from the Sears catalogue for me in 1988, and Dani's dress looked like a circus tent made out of bacon. 

That was my biggest take-away from this episode. *yawn*

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

Well, at least last episode was fun.  I imagine that was the most excitement we'll see for the rest of the season.  I am fully prepared for someone who is not Day, Kevin or David to win HOH and we're back to our regularly scheduled evictions.  Sigh.

At least this week reminded me why I really don't like Ian very much.  Entitled and way too arrogant about his skills.  Tyler:  before BB22 I couldn't care less about Tangela or your vegan cooking jewelry businesses...now I actively dislike them due to your over-marketing.  If I wanted to watch HSN, I would change the channel.  It's gotten so bad that I was irritated by his pepper chopping and bowl of brussel sprouts.   I may go eat a hamburger in protest.

• LOL 14
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Well, at least last episode was fun.  I imagine that was the most excitement we'll see for the rest of the season.  I am fully prepared for someone who is not Day, Kevin or David to win HOH and we're back to our regularly scheduled evictions.  Sigh.

At least this week reminded me why I really don't like Ian very much.  Entitled and way too arrogant about his skills.  Tyler:  before BB22 I couldn't care less about Tangela or your vegan cooking jewelry businesses...now I actively dislike them due to your over-marketing.  If I wanted to watch HSN, I would change the channel.  It's gotten so bad that I was irritated by his pepper chopping and bowl of brussel sprouts.   I may go eat a hamburger in protest.

I really don't understand why he thought that was a good idea. Tyler, not the time buddy...not the time. And we get it - you love Angela. Even Angela must be annoyed by this now.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, leocadia said:

100%. Barring more special powers or machinations by the mysterious next door neighbour, this is exactly what is going to happen. 

I do think there might be some fun when there are just four or five left tho. But that's not for awhile, sadly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Tyler telling Ian about his alliance in the good bye message... When has it ever been allowed to tell jury members info like that??

I hate when we don't see the full HOH comp.

They’re allowed to say pretty much whatever they want in their goodbye messages. Part of Paul’s demise was flat out lying in his messages claiming not to know how that person got voted out, while the next person would say “I’m in this alliance with Paul, etc etc and we decided to vote you out.”  Tyler knew Ian would respect the strategy behind getting him out. It’s pretty much last step of jury management in the BB house, to know what words in your goodbye message will help you get that person’s vote. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I do think there might be some fun when there are just four or five left tho. But that's not for awhile, sadly. 

We say that every year. "Oh, when they have to start cannibalizing each other, it'll be fun!" Except it never is and the boot list is ordered and expected and everyone just lays down to take their turn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

5-3. Pretty much what everyone thought would be the closest the vote would be. Nicole could have made it a tie and let Dani be the bad guy, but she doesn't possess the nerve to go against 'The Committee'. I hope they use this week against her and she cries all the way to jury. But if she does make it to the end, Ian will probably vote for her anyway. Very little game this season.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Whenever someone in the giant alliance refers to "The Committee", it sounds like creepy cult speak.

Yes! You put your finger right on it. I couldn't figure out why it bothered me so much! 

• Love 6

Nicole wondering about her place on the totem pole?  Lmao.  The best time to consider that, when in a comically large alliance, is when all your options have hit the road.  But then again, she might just think she's playing the viewers with her over-the-top concern for Ian.  

• Love 2

So, this is the first time I thought it would be a close, and tie vote, and that Dani would break the tie, and vote Ian out.  I did not realize Nicole would actually vote Ian out.

Did Ian really say that he would only vote for Dani to win if she was up against David, Day, and Kevin for it?  Meaning, he doesn't respect those 3 as players?  

Was Memphis really threatening Nicole?

Did Nicole get some kind of surgery to shrink her nostrils?

Googling an old picture of her, well, wow.  That answers that.

9sss-3.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

100%. Barring more special powers or machinations by the mysterious next door neighbour, this is exactly what is going to happen. 

LOL!

2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Whenever someone in the giant alliance refers to "The Committee", it sounds like creepy cult speak.

I just think about how they ALL have to be white, with a majority of them blonde.  So creepy.

Julie:  Don't judge, or you too will be judged.

Excuse me?  What am I going to be judged for?  It wasn't me that raped a bunch of women at my workplace.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I just think about how they ALL have to be white, with a majority of them blonde.  So creepy.

That's some Village of the Damned business.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Translation:" In case you didn't get it last week when Julie mentioned to be kind to one another, this is a reminder that we read Twitter and TMZ and will only address what's going on in the live feed in cryptic send offs. Good night."

• Love 6

While the casuals will hate Dani (and probably love Nicole) I'm happy that she's honest that she wanted Ian out and was just hoping to make him feel safe.  The bit about still wanting to work with Da'Vonne seemed like a DR script though, the producers are desperate to keep any kind of suspense.  That's why they are still pushing Tyler to say how upset he is at Dani.

Nicole was obviously upset at her connection with Memphis's bad joke about Ian.  Memphis just likes joking about anything and that seems part of his social game.  Nicole may have even said she wanted to quit the house as well because of worry over the audience reaction, so that could be playing into her actions (not that it worked for Tyler lol, as other players will want to keep the weak ones around).  I always thought her final 2 was with Cody anyway, she's just making out it was with Ian as it helps fit the storyline she's pushing. 

I was laughing at the scene early on when she was resting while crying on the hammock, and then Ian comes over and starts rocking the hammock furiously.  She probably wanted to get off but it was necessary to continue the crying to keep up the act.  I was hoping they would miss out her goodbye message on the episode, would have been funny.

The HoH competition didn't look like it would take that long.  No doubt not shown on live feed either.  Yes people can get spoilers but that doesn't replace actually watching, the problem is the audience are so to this they are conditioned to it.  BBOTT had the revolutionary concept of not doing blackouts, of course that couldn't last long as it might make people see how limited the main version is.  I remember the Australian version had a competitions night where they were shown live as an additional episode.  The live concept of Big Brother works best when it's scheduled and integrated properly with the episodes.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I was laughing at the scene early on when she was resting while crying on the hammock, and then Ian comes over and starts rocking the hammock furiously.

That was so funny! Here she's trying to relax and cry, then next minute she's almost getting flung off the hammock! Anyone else would have said "Please either stop or let me off" but as you said, that would have ruined her scene 😁😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Tyler telling Ian about his alliance in the good bye message... When has it ever been allowed to tell jury members info like that??

Josh did it in season 19 and he won against Paul. I think Tyler is copying him.

• Useful 1

I don't know what Julie's clothing budget is now that hubby is no longer in charge...but whoever is dressing her is terrible.  the necklaces???  the giant horn with another with an asian word.....the jacket was horrible...the it wasn't even lined with the material properly.  she used to look so classically elegant...now she looks like they shop for her at Claire's.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Excuse me?  What am I going to be judged for?  It wasn't me that raped a bunch of women at my workplace.

What is WITH her and these messages?  She enunciates them so slowly and oddly that I keep thinking she's talking in code.  Is she giving us her thoughts on the houseguests?  Is she talking to the live-feed watchers?  Is she weirdly defending her husband and throwing shade at CBS?  This time she was paraphrasing a Bible passage from the book of Matthew.  Are we supposed to hunt for clues?  Does this mean that Matt Hoffman is going to move in next door?  She clearly wants someone to BE KIND and NOT JUDGE - but who?  Me?  What did I do??

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, watch2much said:

I don't know what Julie's clothing budget is now that hubby is no longer in charge...but whoever is dressing her is terrible. 

I don't know. I've always enjoyed Julie's pattern of wearing several tasteful, elegant outfits in a row followed by one that's completely insane, like she got dressed in the dark. For a hoedown. 

I agree that last night's outfit was unusually bad and tacky looking, but I figured it was just time for her hoedown outfit. 😁

Edited by Melina22
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What is WITH her and these messages?  She enunciates them so slowly and oddly that I keep thinking she's talking in code.  Is she giving us her thoughts on the houseguests?  Is she talking to the live-feed watchers? 

They are weird. Especially after so many years of the same send off. And if I recall correctly, they just started. I personally think that the answer is, yes. She's trying to do some damage control because the folks inside the house can't. (Though CBS did issue a statement about Memphis).

I did find one beautiful conspiracy theory on this though. I noted the first time I noticed her doing this that she sounded like Ellen. However I didn't connect it to the news about Ellen's employees coming out that she is not so great of a person. So the theory is that maybe she's gunning to be a replacement?

How much I agree with this I don't know, but I do love a good conspiracy theory so I'm willing to entertain it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

They are weird. Especially after so many years of the same send off. And if I recall correctly, they just started. I personally think that the answer is, yes. She's trying to do some damage control because the folks inside the house can't. (Though CBS did issue a statement about Memphis).

I did find one beautiful conspiracy theory on this though. I noted the first time I noticed her doing this that she sounded like Ellen. However I didn't connect it to the news about Ellen's employees coming out that she is not so great of a person. So the theory is that maybe she's gunning to be a replacement?

How much I agree with this I don't know, but I do love a good conspiracy theory so I'm willing to entertain it.

Christmas would be all over that. Instead of Julie's insincere prose at the end ~ I completely agree that you should be kind, above all else, & that judging is as bad as the offense that one is judging, theoretically, however, my husband is not a rapist, & I'm not standing by, supporting that, even if it's just by keeping my mouth shut ~ Christmas could drop one of her Christmas jingle poems. Fun for everyone.

Ian is so polarizing to me. I really, really feel for the guy when he finds out all of the things that the people he thought were his friends said about his autism. It breaks my heart, & it's so not fair. I think that's why Julie went at him with all of the love & virtual hugs. But, then, he shows a total jerk reaction & says that he won't vote for Dani unless she's up against 1 of the 3 POC, then named them by name, for good measure. Also, then, those exact same 3 POC, were the only ones who voted to save him, the people he likes, who were making fun of him behind his back, all voted to kick him to the curb. He's just a very polarizing player, & I hope that this is the last we see of him. Also, Dan is the far superior player, & a potted cactus would've beaten him that season. That jury wasn't voting for a former winner, Ian, you ain't all that. 

On another note, if they really want to shake up the game, do away with the jury house & don't sequester the jurors. Let Ian see how all of them made fun of him. Then, we'll see if he really thinks Dani deserves a vote. That would honestly be the easiest way to truly shake up the game.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

The first time she did it, I didn't think it was about the house but about BLM and/or Covid and mask wearing. Or just generally encouraging people to be nice and get along. But honestly, it could be something entirely different. 

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

How much would it suck if the neighbor is Ian?   Given Covid, I can't imagine that there will be a Jury House far far away from the BB House.  It makes sense for the Jury House to be in the same location as the BB House.

I must have speculated on this in another thread. It's not a spoiler cause I have zero proof, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the jury house is on the lot because of Covid. Like I said, I don't know for sure, and it certainly wouldn't be a great looking jury house, but it is possible.

• Useful 3

Still, I really want there to be a cranky neighbor moving next door to the BB House.  With my luck, it will probably be some insufferable douche bag from a past season that absolutely annoyed the crap out of me.

Here comes "Mr. Pectacular"!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Not that it did him much good, but I've always wanted someone on the block to tell people "if you vote me out, you will lose my vote in the jury if you are F2." It's not as if he had anything to lose.

And God bless her, at least Nicole tried, and she was right: they may never get another chance to get rid of Tyler. What's really baffling is that this "Committee" is comprised of Cody, Memphis, Enzo, Dani, Christmas and Nicole . . . right? So Tyler isn't even part of it and they still don't want to get rid of him because he's a "shield"? That's not really very smart. I know they all have side alliances and so forth, but this is getting ridiculous. Sooner or later, Da'Vonne, Kevin and David will be gone. Tyler is a huge threat to win. They should have taken their shot when they had it.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Not that it did him much good, but I've always wanted someone on the block to tell people "if you vote me out, you will lose my vote in the jury if you are F2." It's not as if he had anything to lose.

And God bless her, at least Nicole tried, and she was right: they may never get another chance to get rid of Tyler. What's really baffling is that this "Committee" is comprised of Cody, Memphis, Enzo, Dani, Christmas and Nicole . . . right? So Tyler isn't even part of it and they still don't want to get rid of him because he's a "shield"? That's not really very smart. I know they all have side alliances and so forth, but this is getting ridiculous. Sooner or later, Da'Vonne, Kevin and David will be gone. Tyler is a huge threat to win. They should have taken their shot when they had it.

No, Tyler is part of the alliance not Enzo.

Edited by amazingracefan
better punctuation
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

What was up with Julie getting all verklempt and having a moment with a loss for words and then saying, “Ian, I am just very impressed with you” like she was a proud mama bear? That seemed unusual to me. She seemed almost misty eyed.

IMHO that was the Chenbot algorithmic translation for “Thank you Ian for not blowing up nuclear all over live TV.”

3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I don't know. I've always enjoyed Julie's pattern of wearing several tasteful, elegant outfits in a row followed by one that's completely insane, like she got dressed in the dark. For a hoedown. 

I agree that last night's outfit was unusually bad and tacky looking, but I figured it was just time for her hoedown outfit. 😁

I dunno - I kinda like Julie getting a little skankadelic....  😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Melina22 said:

15 hours ago, Callaphera said:

We say that every year. "Oh, when they have to start cannibalizing each other, it'll be fun!" Except it never is and the boot list is ordered and expected and everyone just lays down to take their turn. 

I got some nifty schadenfreude last season from watching the insufferable hypocrite Christie Murphy get used up and thrown away by the same alliance she'd betrayed everyone for.

9 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

That's some Village of the Damned business.

Translation:" In case you didn't get it last week when Julie mentioned to be kind to one another, this is a reminder that we read Twitter and TMZ and will only address what's going on in the live feed in cryptic send offs. Good night."

Say what you will about Survivor's Jeff Probst, but he at least doesn't speak in code.

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Paging Mr. Roper.  Granted, Norman Fell died in 1998.  Still, I really want there to be a cranky neighbor moving next door to the BB House.  With my luck, it will probably be some insufferable douche bag from a past season that absolutely annoyed the crap out of me.

Maybe it'll be Christie. She can come over and water the flowers with her constant sobbing.

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

What is WITH her and these messages?  She enunciates them so slowly and oddly that I keep thinking she's talking in code.  Is she giving us her thoughts on the houseguests?  Is she talking to the live-feed watchers?  Is she weirdly defending her husband and throwing shade at CBS?  This time she was paraphrasing a Bible passage from the book of Matthew.  Are we supposed to hunt for clues?  Does this mean that Matt Hoffman is going to move in next door?  She clearly wants someone to BE KIND and NOT JUDGE - but who?  Me?  What did I do??

Any of these is possible. Part of the problem with speaking in code is that nobody can figure out what the hell you're trying to say.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

don't know. I've always enjoyed Julie's pattern of wearing several tasteful, elegant outfits in a row followed by one that's completely insane, like she got dressed in the dark. For a hoedown. 

I don't know.  I don't think the quality of the clothing she's been wearing has been as high as what she wore when her hubby was in charge.  I would hesitate to call anything she's been wearing elegant.  maybe less tacky....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

I don't know.  I don't think the quality of the clothing she's been wearing has been as high as what she wore when her hubby was in charge.  I would hesitate to call anything she's been wearing elegant.  maybe less tacky....

Julie must be on a long-term contract for BB, because she now has no connections with the network higher-ups and brings nothing a dozen others couldn't bring. Off the top of my head: Elizabeth Banks, Sharon Osbourne, and Kelly Ripa could all do the job whilst bringing more humor and insight to the proceedings. If the BB producers wanted to have a guy host instead, Food Network's Ted Allen would be great. If they wanted to skew younger, why not a beloved former contestant?

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Andy told Amanda about the Exterminators to get her Jury vote. It's great jury management to the right person.

• Useful 1

It really bothered me how Ian was so dismissive of Day, Kevin and David. Those three might not be playing the best game, but at least they are playing unlike Ian who has been non existent this season. Plus his lay low strategy was a big mistake and shows how bad of a player he is that he can't realize that. There is a difference between laying low while making social bonds and not doing anything. Ian did the latter.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 9

Wow, that was boring.

Yes, every "safe" decision (Dani deciding to keep Tyler, even though she's probably dead meat if he gets power again; Nicole not forcing Dani to show her cards; Dani not using her "Replay" power to play in the HoH comp) can be justified in terms of strategy…but they were all cowardly and all made the episode incredibly boring.  And Nicole's choice not to give Da'Vonne/Kevin/David a heads-up so they wouldn't be caught voting the "wrong" way falls into this category, too…she was, I assume, too scared of getting hated on if she interfered with the plan where Seven White HGs trick and humiliate Three Non-White HGs, so as to isolate the Non-Whites and confirm them as targets.  (I only read the Feeds thread in retrospect, so I don't know the name for this plan…I'm guessing "Operation: Segregation", perhaps?)  But still gutless, Nicole.

Ian exposed that his S14 victory was a bad joke gifted him by a bitter jury and a determination not to vote for Dan, no matter what.  (I guess Dan shouldn't have let Mike Boogie get tossed so easily, huh?  Should have flipped his and Danielle's votes to save his F2, I guess.)  I mean, when Kevin and Da'Vonne are able to grasp the significance of Tyler's non-campaign but Mr. Big Brain Winner can't…just sad.

Plus Ian was kind enough to remind me that he was never properly nominated at all that season.  (Danielle did target him at F4, but as Dan and Shane wanted to evict each other and Danielle was the HoH/Veto holder who didn't get a vote, it was all moot.)  So basically he glided as a mascot/goat and reaped the rewards on Finale Night.  (He did make a good speech, though.)  Hardly worth all of Julie's Hosannas, IMO.

Ridiculous that the HoH is being pushed as a "tune in Sunday" attempt at suspense.  How long is that comp going to last?  10, maybe 15 minutes?  No reason they couldn't have trimmed some fat and just shown the whole comp.  (It would have been hilarious if Julie came back from commercial to "look in on the HoH competition"…and somebody had already won.  Oh, well.)

JULIE:  Judge not, lest ye be judged in turn (slightly modernized)
ME:  Hey, if we're doing Bible quotes, how about this one?  "Thou Shalt Not Commit  Adultery"

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

JULIE:  Judge not, lest ye be judged in turn (slightly modernized)
ME:  Hey, if we're doing Bible quotes, how about this one?  "Thou Shalt Not Commit  Adultery"

ME: The more (and worse) this season progresses, how about this one?  “THOU SHALT NOT KILL”

• LOL 4